[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrick.... THE GAME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
>No one's talking about the new Spongebob episodes
>Kaz was a writer on one of them
>Patrick: The Game was the best episode in years

For shame /co/, for shame
>>
Anyone got a MEGA/torrent of the episode?
>>
Crazy to see Kaz write an episode after more than 10 years

He was a part of some of the series' best eps and brought a little dark humor to some eps like Chocolate with Nuts and the nasty patty episode

Haven't seen "Sewers" yet but I'm hoping he's brought back some wit to the show
>>
>>77398863
That's because everyone gave up, anon. Spongebob has been dead to us for years now.
>>
>>77398863
>No one's talking about the new Spongebob episodes
Actually this board was what directed me to the one where they mistake Patrick for a businessman, it was decent
>>
File: 90.gif (388 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
90.gif
388 KB, 267x199
>>77398863
Just saw it myself. Goddamit, that was some good shit.
>>
>>77403433
See? That first episode was almost pre-movie shit right there.
>>
>>77398863
>Can't watch until it's uploaded somewhere

Dammit.
But hey, it's a little weird to actually look forward to seeing a new Spongebob episode. Haven't had that feeling in a very long time.
>>
File: 1443767917040.jpg (24 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
1443767917040.jpg
24 KB, 620x423
>>77400715
I don't know about everyone but it's beemn dead to me since 2006. I'll give it another shot for old times sake.
>>
Need a link now
>>
>>77398982
>>
>>77398863

Link? I can't find this. I'm hype.
>>
>>77404434
>>77398982

it's on kickass fa͏m
>>
>>77404849
We can say "senpai" now?
>>
http://allmyvideos.net/kaighm69z3qe

Have fun. Both episodes were pretty good.
>>
Who is kaz
>>
>>77404849
> fa͏m
>>
it was awful
>>
Is Hillenburg back yet?
>>
>>77405491
This shit better be worth it.
>>
File: like old times.png (543 KB, 888x473) Image search: [Google]
like old times.png
543 KB, 888x473
Humour still needs some work and it moves a little too fast for my taste. But the animation is looking a little nicer.
>>
>>77406026
>Overly dumb Patrick
This isn't looking good so far.
>>
>>77403433
What are you talking about? That felt nothing like pre-S4.

They're still treating Patrick too much like an idiot and nothing more.

There were some good moments, SpongeBob had some funny lines (yeah play by the rules). Squidward cares too much about stuff now, he just sounds whiny rather than angry. Sandy was just there.

I dunno, between that and the new music I couldn't get a pre-movie vibe. That's not to say it hasn't improved, but it's never going to return to its former glory.
>>
>>77406087
He seems to be as much of an idiot as he was in the olden days.
>>
DID THEY CHANGE SANDY'S VOICE?
>>77406119
No way. Now he's basically retarded. Before he was dumb but didn't act like a five year old and could sound smart at times.
>>
>>77404849
>fa͏m
Test

baka senpai desu
>>
Are there more jokes like this now or is it just me? I don't remember there being so much of this kind of total nonsense in a single episode. Every once in a while sure.
>>
I'm an octopus
What
WHAT
>>
>>77406144
>Sandy's voice
No, her actress is just getting older
>>77406301
Always has been
>>
>>77406301
"Squidward is an anthropomorphic octopus"
Maybe it wasn't funny because it showed a self-awareness, like I said.

Pros
>The animation looks improved and they're trying to use more dynamic expressions and poses
>Some of the close ups are funny and tries to capture the essence of pre-S4 Spongebob
>Spongebob is less annoying and overtly-optimistic, behaves better.
>More gags (yes, this is a pro and con)
>Patrick is showing more emotion like getting angry at Squidward and there's better interaction between the characters.
>It feels less mean-hearted and more funny and playful. Especially how they're treating Squidward now.

Cons
>The animation goes too fast to keep up with the dialogue that tries to deliver jokes - so it ends up coming off as awkward and rushed.
>It looks uncomfortable with the pace of animation and it doesn't appear at the right places all the time.
>Still suffers from that "self-aware" (I honestly don't know what else to call it, but they put it on a lot of shows now) type of humor modern shows have, like when Spongebob is playing the game and he gets a driver license and he says, "Drive license! Driver license! What's that mean?"
>More nonsense, but it feels weird because it's trying to tell a story while implementing a lot gags and close ups. It needs to slow down and space it out more, and lessen the amount.
>Patrick is too dumb sometimes and they tell his voice actor to make his voice sound more "slow".

I got some laughs out of it, I admit. I see some flaws that need to be fixed and may just be the show falling out of its prime (its a whole lot better from the mess that was most of the new Spongebob episodes though). The episode was at least cute.

It's a 7/10 imo
>>
>>77406477

maybe a 6.8/10.

That was kind of scary what happened to Squidward at the end, but funny how he beat up Patrick.
>>
Well that was shit but I actually thought Sewers was pretty good! Nothing annoying in it unlike the Patrick one.
>>
It was okay
Definitely won't go out of my way to continue though
>>
>>77406551

T b h the only thing REALLY annoying was Patrick's voice.

That Squidward-Spongebob mischief in the Sewers once was excellent

I missed how they used to bond like that

It's interesting because it's like the old writers are trying to get the spirit back where the new faggots (or the ones who made new Spongebob cancer) you can feel em trying to creep their shit in
>>
File: purplefish.png (337 KB, 401x431) Image search: [Google]
purplefish.png
337 KB, 401x431
Got a new husbando. Sane, tall, nice suit, purple. What's there not to like?
>>
You just lost it.
>>
>>77406910
Also voiced by Jeff Bennett
>>
You know what, that wasn't terrible. No where near the level of early spongebob but not as bad as recent spongebob. 6/10 for both episodes.
>>
>>77406110
Squidward was always whiny though, that's what made his torture so humorous. Go back and watch early SpongeBob, he was always like that, and I'm glad Sandy was there to keep it in check. I'll agree on Patrick though, he was a bit too dumb, but was still a vast improvement over how he was before this episode. Overall, this new season just needs to work out the kinks, that's all.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 234x216
What episode is this damn face from
>>
>>77405491
These were good episodes. They just don't quite reach the god tier level of the earlier seasons.

Squidward felt like too much of an asshole in the first one to the point where he was starting to become obnoxious.
>>
>>77399608
>Chocolate with Nuts and the nasty patty episode
Jesus christ, those are top tier episodes
>>
>>77405491
Okay, watching it. The start is not so funny but not as terrible as the new episodes. I'm more distracted by the animation/art style.

But when the gang starts playing the game, it's actually kinda funny.

So far, it's actually better than a lot of post-first movie episodes.
>>
Okay the sewage one was funny
>>
i only laughed at mini-patrick and the whole jail thing
>>
File: denchers.png (166 KB, 354x214) Image search: [Google]
denchers.png
166 KB, 354x214
fucking KEK

theyre nailing these visual gags
>>
>>77406637
I think it's just that the new writers are so far below the old writers which is reasonable because the old writers made a show that was almost 10/10 on every single episode. There's no way you can be as good as that.
>>
The new crew still needs to deal with leftover shit from the post-movie 1 seasons, like the animation style and the music.

But once they get full control in S10, it should be better.
>>
That was yesterday? Huh. Well, I'll check it out later I guess.
>>
>autists still watch spongebob
>>
>>77408853
Face Freeze
>>
>>77408853
>when she's suckin yo dick under the table
>>
File: 1447182959483.gif (305 KB, 279x199) Image search: [Google]
1447182959483.gif
305 KB, 279x199
>>77412953
Fuck, I laughed.
>>
Why doesn't Sandy have her Southern accent anymore? That's really putting me off.
>>
>>77416614
I didn't think she sounded any different.
>>
Some of those jokes were funny and the episode didn't cancer
But damn was patrick and Squidward annoying
The show willl still probably be a pass
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.