[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Week 1: 3.1 >Week 2: 2.2 >Week 3: 1.7 The ratings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: serveimage.jpg (632 KB, 1966x1309) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
632 KB, 1966x1309
>Week 1: 3.1
>Week 2: 2.2
>Week 3: 1.7

The ratings just keep dropping. Is it doomed?
>>
I'm surprised it even made it to air.
>>
Its legitimately terrible, I'm not sure what they expected.

They have the ghost of Superman dancing around the show, unable to be seen, however ENDLESSLY brought up. Worse, her story is clearly ripped from Clark's, being a female Clark Kent, rather than just being herself. and I don't even know what to make of the actual superhero side of the show.
>>
>>77366461
>Is it doomed?

Yes. It sucks. I only watch it for the skirt.
>>
>>77366461
Attempted president Jeb Bush likes it. So yes, unless he gets into office.
>>
File: Jimmy_Olsen_001.jpg (34 KB, 518x792) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Olsen_001.jpg
34 KB, 518x792
>Jimmy Olsen is a tall, muscular, charismatic, bald black man who goes by James, wears tight shirts and macks on Supergirl

You know, I don't even care that they nigged him, but why the fuck is he the polar opposite of Jimmy
>>
File: times2005.jpg (21 KB, 353x312) Image search: [Google]
times2005.jpg
21 KB, 353x312
>>77366591
>the president determines what shows stay on the air

Then where is Good Times?
>>
>>77366625

Wait, seriously? That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>77366461

so sad that even in 2015 people still can't handle shows featuring strong intelligent independent women
>>
It's the patriarchy's fault.
>>
>>77366661
this thread is about Supergirl, not JJ
>>
>>77366661
>>77366670
>>
>>77366461
This will be your yearly reminder that women actually hate other women and seeing them be successful. This is standard behavior, wanting to be the most fecund reproduction partner in a resource limited environment. For all the Girl Power and crap, women are the worst towards other females, especially the "cute" ones.

Men, on the other hand, just don't care.
>>
File: supergirl cast.jpg (42 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
supergirl cast.jpg
42 KB, 700x393
>>77366656
Yup.
>>
>>77366625
>>77366656

He has mentioned how he started out as an unsure kid with a camera, so I guess this is supposed to be a grown up Jimmy who has gained confidence after bring bros with Clark for years.

Still kinda stupid. Especially how he just outed Superman's identity to Kara's friend.
>>
>>77366461
>The ratings just keep dropping. Is it doomed?
As I've previously said, 1.5 is about where this show will probably come to rest once were' through another week or two. Doomed? Debatable and here's why:

As far as numbers go, Supergirl is already falling into the deadly cutoff zone for CBS. CBS has higher rating standards for the 6pm time slot. Odds are a continually dropping show will get moved elsewhere. CBS isn't instantly going to can Supergirl because they A) Pitched it as "we're inspiring your daughters!" and the obvious other things people bitched about from the pilot and B) a lot of advertising dollars were sunk into the mid-season replacement series.

Can it be saved?

Odds are unless it bottoms out around 1.1 or 1.2, Supergirl will get auto-renewed for Season 2. However the plan was to get a full season and Supergirl is currently a mid-season series. Low ratings would get it bumped to a worse day with lower expectations for ratings (but higher than something that could be a 1.2-1.3 show), a heavy cut in the budget (say goodbye to a lot of supporting cast members and anything that uses heavy SFX), and keep a low episode of count order of 13 instead of getting that extra back 9 to make up a 22 episode full season.
>>
Does 4Chan really hate everything? It's hardly great art but I'm enjoying it. Trouble is the days of letting a show find its feet, like they did with Lost, are numbered. If you're not a hit immediately then you're screwed.
>>
>>77366461
>On the not-good side, “Supergirl” lost another half a point, pending updates, meaning it’s down almost 50 percent in the two weeks since its premiere.

50% of the most wanted audience gone in two weeks.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/11/10/tv-ratings-monday-nov-9-2015/
>>
>>77366714
>when Jimmy gains confidence and grows up, his melanin increases to maximum
>>
>>77366661
>strong intelligent independent women
>>77366683 got it right.
This is a Supergirl thread, not a Jessica Jones thread.
>>
>>77366718
>Does 4Chan really hate everything? It's hardly great art but I'm enjoying it.

Dude, normally I'd be with you, but this show is absolutely awful.

It's super corny, and not in a fun way.
>>
>>77366702
>this guys is starring in a movie where a woman cheats on his husband on their anniversary
>they somehow manage to demonize the husband and make the black guy and the woman the victims
>>
>>77366718
>4Chan
>>
Speaking of Kara's friend, isn't having her base of operations be a currently unused office in her place of work a huge liability?
Has there ever been a less secure superhero lair?
>>
>>77366715
It should be further noted that the "old people effect" is in full swing. You will notice Gotham had a 1.5 and 4 million viewers while Supergirl had 1.7 and 8 million viewers. Again, because CBS is the "in" network and because old people don't change the channel, Supergirl gets a default large number of viewers no matter what... but shows live and die by ratings shares from 18-49, so it means nothing to save the show. This is why I pointed out the initial 12.9 million viewers meant nothing during the first viewing week. Yes, that was slightly more by a few 10 thousand than SHIELD got its first night, but SHIELD had a 4.7 ratings share too. Supergirl was more in line with Gotham that also opened with a 3.1 and only 4 million less viewers than Supergirl opened with. So we can be certain now there's a 4 million or so old person viewership which doesn't know how to change a channel.
>>
File: winn-schott-1024x570.jpg (45 KB, 1024x570) Image search: [Google]
winn-schott-1024x570.jpg
45 KB, 1024x570
>>77366625
>>77366656
Best part is that this guy looks like he could do a good Jimmy Olsen.
>>
>>77366770
Target demographic is women. They don't care about that stuff. They want emotional speeches and hunky black guys and sisterhood and friendzoned best friends.
>>
>>77366791
He is a good Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>77366746
Seriously?
>>
>>77366791
I thought the same thing
>>
>>77366791
Personally I suspect he was Jimmy originally, but then executive meddling offloaded some diversity quotas onto the show and things were shuffled.
>>
>>77366661
I guess they should just give up on making them huh?
>>
>>77366843
Which is stupid because "James" could have easily been an OC and we could have skipped anyone but Kara knowing Clark's secret. Hell, most of the pilot was Superman with the name changes rather than Kara's actual origin.
>>
>>77366461
You guys realize that pretty much every show drops significantly in ratings after its initial premier, right? It's still doing better than most shows on the same station.
>>
>>77366803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2hOn3gruAw
found it
/pol/ and /tv/ are rarely wrong
>>
File: 1442936414059.jpg (81 KB, 1024x733) Image search: [Google]
1442936414059.jpg
81 KB, 1024x733
>>77366461
Why can't Jimmy just be a ginger white boy? Why can't the show just have less grrl power?
>>
>>77366461
This show is terrible and apparently they don't understand that bringing in the superman shadow is not making kara a better character its making both of them look worse
>>
>>77366746
To be it said based on a true story, which probably means there was some guy who walked in on his wife fucking a dude at one point and blew them away.
Is this the same guy that did the kekold movie?
>>77366959
>That skip scream at the end
Oh god I hate that technique....who thinks that looks cool?
>>
>>77366999
Why do they always nig the gingers?
>>
>>77367065
don't really know, I just saw it on /tv/ and they were right about Jimmy being in it cockolding a white dude
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>black Olsen
>black Giles
>Kahrra instead of Kara
>cockblocking the white guy

You all let this happen.
>>
gave it the old 3 episode try, last episode was the final nail that pissed me off, FUCKING DROPPED. You know whats hilarious? For a show trying to make a strong female protagonist, it literally has given us one of the most terrible examples
>>
>uses heat vision to pettily show off to Cat
>"Why haven't you saved more people before?"
>I TAKE MY POWERS SERIOUSLY
>>
>>77366461
>CBS throws it away
>CW picks Kara back up like they are doing with Constantine
>WB steps in and gets rid of all of it because MUH MOVIES
This is our future
>>
>Disgusting ginger filth. Get it out of my sight. I can't work when I'm being forcefully reminded of their inferior genes.

>Who let it be hired in the first place? Find out, fire them, and have them blacklisted from the industry.
>>
>Clark could never beat Reactron
BULL.SHIT.
>>
>>77367209
Right? I don't fucking understand.

Why could he not beat him but she could? How did Reactron get away after Clark showed up?

When Reactron attacked at that party I was seriously confused.
>>
>>77367069

dyslexia
>>
>>77367209
GURL POWWAAAHHH
>>
>>77367181
We'll have a glorious short lived patch of seasons before its all dumped for Batman and Friends film series.
>>
File: 1446745041166.gif (109 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1446745041166.gif
109 KB, 300x375
>>77366718
>Does 4Chan really hate everything?
Ah, I remember my first week on 4chan.
So young, so naive.
>>
>>77367249
>>77367238
More like throwing a fucking bone. What drives me nuts about this show is we are TOLD how much a good character Kara is but compared to her achievements they are pretty lackluster.
>>
>>77367255
>Arrow S5
>Flash S3
>Legends of Tomorrow S2
This is where it all ends. I fucking hate Warner Bros for being so stupid.
>>
>>77367255
>Harley Quinn and Friends film series

ftfytbqhfam
>>
>>77367238
Reactron pissed off when Supes hit the ground. It was more important to get Kara someplace safe. And its more important that she be the hero for her city. Gives Clark a human interest piece to write about.
>>
Reactron is the poor mans Atomic Skull
>>
>>77367320
>Reactron can outrun Superman
>Kara woke up right where she went down

Can't believe there are already people defending this crap.
>>
>>77367404
She woke up back in her apartment, she only briefly saw some Superbutt.
>>
[SUPERDICKERY INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>77366581
I wouldve been more excited if Superman wasnt there at all. Like alternate universe where Kara was the only kryptonian left. the pilot made me lose interest hard.
>>
>>77366718
>Trouble is the days of letting a show find its feet, like they did with Lost
>Lost

Good one. I mean, we're talking about a show where the writers wrote themselves into a corner by the end of the first season, had no fucking clue what to do and then, despite vehemently denying they would and that fans were 100% wrong about the ending, used fan theories to wrap up the series.

So unless you count being utterly clueless and having no idea what they were doing during 90% of the show's four seasons as "finding its footing", then I have no idea what you're even talking about.
>>
>>77366718

>Lost

Yeah, that turned out great.
>>
>>77367365
I thought he was the poor man's Metallo? Or rather, the Red Kryptonite Metallo.
>>
>>77366661
If Kara was smart she would have quit her job
>>
>>77367662
Eh, I said Skull because theyre both radiation power users. Reactron is neither a cyborg nor able to kill Kara by standing next to her
>>
This show REEKS of heavy executive meddling.
>>
>>77366581
>They have the ghost of Superman dancing around the show, unable to be seen, however ENDLESSLY brought up.
Oh shit. I haven't seen it, but that sounds like early Agents of SHIELD all over again.
>>
They should have not put it against Gotham. You don't divide the geek viewing public. I love Supergirl, the character, but my geek self is not going to miss Gotham. Sorry. It would have been smarter to have stuck it at the 9 o'clock slot. That way the Gotham geeks could have simply switched over once Gotham ends.
>>
>>77367736
Except in AOS Stark or Rogers didnt swoop in and kill all tension when the plot demanded it
>>
>>77366959
>/pol/ and /tv/ are rarely wrong
They keep mistaking evidence of racism for evidence FOR racism though. Look at this movie. The White main character is challenged with how to react when he finds his wife cheating on him with a Black man. This is playing on a fear that White men have that is at least as old as this country. The film is trying to evoke the feeling of being kekolded, to elicit rage from the white male audience, and surprise surprise, given he YouTube comments, it worked.
>>
>>77367751
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Don't make me watch this just to see if you're screwing with me.
>>
>>77367865
desu, I think the fact that his wife was letting some other dude fuck her probably had more to do with his decision to hold them at gunpoint than the race of the dude involved. I can't see a happily married white man walking in on his white wife getting fucked by a white guy and saying "well at least it ain't a nigger, carry on!" No, he'd still be pissed she'd cheated on him and if he's the type to get violent, he'd go get the gun anyway.
>>
>>77367916
Apparently in episode 3 of Supergirl, she gets her ass kicked by Reactron and before she passes out Clark swoops in to chase him off. Kara gets pissed at Jimmy for calling him with the signal watch, Kara beats Reatron in a rematch, and later texts clark in which he agrees to never intervene again
>>
it really is a bad show, I gave it a fair shot. Its just not good
>>
>>77366661
That's the problem. She isn't strong or independent. She moans and cries all the time.

She's a badly written character. Very weak and not appealing.

The only decent side characters are the nerdy guy and Henshaw. Everyone else is terrible.
>>
>>77366581
>They have the ghost of Superman dancing around the show, unable to be seen
Seriously, whoever took that decision needs to be fired.
>>
>>77367978
Right? They couldnt say "hes busy fighting a threat off planet" or "Kara you need to get him out of the phantom zone" or something?
>>
>>77366746
>>77366959

The trailer definitely doesn't convey any message about demonizing the husband. I hope that's not what this statement is basing itself on.
>>
>>77367941
That's part of the point. You think this is the only true story to base a movie about a man finding his wife cheating and shooting both of them that they could base their movie on? My poit isn't about the intentions of the man, it's about the intentions of the filmmakers. To play on an old racial fear, and make a lot of insecure white men angry to get attention.
>>
>>77367916
>Don't make me watch this
I tried really hard to watch it, every new season I hope it will be better but still find it garbage.

It's very simple, it's a network thing. ABC can't make action, they only make good cheap drama marketed towards certain demographics. CBS can't do CGI, they make the best thrillers/procedurals (Person of Interest, Elementary, the new Limitless which is 10 times better than Supergirl but nobody talks about it).
>>
>>77368010
Or better yet, superman doesn't fucking exist, she is the first kryptonian in earth. It is another universe and you don't have the rights to superman, so why even name superman at all? it just detracts from the character.
>>
>>77367960
>Kara_wants_to_be_hardcore_but_Superman_wont_let_her.jpeg
>>
File: problematic.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
problematic.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>77367960
> Reactron
>>
>>77368054
>Limitless which is 10 times better than Supergirl but nobody talks about it

Limitless is doing pretty well, it's tapped into the market of young professionals that advertisers wanted so it'll be fine.

People say Supergirl is struggling because of Gotham; I don't think that's it at all. The Voice and Dancing With The Stars probably have more to do with it.
>>
>>77367748
>my geek self
>>
>>77366461
It was started for sjws. They only complain, they do not base their complaints on facts.

GG people dont play games, people who bitch about comics dont read, and the people who push diversity in film media never watch tv shows.

Its made for a faux audience, it'll fail.
Just think of the green lantern show that could've been. It would even have been good, with all the shekels they spent on this.
>>
>>77367960
And superman agrees to let her die out of pride? i guess he is really the superman from the movie, the man of murder.
>>
>>77367960
You forgot to add that Clark fought Reactron few times and never managed to beat him.
>>
>>77368122
Yep.
Limitless was meh for the first four episodes, but the last three episodes have been fantastic.

Plus, Bradley cooper comes on sometimes. Its fucking awesome.
>>
>>77367960
So Superman showed up but didnt actually "show up"?
>>
>>77366661
>>so sad that even in 2015 people still can't handle shows featuring strong intelligent independent women
Have you never seen Veep?
>>
>>77368122
>The Voice and Dancing With The Stars probably have more to do with it.
Well, the people that watch these kind of shows aren't going to watch a superhero show, while Gotham has type of audience that does. But you're right, if Supergirl was good it would have snatched most of Gotham's audience.
>>
>>77366625
this so fucking much

we could've gotten the 2nd coming of Steve Urkel if they went with a black guy
but nope thats not what we got
>>
File: not_that_man.png (954 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not_that_man.png
954 KB, 1920x1080
>>77368227
He shows up blurred.
>>
>>77368295
>no red shorts
Fucking dropped!
>>
>>77368295
>no red trunks
get this shit outta here
>>
>>77366581
That's why I won't even watch it. It's not Supergirl its female Clark. Supergirl is more in touch with her emotions and quick to anger. She doesn't take anyone's shit and, while a nice girl, she will completely wreck your shit if you make her mad. She's not like Clark, she doesn't have as much control due to her age and she isn't afraid to use her powers to the full extent. This show doesn't convey that at all.
>>
>>77368353
Fucking exactly correct desu senpai
>>
just post the upskirts
>>
>Kara damages Reactron's gear
>he flies away while she's just standing there
>few minutes later in DEO headquaters
>"Why aren't we doing anything!?"
>>
>>77366461

God, it's a shit show.
>>
>>77367181
>CW picks Kara back up like they are doing with Constantine
So a single brief TV appearance? Because let's not pretend Constantine was there for more than the last 15mins or so.
>>
>>77367941
Let's not pretend a woman would take seeing her husband bang someone else any better. Women have just as long of a history of becoming violent towards the husband and his lover
>>
>>77366892
He could had been fucking STEEL
>>
File: superman-dick-comic-10.jpg (37 KB, 394x584) Image search: [Google]
superman-dick-comic-10.jpg
37 KB, 394x584
>>77366625
Because no one has ever liked Jimmy Olsen. He got a spin-off because back then kids were so obsessed with Superman that they were dealing to endure Jimmy Olsen and that book always sold very low than the other Superman's spin-offs.

The nigger is an OC-do-not-steal made mainly to evade racism accusations. He's the typical ubercompetent black male side character that Hollywood liberals love so much
>>
I haven't watched this season of Gotham. Have they decided the kind of audience they want? Some scenes in season one were really campy, but others were super serious and violent. At least Supergirl knows this is a show families want to watch together.
>>
>>77368577
Shilling Steel is so 90s. DC already moved on to shill the new great black hope, Cyborg. Once in a while, DC push a black character to proof how progressive they are but eventually they get tired and move to another black hero.
>>
>>77366791
This should of been Jimmy

>>77368616
If his spin off sold so poorly then why is it that it lasted so long?

Personally I wish they cross this over with the Flash or other DC universes to make it better.
>>
>>77368711
>If his spin off sold so poorly then why is it that it lasted so long?
Because Superman was THAT big.
>>
>>77368500
>Implying that gays or men in general don't do the same thing.
Son you need to watch Cheaters.
>>
>>77368643
So, audience that appreciate campy violence? Sounds about right.
>>
>>77366661
nice bait
>>
>>77368758
>Superman was that big.
What seriously? I thought Batman was? How long did that last.
>They could of made an animu Legion of Superheroes show
>They didn't because 'nobody was that popular.'
>Could of put Superboy in it to make it popular.
>End up doing it later on anyway.
Fuck you dc
>>
File: bait.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>77366661
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (56 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
56 KB, 625x626
>>77366661
>>
I usually like most shows and don't even complain about the bad ones, but this show is straight up bad.

They keep playing that "I'm not as good as superman, but I'm a girl" type of thing.

The use of superman needs to stop.

The villians are lame even if they are using the flash format.

The constant kekold love triangle is cringey even if I am a black guy.

Kallista Flockheart is literally the best part of this show.

I can't believe Constantine got cancelled but this show will probably get a full season.
>>
>>77368015
>old racial fear
Why would I marry a woman who isn't disgusted by apes in the first place?
>>
>>77368809
>could of
How the fuck do you really think it's "could of" and not "could have"?
>>
>>77367304
A show shouldn't last more than 3 or 5 seasons. It always goes full retard because backstage drama, execs trying to maintain the show relevant and the writers losing steam.
>>
>>77366959
That looks absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>77368764
Spics are infamous for killing his wife's lover and then his wife. In fact, it's reaching chronic levels on recent years
>>
File: 1430794500350.png (254 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1430794500350.png
254 KB, 500x500
>>77369096
I'm so glad Mad Men was able to stay consistently great for 8 years. That's because the showrunner had AMC by the balls.
>>
The last episode was genuinely good. Reactron was handled well and Superman's cameo and the justification why he just doesn't swoop in every episode to help Kara from now on was neat as well. Their IM chat at the end was adorable.

And I'm really interested where they're going with Henshaw and Max.
>>
>>77369335
CBS interns leave
>>
>>77368445
They could even have easily justified her just standing there by having more crash victims who needed saving, but i guess the screenwriters forgot or something

Shit show
>>
>>77369387
If he was a real CBS intern he would have told you that Superman will appear in the season finale, if it makes it that far though
>>
>>77368426
Plz
>>
>>77366461
This is the equivalent of Fant4stic in terms of failure to re-interpret the source material.
>>
File: Thanks for that image, fucker.jpg (46 KB, 169x257) Image search: [Google]
Thanks for that image, fucker.jpg
46 KB, 169x257
>>77366791
Gay Jimmy maybe. The version of Jimmy that likes to cross-dress.
>>
>>77366461
>2015
>West is still incapable of making a good girl power series

It's not even funny at this point.
>>
>>77369387
I'm terribly sorry you disapprove, anonymous.
>>
>>77369075
Could've.
Homonyms.
>>
>>77366461

You know what's really sad?

After this garbage flops ultra hard they will be using it as a proof that nobody wants female superheroes.
>>
>>77369784
>Homonyms.
But "could of" is incorrect. It has no meaning.
>>
The major problem with the show is the heavy handed girl power message in the dialogue. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a great example of how to do a strong female lead. That is have her actions do the talking not the dialogue.

>She's not strong enough
>Why because she is a girl?

No you stupid bitch because she is getting her face pounded in the cement.
>>
>>77369858
Jessica Jones will succeed, though.

That means Carol Corps is inevitable.
>>
>>77368353
Pretty much this. I wanted a Supergirl show, I have no idea what this is.
>>
>>77369924
>Implying people care about Jessica Jones when they just want a Daredevil clone
>>
>>77369921
What do you expect from a room full of male writers that never interacted with women on real life besides their moms?
>>
>>77369921
That shouldn't even be an issue with Kara either. The issue should be she's using too much power. The whole point of Kara is a younger less in control Superman.
>>
>>77369858
>>77369924
>>77370049
Jessica Jones has the huge advantage of being a Netflix show instead of a TV show. Female superheroes are a male nerd thing and kek videos are consumed mainly by white males
>>
>>77370096
Yeah I agree, that is a major part of her character. Superman seems weaker because he holds back, she is stronger because she lacks the mental blocks and years of adjusting. Instead we get woman power dialogue without her actually doing anything empowering.
>>
>>77370139
I doubt the writers read the comics but even if they did, some faggot would claim that's a hysterical woman's stereotype
>>
>>77370135
>Female superheroes are a male nerd thing

Dude, look at the first ep of Supergirl. It broke records.

People want hot girl heroes. This show is just shit.
>>
>>77366461
People said the same thing about Agent's of shield and they bounced back.
>>
>>77369895
But you know what it means. By definition, it has meaning. It successfully communicates what the author intended. :V

Anyway, you asked how someone could think it's "could of" and not "could have". That's how.
>>
>>77370496
>bounced back.
lol
>>
>>77370302
>It broke records
It got the same ratings as Gotham's premiere did. Both of which were lower than AoS.
>>
>>77369895
See >>77369784

I'm also country mate. We say Could of instead of could've and ya'll a lot.
>>
>>77370302
Despite Batman has been the top dog since the 80s, the Superman brand still has a worldwide recognition and baby boomers can't throw away their toys. Man of Murder and Superman Returns made great numbers on the opening week but they still underperformed.
>>
Ive seen Benoists fappening pics but has Supergirl had any upskirt shots yet ? If so does anyone have screencaps ? Those pantyhose look hot and I need to know wether the panties are blue or red.
>>
>>77370866
The show is TV PG and this is a Christian image board.
>>
>>77367736
At least they brought in Nick Fury in the S1 finale. And Maria Hill's made a few cameos.
>>
>>77366524
This desu
>>
I, for one, like the show.

They seem to have a higher effects budget than the The CW shows and the writing is on par with both of those. I'd say Supergirl is about as good as Arrow is at the moment, and I think it will be better once it really gets a main plotline.

The Jimmy thing does not bother me at all - Arrow is a completely altered version of all the characters and it didn't hurt.
>>
>>77371031
>the writing is on par with both of those.
>as good as Arrow is at the moment
So, complete shit then
>>
File: capeshit.png (410 KB, 667x834) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.png
410 KB, 667x834
>>77370759

Superman is only big in USA.
>>
>>77371051

Better than the beginning of Arrow season 1 I meant to say. Arrow started out horribly and got better once they got the status quo set up and the main storyline rolling. Supergirl is already better than that and I suspect once they get the story going it will reach peak Arrow quality. I don't think it will be as good as Flash, but who knows.

I will give it time. I know you all like to feel smart by being Negative Nancys, but really you're just being Negative Nancys.
>>
>>77371122
>I don't think it will be as good as Flash
Of course, Flash would have to be good
>>
It's funny, because you could even argue that the show's central flaw is that it weirdly thinks of itself as this super-feminist show...even though it clashes with one of the big tenets of (original) feminism: the desire for individualism and the desire to not need to follow every expectation society sets.

I mean, put it this way: if Kara could cook and clean, she would pretty clearly be society's definition of a perfect woman -- perfect both for men and for all women. She's strong, attractive, kind, caring, quirky, deep; she breaks the rules but also knows when to be a good follower; she's beloved by her friends, but she's not some fame-whore; etc. etc.

None of these things would be particularly bad if the show actually addressed them. But because the show doesn't, you realize that they hardly even know it's happening, let alone do they think it's anything bad.

And yes, characterization and all that still applies to Supergirl's many, many flaws. It's just that, when you get down to it, the show is blandly approaching the extremely bland can-do-no-wrong type female character. A network TV show blandly approaching a subject is absolutely nothing new, especially in the first few episodes. But a bland approach on such a bad subject -- *particularly* when the subject and the approach completely oppose each other -- is a death sentence.
>>
File: PreCure_GoPri_fight7.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PreCure_GoPri_fight7.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>77371196

It's a feminist show done by retards.

In some scenes they literally hit you in the face with how feminist this show is supposed to be.

Then in other scenes it's unintentionally sexist like some 70's action movie.

It's just incompetence on every level.

They should let nips do a Supergirl series.
>>
only watched the pilot DESU but here was what I found wrong with it can some one let me know if anything actually changed.

>Fight choreography is poor.
>Needless feminist tones (the part where Kara's sister uses the because shes a girl argument with the soldier who was obviously talking about kara being untrained).
>Needless race shifting.
>Power effects feel weak.
>Fights carry no weight.
>And it was just boring.
>>
>>77371385
Too Be Honest filtered to DESU, when did the filters get turned back on?
>>
>>77371412
Around Halloween senpai
>>
>>77371385
>Fight choreography is poor.
It's as bad if not worse in the second episode. In the third, it's somewhat decent.

>Needless feminist tones
Still there, and in fact, they get worse by the episode.

>Needless race shifting.
IMO, it's not so much shifting as it is baiting. But I guess it got better? Not really any new characters to change the races of.

>Power effects feel weak.
Still there.

>Fights carry no weight.
Still there.

>And it was just boring.
100% still there.
>>
>>77371258
>Nips
So Madoka lite?
>>
>>77371543
Figured, also is it just me or has Arrows budget been cut because the last few episodes fight scenes looked like their filmed on a different camera to the rest of the show.

Also it seems CW favors the shows in this order

>Flash
>Arrow
>Supergirl
>>
>>77368072
because that is fucking retarded, anyone who says they should just make her the first are just as dumb the guys who made kara female clark kent.
>>
>>77371258
I guess I should get into watching the PreCure series. Hard to believe it's a show made for little girls with that clip.
>>
File: precure_furryded.webm (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
precure_furryded.webm
3 MB, 512x288
>>77371586

Anon, Madoka is not a standard magical girl series at all.
>>
>>77371601
>Flash
>Arrow
>Supernatural
You meant.Supergirl isn't on CW.
>>
>>77367748
I always found that weird
Why make Supergirl and Gotham compete with each other? Why make people choose? Why not have one show come on earlier or later?
>>
>>77366702
What the fuck is with all of these shows now pairing blacks and whites together?

I mean I'm trying hard as hell to not sound racist but when literally the 3 most popular currently airing superhero shows have an interracial couple, with two of those shows having outright changed the race of a character to make this pairing happen, questions start inevitable coming up.

Is /pol/ ACTUALLY right?
>>
>>77371909
Yeah, it's entry level garbage for 18 year olds to nut over, thinking it's deep and seriously deconstructive.
>>
>>77371909
Except Supergirl isn't a magical girl. I said Madoka because most Japanese writers in anime/manga can't write girls right so it will either be like Medaka box with Superman, Jimmy, and Brainiac 5 as the love interests with Superman ultimately winning at the end or it will be like Wixoss or Madoka with mindbreaking girls.
>>
>>77372170
Status quo.
>>
File: 1435720519078.gif (2 MB, 248x291) Image search: [Google]
1435720519078.gif
2 MB, 248x291
>>77372170
>I mean I'm trying hard as hell to not sound racist
>>
>>77371805
Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty good about this, too. Of course CCS is CLAMP so of course it's good.
>>
>>77366461
The show is in severe trouble.

One of its flaws right now is that we've already got several cape shows on the air and they've already done the "learning the ropes" or are painfully still going through it like with Barry still and it's just too annoying to put up with yet again. People feel they've already experienced the hero build up, going through this with her bumbling ass for several more seasons is turning people off.
>>
>>77372195

You couldn't be more wrong. And a lot of anime writers are women. Many times more than in western TV.
>>
>>77372170

It really feels forced as hell. Especially when you are not american.
>>
>>77372170
>tfw Barry/Patty will inevitably be destroyed because LolIris despite having 10x as much chemistry and Iris working 10x better in second season as a sister figure

Kill me.
>>
>>77372195
>Except Supergirl isn't a magical girl

She kind of is really.
>>
>>77372611
She isn't a magical girl. She's not even close to being Sentai either. If you want to be technical she's similar to a character from OPM's universe.

>>77372513
>A lot of anime writers are women
Name me five manga series that are made by women turned into anime that are not romance/shoujo with good women characters not including Blue Exorcist or Soul Eater.
>>
>>77372721
>not including Blue Exorcist or Soul Eater

Why would anyone include shit?

Full Metal Alchemist was written by a woman. So is the latest Gundam for Christ's sake.

Half of the series that are not LN adaptations have female writers.
>>
>>77372611
Star Butterfly would end her.
>>
File: otaku-and-waifu.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
otaku-and-waifu.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
>>77372897
>Half of the series that are not LN adaptations have female writers.
LNs are written by the fans. The author is irrelevant because there are a set of rules that can not be challenged or even subverted. Japan severely punish creativity and individuality, especially at the bottom of the entertainment industry
>>
File: 1446110205846.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1446110205846.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>77373143

I guess that's why anime is 20 times more diverse than western series.

You can literally find everything in anime and manga. Everything. Every possible genre or setting.

You have 50 series every season and less than 10 are generic harem adaptations, shonenshit and waifufaggotry.
>>
>>77372897
>Why would anyone include shit?
Both of those were written by a woman. I can give you FMA even though the main character is a guy but most manga series turned into anime that are shonen/seinen/action orientated are written by guys and that's a fact. And like the other anon said most LN are written by fans.

So if Supergirl was made by Japanese people it would most likely be a dude and polarized to hell.
>>
File: 1440437441427.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
1440437441427.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>77372897
>Calling Soul Eater shit
>>
>>77373268

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

There are tons of action girl anime every year.
>>
>>77368616
Hey.
The New Gods were born on a Jimmy Olsen issue.
>>
>>77373308
>There are tons of action girl anime every year.
im not talking about action girl only. I'm talking about series made by women who have good women characters that are action. red what I said again >most manga series turned into anime that are shonen/seinen/action orientated are written by guys and that's a fact

And since you're so smart name five this season with a girl as a main character that's action orientated. not a loli but a girl or a teenager. Im drunk but you're either retarded or do not watch a lot of anime.
>>
>>77373661

6 last season (including the most popular show of the season) and 4 this season (3 if for some reason you don't consider Neko to be the MC alongside Kuro).

Keep in mind over 3/4 of anime is not action oriented these days.
>>
>>77373555
Jack Kirby chose to work on Jimmy Olsen because the title was at the verge of cancellation and Kirby didn't want all those people to lose their job. Still an odd choice though, considering DC heavely promoted Kirby's pass to DC, probably the first time on cape comics that an author got so much attention. Nevertheless, he worked on a dying title
>>
they shouldn't let CBS producers run a Supergirl series

A big sticking point right there. They just don't know how to handle it.

About as bad as The Good Wife that still can't make up its mind what it fucking wants to be drama wise.

>>77371053
In part because Warner Bros DC puts no effort into promotion.
>>
>>77366461
welp, there goes that new ongoing not coming next year
>>
>>77374685
>In part because Warner Bros DC puts no effort into promotion

No. It's because of the characters. Most of the world see Superman as a silly hero for little kids. Batman is less silly but it's still a dude in a bat suit.

Compare that to the movie Avengers team. They are not ever really costumed heroes. None of them have typical superhero costumes.
>>
>>77366714
You can still kinda see him being a clumsy awkward dork Like accidentally outing Superman as CK to Winn.
>>
>>77372170
>Is /pol/ ACTUALLY right?
/pol/ is ALWAYS right
>>
>>77367193
>blacklisted
>>
>>77366781
gotham is also a batman show without batman. A lot of people don't watch gotham because they just aren't won over by the concept, while supergirl is well, supergirl.
>>
>>77368667
Steel is still one of the better Black characters that DC has come up with.

the idea of a guy who inspired by superman becomes a superhero is great.

but I suppose you cant have a black man get inspired by a white man. jews wont allow that
>>
>>77366581
What's the point of that? At that point you can just use Clark instead?
>>
I hope so. Let this feminist trash burn.
>>
It's really bad. I couldn't even make it all the way through the last episode.

Just garbage.
>>
>>77372170

It actually is sketchy as fuck.

I think most people can see it at this point.
>>
The show is REALLY bad. Like, nothing about it is redeeming at all.

When Arrow started, it at least had decent fight choreography.

When Flash started, it had some decent CGI behind it.

Even Gotham, which I love to hate and hate to love, had enough decent characters to keep watching.

Supergirl has nothing.
>>
>>77377692
>cant have a black man get inspired by a white man

the fuck are you talking about? god, you people created your own fiction and swears the rest of the world lives by it
>>
>>77366661
>low quality bait

IMMA BITE
>>
>>77372170

I didn't mind in Daredevil. The others are pretty fucking forced.
>>
>>77366959
>/pol/ and /tv/ are rarely wrong

welcome to 4chan. enjoy your complimentary buttpains and eventual hatred of everything you'd loved previously, the replacement of values with conspiracy, and the love of being gloriously pale skinned, yet a disgusting waste of life!

take a seat and

don't forget, you're here forever
>>
File: Supergirl-ES-UN-Red_Lanterns.jpg (137 KB, 791x550) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl-ES-UN-Red_Lanterns.jpg
137 KB, 791x550
As such a huge fan of the character all I feel is rage. Just put her in the fucking movies already
>>
>>77368203
Man of murder who cant even murder a fool right.
>>
>>77381760

I read that entire Red Lanterns run and I still have no idea why Supergirl was there/not there anymore.
>>
>>77366461
Yes
Which is good
Now if only Arrow and Flash got a ratings drop
>>
We need more webms of her thighs give a proper judgement, OP.
>>
>>77381801
Nobody does, but her character development during that arc was great.
>>
>>77381694
Daredevil is a white man on a black woman though, so that's a bit refreshing. Though it looks like he'll end up with Karen in the end so who cares.
>>
>>77381972

More that the character billing and writing of the relationship were such that it wasn't all PLEASE GIVE US BROWNIE POINTS MASTER.

In general, Daredevil was bearable because it put the "working-class" of its working-class Left ethics first.
>>
>>77366959
If you focus on type of coupling sure
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfTwu2CgDY
Where there rampant shtiposts about this film?
>>
>>77368286

>2nd coming of Steve Urkel

You can't force an Urkel. Urkels have to happen naturally.
>>
>>77382181

Nobody cares what Tyler Perry does. His movies are actually for black audiences.
>>
>>77369096

>what is M*A*S*H
>what is Seinfeld
>what is Law & Order
>what are TNG and DS9

Granted, I agree that a lot of good shows take a dive in quality later on (like Frasier and Three's Company), but not ALL shows do that. Some escape the meddling and drama and have a consistently good run all the way through.
>>
>>77366625
It's 2015 :6)
>>
>>77382306
Villain of the week shows can normally stay pretty good for lots of seasons. Arrow and Flash's biggest issues will be running out of DC things to shoot/run at.
>>
>>77382306
>what are TNG and DS9
Each were 7, but TNG chose to go while DS9 knew they weren't allowed to do more seasons than TNG.

X-Files is a decent example of one that went way too long, too. When Mulder started wanting to go, they should have wrapped that shit up. Even with the X Files revival, Mulder is the whole reason it's a short run when he original said he'd be back for whatever. That man doesn't want anything but a quick paycheck and move on hoping someone will give him another Califonication.
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (32 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
32 KB, 323x323
>227 posts
>>
>>77372170
>What the fuck is with all of these shows now pairing blacks and whites together?
>I mean I'm trying hard as hell to not sound racist but

Hey, if you look on page 343 of 'I Don't Mean to Sound Racist, But', you'll read that tv shows involving white/black pairings are off limits and any program or media portraying such a relationship should result in the audience's protestations and defiance.

Just listen to yourself. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're most likely a racist. And it only took a handful of your favorite tv shows that you've come to have trouble enjoying because of something as superficial as the skin color of the person the main character likes. Think about that for a second.

Think about it.
>>
>>77372170

>I mean I'm trying hard as hell to not sound racist

>Is /pol/ ACTUALLY right?

Such a defeatist post.
>>
I'm willing to bet that if Supergirl gets a second season, it's going to end up like Gotham. Most people hate the first season and then suddenly S2 fixes everything and people have nothing but good to say about the show.
>>
>>77384249

Supergirl's receiving a ridiculous amount of criticism because it's basically a reverse Flash. There have been so many gritty superhero flicks, it's become difficult to watch something that's so light hearted yet tries to maintain some urgency in the threats Karra has to take on. It can't be the quip fest that is Avengers because it has whole seasons to continue spitting out.

Anyone that has question the potential of Gotham tastes should be questioned. Alfred alone should've been enough to keep most people interested, but with the lack of a primed bat character, the autism set in quick and people lost interest.
>>
>>77382466
You seem to be operating under the delusion that racism is wrong or bad.
You should work on that childish mentality.
>>
>>77381694
>>77381972
didn't someone do a study on this and found that in general white americans were more comfortable with a white man dating a black woman than a black man dating a white woman.

Its kind of why I'm all for it appearing more in media.
>>
>>77372170
>questions start inevitable coming up.

That's because the lining on your tinfoil hat needs mending, broheim.
>>
File: Scandal.jpg (45 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Scandal.jpg
45 KB, 612x380
>>77384418
I don't even know if there's been more of less than another but it would explain why people have bern losing their shit with the kekold memes. Are they gonna even hook up in Supergirl?
>>
>>77384418
I support it too. Blonde haired thief dude on black cop chick was the best in Sleepy Hollow.
>>
>>77384383
>childish mentality

are you kidding me? your race is a fabrication, delusion, illusion, protected randomization, a meaningless something given value, creation of reproductive necessity, and you've the nerve to tell me that i'm a child?

humanity exists because of random events, race included. there's nothing directing this shit beyond circumstance and spoon fed believers. one meaningless tribe against another working towards their inevitable and mutual destruction; single tribes destined to find themselves isolated from each other, shaped by their particular environments to possibly hate their former pair.

you can believe that racism is right if you'd like- but you're even more a puppet than anyone else here if you think that race isn't solely a concept of people forcing social boundaries who are more powerful than you.
>>
File: 1446920961741.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1446920961741.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>Black and hunky Jimmy Olsen
Reminds me of a certain website...
Starts with a letter B...
>>
>>77384522
>hunky
>black
>letter B..

it can't be blacked because the guys on there are hilariously ugly.
>>
>>77384540
>Ugly
Yes indeed.
>>
>>77384522
>White blonde girl
>Masculine black man
>Nerdy white boy
>>
File: RHSi0h.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
RHSi0h.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>77384418
>>77384486
>tfw
JUST
>>
>>77384540
They don't hire black porn stars for their looks m8
>>
>>77384580
>Where the white woman at?
>>
>>77384604
It's all about down there...
>>77384568
Double standard
>>
>Wow it's almost as if the media is mostly owned by liberals who happen to be Jewish. I'm sure the problem is with us though we just need to be more multicultural.
>>
>>77366692
>Men, on the other hand, just don't care.
You're delusional if you believe that.
>>
File: Action253_20.jpg (86 KB, 552x583) Image search: [Google]
Action253_20.jpg
86 KB, 552x583
>>77366461
What version is she based on?

I'm assuming it's the silverage version, but like really early silverage.
>>
>>77384418
I'm still holding out for blasian/blewish couplings although i dont see any objections to whites and blacks being buddies. I've definitely seen that on tv, movies and commercials more than the relationship equivalent
>>
>>77384705
>blasian

good fucking luck, asians hate black people

black jews?

you ever heard of the black isrealites?

you don't want to give them any sort of platform

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites
>>
>>77366798
>non-black women want black guys

Even outside of racism statistics suggest that isn't the case
>>
>>77381735
In our defense, white wastes of life are in prison at a lower rate per capita than non-white wastes of life
>>
>>77384720
>good fucking luck, asians hate black people
I hear they don't enough of them for genuine hate to if you make your way/rich they're fine with you. Idk
Black Hebrews seems like a weird political group and not people who are actually part ethnic jewish
>>
>>77366661
bang up job, lad
>>
>>77366461
I still can't understand why people say shit like this.
>DC should release a Supergirl comic to cash in the success of the new Supergirl series
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.