[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Obi-Wan&Hondo.jpg (19 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan&Hondo.jpg
19 KB, 500x451
"You got old, my friend" - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: Brothers of the Broken Horn:
https://mega.nz/#F!H8Ql1AgY!scRdNJTOLsx3aauMqis1fQ
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WSVB6eVdiZV82M00/view?usp=sharing

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oak3z_FeFs

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: ( /co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander ( /co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars: Rebels / TCW Soundtracks:
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/StarWarsRebels/
http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/CloneWars/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb842b2alua58tb/SWTCWS16.rar
http://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
File: Ahsoka6.png (302 KB, 752x1055) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka6.png
302 KB, 752x1055
>>
File: gathering_forces_7.jpg (31 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
gathering_forces_7.jpg
31 KB, 960x540
Second for Ezera turning evil.
>>
>not waiting until page 10
>>
>>77367397
>Lethan
>Jedi
Neat. Usually when I see a red twi'lek with the Force, they get shoehorned into being Sith scum.
>>
File: cAnonGuideVer2.04.png (4 MB, 2116x3144) Image search: [Google]
cAnonGuideVer2.04.png
4 MB, 2116x3144
Updated Canon Guide.

+Added the newly announced YA Series
+Added the Obi-Wan & Anakin Comic
+Minor fixes and Layout Changes
+Added text briefly explaining Battlefronts canonicity.

Currently working on the Timeline. At the request of a few anons, I am updating it so that the summaries are more in-depth. Will take a while.

The OP link to the guides has been updated too.
>>
>>77367474

>only canon video games are mobile shit

When are we getting a proper RPG

I'd give massive sums of money for a Clone Wars RPG made by Bioware.
>>
>>77367521
>Force Unleashed game where you play as Ahsoka after TCW
>>
>>77367521
Well I have some news for you anon, Bioware is currently working on an untitled Star Wars game. We don't know the Era though.
>>
>>77367521
KOTOR era Bioware I'd agree with but current Bioware... eh.
>>
>>77367521
Given their recent track record, I'd pay just as much to make sure they're nowhere near it.
>>
>>77367575
DAI wasn't that bad, just sort of underwhelming.
>>
>>77367558
Plus an Action/Adventure game by Visceral Games that's being called the "spiritual successor" to 1313, if that interests anybody.
>>
does ANYONE have Insider 161 or the short story Inbrief yet?
>>
>>77367661
That does sound interesting.
>>
>>77367716
Obviously not since no one has said so every time you ask.
>>
>>77367769
gotta keep asking until someone has it then
>>
>>77367521
How about another x-wing vs tie fighter? Will probably happen literally never.
>>
Sixes killed sheev
>>
>>77367862

Yeah, no one gives a fuck about flight sims these days, which is a fucking shame.
>>
File: VaderVsA-Wing.webm (609 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
VaderVsA-Wing.webm
609 KB, 640x360
>>77367862
>>77367892
"Fighter Squadron" mode in Dice's Battlefront. If you think you're getting anything beyond that, you are very sadly mistaken.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlWwFVVV0_s

>We're taking heavy fire!

Well no fucking shit, you're trespassing an imperial blockade.
>>
>>77367924
I wonder if the Imperials will win in this episode?
>>
>>77367950

It's getting pretty tiring.

Aside from Vader's onslaught in S2E1, the plot armor's been way too thick.
>>
File: star0.jpg (67 KB, 864x376) Image search: [Google]
star0.jpg
67 KB, 864x376
>>77367474
Why is Clone Wars not canon?
>>
>>77367995
Replaced by the better 3D version.
>>
>>77368021
Its not a contest, they compliment each other well.
>>
>>77368021
Do they conflict? I didn't watch either but I believe Tartakovsky can do no wrong.
>>
>>77367950
The Rebel victories are getting a little rediculous.

Aside from Kanan being captured in Season 1, and Vader wrecking shit in Siege of Lothal, the Empire has jobbed every single time.

I know WHY this is happening, but the writers need to try harder to make the Empire a genuine threat. The OT also suffered from this, the Empire only really feeling like a threat in Episode 5 because Hoth set them up to be a threat.

We need something on the scale of Hoth to remind us that the Ghost Crew aren't safe.

>>77367995
Because it contradicts Canon, and was way over-the-top in what the characters could do. (Windu taking on a field of Super Battle Droids bare handed, Greivous defeating a group of Jedi Masters, ect.)

A lot of the stories were replaced in the 3D Cartoon anyway, the Battle of Mon Calamari to name but one.
>>
>>77368045
Yeah they do

>>77368044
Not really. There's some cool stuff in the 2D one sure, and we see Anakin get knighted, but this is nothing that isn't going to happen in the new comics and books anyway.
>>
>>77367474
>Boba and Jango aren't Mandalorians

What? Is Sabine not one either?
>>
>>77367987
Yeah, definitely. I know the Imps aren't supposed to succeed overall, but they have to win a few skirmishes every now and again, at least once or twice. They have to be shown as a threat.
>>
>>77368046
> Greivous defeating a group of Jedi Masters

That will always be canon in my head. That episode is just too incredible.
>>
>>77368045
>but I believe Tartakovsky can do no wrong.
Problem identified
>>
>>77368075
Sabine is.

Jango is from Concord Dawn, and Boba is just his Clone son, born on Kamino. According to George Lucas and Dave Filoni, neither were ever intended to be Mandalorian. They just took Mandalorian armor. (Presumably after killing them)
>>
>>77368100
Incredible, but ridiculous. You see Greivous in Episode 3 and TCW, and he is good, sure, a bonafied Jedi Killer. But able to do what he did in the 2D cartoon? No fucking way.
>>
>>77368107
>Jango is from Concord Dawn
We got cannon confirmation on that?
>>
>>77368064
I'd rather watch Genddy's exciting cartoon than some decompressed marvel comic.
>>
>>77368075
What, no, Sabine is definitely Mandalorian. We're getting some Mando stories with Sabine in the forefront soon in Rebels.
>>
>>77368107
I thought Concord Dawn was a Mandalorian moon?
>>
>>77368046
>people still think Windu going ham like that actually literally happened
there's a reason the fucking kid was there
shit I would think 4chan of all places would know how implying works
>>
>>77368169
You're thinking of Concordia. Concord Dawn was always a frontier world on the fringes of Mandalorian space, only sometimes a part of the Mandalorian empire depending on how much they expanded at different points in history. By the time of TCW, the pacifists reduced Mandalorian territory to just their system, so Concord Dawn was just like any other Republic world at the time, only with a little Mando culture. Hence why Jango and Rako Hardeen seem very Mandoish and are fanboys for the culture.
>>
>>77368136
Yes, Ultimate Star Wars, starwars.com, ect.

>>77368169
Nope. That's Concordia. Concord Dawn has no association to Mandalore in Canon.

>>77368148
Then do so? Nobody is stopping you from watching that cartoon. Just saying it got replaced (and will continue to be replaced) by canon stories instead. Hell, I suspect that upcoming Obi-Wan/Anakin comic may even be the new story about Anakin getting Knighted.

>>77368206
There's a bunch more things that were ridiculous in that show. And your whole "kid retelling an exaggerated story" theory isn't explicit in the show at all. (although I like it, don't get me wrong)
>>
>>77368211
>By the time of TCW, the pacifists reduced Mandalorian territory to just their system, so Concord Dawn was just like any other Republic world at the time, only with a little Mando culture. Hence why Jango and Rako Hardeen seem very Mandoish and are fanboys for the culture

Huh, that's actually a really cool touch. I like that a lot. Keeps Death Watch kinda special too since they think themselves "true" Mandalorians.
>>
>>77368211
You explained it spot on.
>>
>>77368046

A good amount of the fights in the 3D series can be Tartakovsky tier. For example in "The Zillo Beast", Anakin just runs up the side of the titular monster like he were in some anime. And the lightsaber fights with Anakin can get very aerodynamic. This passes on even onto Star Wars Rebels with the Inquisitor and Kanan performing nigh-improbable acrobatic feats.

>>77368128

If there's one gripe about the new canon, its about General Grievous and sliding-scale of competence. He's supposedly this jedi killing machine, when he only just kills one in the entire cartoon. Then the new Kanan comic goes on to tell that he virtually destroyed a Jedi Master's army, but its never shown to us. And then the film only lets us see his lightsaber collection as evidence for his brutality.
>>
>>77368250
I don't recall there being anything as over-the-top as the Windu episode. One could argue Grievous schooling the masters but look at it this way. Up until now the Jedi of the clone era have done nothing but fight random criminal scum on occasion and fairly predictable battle droids. Then all of a sudden a reincarnation of Space Gilgamesh with an extremely unorthodox fighting style trained by canonically one of the greatest duelists in the known universe literally bursts through a hole in wall. You're not gonna be ready for that shit.
>>
File: Grievous_Battle_of_Bothawui.png (942 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Grievous_Battle_of_Bothawui.png
942 KB, 1920x816
>>77368269
Yeah, they handled Grievous with a lot of tell don't show, but I've grown to greatly prefer canon Grievous to epic Tartakovsky Grievous. He's such a nefarious loser, I love it.
>>
>>77368269

Exactly. I only admire Grievous because of his 2D TCW appearance. Everywhere else he's all bark no bite.
>>
>>77368315
Well, it looked like they tried to back up a bit in Season 2 when the Magnaguards backed him up more and Shaak Ti was ready for most of his tricks this time. Except for the four-arms thing.
>>
>>77368046
>Because it contradicts Canon
>>77368064
>Yeah they do

Okay, thanks guys.
>>
>Namir has a drunken chat with Han at Echo Base
>They talk about not being not being 100% committed to the cause (Rebellion)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvkarUF8xs
>>
>>77368340
That's how he works, and I kinda like it. He gets a bunch of kills in the early war because Jedi literally don't know how to react to a four-armed murder machine. He usually tries to get by more on element of surprise and sometimes being genuinely cunning than pure skill (even though he's still a marked competent fighter in his own right still being Space Gilgamesh and all).
>>
>>77368269
I agree about Greivous. We contantly get told how dangerous he is, but we're only shown twice. Once when he kills that Jedi, and once when he let the attack on Dathomir.

Oh, and if it means anything, he also defeats Vos in Dark Disciple, and Talzin in Son of Dathomir (while slaughtering dozens of Clones and holding his own against Maul)

We need a comic showing him in the first year of the war. We know he killed at least four Jedi there, we need to see it.

However I completely disagree about "the fights in the 3D series can be Tartakovsky tier.". TCW seemed to have a very focused and balanced view on the abilities and limitations of the Jedi, whereas the 2D series often had them jumping around like ninjas and acting like gods.

>>77368330
But Greivous's entire character comes from TCW/EP3 though. Even his damn accent!

All he was in the 2D cartoon was a near-mute flashy Jedi Killer. I mean, if that's your thing, sure, but that really was not Greivous at all.
>>
>>77368401
Yooooooooooooo......
>>
>>77368409
One thing I noticed is that Jedi tend to grow more badass by the moment when they're dueling each other. Like they start developing this focused Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon action buildup with other lightsaber wielding opponents. But against normal people in fistfights or shootouts, they fight with barely superhuman capabilities. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's neat if that's how it actually works - you get more powerful while channeling the Force with your opponent.
>>
>>77368250
>starwars.com
http://www.starwars.com/databank/concord-dawn

Doesnt say anything about Jango here. does anyone have proof?
>>
>>77367125

>I dont believe Anyone should have to pay for anyone elses education

Too bad. Might be te only actual instance where a rising tide DOES lift all boats.

If everyone in a society is smarter, the whole society benefits.

But that is because, unlike finance / economics, knowledge is an unlimited resource, so it is unnecessry to have to compete for it.
Of course, you wouldnt know that bsed on our over-privatized higher educational system, buuuuut....

Here, lets bring Star Wars in: privatized eduction is Naboo under the Trade Federation, but before the invasion, and what education should be is a combintion of the Jedi order / younglings and Tattoine moisture farmers (education not contingent on ability to pay, free for all in a vast space to accumulte as much s you can / wnt with no central governing body-– except more like Jedi order because education is not scarce like moisture)
>>
>>77367661
What else has Visceral done?
>>
>>77368409
>a near-mute flashy Jedi Killer

And that's what made him cool. He was vicious, you actual feared for the Jedi.

That chase sequence with Shaak Ti is simply amazing.
>>
>>77368211
As someone who loved Haden Blackman's Jango Fett: Open Seasons comic, this is an explanation I love.

Even in that now-legends comic, Concord Dawn wasn't portrayed as a highly militarized Mandalorian planet, anyway. The Mandalorians just happened to be there when Jango was a child and he was adopted by them.

I'm holding out that hopefully they change their minds and make Boba and Jango canonically Mando again, but in all honesty I'd be fine if they didn't.

I'm of the mind that ultimately it doesn't matter or affect the greater Star Wars continuity/universe if Boba or Jango are or are not Mando. Either way it affect nothing.
>>
>>77368596
Dead Space and Battlefield Hardline I believe.
>>
A long time ago, I read about the early development stages of The Clone Wars cartoon. I believe it came from one of the art books, but Dave Filoni talked about what it would have been about. Here's what I remember:

>The cartoon would have focused on Ahsoka and Plo-Koon, and their adventures during the war.
>Other non-force users would be on the ship with them.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan were only going to be guest characters that showed occasionally.
>Clones would be around, but probably little to no episodes based or centered around them.

I remember this, and when Rebels came out, it definitely seems like the show Dave originally planned for years ago.
>>
>>77368571
Not a source exactly, but Rako Hardeen uses Ralph McQuarrie style Boba concept armor, and comes from Concord Dawn, which was supposed to be a reference to Jango Fett for obvious reasons.

>>77368614
My favourite scene from that show in fact, but again, that character is simply not Greivous in anything but name. Do you see what I am saying? They're completely different characters.
>>
>>77368648

Thank god we got what we ended up with.

Much, much better than a show focused on specific characters.
TCW feels much more like an anthology, like the old DH comics, than a strict cartoon series, and that is how I prefer.
>>
>>77368648
Rebels very much feels like the show Dave always wanted to do, which is odd because TCW is the one that is widely praised by fans and probably what he will be remembered for most of all, unless Rebels seriously picks up.
>>
File: Grievous.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Grievous.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>77368614
Eh, doesn't do it for me anymore. I need my Grievous to cough and wheeze while hatching sinister schemes doomed to fail and letting his droids soften his victims up for him while he twirls his mustache.
>>
>>77368595
Look mate, we had /soc/ last thread. This isn't the place to discuss this, this is for Star Wars. This is a new thread, lets not bring in the old.
>>
>>77368706
The problem I have with dastardly Greivous is that he looks far too fucking cool and badass.
>>
>>77368648
It works better this way. The OT was about a bunch of misfits going on adventures bumping into these near mythological people.

The PT centred around the mythological people and events of the Clone Wars.

Rebels and The Clone Wars fit with each of their respective trilogies.
>>
>>77368642
Neither of those is exactly an action/adventure game. I was hoping they'd be the Uncharted guys or something. Dead Space was fun I guess.
>>
>>77368723
>problem
wait, that sounds like a good thing
>>
>>77368738
It just doesn't fit his character.

He looks like the monstrous Jedi killer of Genndywar but acts like a moustache twirling villain.

It confuses and angers me.
>>
>>77368596
Written by the Soul Reaver lady, I should point out.
>>
File: babe fett.jpg (441 KB, 578x825) Image search: [Google]
babe fett.jpg
441 KB, 578x825
>>77368723
>losers with badass designs
a time-honored Star Wars tradition.
>>
>>77367661
Is that the one being helmet by the lead designer/writer of Uncharted 2?
>>
>>77368765
Control your feelings, Anon. It is not becoming of a Jedi to be filled with hate
>>
>>77368833
yup
>>
>>77368811
Why is Boba so popular again? He didn't seem to do much besides run away and die (?) Was it just the design?
>>
>>77368925
Design, his interactions with Vader and the whole "no disintergrations" bit.
>>
>>77368925
Pretty much. Kid had a cool design
>>
>>77368925
Just the design.
>>
>>77368784
Is that...good? I remember when that came out, my cousin had it. I had no idea what the hell the plot was about since I came into it in the middle but it certainly *looked* cool.
>>
File: TFA First Order.jpg (81 KB, 534x831) Image search: [Google]
TFA First Order.jpg
81 KB, 534x831
You know /co/, I'm going to miss these threads. It'll be all hell breaking loose when The Force Awakens finally gets into theaters.
>>
>>77369010
If you don't understand it, it was 2deep4u. It really was
>>
>>77368765
He's both, and arguably it works better. Lucas likely never intended for Grievous to actually stand up to Jedi 1 to 1. In fact given he didn't even want cortosis blades and the like to block lightsabers because he wanted lightsabers to remain visually distinct (in other words he didn't argue such swords do not exist, he just didn't want them represented in visual media outside of the games; he was fine with other saber blocking weapons).

The thing is past Grievous' first Genndy curb stomp battle they actually toned him down a tad. Dooku emphasized where he was lacking and stressed his tactics have to be about compromising the Jedi before he confronts. In other words there was never supposed to be a "mundane" way to become the equal or even greater than a Force user even using cybernetics. Lucas certainly had no problem with Jedi running into obstacles they couldn't easily overcome even with the Force, like Droideka shields, but with Grievous it was always about "cheating". It's built right into him with his four arms, his enhanced strength and multitude of other onboard gadgets. And, of course, utilizing droids to soften his targets up first. Even in his first appearance Grievous only showed up in person after the droid army had overwhelmed the Jedi's clone forces and hounded them relentlessly, leaving them physically exhausted, wounded, and under great mental and emotional strain.
>>
>>77369023
Yep. This place has already been victim to more shitposting as of late. TFA is going to turn this thread into a warzone.
>>
>>77369060
Still better than /tv/

That place currently looks like someone decided to nuke the world's largest shit hole.
>>
>>77369139
>>77369060
Yeah I think once TFA hits I'll be avoiding this thread and the /tg/ one for a while. The /tv/ crowd is going to be everywhere, not to mention other anons whipped into emotional frenzy just in general.
>>
File: You'll regret that.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
You'll regret that.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>77368409
>We contantly get told how dangerous he is, but we're only shown twice.

Sorry what
>>
>>77369188
If it's one thing I loved in Genddywars the most it was how Greivous used his feet for combat
It's bad enough he had four arms, but now he has six
>>
>>77369165
I'm going to stop coming here about a week before it drops. Doubt I will be back until after January.
>>
>>77369165
I'll probably avoid the threads mainly to avoid spoilers
Then come back with a cup of hot cocoa to watch the chaos
>>
>>77369213
BUT WE JUS GOT TO KNOW EACH OTHER

WE JUST BEGAN THE COALITION OF CALIFORNIA AND TENNESSEE SOCIALISTS

OR CO-CATS
>>
>>77369188
I always love that one Magna Guard just swinging his staff around.

>swoosh swoosh I'm a Jedi!
>>
>>77369238
This.
>>
>>77368940
>>77368952
>>77368966
So he's the Spider-Gwen of Star Wars?
>>
Speaking of Boba, do you guys think he'll come back or he dead for real this time?
>>
>>77369412
He'll come back. EZMoney. But dead before TFA for sure.

Either that, or they're going with the idea that Boba is dead, but a different Bounty Hunter is going to take his armor, which thanks to Aftermath, is starting to sound likely.
>>
File: Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg (30 KB, 747x389) Image search: [Google]
Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg
30 KB, 747x389
Here is an old concept art of Supreme Leader Snoke released by Indie Revolver and it fits MSW's description perfectly.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/07/concept-star-wars-the-force-awakens-supreme-leader-snoke/

But remember: This is just concept art, so the real Supreme Leader will probably look completely different just like Kylo Ren who was supposed to be a cyborg back then.
>>
>>77369475
Here is the article: http://indierevolver.com/2015/11/10/ir-exclusive-an-early-version-of-supreme-leader-snoke-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
>>
>>77369441
>Takes his armour
>Star calling himself Boba Fett
>"B-But it's not Fett, you guys! It's a totally different character!"
I see a second Arkham Knight in the future
>>
>>77369475
That's really silly.
>>
>>77369475
snek, but no snektit. Disappointing.
>>
>>77369489
>>77369475
So they really are going for a snake-man/Voldemort motherfucker, huh?

I think it's too on-the-nose, but at the same time I kinda' like it.
>>
>>77369475
>Supreme Leader Snoke
>Snoke
>He's a Snake

Poetry
>>
>>77369475
>No snektits
Who wants to bet every time Snoke speaks there's going to be rolling S'
>>
>>77369544
Well obviously. He is a snek. I'd actually be more upset if they didn't go with the hissing.
>>
>>77369544
Who wants to bet that a different alien race was chosen and he won't be a snake?
>>
>>77369188

I agree, Grievous had plenty of cool scenes in TCW.
>>
Do you think Snoke and Sheev knew each other?
>>
>>77369614
YESZ HE KNEW SNOKE AS plagueis
LOOOOOOOOOL XD
>>
>>77369565
>>77369614
>They change Snoke's race to a Muun
>Yfw
>>
>>77369639
>yfw theres no canonical evidence to suggest Plaguise is still a Muun
>>
>>77369633
>>77369639
Fuck off, both of you
>>
>>77369671
>makes fun of Plagueisposters
>still gets told to fuck off
Man...
>>
>>77369023
Hmm, Kylo's mask looks a lot better form the side than from the front.
>>
File: bestboba_zps6ddadeef.png (587 KB, 1000x584) Image search: [Google]
bestboba_zps6ddadeef.png
587 KB, 1000x584
>he plays as a Boba Fett wannabe in TOR
>>
Oh, and just in case you haven't seen the short Finn vs Kylo-teaser: We've already heard Snoke's voice and it's different than in the first teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfePC_WGLX4
>>
>>77369475
Ronaldo Fryman: Didn't I told you! It's the Sneeple all along!

Keep Beach City Weird.
>>
>>77368925
He was wierdlky hyped up before his appearance in the films. Descriptioions made him seem like he was going to be far more important than he actually was. He was also in the animated segment of the Christmas special, and seemed pretty badass.
>>
>>77369860
Oh man thats lame
>>
>>77369885
I can't escape you people, can I
>>
>>77369475
There was also a rumor that Snoke looks zombie-like and Serkis himself said that his character "has been through some stuff". Maybe the final design of Snoke looks like a dead zombie-reptilian in a black kimono or something like that?
>>
File: 1437026578738.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1437026578738.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>77369475
That's stupid.
>>
Huh. These unfinished episodes are actually really good.

Animation is a lot better than I was expecting as well.
>>
>>77370062
Don't worry, I don't intend to go on with this, but when I heard of an evil villain space leader with a snakes head, it was the first I must thought of.

I hope he looks different though.
>>
File: 1447034666369.png (181 KB, 483x463) Image search: [Google]
1447034666369.png
181 KB, 483x463
>>77369475
I think that unused concept art that got turned into Fifth Brother is closer to what Snoke will look like.
>>
>>77370147
>>77370198
Don't worry. This is early concept art of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker and yes, Luke was supposed to be a girl at one point.
>>
>>77370224
I'm just glad Serkis is paying him, so even if Kylo's a let down Snoke is likely to work well.
>>
>>77370224
The unused concept art you're referring to was most likely for one of the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>77370268
This gives me flashbacks to Snake and Meryl for some reason. I guess in thumbnail form it looks like two people in MGS sneaking suits to me.
>>
>>77370268
I thought the bearded guy was supposed to be Luke as a former Jedi General and Han was a lizard man.
>>
>>77370268
>>77370398
no that's kane starkiller, father of annikin and deak

general luke skywalker looked similar but he had white hair
>>
>>77370268
That dude looks like George Lucas with a weird wig.
>>
>>77370779
Yeah Lucas' early drafts were a bit more self-inserty. He wisely opted to town it down.
>>
>>77369860

Good thing my Jedi Consular's a Miraluka.
>>
So, what other Jedi may still show up in Rebels?
>>
>>77370993
Shaak-Ti.
Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I hope neither of them do though.
>>
File: SECRETS REVEALED.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
SECRETS REVEALED.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>77370993
Plo-Koon
>>
>>77370993
Shaak Ti is the only one that has any evidence of a possible appearance. Obi-Wan and Yoda have had their cameos, I doubt they're getting another.
>>
>>77370993
Depends on who survived the initial purge and hasn't been hunted down by Vader yet. Don't think Yoda or Obi-Wan will show up, in person at least, though.
>>
I'm rewatching Clone Wars after getting up to date with Rebels, and jesus fucking christ.

The animation in TCW is so much better it's not even funny. I feel like this one is going to take a long time to feel dated, it's just so fluid you forget it's 3D.
>>
>>77371022
I was hoping that would have the little pilot chutes from Legend of Korra badly shooped in.
>>
>>77370993
Vos
>>
>>77369165
>/tg/

Good place to take refuge. /vg/ as well. Other boards have off-topic Star Wars threads like /k/. They're very decent.
>>
>yfw Kyle is re-canonized as a woman
>>
>>77371374
Beard and all.
>>
>>77371022
>get an episode about Plo surviving
>Ashoka joins them to track him down
>prepare for a joyous reuinion
>arrive just in time to see Vader cut him down
>>
>>77371022

Only Admiral Trench could have survived that.
>>
>>77371374

I don't even know what I would do if Kyle were to appear in Rebels.
>>
File: 1446877850697.png (230 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1446877850697.png
230 KB, 500x378
>>77371571
>mfw Luke offhandedly mentions one of his early students parting ways before the massacre in Ep 8
>>
>>77369660
Since the new canon is so afraid of deviating from the former canon, it's a guarantee that he's still a Muun.
>>
>>77368925
He had a cool design and his action figures sold really well, so they figured people really like him and pushed him in the marketing to take advantage of his popularity. So he kept getting more and more popular.
>>
>>77371702
There's no need to change a lot of the broad strokes pre-The Phantom Menace. Things like Darth Plagueis still works besides a few inconsistencies.

The real stupidity lies in the timeline, not the series of events.

Disney have the ability to redefine the events into a more coherent timeline. This is what they should do for pre-The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>77367474
isn't Twilight Company out now?
>>
>>77371890
aw shit you're right. I forgot because I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and somehow forgot it was already available. Will update that.
>>
File: 1447193738377.jpg (66 KB, 632x719) Image search: [Google]
1447193738377.jpg
66 KB, 632x719
based boyega
>>
>>77371571
I'd probably come in my pants and have a grin stuck on my face for the next week or so.

>>77371639
>mfw They have to find Kyle in Episode 7 so he can help rebuild the Jedi Order.
>mfw Kyle's first appearance in the film is saving the heroes from certain doom
>mfw Kyle becomes a mentor character for the new main characters (I forget their names)
>mfw this is the first time I've used "mfw" on 4Chan because I've never found an appropriate time to do so.
>>
>>77369861

>le Finn isn't force sensitive
>>
>>77371374
>>77371571
Rebels would be too early for Kyle.
Fioli seemed to have a soft spot for the Republic Commando game.
Let's keep our fingers crossed he felt the same way about JK. Mabye we'll see Morgan Katarn or something.
>>
File: 1447191876209.jpg (72 KB, 599x745) Image search: [Google]
1447191876209.jpg
72 KB, 599x745
>>
>>77372019

I hope we get some republic commando stuff in the nucanon.

We're sorely lacking military stuff right now.
>>
>>77371986
How can people seriously hate that guy? Boyega is one of us. https://instagram.com/p/91ZuGkMCjp/
>>
File: 1344827683091.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1344827683091.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>Watching TCW
>It's a Padme ep
>>
>>77372071
>I hope we get some republic commando stuff in the nucanon.
They're in the Clone Wars so they are already in there. I want to see Kyle make a comeback.
Hell, they could do a 80s action movie romp set in the Star Wars universe starring Kyle. I'd love that.
>>
>>77372075
>yfw Kylo Ren is just Finn in whiteface and the whole thing is about a Jekyll and Hyde situation
>>
>>77372075
Haters gonna hate.
>>
Maz's destoryed castle in the background.
>>
>>77372071
I do too. Delta Squad or Omega squad appearing in Rebels would be awesome

>>77372113
I like this idea. I want to see this made.
>>
>>77372231
>Delta Squad or Omega squad appearing in Rebels would be awesome

I'd rather see them in action; get a new game or a new novel.
>>
>>77372231
>>77372113
Did ya'll forger Gregor is one too?
>>
>>77372158

He's way cooler than Rey, both the actor and the character.
>>
>>77368615

Well in the old-EU Boba didn't becoem an actual Mandalorian until just before the Vong war, when Shysa made him Mandalore as a dying wish. And even then Boba acted as Mandalore because he felt obligated to, he didn't take much of an interest in actual Mando culture until he met his granddaughter and some of his troops pushed him a bit.

I do miss Jango being Mandalorian because, like you said, that comic was fantastic.
>>
A lot of people complain about the "death of the EU", but I don't mind having two canons, really.

I'm more than used to stuff like this, with Marvel always pulling retcons and DC rebooting their universe twice already.

I actually think it's pretty incredible how Star Wars managed to keep a single canon for so long. The comics, the games, the films, the novels, everything was canon, and it was about to burst.
>>
>>77372284
Gregor died.
>>
>>77372422
He did not. He was with Rex in the clone trooper two parter of this season of Rebels.
>>
File: Gregor Madness.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gregor Madness.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>77372284
>>77372422
He's a bit, well...you decide if he's fit for duty.
>>
Thrawn trilogy: Should I read the novels, or the comics?

I got the first book as a gift, and I've read a couple of chapters. It's really interesting, but I heard some people telling me the comics are even better.
>>
File: what's going on guys?.jpg (41 KB, 311x481) Image search: [Google]
what's going on guys?.jpg
41 KB, 311x481
>>77372422
He somehow survived.
>>77372442
just missing a few screws is all. Still handy with that missile launcher.
>>
>>77372434
>>77372442
That's not Gregor.

Just some other clone who claimed to be him to get in good with Wolfe and Rex.
>>
File: disasters avoided.gif (13 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
disasters avoided.gif
13 KB, 600x450
>>77371986

Concept art had Finn as white.

TFA already has Lupita N'yongo and Oscar Isaac, they've filled any sort of quota they might have had.

So Boyega was probably cast on merit, not race.
>>
>>77372469
I finally saw Attack the Block, he seems pretty good. I still know fuck all about Ridley, but even if she sucks she has Boyega and Isaacs to carry her.
>>
>>77371986

>profile pic

it's literally /v/.
>>
>>77372071

While Delta Squad does appear in TCW and Gregor is also a commando, Dave Filoni suggested at Celebration Anaheim that Lucas probably wouldn't have done a Delta Squad arc but that the Bad Batch arc was deliberately pretty Republic-Commando-ish.

We could get TCW novels or comics with more Bad Batch stuff. Would that fill the gap for you?
>>
>>77372442

My god, the animation in Rebels makes me angry.
>>
>>77372526
No, the models make you angry. The animation is as smooth as late seasons of TCW for the most part. Learn the difference, it could save a life! But probably won't.

That was a pretty janky animation too though, I guess.
>>
>>77372469
>dreamworks face
Kaz, why?
>>
>>77372558
>The animation is as smooth as late seasons of TCW

It really isn't. Go back and watch the last few arcs of TCW, it's way smoother with much more subtle details.
>>
File: clvrgrl.jpg (23 KB, 281x392) Image search: [Google]
clvrgrl.jpg
23 KB, 281x392
>>77368021
>better 3D version.
>>
Is there anymore Clone Wars Legacy planned to come out?
I really want to see the end of the Mando civil war and Maul's fate, the rise and fall of Hondo, Ahsoka's adventures after the Jedi Order, Cad Bane's last hunt, and whatever else happened around those times
>>
>>77372455
The books are better.
>>
>>77372256
I'd like this as well but I also want to see then in Rebels or something.

>>77372284
Nope, I just want more Republic Commandos.
>>
>>77372648
I was just watching some of season 3 and it is similar. I'll admit that seasons 5 and 6 do a lot better subtle work though by far. For the second season of a show, having the model manipulations be on par with the part of TCW when it really got great isn't a bad thing.

I hope Rebels lasts to season 4 at least, I want to see if it can beat that final stretch of really good TCW stuff. If at least in animation, since I doubt they'll ever have the budget to beat the art and lighting.
>>
File: Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg (78 KB, 1135x939) Image search: [Google]
Supreme Leader Snoke.jpg
78 KB, 1135x939
>>77369475
So, how powerful is he?
>>
>>77372662
I'm guessing you're going to have to wait for a while for all those holes to be filled because they'll probably release a lot of stuff set right before and in the TFA era after the movie comes out.
>>
File: Thulsa Doom.jpg (30 KB, 360x287) Image search: [Google]
Thulsa Doom.jpg
30 KB, 360x287
>>77372733
About on par with Vader, I imagine. Even sounds like him.
>>
>>77367995

Because the canon purge got rid of anything George Lucas wasn't significantly involved in.

He was significantly involved in the six films of the main saga and The Clone Wars.

He wasn't very heavily involved in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars show.

The two shows also have minor conflicts with one another anyway, and the point of making the new canon was to avoid retcons going forward, so one of them had to go, and they sure as hell weren't cutting TCW loose.

Something not being canon is not a statement about its quality in the slightest. Canonicity has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with "does it fit in the timeline?" The Lucasfilm Story Group decided that, going forward, the answer would be "no" for most stuff in order to give Disney a blank slate to build off of.
>>
>>77372695
>I want to see if it can beat that final stretch of really good TCW stuff

I don't know why, but something deep down tells me not to get too hyped.

TCW showed that it could do great things even early on, with some of the S1 arcs being pretty damn good. I just didn't get that with Rebels yet.
It's a fun show, but that's it. It hasn't pulled me in like TCW did.
>>
File: plagueissmug.png (254 KB, 400x516) Image search: [Google]
plagueissmug.png
254 KB, 400x516
>>77369475
Luckily they decided to make Snoke just a moniker for Darth Plagueis. Can't wait to see him in TFA
>>
>>77372733

this is snok
>>
>>77372767
I imagine Snoke being like a monster created by the dark side of the force. There are many possibilities for his character and almost anything would be more interesting to me than just bringing back the Sith.
>>
>>77372843
>>77369475
>>77372733
Please, it's gonna be Jar Jar.
>>
File: I see what you did there.jpg (76 KB, 475x539) Image search: [Google]
I see what you did there.jpg
76 KB, 475x539
>>77372767
>>
>>77367521
Just imagine if instead of Uprising we had a proper Hack'n Slash with a deeper loot system and skill tree set in The Star Wars Universe. The Clone War would have been a perfect settings for the clone wars, you could use the Force as an excuse for (mostly) whatever power you want, fuckton of planets, fuckton of different ennemy (you can easily add aliens to the already many types of CSI droids) and a damn good excuse slaughtering hundreds of ennemies and having tons of different mission.

ONe day maybe, the right people will have the right idea and please a sucker for both Hack'n Slash and Star Wars.
>>
>>77372879

Yeah, if they'd pulled in resources and went with a PC hack n' slash instead of a mobile game, I'd be all over that.
>>
File: plagueis.jpg (29 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
plagueis.jpg
29 KB, 400x566
>>77372864
le ebin plebbit theory
no.

DAILY REMINDER they avoided questions about Darth Plagueis at the Comic-con panel.
Daily reminder Concept art showed Plagueis on the snow-planet.
DAILY REMINDER Sheev the peeve DIDN'T kill Plagueis, he was never strong enough.

THE TRUE LORD OF THE SITH WILL RETURN
>>
>>77371022
Order 66 is such a kick in the balls
>>
>>77372372
>77371571

The problem is the huge overhauls in what it means to be Mandalorian that happened between the EU stuff, the official Lucas version in TCW and now NuCanon. I don't think you can really salvage Jango being a Mando without breaking something.
>>
>>77372469
>Concept art had Finn as white

Please show this concept art
>>
>>77373025

Don't ever watch Episode III right after finishing TCW.

Seriously, I couldn't handle it, cried like a bitch.
>>
>>77372469
>Concept art had Finn as white.
If I remember correctly, concept art had his body in shadow so you couldn't tell his race. It's not like it matters though
>>
>>77373048
>cried like a bitch
>like
You sure you aren't a bitch?
>>
>>77372767
>>77372733

Will it be the riddle of Durasteel?
>>
>>77373048

>be me
>13 years old
>loved Attack of the Clones
>Gendy's CW was my favorite thing ever
>read all the DH comics
>Episode III comes out
>"Oh fuck yes, all my favorite Jedi are finally getting some screen ti-"
>"oh no"
>"oH NO"
>>
File: Kylo Ren concept.jpg (74 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren concept.jpg
74 KB, 960x638
>>77372959
>DAILY REMINDER they avoided questions about Darth Plagueis at the Comic-con panel.

Lawrence Kasdan probably doesn't even know who Darth Plagueis is and didn't understand what that nerd was talking about. Either that or he was making fun of him for asking this.

>Daily reminder Concept art showed Plagueis on the snow-planet.

That was actually concept art of Kylo Ren fighting Finn and Rey on Starkiller Base.
>>
>>77373129
Proto-Rey's a qt
>>
>>77368733
I have nothing against the Uncharted Series but it just feels "bland", I would rather the team takes some risks, we already have three very "safe" games with Uprising, Battlefront and Commander. Of course I'm only talking gameplay wise, I'm sure 1313's story would have been great but what we had seen of the gameplay left me unimpressed.
>>
>>77372061
Man Nike shoes sure are getting weird looking.
>>
>>77373196
I chuckled.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29 KB, 314x263) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29 KB, 314x263
>>77373124
>Watching Kit Fisto get cut down like a bitch after GendyWars
>>
File: It's Treason.jpg (106 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
It's Treason.jpg
106 KB, 685x600
>>77373276
At least he lasted a few nanoseconds than the other two treasonous scrubs.
>>
>>77373299
>not ARROOOOOOOUUGGHH!
>>
>>77373276

>the Aayla and Ki-Adi scenes

Bitch tears forever.
>>
>>77373276

Ki-Adi-Mundi, you big headed fuck, I adored you ;_;
>>
File: Well?.jpg (114 KB, 1400x815) Image search: [Google]
Well?.jpg
114 KB, 1400x815
>>77373335
Carson put on the perfect face for that. Mundi turns around and you just see on his face "uh, clones? Something you want to tell me?"
>>
>>77373129
>w-what did you say? Darth v-vegas? h-hah I don't know who that is s-sorry. WE DON'T DISCUSS STORY ELEMENTS ON THIS PANEL SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>77373413

Carson is amazing as Ki-Adi in general. He was quite young when they did TPM but he still gives him the movements and voice of an old, venerable man. It's a shame he never gets to do anything in the movies and very little screen time in TCW. Which surprised me, really.
>>
>>77373470
I remember reading his comic back before TPM came out. That was hype as fuck at the time.
>>
>>77373504

The one with his daughter and the alien-parasite things? That was pretty cool.
>>
>>77373504
>before tpm
holy sheev dog, you're old!
>>
>>77372366

What? You know literally nothing about the character.
>>
>>77373504
>>77373529

Yeah he had a lot of roles in the early prequel comics because they were pretty much forbidden from doing anything with Yoda, Qui-Gonn, Obi or Mace, so they looked around.

>So uh, there's these other 10 people on the jedi council, what if we make some stuff with them?

That's why Quinlan Vos became a protagonist as well and why they did a bunch of stuff with Shaak Ti.
>>
>>77373593

Wut, he's probably like late 20s, just like a lot of people on /co/.
>>
>>77373607
I already bought his toy :^)
>>
>>77373621
Vos was an original creation actually, same as Aayla, Lucas just liked them well enough to use them.
>>
>>77373129

I still can't believe that some people think any EU characters will make it into the movie.

Or that the main big bad will be a CGI alien.

Seriously guys, it's intentional disinformation.
>>
>>77373666

Pretty sure Vos appeared first in TPM.
>>
>>77373621
I want to see a NuCanon book about Shaak Ti
>>
>>77373633

You will be disappointed. He's a comic relief most of the time. And no, he won't become a Jedi.
>>
>>77373675
We've seen Andy in the mo-cap suit. We're getting a big bad digital alien that the practical effects must defeat.
>>
File: master Im already a demon.png (278 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
master Im already a demon.png
278 KB, 500x411
>>77373675
>Or that the main big bad will be a CGI alien

But anon, the main big bad will definetely be CGI, thats why they got Serkis
>>
>>77368045
Tartakovsky Grevious is a beast compared to the joke seen in TCW
TCW assajj is way better than the short lived assajj in CW
more interesting side characters in TCW and CW (but everyone knows the reason behind that)
>>
>>77373725
Why was Darksoka so cute
>>
>>77373687
That was who they based Vos' design on. I think they even retconned him into actually being Vos later on.
>>
>>77373748
I kinda want them to continue Vos's story after Dark Disciple.
>>
>>77373666

Vos was based on a background extra seen in Mos Espa in TPM. He's sitting at a table in the scene where Sebulba meets Jar-Jar, and the Dark Horse guys basically just went "What if this guy was an undercover Jedi?"

Funny enough George liked the idea and the character a lot, which is why he got namedropped in ROTS and was going to have an Order 66 scene.

>>77373701

I like her a lot, but I can't help but feel exasperated at getting Yet Another Shaak Ti Death Story at this point.
>>
>>77373713
>>77373725
>they still believe it

Heh, I guess guys at Disney did a good job. You'll see in a month.
>>
>>77373784
>and was going to have an Order 66 scene.

holy shit, thank god THAT never happened!
>>
>>77373863

It's in the comic adaption, along with the (also unfilmed) Barriss death scene.

Funny enough both of those saved the characters for totally different kinds of story arcs later.
>>
>>77373895
We never find out about Barriss, did we
>>
>>77373983
No.

She was either executed, recruited or escaped in the confusion.
>>
>>77373983
as far as Dark Disciple she is still alive
>>
>>77367474
Doing great work, anon. Gets better every update. What program are you using to design?
>>
>>77373983

Well keep in mind that before TCW it was assumed Barris continued to be a dutiful Jedi knight through the clone wars, and as one of the few spotlighted Jedi from AOTC still alive at the end of ROTS they wanted to show her being offed as well. There was also a Luminara death scene planned which didn't get filmed either. Probably they felt the Order 66 sequence was already dragging on.

So if they had killed her off, the betrayal arc would never have happened.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.