[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was really bad >yet another comic relief character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: cool-ant-man-poster.jpg (440 KB, 1200x1750) Image search: [Google]
cool-ant-man-poster.jpg
440 KB, 1200x1750
This movie was really bad
>yet another comic relief character for a hero
>yet another evil Stark as a villain
>yet another forced romance that makes no sense
>>
And yet it's still better than Age fo Ultron!
>>
It's equivalent to every other Marvel movie, honestly.
>>
So it's officially time for /co/ to collectively turn on Ant-Man?
>>
>>77405785
>forced romance that makes no sense
Just because you aren't fucking anybody, don't project that shit onto Paul Rudd.
>>
>>77777777
>>
>>77405859
False it was not as bad as Iron man 2, thor 2 and age of ultron
>>
File: Capture.png (361 KB, 1443x221) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
361 KB, 1443x221
>>77405785
>>77405816
>>
>>77405785
Or your tastes are bad, faggot.
>>
>>77405904
You mean shitposters come abd say the movie is ass
>>
>>77406001

Aaaaannnndddd we're done here.
>>
File: giphy.gif (995 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
995 KB, 245x230
>>77406001

I wonder what it will be like around here when Civil War tops BvS critically and at the box-office.
>>
>>77405785
Didnt you try this like an hour ago?
>>
>>77406001
>Someone hates on a Marvel movie.
>B-but MoS!
Nobody brought up MoS until you, you insecure faggot.
>>
ANTS
>>
>>77406001

Comparing trash to shit doesn't really make the trash look better by comparison.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Antman, the only people shitting on it are insecure DCfags who are upset that a movie called "Antman" did better than MoS
>>
>>77405785
There were problems with the movie, sure. What I can think of? That awkward dinner scene could've been replaced by an extended yj bathroom scene to make it seem more like yj was less sociopathic and more determined.

They could've given more time to YJ testing out the suit to show his progressive brain degradation instead of throwing it in all a once.

That scene where he awkwardly tells the audience his wife died being ant girl could've been segued into and overall set up better than they had.

Hispanic man did not need to save the police gaurd if he wasn't going to save the other two security gaurds.

Rudd could've had one more romance scene with antman's kid to really hit the romance home at the end. As is it was fine, but could've been better.

Overall, yj needed to be a bit more sympathitic, they were trying to push him as Pym's other kid who didn't take the "he was trying to protect you " thing the right way, like I could see where it was going, but there wasn't enough there to communicate it enough, needed at least another scene like in his house.

As is, he came across as a decent enough guy, who felt betrayed and was mentally unstable. Which was rightfully so, because by the movie standpoint everyone was standoffish and hated him no matter what he was doing.
>>
File: 1443120320306.jpg (292 KB, 733x494) Image search: [Google]
1443120320306.jpg
292 KB, 733x494
>>77406001
>someone said something bad about an MCU film!
>obviously they're mouthbreathing Man of Murder defenders!

And that's coming from someone who enjoys both movies. (althought Ant-Man definitely moreso).
>>
>>77405816
Age of ultron was bad because there was that terrible romance sub plot, they tried to do too many things too fast, ad then they killed off Pietro instead of realistically killing off a few thousand people.

What the hell was that? You evacuated a whole city in a few minutes? Get the fuck out of here.

Also pietro probably gonna be back because of the organic vitachamber they made in the movie.

I've heard it was supposed to be way longer and that would've fixed most of the issues, but that whole city getting saved was just....real hammy.
>>
>>77406112

It would only make BvS looks even better. The fact that a movie that is the 2nd one in its own shared universe is as acclaimed as one that has a solid universe already established, with many movies behind it and with lots of recognizable characters can only mean that the DCEU has a pretty good chance to survive and expand.
>>
>>77406189
>80% on RT
>universally loved
>"trash"
kek
>>
>>77406367
He didn't say they would be equal. He was saying Civil War would top BvS. lrn2read fagtron
>>
>>77406367
Explain how losing out both critically and at the box office would make it look better?
>>
>>77406347
>I've heard it was supposed to be way longer and that would've fixed most of the issues

This is mostly about the deleted scene that explains what happens to Thor when he leaves the team to swim in the cave pool. And yes it would have clarified a lot, especially for the non-comic reading audience. The movie is already 3 hours and 15 minutes. An extra three minutes wouldn't have killed anyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 578x762) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 578x762
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/7/23/marvels-studios-first-minstrel-show-michael-penas-luis-in-ant-man

http://www.themarysue.com/ant-man-hope-van-dyne-real-hero/

/thread
>>
>>77406001
And yet American Alien is better than any Mavel comic put out in the last twenty years (and is comfy)
>>
>>77406672

Wait what really? I was expecting the worst from Landis.
>>
>>77406808
Yes, it's the greatest comic ever made. And it's comfy.
>>
File: 1431044824849.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1431044824849.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>77406588
>/threading your own post
>>
>>77406580
That's it? Would've explained vision, wouldn't have fixed that weird ass bw and hulk plotline that was really garabage. BW was flirting with everyone it's kinda weird to think it suddenly meant something.

Also Ultron kept seeming like he'd get more development but didn't would've liked, like more father son stark time would've been cool.

>>77406588
what a retard, the whole point of her character was that she WAS more capable than Rudd's chaaracter, but the father didn't want tolose her like he did her capable mom. Then he relents and figures he can't change the future, he can only help her not die.
>>
>>77406672
Landis, you've plugged your stuff in every thread I've been in today.

Stop.
>>
>>77406588
THIS
>>
>>77406951
I wish I was Max Landis. Then I would be handsome and talented.
Besides, Max doesn't need to advertise his masterpiece. It's already going to become this generation's comic equivalent to Citizen Kane. Bigger than Watchmen and Y:The Last Man.
>>
Reminder mods deleted my posts in this thread saying Ant-Man sucked
>>
>>77405785
I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad (I've seen plenty of worse cape movies). But I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't bored. I really liked Hope, Hank, and Cross. But I didn't care for any of the other characters and felt the movie dragged on. It certainly better than Thor 2 and Age of Ultron that's for sure. But it didn't wow me like Winter Soldier.
I'm mores excited for Civil War than Ant-Man 2 at this point. Even then, I'm praying Based Russos won't hurt me like Whedon did.
>>
>>77406001

>Somebody doesn't like a marvel movie
>Better hide behind MoS!

Fucking coward
>>
>>77406276
>>77405785
>>77405955
The pocho was a terrible character andhated how Liliy's character was a karate killing machine mary sue.
>>
>>77405785
>yet another forced romance that makes no sense
My only real problem with the movie, imo desu baka senpai.
>>
>>77407985
Fuck you, Hope was the best thing about the movie. She should of been the hero instead of NotChrisPratt
>>
I'll still give the movie credit for getting rid of those DUDE ANT-MAN IS SILLY LMAO jokes that were in the trailer
>>
>>77407985
She wasn't a mary sue though, she was supporting cast. Her flaws were that she was untrusting, had daddy issues, maybe even a bit of a superiority complex.

Mary sue are self inserts who normally have no flaws to the detriment of the film, and fucks the main character, sometimes dieing.

She nearly botched the whole heist because she didn't like Pauly boy.
>>
>>77405785
i found this movie entertaining. i know next to nothing about ant man, being a x-men guy, all i knew going in is he can talk to ants, get big/small.
i liked paul rudd, i liked the fight with falcon, i liked his criminal pals. the big ant was cute. only thing i didnt like was the old antman being a secret agent stopping nukes and stuff, i dont know why, but that came off as cheesey
>>
>>77408508
I actually liked that part, gave him more of a reason to not want his suit to be militarized.

I didn't like the whole falcon sideplot, you could've cut that whole fight and the macguffin he went there to get and nothing but a semi cool fightscene would be lost.

Might've been used for character development, or it could've been implemented better.
>>
File: char_79301.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_79301.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>77408508
I like the movie for what it is. But let's face it, it was kinda shit in an objective way and had racist characters that everyone freaked out about when Transformers did it but since it's MCU everyone is like I LAHHHV IT
>>
>>77405785
Agree with the first three statements.
The last one is debatable.
>>
>>77405785
never leave the house without your mexican sidekicks
>>
>>77406588
why does the old man have to always train the young hero? down with agism.
>>
>>77406112
i dont care i just want cape movies
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.