[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Gorilla Grodd's devolution machine work on the alien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: ape_jlu.jpg (29 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
ape_jlu.jpg
29 KB, 640x361
Why did Gorilla Grodd's devolution machine work on the alien Superman?
>>
>>77399562
Kryptonians are evolved from Kryptapes.
>>
>>77399562
Yeah that was stupid.
>>
Was it said to be a devolution machine? I thought it was just an ape-maker. Since we aren't descended from gorillas and all.
>>
It's actually just an ape ray. He couldn't figure out how to make an actual devolution machine, but was embarrassed about that so pretended he did.
>>
Wasn't Beppo a kryptonian monkey? So he's just a kryptonian gorrila, duh.
>>
Because it's a Gorillafication machine, not a devolution machine.

Humans wouldn't turn into Gorilla either if that were the case.
>>
>>77399671
In DCAU he just had weird space radiation IIRC
>>
It's funny, but this episode was based on two similar plots in the DCU which came out within I think a year of each other. One turned the JLA into gorillas as part of some Grodd plot. Lasted a few issues, had some yuks, which were in the show.

The lesser known product was JLA: Primeval, a weird one-shot where a lunatic devolves the JLA as part of his plot to summon The Ancient Etc. It's creepy and fantastic, with a damn fine execution of concept.
>>
>>77399790
There was a DCAU Beppo?
>>
Well..I guess you're right. It's not so much a devolution machine... as it is a dodgeball cannon
>>
>>77399562
Same reason it worked on Wonder Woman.
>>
File: 1441320695850.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1441320695850.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>77399587
>Kryptapes
>Not Kryptoniapes
>>
File: stor.jpg (3 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
stor.jpg
3 KB, 120x90
>>77399915

A...dodgeball cannon?
>>
Convergent evolution. What do you think Kryptonians, who have similar features to humans in both looks and planets, evolved from?
>>
>>77399562
Given that Kripton had super dogs, it's not too far of a stretch to say it had super apes that Kriptonians evolved from
>>
>>77399562
wouldn't turning superman into a gorilla make him more powerful
>>
what episode was this?
>>
>>77399587
>>77400124
>>77400053
So he calibrated the thing to turn humans into gorillas, and also Kryptonians into Kyrptogorillas.
>>
>>77400204
The one where Gorilla Grodd built a devolution ray.
>>
>>77400259
But what episode number and season?
>>
Superman canonically had a son with Lois. Kryptonians are literally just humans from Krypton.
>>
>>77399562
More importantly, why is the S curl still there?
>>
>>77400331
So you can tell it's Superman.
>>
>>77399562
same reason the anti-male magic spell effected supes and jonn
>>
Why'd they turn back? Honestly, a world full of apes would be a pretty nice place. It would probably eliminate racism as a concept unless they end up doing a Black Apes vs Grey Apes thing.
>>
>>77400359
Oh, nice catch.
>>
if grodd wants everyone to be apes, why did he turn giganta from ape to woman?
>>
>>77399562
Because there are dogs on Krypton.
>>
>>77400291
Dead Reckoning, Where it also had Deadman shot and killed Not-Black Manta
>>
>>77400212
>Not Kryptorillas

Ya blew it, anon.
>>
>>77401268
thanks
>>
>>77399893
Nope anon is thinking about Titano.
>>
>>77400053
Starfire's race evolved from cats and look human, for the most part.
>>
File: kids.jpg (53 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
kids.jpg
53 KB, 293x289
>>77399562
Because it exists in a cartoon based off of a comicbook
>>
Somehow the prospect of fighting GorrilaBatman is much scarier than fighting normal batman.
Feet grappling hook, batarangs and bombs.
>>
>>77399562
kryptonians are atlanteans that left when a civil war ensued, atlanteans used to be human so that's why it worked.
>>
>>77406203
>kryptonians are atlanteans that left when a civil war ensued

what
>>
>>77400124
>>77401218
Guys you're forgetting someone
>>
It was an gorillafia machine, because if it was a devolution machine the humans wouldn't have turned into Gorillas Smh Tbh f a m
>>
>>77399562

There are canonically gorillas on Krypton. (They eat uranium). Presumably their evolution was very similar to those of Earthlings.

It would have been nice if he had looked a LITTLE different though.
>>
Sorry, they eat radium - not uranium.

http://mindmistress.tumblr.com/post/7422533065/gorillas-gorillaoids
>>
>>77409270

Insane as it sounds, he might be right... according to at least one Silver Age story, Superman's people are not in fact native to Krypton, but descended from two separate races of alien colonizers.
>>
>>77409441
I could have swore, Doomsday was a protokryptonian. Just stupid strong. Sort of how a Neanderthal would be stronger than most people.
>>
Him looking human (let alone similar to any earth ethnicity) is enough of a stretch. Might as well roll with it.

Gorilla Grodd is an odd sort of supremacist, really. Not even the 'psychic gorilla' part either. It's like if Hitler wanted to turn every human into a 10/10 Aryan instead of displacing them. Which is a kind gesture I guess, at least when compared to genocide, but still.
>>
>>77399927
Wonder Woman is native to Earth retard
>>
>>77409837
Shes made of clay though
>>
>>77410750
JLU Wonder Woman is daughter of Hades
>>
>>77410937
Would it work on Hades? Is there a Gorilla Greek Pantheon no one ever mentions?
>>
>>77409441

According to Elliot S! Maggins in the various Superman books he wrote, two space explorers managed to crash on Krypton for some reason a long time ago, and every single Kryptonian is a descendant from those two explorers.

Very Adam and Eve-ish, even though 2 people couldn't really re-populate a planet and it's never mentioned where those space explorers came from.
>>
File: catgirl things.png (241 KB, 811x331) Image search: [Google]
catgirl things.png
241 KB, 811x331
>>77399562
I remember a comic where the Justice League got devolved.

Batman became an "intelligent" caveman.

Caveman Green Lantern couldnt stop creating monsters that attacked him.

Martian Manhunter became a green blob.

Aquaman was turned into Alan Moores rape fish.

Superman turned into a "gorilla/caveman" thing, that was much more buff, and had the same white cracked skin tone of Bizarro - this is kind of neat.

And Wonderwoman turned into a statue, and them into the "primal form of the gods", as some sort of wandering thought that could only comunicate with people by their dreams.
>>
>>77411127
>Superman turned into a "gorilla/caveman" thing, that was much more buff, and had the same white cracked skin tone of Bizarro - this is kind of neat.

I seem to remember that sort of happening in a different story as well, can't remember which one. Might have been the Frankenstein elseworlds, Luthor's Monster or whatever. I seem to remember a case where Bizarro shed his skin and looked human, but maybe I just made that up. There was also that Zibarro guy in All-Star. Maybe Bizarro looks the way he does for a reason?
>>
>>77411641
Like some kind of Kriptonitian evolutional vestigiality, caused by the messing of his genes?
>>
File: UC-Teddy.jpg (75 KB, 460x576) Image search: [Google]
UC-Teddy.jpg
75 KB, 460x576
>>77399562
>Ape Lex Luthor is still bald
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.