[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How He-Man could bacame so popular? When I was a kid this sh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: he.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
he.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
How He-Man could bacame so popular? When I was a kid this show was so fucking boring for me and I couldn't for ending because after He-Man there was Inspector Gadget.
Animation is shit, very static and poorly drawn, no even cool visual effects
Dialogues are shit, very cheesy and cringeworthy
Plot is boring and not exciting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZIiX80O7w
>>
It had naked buff dudes.

Most white males are closet gay by birth, thats a scientific fact.
>>
Because you are an idiot Masters of the Universe is one of the most awesome Fantasy franchises ever created. Barbarians, dinosaurs, dragons, trolls goblins, snake men, combined with cyborg, aliens and advanced technology. Basically it has everything.
>>
>>77347277
I always preferred Thundarr desu.
>>
>>77347271
This. Where do you thînk the insecurity over white women fucking other races comes from?

Jealousy
>>
>>77347277
>Barbarians, dinosaurs, dragons, trolls goblins, snake men, combined with cyborg, aliens and advanced technology

It's amazing how this show made all of this cool stuff so boring and lame
>>
>>77347288
Thundarr never had the diversity of MOTU, and Eternia is a much more interesting world instead of a futuristic post apocalyptic Earth.
>>
>>77347321
The show was not so good, but the comics and the mini comics by Alfredo Alcala were fantastic!
>>
Skeletor, duh
>>
>>77347216
That is to say that you found it monotonous? The viewing of such show brought you agony? The stories were for the likes of those that would be entertained by the drying of paint or the growing of grass?

I'm making fun of you for being repetitive.
>>
>>77347321
Tell me if there is another world that combined so different elements together. From Edgar Rice Burroughs, to Robert Howard, to Star Wars
>>
>>77347324
>>Eternia is a much more interesting world instead of a futuristic post apocalyptic Earth.

Subjective, but I'll admit I never really watched enough He-Man to get into the worldbuilding or lore or whatever. It just always seemed a bit generic to me. But the idea of doing postapocalyptic in a kids cartoon stuck out as unique to me.

>>Thundarr never had the diversity of MOTU
Bullshit. Between Jack Kirby and Alex Toth on character designs, that show looked leagues better than MOTU, with new shit showing up every week. Super science and sorcery summoning mutants wins by a mile.

ALSO Thundarr had the better sword. There. I said it.
>>
>>77347506
If you don't know the Masters of the Universe, then better not making foolish comments, because Eternia was a post apocalyptic world. Just it wasn't Earth.

And Thundarr may have the better Sword, but He-Man had the better Battle Axe. And Axes are more cool than swords.
>>
>>77347466
Thundercats
>>
>>77347466
See, THIS looks really cool. But of the show, the only memories I have is myself changing the channel every time it was on. It was really boring and dull.
>>
>>77347818
Indeed Thundercats share a lot of different elements. But MOTU is a far more mystical world. And Eternia has already a race of actual humanoid cats called Qadians and their badass leader Chief Carnivus!
>>
>>77347905
But this is the REAL Eternia! A far darker and awesome world, than the watered-down Filmation version!
>>
>>77347982
Uh, yeah, that's what I mean.
>>
>>77347216
the 2003 reboot series was actually really good, sadly it got cancelled due the toys not selling which it was inevitable since the collectors only care for the oldschool type of Master of the universe toys, i hated that they didn't got to the Ordak arc and we never got to see how their version of She-ra would had been
>>
>>77347216
He-Man is your friend
Unlike Google Translate
>>
>>77347321
I never viewed He-Man as boring
It was too goofy and outlandish to be boring
>>
>>77349025
It was 2002
His name is Hordak
And it really wasn't that great
>>
>>77349025
Do you think that they will make cgi reboot of He-Man?
>>
>>77347321
>It's amazing how this show made all of this cool stuff so boring and lame

Tell me about it. Having a queer prince act as a secret superhero barbarian is not a bad choice but is questionable. On the other hand, having his trusty war animal and mage jester be annoying Hanna Barbera sidekicks was a terrible idea. Also, the action was too slapstick and cartoony.
>>
>>77349107
no, they cant even get the movie off the ground (which is in development hell for like 10 years now)
>>
>>77349084
o it aired in the 2003 in my country which i t makes sense because back in the day we used to get everything late, i did forgot about how Hordak is spelled and what did you don't like about the series, it seem like the perfect compromise between been a homage of the best aspects of the original series while having his own unique spin on things, also Skeletor's new origin was sick as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2yuCc5c-I
>>
>>77349434
>Implying we needed an explanation for is Skull face
I'm really not seeing you're seeing.
Also, if they wanted to make this a more serious show, why did they keep Skeletor's old voice?
>>
>>77349084
Actually it was a great series! The second season with the Snake Men and King Hsss was superb, and King Grayskull's episode was an award nominated story!
>>
>>77349482
Skeletor's Origin was great! Making him Adam's uncle and legitimate ruler of Eternia, added a lot more layers to his character, and created a Loki/Thor dynamic between him and He-Man!
>>
>>77349482
because it wasn't trying to be super serious or fully funny, it was trying to strike a balance between both, you can argue if it succeed or not, but i personally appreciated the effort
>>
>>77349482
Skeletor's voice is so iconic just like Cobra Commander's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zloWEvRDhgI
>>
it had an awesome toy line

that was pretty much it
>>
>>77349142
He-Man wasn't supposed to be royalty, but a barbarian tribesman. If Filmation was remained faithful to the Origin of the character, it would be a much better cartoon.
>>
>>77349434
those are some nice sword katas for a pair of beefy barbarians
>>
>>77349579
And a current awesome comic book series pubblished by DC!
>>
>>77349748
i like that arstyle, is it worth reading?
>>
>>77349535
Yeah but you can't compete with Alan Oppenheimer's Skeletor.
I'd prefer they just try a different voice instead of trying to recreate what can't be recreated.
>>
>>77349789
Believe me it's worthy.
>>
File: 8775685.png (358 KB, 624x448) Image search: [Google]
8775685.png
358 KB, 624x448
>>77347216
>>
File: Frombehind.jpg (23 KB, 611x426) Image search: [Google]
Frombehind.jpg
23 KB, 611x426
Rate my OTP!
On a scale of 10 to 10 how perfect is it?
>>
>>77349855
How did you know?
>>
File: he died for our MYAH.jpg (553 KB, 1280x1678) Image search: [Google]
he died for our MYAH.jpg
553 KB, 1280x1678
>>77349902
I give it a MYAH/out of 10 would MYAH again
>>
>>77347216
Did they rerun this at all in the 90s?
>>
>>77349968
can't speak for NA but here in latino america they aired the dub a lot in the mid 90's
>>
>>77349482
In original comic Skeletor was from dimension were everybody have skullface

Is it better?
>>
>>77350092
>In the original comics, Skeletor was from a dimension where everybody had a skullface

>Is that better?
FTFY
And meh, I just like the idea of it never being explained.
>>
>>77350092
Officially now Skeletor is Keldor, Randor's half brother and He-Man's uncle, that after tried to kill his brother, he was wounded and then transformed by Hordak's dark magic to the old bone face.
>>
File: He-Man-MOTU-19-Print-9a6c5.jpg (288 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
He-Man-MOTU-19-Print-9a6c5.jpg
288 KB, 900x1384
>>77350092
>>
>>77347216
Inspector Gadget was boring shit compared to He-Man
>>
>>77347311
Fun fact, we don't even like fucking your women that much, we just do it out of pity and to mess with their heads. White women are the skankiest lays I've ever had but it was worth it for the lulz afterwards.
>>
>>77347271
>Most white males are closet gay by birth, thats a scientific fact.
And the ones that aren't like to fuck little 5yo girls in Thailand or have withered little worm dicks. No wonder white women crave the BBC.
>>
I haven't been able to keep up with the Eternity War storyline, does anyone have all the issues on torrent.
>>
>>77350732
You can get them via Comixology:

https://www.comixology.com/He-Man-The-Eternity-War-2014/comics-series/35102
>>
>>77350872
if he had money to buy comics i doubt he would had asked for a torrent, i found most of the issues one by one on kickass torrents, there is one with the first 10 issues together but i haven't' tested if it is still seeding
>>
which comics are worth reading
>>
File: 2985135-he+0.jpg (52 KB, 416x640) Image search: [Google]
2985135-he+0.jpg
52 KB, 416x640
>>77351042
Dan Abnett's run is the best so far. It begins with issue #7 of the previous ongoing. But in order to understand what's going on, you better start with the 1 issue of the same series.
>>
File: skeletor is not nice.jpg (24 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
skeletor is not nice.jpg
24 KB, 500x358
>>77347216

I honestly think He-Man is boring but it has Skeletor so it's all good.
>>
>>77351174
>That whole scene where the kids try to explain Christmas to Skeletor
I love it when Villains are so evil that they can barely comprehend anything good.
>>
>>77351124
okay i'll try that
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.