[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you see this image do you think classic Family Guy, modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 03.png (391 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
03.png
391 KB, 720x540
When you see this image do you think classic Family Guy, modern Family Guy or transitional Family Guy?
>>
I just try not to think about Family Guy.
>>
>>77369840
I've seen maybe 2 episodes of Family Guy in my entire life so I don't know the difference
>>
Yes! Excellent, excellent *cackles!*
>>
>>77369840
Someone actually followed Family Guy long enough to know the difference?
>>
>>77369840
Gee, this reminds me of the time I posted on /co/!
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 250x323
>tfw I'm usually in the living room on my laptop
>parents sometimes put on family guy
>eventually the go on their phones or something
>everyone too lazy to turn off the Apple TV
I've seen every episode of family guy that's on Netflix this way
>>
I can tell it's a pre-cancellation episode from the art
>>
>>77369840
It's the unaired episode about jews.

Even then you can tell its early seasons because the perspective in the background is fucked, the colors are muted and the lines are thinner and less sharp. The first season after cancellation looks a lot like this but the animation was smoother. Around season 6 they transitioned to better digital ink and paint and it all looked the same since.
>>
>>77370795
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a scene from the end of When You Wish Upon a Weinstein. Interesting tidbit of knowledge about this episode, it was the only episode to originally air on Adult Swim. Fox deemed it too low brow for them to air. Which, taking into consideration the decade of episodes following the show's revival, is quite surprising.
>>
>>77369840
Looks like the jew episode
I'm probably wrong though
>>
>>77369840
It's a classic Family Guy episode that didn't air until a year after the show got cancelled in 2002. So yeah, it's the last ever scene of classic Family Guy before it got revived and became transitional.
>>
>>77369972
there's a difference in art style between old family and modern family guy. You'd think /co/ of all boards would understand that
>>
>>77370886
That was an excuse, a Jewish exec at Fox killed it. They even showed the episode to a couple of Rabi's and they were like "Peter learns the lesson at the end" which in retrospect is even funnier, but he wouldn't change his mind. This was right before the cancellation anyways, so they had no bargaining position.
>>
>>77369840
That episode is one of the oldest of the old.
>>
I think of nuns beating people with yardsticks.

And >>77369952 too.
>>
I don't even watch FG, but anyone can tell that this is from before everything in animation was computer-sharp.
>>
Unless I'm mistaken When You Wish Upon a Weinstein was the last episode before it was cancelled, which means that yes, this is classic Family Guy, before it came back and turned into the heap of shit it is today. This episode had a single plot, not an A plot and a B plot, or for more modern family guy, an act one plot that relates to nothing that happens in the Act 2 and 3 plot, along with a B plot about the baby and the dog.
>>
Classic, because the characters are shaded appropriately for the dark, and there's not fucking soft shadows and gradients everywhere.
>>
>>77369972
I dont even care about Family Guy but faggots like you who act like everyones doing what you do need their hands crushed.
>>
I think Goanimate.
>>
>>77369840
It's the first transitional episode. The change felt so drastic even when I was a teenager.
>>
>>77373364
Explain further.
>>
>>77369840
No. Next question?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.