[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /co/ hate Robot Chicken again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1000x750
Why does /co/ hate Robot Chicken again?
>>
>>77355016
Humor is really subjective.
Some people really hate populist humor. That makes them dislike the show right off the bat.

It is also a sketch show. Sketch shows are hit and miss by definition. So even if you like the type of humor, you only really like a few sketches an episode.

So even if you have a 50/50 split of people to who the type of humor is compatible, of that 50%, only a few parts of the whole will be enjoyable.

Therefore, any given episode is always going to be generally disliked.
>>
The newest season has been absolute dogshit so far. I just watched all 3 episodes and I can say that literally the only thing to get a laugh out of me was when Seth green and what's his face were on the chairs. And I normally love robot chicken.
>>
It wore out its welcome after maybe 2 seasons.
>>
Too much crude and not enough clever. That said I thought all the Star Wars specials were pretty great.
>>
What's with all the topics today asking "why does /co/ hate [series that /co/ almost never talks about]?"

If we hated Robot Chicken we would have told you. Shit's alright, just far more miss than hiss.
>>
>>77355016
/co/ hates it because it often does comic jokes and since it's pop culture, there's a backlash of "Get out of my secret club"
>>
Nerd Stuff stopped being an excuse to be a Neck Beard. The idea that nerdity can be enjoyed by anyone and that crippling social flaws don't have to go hand in hand with them is hard for some people.

TLDR

The Karate Kid told geeks they were going to get an Elizabeth Shue. They do not. And Cobra Kai enjoys Moon Knight comis.
>>
Because it's fucking awful.
>>
>>77355016
We're apparently too high brow for it.
>>
>>77355016
My personal hate with the recent seasons is that they explain the joke too much.
>>
>>77356631
Worse still is that most of muh secret club, and /co/ in general, are poseres who are either wikifags or MCUcks or just regular dudes who like the idea of comics but don't actually read them. But they still REEEEEEEEEEE at the idea of what they perceive as normies enjoying what they feel only they have a right to enjoy.

>all this projection
>>
Because it's predictable humor.

>>Hey, remember this popular show? Well now the characters are swearing, murdering, doing drugs/alcohol, or so depressed that they are doing suicide.

That's pretty much the show.

Granted, the Star Wars episodes were actually funny.
>>
>>77359871
>doing sucide
Makes it sound super casual. I dig it
>>
>>77355016
It's school playground level humor. Funnily enough a show like Recess is more mature than it.

I find some of the bits amusing, but a lot are misses. And yes...I get the jokes, I just don't find them funny/already heard them 18 years ago.

The dude had an ENTIRE SERIES that was shelved with like 39 completed and episodes or so for the same reason. They never even aired

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Detours
>>
>>77360920
The show we'll never get to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqslieMkcI
>>
>>77355137
/thread
This nigga broke it down
>>
>>77361009
why did this get canned?
>>
>>77361133
Because it was it was literally just Robot Chicken except in CGI and with a budget and only Star Wars.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.