[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck's Popularity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: boon.png (83 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
boon.png
83 KB, 650x450
What was it that made Homestuck so incredibly popular and successful? It can't just have been shipping stuff, plenty of works have lots of ships.

Was it effort justification? People think its good because its so long and complicated?

Is it the most successful webcomic in history? Are there any other webcomics that used homestuck methods for success?
>>
There's a whole video about how its effort justification that makes people like it so much.

There is that whole thing about "keep reading it gets better" or "stick around till act 5" or whatever.
>>
File: 1vris.jpg (8 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1vris.jpg
8 KB, 234x215
Vriska is argue bait is why
>>
File: 1huss.gif (70 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1huss.gif
70 KB, 500x346
Hussie is a good writer but needs an editor
>>
>>77376421

I've been reading it for the past week

I understood what was going on up until act 6 even with all the time shenanigans, but now I don't really have a fucking clue what's happening, something to do with aliens, I don't even know

I'm still enjoying it though, roxy and dave and terezi are my favorite characters

there's a lot of good moments and some decent character development, so I think that's part of its appeal
>>
>>77376570
/thread
>>
>>77376570
This doesn't actually explain any of the why.

Homestuck was something else
>>
>>77376575
I decided to reread homestuck and it took me a whole fricken fortnight

Its waytoo long

Needs a good abridged version, saving all the important stuff into a concise version for people who actually have lives
>>
>>77376677
that's what the wikia is for
>>
>>77376575
as long as it is, it runs a lot better when you can read it sequentially. Hussie said he intended it to be read that way and people here hated act six when it was released bit by bit. All that's left is the ending, so you are catching up at the right time.

Go ahead and ask us if there's any questions. For all we claim to hate it, I guarantee some retard here knows it.
>>
apparently hussie decided it was the characters' relationships, as he's been doing hardly anything else.
>>
>>77376570
I'd argue the lack of editing was to Homestuck's benefit for the majority of the comic. It isn't until the later parts of Act 6 where it needed to be roped in.

>>77376677
Half of Homestuck's appeal is that its scope just spirals out of control into this massive amount of ridiculous, inscrutable bullshit. An abridged, concise version would make it a dull and poorly written melodrama.
>>
>>77376421
You live in a bubble no one cares about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.