[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does the comic start showing differences from the show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 320x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 320x485
When does the comic start showing differences from the show? I'd like to start reading but I don't want to have to sift through stuff I've already seen on the show. If it's different enough I'll just start from the beginning
>>
>>77395951
When little Carl murders Shane in issue 6.
>>
>>77395951
The difference is the comic is good, and the show is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>77396235
wrong. it started with that spanish retirement home place in season 1 and then when they went to the CDC. never happened in the comic.

the show is a completely different entity from the comics. to be honest its gotten more comic accurate as the shows gone on, mainly with season 5. from what the producers say this current season will be the most comic accurate season yet.
>>
>>77396849
oh my bad, I'm drunk, i thought OP was asking when does the show start to differ from the comics.
>>
Just start reading from like 3 issues ago it's really all you need or start with negans introduction that's a good starting point
The comic is pretty boring otherwise but if you read it regularly it's a nice once a month thing
>>
>>77395951
Almost immediately. For the most part, I think the pacing in the show is much better early on. I haven't gotten to the Season 2 equivalent yet, but so far, the show > comic
>>
>>77395951
There are actual seasons in the comic. Winter happens before issue 10 I think.
>>
They're pretty different very early on. They both follow similar arcs but the way certain events play out are different enough that reading through stuff you already watched is still worthwhile.
>>
>>77395951
Immediately. For one Kirkman writes his characters like they were robots trying to pass as people. The show writes their characters as people trying to pass as people. It's a striking difference.
>>
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.