[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is Marvel Television going to figure out what the fuck to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
When is Marvel Television going to figure out what the fuck to do with this guy?
>>
I'm sure the budget for a magic martial arts city and a dragon are what's holding them back

Also if people are taking the " He should be Asian" complaints seriously
>>
>>77399126
>"He does kung fu, so he must be Asian"

That is pretty racist in itself, why isn't anybody noticing that?
>>
>>77400085
Because they think it's better than having a white savior, even though Danny absolutely isn't one. I mean he takes the power and runs, completely ditching his responsibilities and we even know that he's not even the best martial artist, the other Deadly Weapons are equal if not superior to him
>>
>>77399044
I don't know, like 1972 or some shit like that?
>>
>>77399044
It contradicts too sharply with the tone of the MCU. They don't like magic or mysticism.
>>
>>77401254

>They don't like magic or mysticism.

You know, except for Daredevil.

I know people are still inexplicably salty over the Thor 2 thing, but this doesn't mean magic doesn't exist in the MCU.
>>
>>77401254
Then why the fuck did they greenlight the show?
>>
They should just adapt the Immortal Weapons tournament.

In the storyline, K'un-L'un and the other 6 cities have a central location where the tournament is held. Just have that location be, conveniently NYC.

The cities rotate in and out of the earthly plane. Just say the rotation isn't totally synchronized, and this time they pop-up off of NY, not some mountain in China.

Because of this, they can keep K'un-L'un mostly Chinese in culture, but since the city pops up in different places, over the centuries random people have joined or left earth when it pops up, so there's a few whites and blacks here or there. Similar to MCU Asgard, they're not common, but its not noteworthy to have other ethnicities around.
>>
They already have it figured out, they just don't want to announce anything yet cause they want people interested in Jessica right now.
Source: my dad works at disney
>>
I've heard that they are considering scrapping the Iron Fist series and replacing it with a Punisher series and just giving Iron Fist a Netflix-exclusive movie instead.

Is there any truth to that?
>>
>>77402441
Maybe. It's just a rumor. We'll see.
>>
>>77401452

Neither magic nor mysticism ever came up in DD. They're probably going to make K'un-L'un something like Asgard where it's just a realm of "aliens."
>>
>>77402566
Black Sky and Madame Gao.
>>
marvel is going hard with magic/crazy shit in phase 3, they have to

> dr strange
> thor ragnarok
> infinity gauntlet
> thanos
> guardians 2 in general
> bigger wanda role
> microverse in antman & wasp

eastern kung fu mysticism is a cakewalk compared to other shit
>>
>>77399126
>use fire and ominous shape in fuzzy flasback for dragon
>have said shape dead in background while danny plunges hands in brazier
>if they are super sperge about kun lun just shoot interiors
>use stock footage for long distance mountain shots and studio for close ups in the hiking sequence
>just shoot interiors in kun lun

it's pretty easy dawg
>>
>>77402441
theres like a million different rumors like that circling around all with different heroes replacing iron fist

sources are all peeltheorange and shit like bleedingcool so go figure
>>
>>77404467
>> thor ragnarok
>magic
Nah , man. It'll be an invasion from a more powerful alien race.
>>
>>77402775

Genetic experiment and alien.
>>
File: 1315487455410.jpg (14 KB, 180x130) Image search: [Google]
1315487455410.jpg
14 KB, 180x130
>>77399044
>tfw the superhero bubble bursts and we have a Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones et al, but no Iron Fist.

>>77401254
Is that why Doctor Strange is getting a movie?
>>
>>77399044

Never. They're clearly too afraid to do anything with him properly. Otherwise they would have already have the show in production instead of trying their best to ignore it and hype their other stuff.
>>
>>77402775

Completely superficial allusions that meant nothing. Notice how they barely bothered to explain anything about Black Sky. It's a highly dangerous and important plot point we- oh no, wait, the kid's dead, nevermind.
>>
>read the two complete collections of immortal iron fist
>like them, not amazing, but good short stories and great art (for the most part)
so like... does this shit go anywhere?
i dont mean in the grand sense, obviously theres iron fist stories before this and after, but ALOT of the stories all ended in "and then K'un L'un had to deal with some fucking shit the end"
it being attacked by hydra, the entire 8th city populace showing up, im not remembering perfectly, but i think there were two more arcs that ended that way also
it just kinda felt like a cheap ending alot of the time, with danny just passing the real problem onto someone else
>>
Well Danny will probably appear in Luke Cage so we'll at least ave a casting soon, espacially now its already started shooting
>>
>>77410095
They've already confirmed that Doctor Strange is a super-scientist in the movie. He doesn't cast spells, he just uses quantum mechanics. He's not even going to be a real doctor, just a scientist.
>>
>>77410828
Source?
>>
>>77400190
All in all, people will bitch wherever Danny is white savior or Asian kung fu guy.
>>
>>77410860
I'm not going to spoonfeed you. Just google it.
>>
>>77399044
if they make him Asian im done with netflix and marvel
>>
>>77410906

Which is why they should just cast this guy and be done with it. He's perfect.
>>
File: Christian-Howard-394x222.jpg (24 KB, 394x222) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Howard-394x222.jpg
24 KB, 394x222
>>77410940
>>
>>77410828
Do we really need to have this discussion again? That's not what they said, they said he'd have a scientific approach towards learning and understanding magic.
>>
>>77410883
>I'm not going to spoonfeed you because I just make shit up
>>
>>77410095
>tfw the superhero bubble bursts

You motherfuckers have been saying this for ten goddamn years and it's still nowhere close to happening.
>>
>>77410997
Stop pretending this is good or in character and maybe we can stop having the discussion.
Dr. strange's journey into sorcery is about abandoning science out of desperation
>>
>>77410875
So cast a brown-skinned Latino dude. Black is overdone while white and Asian are out of the question. It still allows Danny to be the outsider.
>>
>>77401452
Never understood that. Who gives a shit? I understand the complaint that it's the midichlorian effect of needless exposition, but they also don't dwell on it, so what's the big deal?
>>
File: 1367211153520.png (486 KB, 526x700) Image search: [Google]
1367211153520.png
486 KB, 526x700
>>77412221
>white is out of the question
>for a character who has always been white
>>
>>77412273
Not that anon, and I LOVE Iron Fist and think there've been runs that handled him well? But after all the weird stereotyping with the hooks in Daredevil, I don't really trust Marvel TV to do it without being weird about it. I don't think they trust themselves either.

There's a lot of weird stereotypical stuff tied up in his whole deal, and a lot of that still seems to be there in the MCU. I feel like making him a brown dude would help to offset some of it, you know?
>>
>>77412273
I think changing Danny's race is bullshit as well. However it DOES invoke Might Whitey vibes even though we know Danny isn't the best and had to work hard.

So if his race has to be changed, don't let him be Asian because that's stereotypical. And black being the only diversity is cringing.

So why not Latin American? Preferably one with indigenous blood? Some of the toughest fighters at my Muay Thai gym are Latino and they love Asian culture.
>>
>>77412721
Having a Latino MCU character who's not a stereotypical caricature of Mexicans would be cool.
>>
>>77412721
>So why not Latin American?
There aren't really that many Latin Americans that are millionaires owning fortune 500 companies that have been around for decades.
>>
>>77412787
There aren't a lot of literal Norse gods and gigantic green monsters either.
>>
>>77399044
Considering his show is coming in about a year, seems like maybe they already have.
>>
They've already introduced elements of supernatural martial arts stuff in Daredevil. I think Iron Fist got delayed because Daredevil was a huge hit and they wanted another season of it before Defenders. It'll happen eventually I'm sure. The Punisher spinoff might end up pushing it to after Defenders though.
>>
>>77412748
Exactly. I'm not Latino but I have tons of friends from Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, and Peru. Having a superhero from that region doing chi and martial arts would be cool.

>>77412787
Have Danny be a Latino kid whose adopted by a rich family. Or his mom is from South America and inherited her swarthy looks.
>>
>>77412800

They still have no idea what the fuck they're doing. They've heard tons of pitches and haven't selected a premise, style, showrunner or actor yet and the time to start production is closing fast. Even more so because Luke Cage is coming even sooner and it would be smart to tie Danny into that. The Daredevil showrunner said that all of the Iron Fist / K'un-Lun references were just pop flys they threw up so the Iron Fist writers could jump on them but there was no level of planning for a set up behind that.

The rumor now is that Marvel is happy with the way Punisher is shaping up in Daredevil S2 so they might replace Iron Fist with a Punisher series.
>>
>>77410126
You're really fucking obtuse.
>>
>>77412787
They're not that uncommon.
>>
>>77412879
>The rumor now is that Marvel is happy with the way Punisher is shaping up in Daredevil S2 so they might replace Iron Fist with a Punisher series.

I heard that Iron Fist may be retooled into a Netflix exclusive movie instead of a series. Either way, they aren't going to get rid of Iron Fist, he'll still be part of the Netflix deal and the Defenders in some way.
>>
>>77411020
"quantum physics doctor strange" on google, first link you lazy fucking faggot.
>>
>>77412787
>Dad is white
>Mom is brown
Problem solved
>>
>>77410883
>>77411020
>>77413395

Chill, you two.
Searched about it and, the way they put it, the "quantum physics" thingy will be a way to try and explain magic. It doesn't mean magic doesn't exist.

(Person who asked for source here)
>>
>>77414213
It kind of matters. Why wear a cape and chant incantations if you're just manipulating quantum physics? What does that make the spellbooks? Or the beings whose power he calls on?
>>
>>77414385
I guess that's the point of it.
Fleige apparently considers this a transition from scientist Strange to the Doctor Strange we know (or kinda him).
It's about the tension between logic and magic, science and sorcery.
>>
>>77414385
>What does that make the spellbooks?
Alien relics, just like all of his trinkets are considering they're all sitting in odins treasure room.
>>
>>77414773
So if you wrote the spells down in an Earth book made from Earth trees would you no longer be able to cast them?
>>
>>77399044
MARVEL not figuring out what to do with Iron Fist is just a fucking rumor you dumbass. Stop believing every single shit you see on intarhnet
>>
>>77414899
>So if you wrote the spells down
What would look like language, are just wires and cable conduits from alien tech that harnesses different kinds of energy for different kinds of uses. The "spell books" are just boxes.
>>
>>77414943
Oh fuck off Marvel shill. Rich Johnston has literally never been wrong before when it comes to his rumor articles, so why would he be wrong here?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.