[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flawyou can't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: greatest.jpg (32 KB, 227x346) Image search: [Google]
greatest.jpg
32 KB, 227x346
Find a flawyou can't.
>>
>>77364907
rape and misoginy
>>
>>77364907

It's overrated as hell, even worse by people who love Heath Legend's Joker. and there's better Joker stories.
>>
The recolor is shit.
>>
File: TKJ.png (16 KB, 1080x150) Image search: [Google]
TKJ.png
16 KB, 1080x150
>>77364907
>>
>>77364907
Literally only remembered because of the final joke.
>>
>>77364907
It's short and only cheaply available as a hardcover.
>>
File: JokerTKJTDK-1.jpg (90 KB, 647x345) Image search: [Google]
JokerTKJTDK-1.jpg
90 KB, 647x345
>>77365322
I agree that it was overly enshrined by fans for too long, but I also honestly think Moore is just being his usual, cynical old self here. Like, I can understand a creator being harsh on his own works, but I have to disagree with his assertion that because Batman and Joker as individuals are larger than life, there's no way any REAL people could ever possibly in any way, shape or form. possibly derive any iota of meaningful context from their interactions, nope it's all just silly licensed funnybook nonsense hohurm. That reeks of Moore's typical perpetual state of booty-blasted at DC and the comics biz in general.

That said though, while I think he voiced it in his own uniquely cunty way, I do have my issues with TKJ. It bothered me because, for the longest time, DC nerds treated its Joker story as definitive, or at least a lot of people misread it that way, despite the whole "multiple choice" angle, and I was just generally worried about the effect of making the Joker even a SMIDGEON sympathetic, because that opens the doors to the sort of simpering idiot fans who're willing to ignore all the awful things a villain does if they're charismatic and tragic enough.

Sure enough, that eventually happened when TDK used the same "multiple choice origin story" angle - not their fault, I really liked the way it was utilized in the story, the way he did it reeked of manipulating sympathy, which also reminded me of his bullshit childhood stories in "Mad Love". But just as I feared, a lot of the worst kind of Joker fans - the dense romantics who identify with Harley, the bitter antisocial edgelords, and the Batman/Joker ARE TOTES GAY 4EVER MWAH fujoshits, all latched on a little too much to this story, and TDK, while missing the point of both: when Batman tells the Joker to stuff it.
>>
>>77365322
Christ Moore is pretentious
>>
>>77365322
He must of had >one bad day.
>>
>>77365053
Indeed. Rape of Jim Gordon is terrible.
>>
>>77365322
For someone who doesn't know the first thing about Moore outside of his graphic novels, is he implying that what he's saying here doesn't go for, say, Watchmen?

Or is he just harping on all capeshit later on?
>>
>>77365911

Fun fact: according to Moore Joker never raped Barbara, and if did rape her he would have raped the bullet hole.
>>
>>77367531
As far as the stories themselves are concerned Moore isn't fond of writing TKJ. He distances himself from Watchmen for other reasons.
>>
>>77367637
Didn't know he distanced himself from Watchmen? Is there a good article for that? My google skills are weak so I just get articles about how he hates the movie.
>>
>>77364907
Alan Moore himself says it sucks.
>>
>>77367531
No there's actually quite a bit of human condition intentionally injected into Watchmen.
TKJ on the other hand really is a character focus thing and attempts to humanize them for DC's sake and little else beyond that. I'm not sure if that makes it flawed, but I do see his point.
>>
>>77365053
Never happened.

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>77365519
Come on Grant, we all know you're better but you don't have to be a dick.
>>
>>77365053
>villain who gleefully indulges in evil does things you consider awful
>this is a flaw
pretty sure that's bait, but otherwise, fuck off.
>>
>>77364907
It's overhyped and the art isn't anything special.
>>
File: moore goodreads.png (86 KB, 652x435) Image search: [Google]
moore goodreads.png
86 KB, 652x435
>>77367657
He recently did a Q&A thing on GoodReads. This was one of the questions and his response.
>>
>>77365053
why are people taking such fucking obvious bait? hell, it might as well be a joke, if not bait
>>
It's hypocritical and dumb to make Barbara getting crippled canon but retcon the end of the comic where Batman kills the Joker.
>>
>>77365322
I kind of agree that TJK doesn't really seem to be saying much or symbolic of anything. I think that even the most fantastical stories should have a human core that means something about normal everyday life. It should have some allegorical elements. TKJ is just sort of a "Batman vs. Joker" story.

>>77369470
It's because even when people can tell that a Tumblrpost is ironic, they still pretend it's serious just so they can get an opportunity to froth at the mouth and whine about it and go all "this place is /co/mblr now oh the humanity"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.