[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming you were a parent in the Marvel universe with a mutant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: latest.jpg (31 KB, 950x334) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
31 KB, 950x334
Assuming you were a parent in the Marvel universe with a mutant child you didn't hate, would you send them to Xavier's/Jean's/who the fuck fuck ever's school for gifted youngsters given how kuch that place gets fucked with? All the sentinels, the child solider teams, ect? Or would you send them somewhere else like Scott or the brotherhood? Or just home school them?
>>
Homeschool. Considering how radically different powers can be, there's a good chance they'll be just as in-the-dark as I am about how they work.
>>
Assuming they can pass as human and their powers aren't too crazy, I don't see any reason to just send them to regular school, as long as they only practice their powers at home.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x557
>>77374609
>Trusting a teenager to not use superpowers at school
>>
God, no. I'd try and get the Fantastic Four to help my kid out, with the condition that they keep him or her far away from anything "X."
>>
Does Xavier's have a home-school course?

Honestly I'd talk to the kid about it. Xavier's apparently gives a top notch education despite the costumes and the racist robots, they might be willing to take the risk.

If my kid even talked about "Brotherhood" I've clearly made a huge mistake as a parent.
>>
Depends what power my kid has honestly. In time I can train him to control his powers and have a normal life but if it's something ridiculous I'd have to think about it. I'm sure SHIELD or the FF have some kinda institute that helps train kids to have a normal life. I mean Xavier's school is an institute and I assume there are other competing schools out there?
>>
>>77375332
There have been, usually led by supervillains. The Avengers sponsored a teen hero training academy for a while and then Arcade happened.
>>
>>77375272
gotta go with this.

In truth, I'd probably be kind of envious of my kid, doubly so since the X-gene is supposed to be from the father's side, isn't it?

I'd love to have some cool super powers in the marvel-verse, if only so I stop getting mugged by AIM agents on my way to work for spare borax and sodium.
>>
>>77374397
Sadly, I live in Canada, which is pretty much a hellish nightmare land in Marvel world, so my child would be ripped from my arms the moment the manifested any powers and then would spend years being tortured and experimented on and turned into a psychotic killing machine.
>>
>>77375813
I swear Canada needs to be redeemed in the marvel universe. Maybe the new prime minister turns out to be a mutant
>>
>>77374397
Probably the place with the most actual teachers and experience considering that's where they'd get the best control over their powers and probably be able to make some kind of friends or associates despite their nature? Probably yeah, but I'd insist on being on campus or allowed to visit as often as I can.
Not tolerating that just-go-away-and-let-your-kid-be-drama-fodder-for-this-arc bullshit.

I also know they have holidays where the kids can stay with their parents so I'd be doing a lot of that too.
>>
>>77375996
>but I'd insist on being on campus or allowed to visit as often as I can.
You do realize that you, as a non-powered and loving parent of a likely misunderstood and emotionally turbulent mutant teen, would most likely end up being caught up in the crossfire of some attack and die, to give the teen an emotional scene and propel them into their own arc for a bit, only to be cast aside when the writers change or, there is a company wide event, rendering your death and your kid's reaction to, and eventually coming to terms with it, entirely meaningless, right?
>>
File: 1351480611906.jpg (51 KB, 261x436) Image search: [Google]
1351480611906.jpg
51 KB, 261x436
>>77376169
>to give the teen an emotional scene and propel them into their own arc for a bit
Eh, at least I can Uncle Ben before things spin out of my control.
>With great power comes some weird obese writer obsessed with rubbing your face in the mud and propping up a villain as the real hero and a deal with mephisto and I'm not sure where this is going because honestly it doesn't really make sense but hey you're going to be on a lot of lunchboxes and get a few shows. One of them will get canceled early and the other will run on but be terrible. You know I'm dying and we'll probably both come back eventually so maybe you should just kill yourself too actually and save yourself some trouble.
>>
>>77375930
Well I'm pretty sure the last one was some kind of Mindless One.
>>
Depends on his powers. If he's telepath or anything in that vane, then he gotta get the fuck away from me.
>>
I'll probably just end up killing him like Wolverine always does.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.