[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any series similar to this? Just finished it and i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: avatar.jpg (133 KB, 854x510) Image search: [Google]
133 KB, 854x510
Are there any series similar to this? Just finished it and i crave something with a similar sense of adventure and world building.
Can also be anime
>>
>>77399233
Wakfu
>>
>>77399255
The problem is when you finish it you will be left with an even greater crave
>>
Also i know korra exists, but given the amount of controversy and hate it gets, im wondering if its even worth getting into and how it compares to the original.
>>
>>77399493
It is different, and mostly not as good.
Season 1 is okay, Season 2 is holy shit burn it with fire terrible, Season 3 and 4 are good but still not quite ATLA quality. The shorter seasons and sporadic production schedule meant that more episodes are dedicated towards serving the plots, and less time is spent really fleshing out the characters (which was what ATLA did really well).

If you want a similarly emotional but still goofy series you could try One Piece.
>>
HunterXhunter 2011
>>
>>77399233
Actually been re-watching this. Usually I read fanfiction until I burn myself out. It helps.

Though not /co/, a shounen series might work, or a JRPG. Tales o the Abyss has a cast of people that don't initially get along but get better as time goes on, and the MC is just as childish as Aang before development kicks in.
>>
>>77399493
LoK works if you go in expecting to provide your own MST3K-style commentary.
>>
File: mad ken.gif (2 MB, 550x374) Image search: [Google]
mad ken.gif
2 MB, 550x374
either pic related,HxH or one piece. there isnt a serie that come close to TLA imo,i like think of it as a better star wars tho
>>
File: 1445203150531.png (116 KB, 729x692) Image search: [Google]
1445203150531.png
116 KB, 729x692
>>77400483
>or one piece
OP if you go with this please read it instead of watching. Only watch up to Water 7 arc, after that manga only because Toei goes full QUALITY with pacing on par with a half dead snail. Maybe Thriller Bark since it's a goof arc to watch. Also be sure to check the wiki for what's filler or not.

It's honestly faster to read but the early anime isn't bad at all. Even my mom watches it. S-sorry to rant and rave, but going in blind isn't the best idea given what the anime's become.
>>
hows that one punch man thing i keep hearing about?
>>
File: 1355105381119.png (559 KB, 732x799) Image search: [Google]
1355105381119.png
559 KB, 732x799
>>77402519
Manga's amazing. Real fun to read in a long sitting over waiting for new chapters. Animation is gorgeous. Based madhouse. Really, it looks stunning. MC is great. You'll love it.
>>
>>77399233
Ben 10, Ben 10: Alien Force, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Generator Rex
Wakfu
Tron: Uprising
DC Animated Universe
Teen Titans(not Go!)
Gargoyles
Thundercats(2011)
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe(2002)
Gravity Falls
Steven Universe
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The Legend of Korra
Star Wars Rebels
>>
>>77403699
Slow down there, Captain Autismo.
>>
>>77402519
it's a gag anime. not to be taken seriously. the cool-looking gifs and pages you might have seen are only there so that the stupid jokes hit harder and subvert all the "seriousness" that is attempting to happen.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.