[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He was a better Batman than Bruce.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: azrael-jeanpaul.jpg (37 KB, 272x320) Image search: [Google]
azrael-jeanpaul.jpg
37 KB, 272x320
He was a better Batman than Bruce.
>>
He wasn't even a better Batman than Jim.
>>
He had the dumbest backstory, worst personality, and the ugliest costume. Worst Batman by far.
>>
He didn't kill The Joker, so no.
>>
Every Batman is better than Bruce
>>
>>77352964
>He didn't kill The Joker

And that is probably the biggest fuck-up.
>>
File: 4cRkr4ml.jpg (84 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
4cRkr4ml.jpg
84 KB, 894x894
What the fuck is that costume even supposed to be

Like, I realize it's supposed to be a parody of 90s comics excess, but... Why a thigh belt? Why a headlight on his chest? How much starch is in that cape to keep it that point? Did the gauntlets need to be that bulky? Is the whole top armor, or just the gold parts? And why gold!?
>>
>>77352813
>>/trash/
>>
>>77353024
>Joker reminds you that if you have to explain the joke, the joke fails.jpg
>>
>>77353024

The thigh belt was done away with. Nobody knows why it was there in the first place. The Azrael costume didn't have one.

The headlight came in handy a few times as its intensity is blinding.

The cape is not cloth, apparently, although just what it IS is never really explained.

The gauntlets WERE based on Azrael's' and were the first part of the armor. Seems useful though.

The whole top is armor (and therefore, it would seem, inconveniently heavy). It's gold because Azrael's armor was gold-colored.
>>
>>77352946
I think the writers agreed with you, which is why he gets his shit kicked in in knightsend.
>>
I'll never understand why you faggots dislike the original Knightfall, or Azbats. It's probably the whole "lol 90s edgy" bullshit.
>>
>>77352813
>>
>>77352813
>that neck light

That is one stupid as hell design decision. Limits neck movement and makes an easy target.

That thing must kill his speed and agility.
>>
>>77353138
Knightfall and Knightsend were both good because they took those 90s tropes and played with them in a way that subverted expectations. Knightsquest was trash because it tried to play everything straight.
>>
>>77353186
>That thing must kill his speed and agility.

This comes up in Knightsend.

The armor severely slowed him down. To the point where Bruce could literally dance around him.

The villains he fought during Knightsquest usually either weren't that smart or relied on gunfire. (which he would just tank in the armor) The few who could actually move (ex: Catwoman) actually gave him a really hard time, but he never put it together that the armor was a burden.
>>
>>77353341
I feel like the whole Knight trilogy was Dixon yelling at the readers "See?! this is why he doesn't fucking use guns and armor."
>>
>>77353203
It did what it supposed to do, show Jean-Pauls descent into madness. It's Spawn type antihero vs traditional Batman, of course the costume is over the top.
>>
>>77353341
The Catwoman issue was freaking great.

He starts getting a crush thinking he's found someone who's worthy of him in terms of martial arts ability. All while not realizing that she isn't THAT good and that he's getting his ass kicked because he can't respond fast enough in the armor.
>>
>>77353433
>"See?! this is why he doesn't fucking use guns and armor."

He does use armor though

His textile armors will stop bullets from an m4 at point blank range

Some of them even resist heat vision blasts fired with killing intent

And that's still out of power armor territory
>>
>>77353474
He uses armor, but intentionally stays away from powered armor or anything that would restrict his movement. (he'll only uses powered stuff in extreme situations)

Bruce is all for increasing the suits tech level but not to the point where he overly relies on it like Jean Paul.
>>
>>77353474
I guess I should have specified that I meant the bulky, edgy armor that everyone wanted in the 90s. The stuff that looks like it was based off an action figure.
>>
>>77353474
This is actually a really interesting character turn that happened in the 90s. After Bruce came back in the Troika story he started incorporating tech into the Batsuit. It was basically a cloth costume up to that point.
>>
>>77353747

Don't diss cloth braw bro

Greeks made high class armor out of that shit, stop an arrow or a sword
>>
>>77353747
I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Precedent is there with the utility belt. Makes perfect sense to Incorporate more things into the suit itself to avoid a year one situation where he loses the belt and almost screws himself.
>>
>>77352813
I'm such a sucker for the full face bat-suit
>>
>>77353877
Well at lot of that has to do with tech advances that have happened over the last few decades.

Things have compacted and shrunk to such an extent that it's much easier to put them in a outfit.
>>
>>77354101
Yeah, it's kinda of crazy just how much the current Batsuit is getting close to the Beyond suit from the DCAU in terms of tech levels.
>>
File: Azrael-bane-3.jpg (35 KB, 473x317) Image search: [Google]
Azrael-bane-3.jpg
35 KB, 473x317
I liked Azbat...
>>
>>77353474
Magic supertough fabrics are not armor. You just casually mention they're nearly indestructible while having all the properties of light textiles and handwave it. Anon meant "armor" as in an armored-looking design.
>>
>>77354158
It's like poetry
>>
>>77354392
>Magic supertough fabrics are not armor

It's just kevlar weave though

The writers just don't know how textile armor works
>>
I really hate how much most writers seem to dislike Azrael. I mean, with a little bit of cleaning up he could have made an interesting addition to Batman's supporting cast. He's a man who was Batman, but ultimately ended up worse off because of it. There's lots you could do with a character like that. Hell, imagine if he was around during that period where Dick took up the mantle.
>>
>>77354559

Yeah

How come Superman got out of his 90s event with additions to his lore and supporting cast but Bats just came away with dick?
>>
>>77354524
They probably do know, it just makes for better comics if you pretend technology works like they say it does. It's been like that since the 40s
>>
File: 01-21-10 01 07.jpg (748 KB, 1280x2016) Image search: [Google]
01-21-10 01 07.jpg
748 KB, 1280x2016
>>77354642

I guess

I mean if you're opening a book with a fatal duel between Batman and Death Man (I still find it silly that DC brought back two different versions of Death Man in the SAME YEAR) you don't really want to go full /k/
>>
>>77354598
Superman has always had a stronger status quo than batman. The bat family has been constantly evolving for the past 30 years, and superman had largely remained the platonic icon.
>>
File: 250px-Supesredblue.jpg (47 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
250px-Supesredblue.jpg
47 KB, 250x374
>>77354598
Superman is faster, so it took bad decisions and bad writing almost 10 years to catch up with him, and he got his red AND blue electric jammies.
>>
>>77354524
No body armor is ever gonna stop an M4 bullet at point blank range.
>>
>>77356233
Batman's can.
>>
>>77356278
That's not body armor. It's
plot armor.
That stops everything.
>>
>>77353024
If you understand it's supposed to be a 90s parody you wouldn't ask these dumb-ass questions.

Unnecessary accessories like thigh pouches, bulky armor shit, spikes and giant capes and chains, that was all super 90s stuff.

The suit is a perfect parody of the XTREME 90s look.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.