[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /co/ think of tome? It's been over for a b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (11 KB, 89x142) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11 KB, 89x142
So what does /co/ think of tome?
It's been over for a bit now:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3cgzI1dnM
^Kirb's look back
I thought it was good
>>
>>77372725
>tome
I remember watching his long ass sprite series on newgrounds. Too bad /co/ will just say he's shit and this thread will die in favor of gwenpool
>>
The show was ok, harmless at worst.
BUT the ending was rushed and had a plot twist for the sake of having a plot twist.
That ending was just the nail in to coffin.
>>
It was pretty much an Abridge of his TTA series with all the same characters but written slightly different.

It was waaay too rushed in comparison to the original material, and while it had better writing than the source material, TTA still managed to cover more ground and felt more like an actual series in comparison to TOME.
>>
File: 4 years of visual arts.png (486 KB, 1250x181) Image search: [Google]
4 years of visual arts.png
486 KB, 1250x181
>>77372725
I don't like it.

It focused too much on the 'hacker's in the early episodes then didn't give them any screen time later on and shifted focus to some tournament or treasure hunt.
While making the first episodes of a series, it's important to not only establish characters but the world and what they are against, what are their goals and how they will do accomplish them. It can take time and sometimes the artist maybe wants to have a slow start and introduce everything first, but after watching 5 or 6 episodes it was still hard to determine the plot. The characters look generic, they obviously try to stand out from the rest in terms of design but end up looking like something you'd see on Deviantart and not pay any more attention too.
Animations are slightly below average and i could name a few people who've made a more noticeable improvement and progress in less time even though the creator went two years in animation school and 4 years in art school prior.

Tome doesn't need a reboot. I here want to give some pointers but if school failed to teach him, how would i?
>>
>>77372725
It's a fucking eyesore, the acting except of Martin and Kirb SUCKS ASS, the characters are flat and one-dimensional, the music is not even a standout from the Newgrounds sound portal, and it's the opposite of funny. This reminds when a band puts out a record DIY and it could've turned out 100x better if they got pro help on it, but instead it's flat and forgettable despite the mind behind it having potential.
>>
I wished we had more action shows on YouTube or newgrounds most animators are just wannabe comedians
>>
>>77375988
Its because American standards for animation is comedy.
>>
>>77376225
I would make an action animation but first I'll have to find voice actors who is willing to do for free or just settle for text
>>
>>77376940
I'd say settle for text. No one will work for free unless they're highschoolers with crappy microphones and no acting talent.
>>
>>77377097
Also get good in animation and find some audience
>>
>>77372725
The colors suck
>>
>>77378232
Don't get me started on that Monochromatic shit he pulled in the 2nd season. Shit was an eyesore.
>>
File: 2spookycomic.gif (2 MB, 700x701) Image search: [Google]
2spookycomic.gif
2 MB, 700x701
>>77372725
Concept was actually really good imo, but it was executed pretty poorly. It was still fun to watch.
>>
I abandoned the show after season 1. Can someone give me a recap what happened after?
>>
Any other shows like tome on newgrounds or YouTube
>>
>>77380248
Adaptation of the Path of the Netkings
Rushed adaptation of the D-Bug Org Infiltration Arc
Side characters no longer do anything anymore, the show focuses on the main 5
Monochromatic color schemes
Rushed conclusion with poorly placed plot twist.

All in all had the series ended at Season 1 I would have given it a 7.5-8/10 even with the semi cliffhanger ending. The 2nd season, although having some better writing, was brought down due to the poor pacing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.