[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /co/, which of these two was better Bounty Hunter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: boba and jango.jpg (132 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
boba and jango.jpg
132 KB, 1366x768
And yes, I'm aware I flipped the names in the image.
>>
Ask here: >>77367378
>>
>>77371760
It's a specifically Rebels thread tho...
Oh well.
>>
Jango died in battle and was chosen to be the spawning point of the Clone Troopers. Boba fell in a plant. Haven't read any of the comics or Expanded universe. Only seen movies and even that was a a while ago.
>>
Did Boba have a different set of armor or was it a repainted/upgraded Jango suit?
>>
>>77371885
By the books, it begins as Jango's set and paints it afterwards. Now? Who knows
>>
>>77372053
Interesting.
>>
>>77371849
the EU and books make it clear that Boba is literally the most badass soldier-man ever and could have killed Vader if he wanted to etc.

He totally escaped from the Sarlacc and went back to collecting bounties and being a silent badass

All this because Boba Fett is one of the most popular characters in Star Wars, due to his attractive design, leading Lucas and Co. to add his "origin story" into the prequels through Jango Fett.

In short, Jango Fett is a good Bounty Hunter for the sole purpose of making Boba Fett even more cool, so I have to give this one to Boba Fett. Whatever it is he did for all this fame, it's worked.
>>
>>77372145
So just because the guy has a somewhat cool looking helmet they decided to wank him and turn him into a mary sue? Thank God the EU/Books/etc were never top tier canon even in the first place.
>>
File: bobola.jpg (184 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
bobola.jpg
184 KB, 1600x1200
>>77371730
Haven't read any EU so maybe I can't give you the best answer. Jango definitely showed off better fighting abilities but the only bounty we see him on he gets somebody else to ineffectively try to kill padme. I guess he did get picked by Dooku to be the Clone template, so that must count for something. It was probably due to his fighting skills tho (he was a mandalorian right?), as he did go toe to toe with a few Jedi and kill one.

Boba on the other hand never really did anything in combat onscreen. I guess the cincher here is that he actually managed to outsmart Han and see through his trick (something an entire Star Destroyer didn't do).

So I guess Boba is the better tracker, but Jango was a better warrior? Depends what you think makes the bounty hunter I guess. Personally my vote goes to pic related, because bounty hunters are mainly about finding and bringing in people, killings more of an assassin thing. You never see Dog going around blowing people off balconies.

While the thread's here, were there ever any good Boba EU comics?
>>
>>77372219
>So just because the guy has a somewhat cool looking helmet they decided to wank him and turn him into a mary sue?
Not just dudes look at spider Gwen
>>
>>77372249
Technically, didn't Jango subcontract someone else to kill Padme? That and he did hold his own against Obi-Wan, the guy with the blaster took on the guy who is the master of fucking up people who use blasters.

REALLY has to count for something.

>>77372219
Unfortunately, at least a portion of it remains true as Lucas said the one thing that won't change in the new EU is Boba's survival of the Sarlacc pit, plus his appearance in Clone Wars.
>>
at least one thing is true, both are professionals who don't mire in petty emotions or bullshit revenge fetishes like all the Jedi and Sith shit.
>>
>>77372219
>So just because the guy has a somewhat cool looking helmet they decided to wank him and turn him into a mary sue?

Are you implying there's anything wrong with that? It is a really cool looking helmet, anon.
>>
>>77372982
Agreed. Aren't things like this the basis for most of our own greatest memes, anyway?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.