[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Sabretooth What exactly is this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: sabretooth.png (592 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
sabretooth.png
592 KB, 500x458
What are your thoughts on Sabretooth

What exactly is this guy? The Stronger, Faster and more ferocious Wolverine? but this nigga is a serious fucking jobber. what exactly is his role? Poor guy, literally an anime boss where he beats Wolverine to pulp only to leave him alive so he could be beat the next time they fight
>>
My favorite Sabretooth pic is the one with r63 Sabretooth and r63 Wolverine about to fight.
That is the extent of my opinion on Sabretooth.
>>
I like his design. Since I don't read Wolverine, I know eeeh, not much about his history. I know he's supposed to be Wolverine without morals and shit.
He jobs because he has healing. That's Wolverine's role in X-Men, anyway.
>>
>>77345519
>What exactly is this guy? The Stronger, Faster and more ferocious Wolverine? but this nigga is a serious fucking jobber. what exactly is his role? Poor guy, literally an anime boss where he beats Wolverine to pulp only to leave him alive so he could be beat the next time they fight

Sabretooth, like so many villains, has a great design and gimmick, but has simply overstayed his welcome.

Logan and him have had a battle to the death that will "change everything forever for the the final time" about a dozen times too many.

In another era it would have been cool to see him rotate around the Marvel universe, fighting other heroes, but now that the x-men are persona non grata, he's better left on a shelf somewhere, collecting dust until he has accrued some value.
>>
File: tumblr_mw42vxmBIT1silarro1_500.jpg (64 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw42vxmBIT1silarro1_500.jpg
64 KB, 500x750
>>77345561
>That is the extent of my opinion on Sabretooth.

Hey babe, ya wanna kill all humans?
>>
>>77345584
This, the thing about long runni g characters, heroes or villians, is that they become sympathetic over time. Sabertooth, in the 80s and 90s was a murderous psycho badass who could take out the entire x-team by himself. Then he was an x-man for a while, and had this fatherhood thing with blink in aoa and exiles, he became neutered because people wanted to see his softer side.
>>
>>77345630
He's good now. Cyclops is one killing humans.
>>
didn't they hype him being a logan replacement
then x-23 is now wolverine
did they already canned him being a good guy?
cause carnage is back being a villain
>>
>>77345698
>cause carnage is back being a villain
;_:
>>
iirc there was a deleted scene in DoFP with a Sentinel blasting Wolverine with their beams only for Wolverine to heal it all up as Blink is watching, Logan would go "Dont worry, Im okay kid" and Blink would say "I've seen that before"
>>
He's on a new X-men team now
>>
File: 5G7Fi.png (368 KB, 312x468) Image search: [Google]
5G7Fi.png
368 KB, 312x468
>>77345686
>Cyclops is one killing humans.

teehee, we can all kill flatscans together!
>>
>>77345698
I dimly recall that Sabretooth is announced as moral center of Uncanny X-Men.
Because, obviously, rest of team is bunch of cackling Sivana clones.
>>
>>77345698
he is a good guy, it was last seem in deadpool #1 being good ( which mean he regrets helping deadpool to kill his parents ).

Wait until January to see him in uncanny x-men
>>
>>77345561
Post it plox.
>>
>>77345561
>>77345630
>>77345746
Ash Ketchum liked.
>>
>>77345790
Did it get pushed back? I thought it was December
>>
File: sabretooth.jpg (720 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
sabretooth.jpg
720 KB, 810x1080
>>77345882
I can't find the one were they're in the pic together, but here is Sabretooth.
>>
File: wolverine.jpg (658 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
wolverine.jpg
658 KB, 810x1080
>>77345882
And here's Wolverine as a bonus.
>>
Of all the inverted, Sabretooth was the one that intrigued me the most. A guy notorious for straight torture and murder and constantly bellowing he's better than Logan, I wanted to see him prove it. I'm glad 616 Wolverine is dead, I got a great prize out of this.
>>
Sabretooth falls into my favorite villain archetype, which is "blue collar idiot with high tier powers he never does anything of note with".
>>
>>77345963
Yep, all X-books are pushed back.
>>
>>77345963
yes, they need to pander for the inhumans first.

>people read inhuman and say they are the best
>drop x-men
>low x-men sales
>marvel finally drops the x-men by saying they dont sell
>>
He's around just to be hated. Nigga eats kittens, man.
>>
>>77346096
Good. That means no more half hearted X-men comics being churned out.

Are inhumans a near complete replacement for X-men yet though? Are people they being screamed at for being Moonies?
>>
>>77346378
Funnily enough when he got Daken killed too bad it's not for long. God, I hate Daken.]/spoiler] he became one of my favourite Marvel villains.
>>
>>77346032
>high tier powers
he's just got slight superstrenght and regen. He's street level shit
>>
File: 10mmsza.jpg (403 KB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
10mmsza.jpg
403 KB, 988x1500
This page explains what Sabretooth should be like and nothing more.
>>
>>77346407
Yes.
>>
>>77346096
>X-Men
>Won't sell
Get your fucking head out of your ass
>>
I remember being a bit confused when he teamed up with Mystique under Aaron's (?) run, and seemed very sophisticated (or, domesticated). It felt wrong for a character always known for being so feral. I dropped Marvel after that, but was anything ever done with it?
>>
>>77346444
Nice traps. I like the idea that they've always run with. That Sabretooth really only stays a villain cause that's all he knows and he hates Logan for overcoming their Weapon X programming. I like that in every universe as soon as Logan dies Sabretooth usually takes up the burden of being a hero because with that hatred gone he can finally grow past his killer instincts.
>>
>>77346511
Wolverine and the X-Men? Hellfire Acaddemy for idiots? Everything was wrecked by Quire and Oya. Mystique and Sabretooth run away.
>>
>>77346547
How did the character progression go though?

Even >>77346444 he showed more "maturity" than simple gut & slash. Has he reverted to 90s characterization or has there been any plot points since?
>>
>>77346582
>How did the character progression go though?
I didn't like that book so my memory is bit clouded.
>>
>>77346444
This is my favorite kind of Sabrertooth. Mostly, he's just a guy doing what he has to do to get by. But once a year, he makes a special trip to beat the fuck out of Wolverine.

Happy Birthday, runt.
>>
his theme was alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsX-RSr5p9g
omega red's was better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OKOAWDNCYE
>>
>>77345519
I hope you aren't only reading him in "wolverine" rags. Wolverine sucks the life out of all characters connected to him. You should read Sabretooth's mini series, at least read 'Death Hunt' if you haven't already.

Here is a link to a small Sabretooth archive.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/d42f4z6c056ce/Sabretooth
>>
>>77345646
>he became neutered because people wanted to see his softer side.

No, he became neutered after Marvel chickened out on their plans to redeem Creed. See, just before Age of Apocalypse Larry Hama wrote the story where Wolverine finally beat Sabretooth and lobotomized him, it was meant to cure him of his bloodlust and thus became redeemable, that was why they did AoA Creed as a good guy, as he would have started from a clean slate. But then Marvel got cold feet, turned him into a villain again, but as he had already lost his main gimmick, with time he just became a jobber because the following writers couldn't really decide what to do with him. Tieri tried to emphasize the trolling license to kill serial killer working for the government but that didn't stick.

>>77346511
Creed has been crudely sophisticated when he's not on a job and chilling at his many luxury cribs since the 90s when he started to get developed as a character. There's rarely just any reason to show it. He's a nice neighbor and everything.
>>
>>77347015
>with time he just became a jobber because the following writers couldn't really decide what to do with him.

Before his redemption attempt he was used as "the bully/evil male" for self insert and grrrl power storylines. He was beaten by BLACK CAT of all people to boost her 'indipendent woman" rep. It got bad when wolverine started beating him. Then came jean grey, then jubilee, then gambit...

In my opinion he was at his best at the start of the redemption storyline. He was a shity guy and he knew it, but there was something behind all of it. He was like an HBO protagonist.
>>
>>77345519
I like Omega Red better, too bad they both always get their asses kicked.
>>
>>77347555
I like his personality, but I still can't get over how stupid his origin is.

Want to make a criminal a super-soldier to not waste valuable soldiers? Fine. Find a thief or a gangster smart enough to play ball but not smart enough to become too high-ranking to be powerful and uncontrollable.

Don't give a goddamn serial killer super-powers.
>>
>>77346515
This. It is a constant with him. Very few characters are like that.
>>
>>77345519
I lost all interest in Sabertooth when they made a huge deal about killing him off For Realz and he was back five issues later. Same with Daken.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.