[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tried to research Empire Stirkes Back, but couldn't take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: STWARS2015002-int2-2-fe876.jpg (243 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
STWARS2015002-int2-2-fe876.jpg
243 KB, 900x1366
Tried to research Empire Stirkes Back, but couldn't take the final scenes seriously because I remembered this page. It sucked the film of any meaning. What was the point of Luke and Vader fighting? They've done it before. By the time the comic is over, the ESB fight will probably be the 2,000th time they've faced.
>>
>>77344640
Did you actually read any pages from that comic other than the one you posted?

Because that wasn't a fight.
>>
Still trying to push this like anyone else cares?
>>
>>77344640
I'm sorry that you can't enjoy a movie because of the tie-in comic book. You have my pity.
>>
There's never any implication in Empire that its the first time Vader and Luke've met in person.

The duel at Cloud City is still when Vader reveals to Luke that he's his father; if anything, how Vader finds that out is a pretty damn logical thing for a tie in comic to cover.
>>
>>77344640
>What is Splinter of the Mind's Eye

>>77344916
He finds out in the actual movie.
>>
>>77344916
>There's never any implication in Empire that its the first time Vader and Luke've met in person.
Where could they have met before?
>>
>>77344926
The books that were canon.
>>
It's just one guy posting it over and over again, right?

Give up, man, nobody will hate it as much as you.
>>
why are Star Wars fans so autistic
>>
>>77344953
I'm surprised he acts like this is a greater insult to the original trilogy than the prequels.
>>
File: SplinteroftheMindsEye_4[1].jpg (765 KB, 1278x1969) Image search: [Google]
SplinteroftheMindsEye_4[1].jpg
765 KB, 1278x1969
>>77344926
>Where could they have met before?

In Splinter of the Mind's Eye. While, as I recall, it was relegated to the realm of apocrypha long before the last EU schism, it was really the only other Star Wars story in existence when Lucas & Kasdan were writing ESB, and that it would one day be overwritten was not yet decided. Vader's statement about Obi-Wan not being able to help Luke this time rings more true as a reference to SotME (where he basically possessed Luke and saved his ass) than the Trench Run, where Vader's knowledge of Obi-Wan's advice to Luke seems dubious.
>>
>>77344640
>It sucked the film of any meaning
Bullshit, OP. Bullshit.
>>
Every day until you hate it.
>>
>>77344640
Not you again....
>>
>>77344921
>He finds out in the actual movie.
Nope, you should really read the Darth Vader comic.

It plays it really well, Vader already knew before Palpatine told him and was positioning to obtain him so he can take over himself.

You have to remember something important, Luke really was famous, he was the hero that destroyed the Death Star, its simply not possible for Vader not to have heard his name between ANH and ESB.
>>
>>77344719
he'll try until the end of time

but if nobody bites he'll make a simpsons thread instead
>>
>>77345047
it's more likely that Vader was, you know, talking about that time Obi Wan sacrificed himself so the others could escape
>>
>>77344640
>Tried to research Empire Stirkes Back
guess your paper won't be in on time then. Maybe next year, you'll pass.
>>
>>77346494
Did you already forget about that moment the Emperor flat out tells Vader that Luke is the son of Anakin Skywalker?
>>
>>77344640
really? you can't enjoy a movie anymore because of a tie-in comic strip that was written over 30 years later by by an entirely different person?

are you autistic?
>>
This has happened before, you know that, right?

Splinter of the Mind's Eye was one of the first pieces of Star Wars media outside of the film, and its climax involved Luke, and even Leia for a very short time, crossing blades with Darth Vader. And that duel was far more intense than the "duel" in depicted in these comics, which was little more than their lightsabers meeting once or twice, followed by Vader knocking Luke down.

In either case, the fact that they had met previously does little to dilute their first 'real' duel in my opinion, and in the opinions of most people who read Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Most of all though, stop trying to push this like it's something new. This was a thing since 1978. They're just doing it differently here for the new canon.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.