[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone just clear this up for me. Is All-New All-Different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: all_new_all_different_marvel.png (783 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
all_new_all_different_marvel.png
783 KB, 1024x576
Can someone just clear this up for me. Is All-New All-Different Marvel doing a New52 where some things pre-reboot are canon or is everything pre-reboot canon to a degree? Or is it too early to tell?
>>
>>77380508
Isn't that kinda what Marvel always does?
>>
It's not a reboot. Everything pre Secret Wars is still canon, they just used the event to cull their overpacked multiverse and drag some of the characters from the dying worlds over to their main universe.
>>
>>77380651
ooh okay, so things like the new amazing spider-man is like set months after the event for example and 616 is still around?
>>
>>77380780
I think 8 months have passed since the end of Secret Wars.
Not sure if all titles follow that or not though.
>>
Marvel secretly reboots 2 times a year they just let people pretend their comics have a canon
>>
>>77380651
>to cull their overpacked multiverse
Because lord knows that if you leave those things alone, they'll grow uncontrollably
>>
>>77380842
oooh alright thanks, guess I'll have to wait until secret wars #8/9. i'm curious about how they introduce logan because if it's not a reboot how will they explain him being alive and old while the other x-men are young
>>
>>77380780
Yeah, all the books set after the event are set around eight months later in-universe.

616 is still the main universe. They're referring to it as Universe 8, but that seems to refer to this being the 8th iteration of the multiverse as a whole after everything was put back together at the end of Secret Wars.

>>77380950
The Logan that's there right now isn't 616 Logan. It's Old Man Logan from the comic of the same name. He's one of the universal refugees on 616.
>>
>>77380950
Old Man Logan is the Logan from Old Man Logan/Secret Wars: Old Man Logan.

He's not 616 Logan and is one of the many multiversal refugees hopping over to 616 during Secret Wars, alongside Miles, Bombshell, Maker, Red Wolf, Regent, and whoever else. Future Imperfect's Maestro is over in Contest of Champions.
>>
>>77380868
That's what I was alluding to.
Canon is pretty much what ever the new writer wants it to be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.