[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Encouraging Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: JLA.jpg (554 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
JLA.jpg
554 KB, 1280x1024
Which current or former member of the Justice League (other than Superman and The Flash) would you describe as the most encouraging? I mean literally walks over and gives a speech to try to motivate others when they are lacking confidence?
>>
OP here, maybe some backstory is necessary. I work with kids in an after school program where I try to teach them heroic values by using superheroes as examples. However I'm a casual, don't read comics and only watch the DCAU as well as all the current DC live action shows. I expect the above comments are enough to make the majority of /co/ absolutely refuse to help me, but I'm hoping there are some people on /co/ who are still genuinely kind and helpful. Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>77392567
What lesson are you teaching them when you are going to pretend you have knowledge when you do not?

Why do not simply use a character you do know? And if you do not know any, you have no business teaching those kids in the first place.
>>
>>77392059
>I mean literally walks over and gives a speech to try to motivate others when they are lacking confidence?

What in the films you watched made you think superheroes do this kind of stuff?
>>
Ares during Dark Reign status quo literally walks over and gives a speech to try to motivate others when they are lacking confidence.
>>
>>77392059
Why are you trying to teach these kids heroic values? Not that I disagree or anything, but what class or whatever is this part of? I'm just trying to get a better context of what you want.
>>
>>77392636
>Why do not simply use a character you do know? And if you do not know any, you have no business teaching those kids in the first place.

/thread
>>
Is Marvel off limits?
>>
File: tumblr_lndjavAEZB1qm06kjo1_1280.jpg (126 KB, 390x942) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lndjavAEZB1qm06kjo1_1280.jpg
126 KB, 390x942
>>
>>77392752
>>
File: wonderhug.jpg (2 MB, 1989x3060) Image search: [Google]
wonderhug.jpg
2 MB, 1989x3060
Wonder Woman is the most encouraging superhero. More so than either you listed. Its basically her power.
>>
>>77392636
How am I pretending to have knowledge? I'm trying to gain it. Any teacher can tell you continuing to learn and grow is a huge part of being a teacher.

I've already used the characters I do know too much and I need to branch out. I know plenty and morals and lessons I can teach children, I'm simply looking for examples to show them that they will show interest in.

Whether or not I possess an intimate knowledge of fictional characters is far, far from the determining factor of whether or not I should be "teaching those kids." Your logic is a joke. I suggest you keep your fingers stuffed tightly up your ass before posting an other negative and discouraging comment. The world doesn't need more of those.
>>
>>77392970
>he just pops a fucking pill
Oh my god I love this series so much
>>
>>77393192
>I'm trying to gain it

Nope

You would be too busy reading comics and doing legitimate research if that was true.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.