[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RAAAAPPPEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
This comic. I enjoyed it alot, but all I can find online is dumfucks going "waah it has rape scenes in it waah!"
It has not, for fuck's sake, you can't see shit, its only implied. Even if there was, so what? Its pretty fucking important to the story.

I'm sure there are comics out there that cover the subject much more graphically/Insulting.
>>
Wait, Furiosa got raped in the comic?
>>
So did you just make this thread to bitch or what?
>>
>>77387728
The wifes do
Furiosas rape was implied
>>
>>77387777
yes. Please bitch about it too now.
>>
>>77387799

Man, that's lame. One of the nice parts about Furiosa was her backstory didn't have any of that shit in it, at least what we saw in the movie.
>>
>>77387820
>Waah! Muh Bechdel Test cipher worked her way up in a murderous gang of psychos that rape and milk women and harvest irradiated children by keeping her head down! That totally ruins my headcannon of her gaining their trust by being super-awesome!

There, how's that?
>>
>>77387841
Rape was implied in the film too.

ALL decent looking women in the Citadel are implied to have been used in such away. The film just didn't dwell on that and didn't highlight it as something insurmountable that Furiosa had to blubber over.
>>
>>77387841
Really? I tought it was pretty obvious that she was one of Immortan's wifes once. The was she says "Remember me?" to Immortan Joe before killing him and also, why would Immortan allow a woman as a warrior?

Could be that she was not capable of bearing healthy babbies, but instead of ditching her Immortan kept her around as a warrior because she was a tough nut, or he liked her or something.
>>
>>77387841

It's just that one of the wives assumes Furiosa used to be one herself, and she doesn't answer.

The question is how an ex-wife would ever manage to become an Imperator since they were cast out from the Citadel if they failed to produce healthy heirs. OTOH given that she's good-looking and healthy, the only way Furiosa would have avoided becoming a wife is if that missing arm was mutated or something.
>>
>>77388004

I mean it was obvious the Wives were being raped, but I'm not sure Furiosa was implied to have been too.

>>77388008

>Could be that she was not capable of bearing healthy babbies

That's what I assumed, she was barren and Joe kept her around because she had warrior skills.
>>
>>77388063

The only way they would have found out about her being barren is by Joe spending a couple of years banging her. Medical testing for it is a tad more complex than testing for blood groups, it's unlikely the Organic Mechanic does that beforehand.
>>
>>77388004
> The film just didn't dwell on that and didn't highlight it as something insurmountable that Furiosa had to blubber over.

I really liked that about the movie. The comic does pretty much the same - sure, the rape is explored more, and there's some sulking about it, but it is moderate. There's no corny teary-eyed speeches or brutal, graphic shit. The wifes even make fun of the bad situation they're in once.
I hate rape scenes, but in this comic, it was handled tastefully.
That's why I was so surprised to see people losing their shit over it.
>>
>>77388106

Yeah, that's fair enough.
>>
Why you hate preserved food, OP?

Why?
>>
>>77388199
wait what
>>
>>77387964
9/10
Its probably why they are angry
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.