[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This art is atrocious. Who the hell thought the Batgirl artsytle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
This art is atrocious. Who the hell thought the Batgirl artsytle would work for Hellblazer? At least the last Constantine series looked right.
>>
File: Constantine1.jpg (600 KB, 1041x1600) Image search: [Google]
Constantine1.jpg
600 KB, 1041x1600
>>77353837
This is Tumblr-tier art.
>>
>>77354014
>>77353837
Haha, wow
>>
>>77353837
riley rossmo's art is the best part of the book though
>>
>>77354132
Then the book must really suck
>>
>Rossmo
>'tumblr art'
Jesus Christ /co/
>>
It looks fine. Constantine is actually as scrawny as he's described for once
>>
>>77353837
How the hell is this Batgirl/tumblr?
Fucking buzzspeak
>>
>>77354014
>Tumblr-tier art
You mean like "fanfiction-tier writing" in the sense that the only difference is these people are getting regular paychecks for their work?
>>
It looks fine? It's not the OG art, but I'd have figured we've completely moved beyond that point by now.
>>
after reading teen titan comic i feel like this is totally fine. I would rather have more stylished comic that's clean to read then whatever Lobdell makes.
>>
>>77354918
Lobdell is a writer dumbass.
>>
>>77353837
>work for Hellblazer
This isn't Hellblazer. I don't care if it's tacked on the end of the title. Don't call this crap Hellblazer. Hellblazer is good.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (11 KB, 364x365) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
11 KB, 364x365
>>77353837
Bloody christ you are stupid,
>>
I like it quite a bit.
>>
I like how Constantine is the only character that looks "serious". He stands out against the brighter world, which fits the theme of the series. While everyone is ignorant of the world they share with the spirits, Constantine has to carry that burden.
>>
>>77353837
>>77354014
looks pretty good to me
>>
Really?

First some fuckwit bitches about Shaner earlier. Now someone's bitching about Rossmo?

Shit taste abounds today.
>>
>>77354014
I hope Brett Booth is given this book next to serve you idiots right.
>>
>>77354014
Where's his penis?
>>
>>77358746
Shut the fuck up Batgirlish.
>>
I'm always amazed by the sheer level of shit taste capefags have in pretty much everything.
>>
>>77359985
He's covering it with his hand, and also there's probably blood all over it
>>
>>77357003

Go back and look at the art on Garth Ennis' run and tell me how much better the art is. Go back and look at the writing on mike careys run and tell me it's better. You bunch of nostalgia fag pole smokers dont know shit.
>>
>>77360488
They both are better, yes. I don't understand the comparison you're trying to make.
>>
>>77360556

Steve Dillon is shit. He can barely get a characters eyes facing the same direction let alone be considered a decent artist. And mike carey is absolute mediocrity on hellblazer. Tell me what your favorite Steve Dillon issue is and what mike careys run is about and I'll believe your lies.
>>
>>77360488
>tell me how much better the art is
Steve Dillon before he got lazy, he was a great storyteller. It's easy to make fun of Frank face, but in his 2000AD work, Hellblazer, and Preacher he was great

Rossmo's Hellblazer looks worse than his work on Rasputin, but still better than most of the art at DC
>>
>>77360619

Go read dangerous habits or rake at the gates of hell or even the diary of Danny drake one shot. Steve was always shit.
>>
>>77360643
>Steve was always shit.
If you get hung up on the faces. He has a great sense of pacing, which is natural to a lot of the big names that started out at 2000AD since they used to only get 6 pages to tell a story
>>
>>77360690

Too bad hellblazer was 90% faces and dialog scenes. He can communicate motion as well as the next guy, which doesn't make him anything more than mediocre.
>>
>>77360690

>faces aren't important, don't g-get hung up on them!
>>
>>77360740
Good storytellers are more valuable than good illustrators in comics. Otherwise you end up with static messes like Alex Ross

I don't care how cool your splash page is of a bunch of people punching each other if you fail at conveying simple movements
>>
>>77354014
>>77353837
Looks fine to me. It's not knocking my socks off or anything but there's no real problems with it.
>>
>>77360836

I ain't asking for a splash page. Never said anything like that. I'm saying, Steve draws the same pencil head shaped, cross eyed, lazy eyed, brow furrowed face on every man woman and child he has ever drawn. Steve face didn't originate with marvel, it originated with STEVE
>>
File: HB272gloria.jpg (76 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
HB272gloria.jpg
76 KB, 400x324
I miss Camuncoli's art
>>
>>77360643
Dillon only illustrated Rake at the Gates of Hell out of those. Anon doesn't even know what he's talking about lmao
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-10-06-58-24.png (3 MB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-10-06-58-24.png
3 MB, 1200x1920
Jesus, this is like Constantine: Go! or something.
>>
Why would you read Heckblazer anyway?
>>
>>77353837
>>77354014
>>77363873
Wow, guess that had to tone it down for DC You so people wouldn't get triggered.

This looks like a Tumblr webcomic.
>>
>>77363873
That face is literally Squirrel Girl-tier
>>
>>77353837
>Implying they aren't trying to turn John into tumblr fangirl bait.
Seriously, where else the series could go? He lives in that weird twilight zone between popular and niche, so they are going to try to "tumblr-fy" just like everything else.
>>
>>77364228
But he's not muh John anymore and this series would probably trigger Tumblr. Who's the demographic?
>>
>this art

TRASH
R
A
S
H
>>
>>77363959
Don't be ridiculous.
>>
>>77359985
in the future, no man will have such a thing
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.