[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you hyped? Any expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: CTYcKpuUsAE0xbi.jpg (35 KB, 600x890) Image search: [Google]
CTYcKpuUsAE0xbi.jpg
35 KB, 600x890
Are you hyped? Any expectations?
>>
Why would I be excited over a sequel to one of the weaker pixar movies?
Incredibles 2 is a different story though.
>>
>>77357066
If I wanted to see one of my favorite animation directors get fucked over on the big screen, I'd just watch John Carter again. Actually like John Carter, but damn is Disney punishing Stanton for that flopping by forcing this shit on him
>>
>>77358501
The Plant Men died on the vine
>>
>>77357128

>weaker pixar movies

really? when it first came out I remember everyone praising it to the point it was annoying.
>>
desu, no im not
i was going to see it only because i needed something to see with my gf

but we broke up so i have no reason to see it anymore

also, how many times can you lose the same nigga
>>
Was she autistic?
>>
>>77358837
She had short term memory loss. So she was CONSTANTLY forgetting shit.
>>
>>77357066
Why would they come out with this movie. The original finding nemo came out like...13 years ago. People who were BORN when Finding Nemo came out are almost too old to be its target demographic.
>>
>>77360514
Ya, but a lot of those people have kids now or are at the least nostalgic for it
Personally I can't wait for more shitty parents to come to my aquarium shop and try to buy exotic fish they'll kill the same day.
>>
>>77357128
>Finding Nemo
>"One of the weaker Pixar movies"
hooooooly fuck get your head out of your ass

>>77360514
Because Finding Nemo is still very popular amongst children, and a lot of the people who were in the target demo when this movie came out now have their own kids to take it to, meaning it effectively sells to TWO big audiences.
>>
>>77360514
Ellen won't stop bugging them about it.

Also Marlin would be female in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHB8AWnjwc
>>
>>77357066
>>77357128
I'm extremely wary of Pixar now, and have always been wary of sequels. So I'm double wary for the upcoming wave of Pixar sequels.
>>
>>77358837
More like ADD combined with dementia.
>>
>>77357066

I hope Dora drowns.

Yes. You heard me. Drowns.

She's so fucking retarded that'll probably happen.
>>
>Are you hyped?
Nope.
>Any expectations?
Utter crap at worst, profitable mediocrity at best.
>>
No. Dory was annoying as fuck, but I still liked the first movie even with her being incredibly annoying. Dory is not a character that should be focused on too hard.
>>
File: MaterCars.jpg (25 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
MaterCars.jpg
25 KB, 480x300
Of course I'm hyped. Pixar making a movie based around a comic relief character, what could go wrong?
>>
>>77360583

Not that anon, but if you took all the pixar films and ordered them by quality I would definitely agree it'd be in the bottom half, not the upper half.

Does that mean Finding Nemo wasn't good? Since the only actually bad pixar films so far are the cars movies and Brave the answer is obviously no.

But (in my opinion) it's definitely not as good as say, Toy Story 3, Wall-E, UP, and the others in the top half of the list.
>>
>>77358546
That's true of every Pixar movie except maybe Cars 2.
>>
>>77360747
You say this like Nemo himself was the main character of the last movie.

It was Marlin.
>>
>>77357128
Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie, dude.
>>
>>77360809
Cars 2 was objectively better than Cars

Fucking fight me
>>
>>77361245
And yet both films are inferior to any given .webm you may find posted in a rekt thread.
>>
>>77361245
I also like it - it was great parody of Spy movies
>>
File: doracry.png (164 KB, 283x266) Image search: [Google]
doracry.png
164 KB, 283x266
>>77360651
>I hope Dora drowns.
>>
>>77361099
It was definitely better than Toy Story 3. I loved Toy Story 3, but the central plot was a little weak compared to Finding Nemo.
>>
>>77361245
I prefer the "western road trip" aesthetic to the "James Bond parody" aesthetic.
>>
>>77358546
>when it first came out I remember everyone praising it to the point it was annoying.
welcome to every Pixar film ever buddy
>>
>>77361543

>Now stick it in your mouth....shhhh...that's o.k...
>>
File: M-o_wall e.png (64 KB, 300x346) Image search: [Google]
M-o_wall e.png
64 KB, 300x346
I'm more excited for the M-O movie
>>
>>77357066
It seems like a better concept for a sequel that has a chance for some real feels. Not necessarily hyped, but interested.
Why all the hate though? Finding Nemo was at least somewhat well loved. I feel like I've missed something here.
>>
>>77361331
Shit, that's meta-rekt.
>>
>>77362299
See
>>77361111
>>
Finding Nemo was the movie that basically shot Pixar into an untouchable category

It made nearly 1Bn in fucking 2003 compared to Toy Story 2's 500m
>>
>>77361245
It was too different to be an actual sequel to Cars, it would have been better if it was the Big Damn Movie to the Mater's Tall Tales spin-off short films rather than a sequel.
>>
>>77364401
>it would have been better if it was the Big Damn Movie to the Mater's Tall Tales spin-off short films rather than a sequel.

But it was.
>>
>>77364498
And yet they titled, marketed and made it a sequel to Cars instead.
>>
ANDREW STANTON HAS DISGRACED THE ALMIGHTY MOUSE WITH JOHN CARTER

HE MUST BE PUNISHED, ONE OF HIS CHILDREN MUST BE SACRIFICED TO THE NAME OF FRANCHISING

Of course I'm not excited, I couldn’t be less excited for a sequel. Nothing about this sounds interesting.
>>
Trailer here
http://ellentube.com/videos/0-gly53hio/
>>
>>77364677
>ellentube
>>
>>77364677
Hmm.
>>
>>77364677
>not posting youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JNLwlcPBPI
>>
File: 1442104878734.jpg (24 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1442104878734.jpg
24 KB, 512x384
>>77357066

>she just kept swimming...
>>
>>77364754
Wow all those "jokes" are not funny at all
>>
>>77360514
It's all about nostalgia pandering.

If you grew up with Toy Story, Pixar expects you to be in or out of college for TS3 (15 year difference).
Bug's Life 2 was never going to happen, so they did Monsters University 12 years after the original.
Now we get Nemo 2 after 13 years, Incredibles 2 after 15 years, and Cars 3 after 11 years.

You'd have to be stupid to not see what Pixar's doing. At this point they could announce Ratatouille 2 or Wall-E 2, even if they don't have as much franchise appeal.
>>
>>77360514
Nigga it's like you're forgetting that people love Disney/Pixar.
>>
>>77364754
Well I can already tell the emotional base that held the first movie together is completely gone. You just cannot make an audience worry about Dory like you can about Nemo. They lowered the stakes.
>>
Finding Disappointment.
>>
>Finding Nemo
>Not one of Pixar's top five

All these children
>>
>>77360555
Do you get sick of the people who point to any given clownfish and call it a Nemo? Because that seems like something I'd get sick of pretty quickly.
>>
>>77358501
I don't get the hate John Carter got.
>>
>>77365810
Terrible marketing.
No seriously, that was why it flopped. Ask anyone who watched it and they will tell you it's a good film. No one hates it, just the marketing for it was godawful.
>>
>>77357066
no hype
no expectation
>>
>>77365834
I saw it. It was just okay. Not bad, but forgettable.
>>
>>77365714
Unless you try to make it a tragic statement on dementia or Alzheimer's but you know Pixar doesn't have the balls.
>>
if it's not the incredibles 2, i don't care senpai
>>
>>77364754
>they used Robbie William's awful cover of Sinatra's masterpiece
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM FUCKING MAD ABOUT THIS
>>
so did disney take all the talent at pixar and bring them over to disney animation studios or something?
>>
>>77366265
Brad Bird wanted to break out into live action and is mostly working on that now, whilst being an advisor at Pixar.
Lassetter is now spread too thin managing multiple facets of Disney and Pixar.
But the biggest hit Pixar received was when Steve Jobs died. He would not let Disney fuck around with Pixar's movies as much as they do now.
>>
>>77366295
How was Inside Out an SJWfest?
>>
>>77364659
>Stanton will never make Gods of Mars and Warlord of Mars
>ERB Estate will be unable to find anyone willing to try John Carter again as a result of how toxic the brand is to hollywood execs.
>>
>>77365129
I dunno about you, but my ToysRus is loaded with Wall-e crap right now. It's marketable as hell.
>>
>>77366606
Robots sell whodathunk
>>
I'm looking forward to it. I don't think a movie about Dory finding her family isn't a bad idea and should be entertaining. Also from the trailer the Movie will look beautiful.
>>
>>77365969
I can see it potentially happening
>>
>>77357066
I just saw the Trailer.
>>
I can't figure what kind of plot it could have

somehow her incurable disability is magically cured?
>>
It'll be okay
>>
>>77366464
"you should accept your mental illness and embrace it no matter how damaging it might be to yourself and those around you. also doing so will make it magically better"
>>
2000-2005 awesome
2006-2009 sucked
>>
>>77358837
it's a joke about how fish have no attention spans.
>>
>>77357066
After actually seeing the trailer, I figure it might be cool.
Reminds me of The Tigger Movie.
>>
File: 1319860149008.jpg (200 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1319860149008.jpg
200 KB, 816x816
>that lighting
>>
>>77360514
You can't get the average normie to sit and watch some obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw, but Pixar holds serious nostalgia appeal. I went to see Toy Story 3 at a midnight showing and the theater was packed with college students. I overheard a /lot/ of them saying shit like "I totally wouldn't go see a KID'S movie bro but dude, I watched the first one as a kid, I had to go see it".
>>
>Finding Dory
>Dory doesn't get lost
>Instead it's helping Dory find herself and her past

I'm kinda excited. i'm always excited for Pixar movies.
>>
>>77368681
That wasn't what Inside Out was about at all. How could you even pick that up from the movie?
>>
/tv/ here. Guess they were right about /co/. It is Tumblr's runoff board. The entire concept of this film is laughable and shameless easy billion for Pixar. At least Incredibles 2 has some potential since we don't know the plot, but since day 1 when this schlock was announced several years ago, I expected shit and I got shit from this trailer. The only person with sense was this guy >>77365129
>>
>>77369417
Did you read the thread
>>
>>77365793
not him but yeah it's annoying, but can't really blame the kids since it's probably the first time they've seen a real clownfish, but what really pisses me off is when a kid starts banging the glass
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.