[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who killed the most characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: bullseye.png (608 KB, 1000x488) Image search: [Google]
bullseye.png
608 KB, 1000x488
Which character in comics has killed the most named characters? I'm not talking about shit like Cyborg Superman destroying Coast City. Those people don't count because almost none of them were named or had any character development. I'm talking about killing characters.

Which hero killed the most characters? Which villain killed the most characters?

So far, I see Bullseye killed Elektra, Karen Page (One of Daredevil's girlfriends), Morgana le Fey, and Sentry's wife Lindy. that's 4 characters, so that's a good place to start.
>>
>>77403563

Deadpool

He killed the Marvel universe.
>>
>>77403563
Anti-monitor probably.
>>
>>77403724
This is debatably the same as the Coast City exclusion OP meant but there were a lot of named characters in that too so I don't know.
>>
>>77403724
I tried to look up who Anti-Monitor is and who he killed, but it was really confusing. Can you explain a little, please?
>>
>>77404063
>>77404131
Well, all the named characters from earth 3, all the named characters from earth s that didn't make it, and from other earths that DC bought, etc. They were real characters, and not just alternative versions of the characters.
>>
File: Scourge_of_the_Underworld.jpg (39 KB, 200x551) Image search: [Google]
Scourge_of_the_Underworld.jpg
39 KB, 200x551
>>77403563
>>
Barry Allen
>>
>>77408389
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>77408428
Who is he and who did he kill?
>>
>>77403563
Hal Jordan/Paralax in Zero Hour
>>
>>77403563
Punisher killed around 50k people, as they say.
>>
>>77403563
Attention autists, OP said characters, not unnamed canon fodder.
>>
>>77409677
Everyone but the anon who mentioned Frank has fallen under OP's parameters. Hal, Barry and the Antimonitor have officially killed or uncreated entire universes of faceless fodder AND characters.
>>
>>77409626
The original Scourge of the Underworld, basically editorial mandate the character - he was created to get rid of unpopular and rarely used supervillains in the 80s, appeared in a plenty of Cap and Iron Man books at the time. Killed a few dozens of minor named supervillains.
>>
>>77409712
They actually created a character to kill off other characters? Couldn't they have just done that while saving time by having them all get arrested and die in a prison explosion or something like that?
It would make the heroes and law seem more active while also sweeping away the trash, seems a more productive method.
>>
>>77409726
Iirc there were multiple red herrings to his real personality in a Cap arc back then, it was some sort of event I guess? My memory's shoddy though.
>>
thanos
>>
>>77409734
A mystery angle huh? Well I guess that is more productive for sales than appearances if it gets people reading.
Still can't wrap my head around it, it's like creating a team of heroes, possibly Canadian, who all die off.
>>
>>77409626
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scourge_of_the_Underworld
>>
Wolverine must be pretty high on the list. He killed plenty characters at one point or other like Sabretooth, Magneto, Jean Grey, Northstar...(yeah, they came back but sill)
>>
>>77403563
Doctor Strange and the Avengers, I believe. They destroyed an entire parallel Earth populated by variations on DC heroes because they were too weak to find another way.
>>
>>77403563
>>
>>77404131
He destroyed most of the multiverse.
>>
How about all those characters from all those wild west comic book titles like the Two-Gun Kid and the Kid Colt and others, almost every one of their stories ended up with their antagonists dead.
>>
>>77403563
I think there was a list made of this, the top 3 guys were Frank, Deadpool and wolverine as 3rd, 2nd, and 1st respectively
>>
Don't really read anything with him in, but hasn't Superboy prime killed quite a few characters?
>>
Do potential characters/alternate timeline named characters count? I'm sure the Flash/Reverse Flash did a lot of damage with the whole Flashpoint thing
>>
>>77403563
Mr. Zsasz has killed even more people than the Joker.
And he brags about it by covering his body in tally marks.
Screw the Joker, why hasn't anyone in Gotham killed Zsasz yet?
>>
>>77411804
Nobody gives a shit about that edgemaster.
>>
>>77403563

Green Goblin? He killed Gwen Stacy, fake Aunt May, the Strucker twins, the Punisher, Lyndy Reynolds, indirectly Ares and the Sentry.
>>
>>77410047

Damn. Cold is awesome.
>>
>>77408413
Wildstorm, vertigo and pre flashpoint
>>
>>77412272
Agreed
>>
File: Hal Jordan26.jpg (1 MB, 1037x1600) Image search: [Google]
Hal Jordan26.jpg
1 MB, 1037x1600
>>77410047
How many of those moments were written by Geoff Johns?
>>
Bendis
>>
>>77414298
Technically all but the two Citizen Cold kills, but since it was his idea to begin with...

It's funny how many of those kills are caused by Cold bitching about own no-kill rule. Save for the Flashpoint ones, only Chillblaine doesn't count towards this.
>>
>>77416908
This is the correct answer
>>
>>77410044
Doesn't matter, Cyclops killed the only one that matters.
>>
File: Purifiers_002.jpg (330 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Purifiers_002.jpg
330 KB, 800x1200
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.