[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shitty childhood >instant villain don't you hate this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 4082539-0943074374-06-Me.jpg (52 KB, 555x698) Image search: [Google]
4082539-0943074374-06-Me.jpg
52 KB, 555x698
>shitty childhood
>instant villain

don't you hate this?
>>
I defy you to find a villain who didn't have a shitty childhood.

And once you finally have found one, you will realize how rare those are.
>>
>>77393184
Well its not like he just had a shitty childhood, he was an obvious nonhuman who landed directly in a prison, and an an instinctual genius for building rayguns and devices of mayhem.
>>
>>77393222
I dunno, what was Hitler's upbringing like?
>>
>>77393249
If I remember right, he got laughed out of art school.
>>
desu I had a decent childhood and I'd still go supervillain.
>>
>>77393249
>Hitler
>villain
well memed
>>
File: e4ttgr.jpg (77 KB, 384x463) Image search: [Google]
e4ttgr.jpg
77 KB, 384x463
It's a cliche route, but outside of straight up psychopathy, a shitty childhood can explain a lot, and add sympathy. You sympathize/empathize with the inner child, but you want to blow away the monster with your .45.
>>
>>77393249

Shitty. Overbearing mother, abusive father, siblings all died.
>>
>>77393272
That wasn't when he was a child though was it, more like a teenager at least
>>
>>77393184
They can't all grow into bat men.
>>
Yes absolutely. It basically people that being a terrible person is OK if you have a chip on your shoulder about anything.
>>
There's that whole argument of nature vs. nurture.
What makes a person evil? In real life, everyone starts off fairly neutral. Regardless of their genes, people are influenced by the things they grow up with. It falls on the parents/caretakers to instill not just a sense of objective morality but the conscience to choose to do what is "good" instead of "evil".

Megamind wasn't even a villain so much as just horribly misguided.
>>
Is there an animated series where both the hero and the villain had shitty childhoods?
>>
>>77393462
Batman I guess
>>
>>77393184
If society treats you like shit, its natural that you will do the same
>>
>>77393341
That's everybody's childhood back then. That's not a good reason.
>>
File: x-men-logo.png (11 KB, 512x239) Image search: [Google]
x-men-logo.png
11 KB, 512x239
Did somebody say Heroes with shitty childhoods
>>
>>77393645
>That's not a good reason
Haha, wat? You realize just because no one had the muster to act doesn't serve as something against someone who does right?
The very idea that you can use an average from the majority to evaluate personal motivation is itself not good reasoning. That is literally the "if everyone jumped off a bridge" clause you're going with.
During WWI he was very aware of the conditioned norm of his country and peers, and didn't want to be like everyone else because he saw it benefited nothing to be docile.

The man became a power mad genocidal maniac, but I'm not going to act like he didn't have a "good reason" in his youth before the extremism to get fed up with taking shit to the face just because everyone else was doing it. If anything the belief held by observers not in Germany's position that what fell upon them is only natural is what fueled his contempt for the natural order. Do people intentionally fail to see the irony of how people like Hitler are made? They're made to feel insignificant when they're weak, told that's their lot in life, told when they start trying to fight back they're still in the wrong and then when they go nuclear due to an inferiority complex and inability to find compromise in a bias world it's completely out of left field!

It wasn't a good reason to go Full Reich, but the signs are clear and there was no good reason for everyone to actively shit on Germany just because they could yet that's rarely brought up because history and the future are dictated by the winners.

I wonder what reason could possibly compel people to discard any morals to win?
>>
>>77393462
Spider-Man and Doc Ock had similar upbringing.
>>
>>77393249
10 years as a homeless orphan in the streets of Vienna going from one small job to another. Then 4 years as a frontline messenger in WWI.
After that he made himself into the master of Europe.

Compared to Hitler, Tony Montana is a worthless NEET
>>
>>77393272
worst part is his art wasn't even that bad, he just had a shitty teacher who hated his art because he didn't do it in the french style that was popular at the time.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.