[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Model sheet specifically says to avoid drawing Spongebob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: spongebob model.png (799 KB, 784x876) Image search: [Google]
spongebob model.png
799 KB, 784x876
>Model sheet specifically says to avoid drawing Spongebob like a stiff box
>Draws Spongebob like a stiff fucking box.
>>
there is some slight curvature in that screenshot though.
>>
Remember the time a board artist came into a live thread about new Spongebob and got butthurt that everyone bashed it?
>>
>>77345947
I probably could have found a better screenshot, but even then, it's too slight and makes him look stiff. There are episodes where he is literally a walking block.
>>
File: spongebob compare.png (516 KB, 514x259) Image search: [Google]
spongebob compare.png
516 KB, 514x259
Here's a better one.
>>
>>77346027
yeah i can see the problem with perspective, 2014 is too lazy
>>
>>77346048
They don't think they are at all though. One came to this thread once and whined that we all called the show lazy.

He used an anology that if you could draw an "okay" motorcycle in three days, or a "great" motorcycle in a week, that it's easier to do the former. Which is why the show is so bad now.
>>
>>77346083
It's not surprising to hear that not only are they specifically settling for "good enough", but trying to justify it as the right thing to do.

The writing and animation is only getting worse, the character designs are only getting uglier, the voice acting is only getting more grating, Hillenburg came back and there still is no sign of improvement.
It's nothing but a dried up toy commercial. There's no saving it at this point.
>>
>>77346154
I remember hearing rumors about Hillenburg coming back. Is he actually credited in new episodes besides the mandatory creator/producer credit?
>>
>>77346154

>Hillenburg came back and there still is no sign of improvement

Are there idiots who actually thought that the creator would magically make things better? Hillenburg can't just instantly make the writing good, artstyle better, return to traditional animation, bring back the old staff, make all post movie garbage disappear, or stop the execs from making retarded decisions.
>>
>>77346252
Not instantly, but I figured there'd be a gradual increase over time.
>>
>>77345984
I remember that. It was weird because he got personally offended that we didn't like it, despite him saying that he only draws like that because it's what they want.
>>
>>77346188
>>77346252
Read somewhere that it's because of the angry parents writing letters that made Spongebob die in 2004. Haven't had a good episode since then.
>>
>>77349201
They were complaining about him supposedly being gay, right?

Ironic seeing he's now so unsubtly flaming in the newer episodes.
>>
>>77345984

When was this?
>>
>>77352092
A year ago or so. He specializes in grotesque drawings and was mad people thought it was too much for this show.
>>
>>77353039
Is he the guy who did those disgusting faces from Face Freeze? I saw model sheets for those while googling up Spongebob references.
>>
>>77353498
That was the guy
>>
>>77345984
>Remember the time a board artist came into a live thread about new Spongebob and everyone got butthurt about what he had to say
ftfy

I was there, you can make up all the shit you want but /co/ got told the fuck off that day
>>
>>77353884
I was there and he was delusional and/or hysterical.
>>
>>77353922
Got any screens or examples? I gotta see this shit.
>>
>>77353884
Are you him?

Because he kept taking comments that specified they know he was just doing what was asked of him as personal attacks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.