[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically, how expensive would comics have to be before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Hypothetically, how expensive would comics have to be before you stopped paying for them?
>>
> 3.99 for a single comic

Already at that point pham
>>
>>77384449
>>
$1
>>
>>77384449
>paying for comics
I already pay for an Internet connection.
>>
They need to drop to $1.99 with lower quality paper stock (not something to rival tpbs, let me pay more for higher quality reprints if I think the story's worth it) before I consider buying anything but deluxe editions again.

I'm more willing to pay 500% for an old comic to fill in a missing issue in a run than I am to buy a current comic with less value and less story to tell.
>>
I would only pay $5 an issue for even the best comic i've ever read
>>
>>77385759

for lesser known comics $1 should be standard though

>>77386821
>>
>>77384449
Depends. If prices on all comics were raised by a dollar today, I would probably drop about half of my pull list, but the rest I would keep buying because I feel they're actually worth it.

Even if they raised prices to like, 6 bucks an issue, I would end up dropping most things, but still picking up my top 3 favorite books.
>>
Bullshit. People will pirate anything that can be pirated. There is no principle behind it, and anyone who makes excuses about prices, or sticking it to the man is a hypocrite.
>>
>>77384449
I already stopped paying for single issues in the 90s when you were paying 3 bucks for part of a story. Just give me the whole fucking thing for that much and we'd be golden.

I mostly buy trades now.
>>
>>77387068
Would you download a car?
>>
>>77384449

For Marvel with that paper is already too expensive.
>>
>>77384449
>Paying for comics
The internet has been invented, grandpa
>>
Floppies have, for the most part been too expensive for a long time. Like I could afford them, but I refuse to pay $3.99 for a big 2 book that's like 20-ish pages of actual content, has ads, and is just generally a worse product than what I get out of a trade. Plus the way a lot of writers seem to be writing now lends itself better to reading as a larger package than month by month, anyway.

All I actually buy monthly are a couple indie books. I trade wait everything else. Especially Marvel and DC's stuff.
>>
>>77384449
$2. So they're already there.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.