[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles recycles from Super Robot Monkey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Wyrm_being_silly.jpg (264 KB, 2048x1143) Image search: [Google]
Wyrm_being_silly.jpg
264 KB, 2048x1143
So we all know know the latest episode pulled some David Wise bullshit and recycled a script with minimal changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BWFoj2Y0A

Yes, this is shameless as fuck but the more important question, does it matter when the older cartoon is forgotten? Does anyone even remember the Robot Monkeys?
>>
>>77363854
i remember SRMTHFG
>>
>>77363854
I like David Wise references.

And Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go was amazing.
>>
File: David Wise RhinoDVD01.jpg (52 KB, 643x474) Image search: [Google]
David Wise RhinoDVD01.jpg
52 KB, 643x474
>>77363890
>I like David Wise references.
Well the guy is THE recycle bin writer.
>>
Monkey Boiz is better than Turts anyways
>>
Whatever. Chaos God/Evil Genie episodes are all the same shit anyway.
>>
>>77363928
He looks like Dan the Man's retarded cousin.
>>
>>77364116
Yeah but this was the same almost word for word.
>>
>>77363854
That depends, will we get a conclusion for SRMTHFG through this show?
>>
>>77364671
>That depends, will we get a conclusion for SRMTHFG through this show?

No, no we won't, not even a reboot.
>>
>>77363854
Monkey team vs Turtles.
Monkey team is S1 while turtles are S2 of 2K12.
Who wins?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (164 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
164 KB, 768x576
>>77366219
Chiro solos. Nigga can summon a giant green ape to fight with.
>>
>>77366952
Chiro wasn't able to summon the Power Primate for long periods of time is S1 though
>>
Meh. With all the gas cgi and reusing Casey and NY, I'll accept this as a budget saving filled episode if they throw the money saved towards awesome scenes and references later. Judging by last season the next couple episodes will be cheap filler as well, but then we'll get something that makes up for it.
>>
File: TMNT Armageddon.webm (3 MB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
TMNT Armageddon.webm
3 MB, 712x400
I like the part where everyone died.
>>
So, this episode makes 5 references to SRMTHFG in 2K12, right?
>>
You can see the Wigglenog in the TMNT episode for a moment.
>>
>>77367077
Well, we had the super robot on the side of an arcade machine, Skeleton King's head in a video game, The crystal that changes shape based on emotion, the robot insect things, and this ep which is exactly the same as an ep of SRTHFG.
so yeah, five so far
>>
>>77367077
Not to mention some of the voice actors from SRMTHFG are regulars

Hell, Dr. Rockwell sounds exactly like Gibson, and Corey Feldman is Slash/Sparks
>>
>>77367176

And a villain in Super Robo Mecha Force V kinda looked like Skeleton King.
>>
>>77367243
that and Raph and Sparks have both made the comment "Nuttier than a Squirrel's lunchbox"
>>
>>77367294
And they both wished for the anti-genie guns

Also, they both were Goonies
>>
>>77363890

>SRMTHG amazing.
>Fuck-ugly animation and art style.
>Awful scripts and writing.
>Had no idea if it wanted to be an anime satire like Megas or serious.
>>
>>77368664
>animation
yeah it was pretty bad
>art style
suck a dick
>>
>>77363854
I wonder if the production team know they paid full price for a search-and-replace on an old script.
>>
Where's my SRMTHFG platinum game?
>>
>>77363854
I had the feeling the little djinn-looking hologram was a reference to something.
>>
File: holy shit monkeys.jpg (83 KB, 625x427) Image search: [Google]
holy shit monkeys.jpg
83 KB, 625x427
>>77368664
So after I watched the genie episode, I went straight ahead and watched the first episode.

It was really poorly written, you'd think it would be an origin story or at least an introduction to the main characters and what they do but it just seems like you're meant to accept everything as you see it. Instead it's the introduction of the main character's girlfriend, the twist that she is a robot under the control of the bad guy seems like something that would happen in a later episode and the whole thing feels like story arc crammed into one episode.

If the rest of the series is written like this then it really is a terrible show.
>>
>>77371831
the first half of S1 honestly isn't that good.
but once it hits it's stride it's off like a rocket.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.