[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>recycling comic strips to take advantage of current events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
>recycling comic strips to take advantage of current events
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
That was actually really funny
>>
>redrawing a shitty comic to make it look better

Is that really wrong? No one wants to be known for their more shitty works.
>>
I took it as a sort of commentary, like "same shit, better graphics". That's funny.
>>
I don't mind, this redraw looks a LOT better than the original.
>>
>>77381976
Now he needs to redraw it to accurately reflect FO4's graphics.
>>
>>77381864

Even the filename of the strip is making fun of it.
>>
OP obviously doesn't understand the most basic concepts of humour.
>>
>>77381976
Input switched over to PC as well
>>
File: SHUT IT DOWN.png (35 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
SHUT IT DOWN.png
35 KB, 400x360
Shut it all down.
>>
>>77381988
This. It's pretty swanky.
>>
>>77382028
I understand that telling the same joke twice is not funny
>>
>>77382108
Except it's not the same joke.
>>
>>77381864

He literally mentions that he did this because that single strip gets posted more than any other strip he's made. Yeah it's because of Fallout 4 that it's been recirculating. Yeah people like shitty reference humor that is basically WHAT IF VIDEO GAMES REAL LIFE?

What are you gonna do about it faggot?

Good job posting it again and drawing attention to it. Now go post a Kotaku article on /v/ or something.
>>
For reference, here's the original.
>>
>>77382159

Compare >>77382317 with >>77381864
It's literally the exact same joke - the exact same dialogue, frames and composition, just redrawn
>>
>>77383072
The actual joke is that Fallout 4 is just a prettier version of Fallout 3 and no actual substantial changes or innovations have been made.
>>
>>77383237

When has ronnie ever made a joke about a game being bad? It's not his style to be critical of things that aren't himself, you're reading too far into it
>>
>>77383072
The redrawn prettier graphics ARE the joke.
>>
>>77383941

Ronnie does not do meta humour like that, you're reaching
>>
>>77383909
And it's not his style to use the exact same joke for no reason at all
>>
>>77383909
Youre a fucking idiot
>>
>ronnie is one of the few webcomic artists who actually improve
who wouldve thought
>>
>Fallout taught me many important life skills. For example, if you break your leg, just take a nap! And when you want to move to a new home, just load everything you own into a severed human torso and carry that!
This alt text doesn't sound like it is aiming for a joke about improved graphics or art.
>>
>>77382317
I don't read Whomp but the joke is clear as day to me: every new Fallout is the same shit with slightly updated graphics. It's funny and clever.
>>
I'd imagine the joke is more along the lines of "same old ronnie"
>>
File: The_2de74d_2130342.jpg (59 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
The_2de74d_2130342.jpg
59 KB, 500x471
>>77385168

Pic related, you are the english teacher
>>
>>77381864
>>77382317
The new comic's 1st panel clearly added a "not this shit again" expression
>>
>>77385313
Although I sometimes FEEL like the picture is true, it's mostly wrong, and not only that, it cultivates a state of mind where people don't want to look into things.

Not to mention the example is awful, it needs context. The same sentence in a serious literary piece of work, and a second grader essay describing their room is different in what it conveys.
>>
>>77385313
You're acting as if I was making a huge effort to over-analyze the strip and find hidden meanings.

It's the same exact joke redrawn. Bethesda is infamous for recycling their shit over and over. 1+1
>>
>>77385631

Ronnie is not cynical about video games
he does not make comic strips criticising video games
He just wanted to redraw an old strip he did, there's no hidden agenda or secret message behind it
>>
>>77385313
>Student: I'm a lazy nigger, fuck your curtains, gibsmedat
>Teacher: Well actually they...
Your image is shit and you're a terrible poster for posting such tripe.
>>
>>77385647
>He just wanted to redraw an old strip he did, there's no hidden agenda or secret message behind it
But what I'm saying is that it's a very overt message.
>>
>>77385701

What you're suggesting isn't overt, it's subliminal because it is not something that he outright says in the comic itself nor the alt text. You are coming to that conclusion on your own accord, not because of something ronnie ever implied
>>
>>77385313
Why would an author randomly describe curtains if it wasn't significant to the story?
>>
File: 2013-04-17-Dark-Matters.jpg (186 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-17-Dark-Matters.jpg
186 KB, 900x582
>>77385647
>Ronnie is not cynical about video games
>he does not make comic strips criticising video games
>>
>>77385814

Because books are shit and since they don't have pictures the author needs to fill in insignificant details that let you picture the scene regardless of their significance to the story
>>
>>77385827

That's not a criticism of dark souls 2, that's a praise of dark souls 2
>>
>>77385865
he repeated the same joke beat for beat. Ok it's praise or whatever but he consciously decided to make an old joke into a running gag. The same applies to the fallout strip only it's not praise.
>>
>>77385924
>only it's not praise.

It's a joke about a thing that can happen in fallout, but that doesn't equate to it being mean spirited or with malicious intent
>>
>>77385935
didn't say it was criticism, just said it wasn't praise
>>
>>77385935
the fact it's something that happens in the game is already proof of bad design to begin with. redoing the strip while 4 is currently being exposed as a lazy bugged pile of rehashed garbage can't be that innocent.
>>
And don't even try to suggest arsenic. Do you know how many preservatives they put in that stuff? I don't need some future archaeologist digging up my perfectly preserved mega-body just to have them write their god dang dissertation about how well I could walk. Here's your summary, kid; ''Not dang well!''
>>
>>77385814
Some authors love embellishment for the sake of it (also for immersion). Symbolism happens consciously and even unconsciously but some times a cigar is just a cigar nigga
>>
File: kakakarrot kake.png (90 KB, 289x218) Image search: [Google]
kakakarrot kake.png
90 KB, 289x218
>>77385827

>Dark Souls 2 is on his ass
>Dark Souls 2 plays like ass

POETRY
>>
>>77385827
>dat shy blush

Oh Ronnie.
>>
>>77383237
Untrue.
They also copy pasted the mechanics of the most popular mods.
>>
>>77385321
now that I notice it is even funnier. It is little things like that, that tickle my sense of humor.
>>
>>77385730
Are you really saying that unless a joke is explained in full somewhere in the comic or the alt text it qualifies as subliminal?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.