[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>control freak >thinks she knows the best way to deal with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 900x506
>control freak
>thinks she knows the best way to deal with problems
>constantly meddling and interfering with everything
>treats everyone like shit because of her mistaken interpretation of what it means to acquire happiness
>her constant controlling leads Riley to having a breakdown because of her emotional imbalance
>is willing to lie to get what she wants
>blames getting sucked into long-term memory on Sadness, because she is a narcissist who can do no wrong
>will even straight up abandon a companion to get her own way
Why do people like her again?
>>
>>77344195
she is cute
>>
>>77344204
How can anyone retrospectively find her cute when they have knowledge of her fucking craziness

Honestly if Joy had her way when Riley hits puberty Riley would be a total whore, fucking every phallic object and penis she came into contact with.
>>
>>77344225
>Look guys, this here is a dick. And when we put it inside of us, we feel good. We ENJOY it. And because enjoy has Joy in it, and I am called Joy, and I am the embodiment of happiness, it makes Riley happy so we're going to have at least one dick a day.
>>
The point of the movie is that, despite her good intentions, she didn't understand that short term happiness isn't always the best way to go about things.
>>
>>77344225
Joy gave up total control at the end of the movie. So Riley can be anything. Even a whore or a robot, or a feminist. Or everything at once like the average crazy western woman.
>>
>>77344438
The point of the movie is that as kids emotionally mature, they spend less time seeking concrete versions of happiness such as "acquire object = acquire happiness"band they begin to understand and abstract the concept of happiness. It was Riley herself realizing that it's ok to be sad.

It's why her abstract thought area was under construction. When Sadness and Joy passed through it, she was thinking about the emotions in abstract terms, but Riley's other three emotions were not yet abstracted by her since they were governing her thought processes, which is why she thought ultimately running away would be the best option to acquire happiness.
>>
>>77344195
Problem is she's the only positive emotion.
So technically she should be fighting to control all others.
And Sadness is her direct opposition.
>>
>>77344620
She's not. All the emotions have positive aspects. They also have negatives, for example mindlessly seeking happiness can lead to emotional imbalance because a person loses their priorities and understanding of what really makes them happy. That's exactly what Joy did to Riley because Joy didn't understand that happiness is a result of achieving emotional equilibrium.
>>
>>77344646
what's the positive of disgust?
>>
>>77344646
This.

Sadness is an important emotion because the film showed her as the only emotion who gave a shit beyond their own immediate needs. Joy tried to cheer Bing Bong only because she needed his help and he was unable to in his current state. Sadness empathised with Bing Bong and cheered him up purely because she actually have a shit about him.
>>
>>77344725
To make Riley avoid things she wasn't compatible with and to develop her as an individual. It's why Disgust was a exaggerated teen because teens are usually the period of a person's life where they genuinely develop their own identity.
>>
>>77344646

I don't feel like that came across very well. I mean, I get it's a kids movie primarily but "no you totally need sadness" and "you need all the emotions working together to be healthy" was hard for me to appreciate if Sadness spent the majority of the movie being a shit.
>>
>>77344195
she the job that was assigned to her
the one at fault were mostly the parents, they relied on riley to be happy so that THEY can be happy about the moving. They wanted her to become a stepford smiler, which resulted in joy coming to the conclusion that happiness, in the end of the day, is the only real emotion she has to feel
>>
>>77344919
What? Joy was a control freak when Riley was less than a minute old. It was the "bundle of joy" shit the dad said that fed Joy's ego to the point that she felt she was hot shit.
>>
>>77344195
You forgot to mention she She straight up murdered a woman in cloud city
>>
>>77344725
It protects you from being 'poisoned'. Your disgust keeps you from putting up with things you don't need or want, like poison, bitchy people, and niggers.
>>
>>77345085
meant for
>>77345059
>>
>>77344195
>Emotions has emotions other then that emotions they represent
How does that work
>>
>>77345085
>>77345097
you don't need to be black to be a nigger, anon.
>>
>>77345109
Still racist and ignorant.
>>
>>77345040
It was the constant affirmation from the parents that she needed to be happy for their sake that really hammered it home for Joy. In retrospect, that's not a healthy way to parent.
>>
>>77345085
>>77345097
#triggered
>>
>>77344195
But she doesn't even exist. She's just a clever visual metaphor used to personify the abstract concept of thought.
>>
>>77345119
Are you saying white people can't be niggers?
That sounds pretty racist and ignorant to me, in my opinion, honestly.
>>
>>77345119
Honestly, his definition of 'nigger' could be considered less racist than your especially narrow minded one.
Niggers dont have to be black, anon. Quit being racist, there are niggers in all races.
>>
File: mister macman.jpg (30 KB, 455x304) Image search: [Google]
mister macman.jpg
30 KB, 455x304
Sounds like a great person!
>>
>>77345166
>>77345167
No one has a ever referred to whites as a nigger seriously besides epic white teenagers on the internet. Quit being autistic.
>>
>>77344195
Sounds exactly like a Tumblertard Femishit, Millennial cunt
>>
>>77345123
That only happened once in the whole film. It's typical parent shit. If the dad knew his daughter was miserable that would be the straw that broke the camel's back regarding the move.

I think that Riley, because of Joy's constant meddling with Riley's emotions, made her parents project permanent happiness unto her, which then made Riley think she had to be happy at all times, which further encouraged Joy to meddle, compounding the issue into a cycle of deterioation and eventually it came to a head.
>>
>>77345215
Could you take your triggers elsewhere please? This is /co/, not tumblr. Thanks.
>>
>>77344814
She was actually doing the right thing from start but was stopped by Joy.
>>
File: 1443906673726.jpg (14 KB, 202x312) Image search: [Google]
1443906673726.jpg
14 KB, 202x312
>>77345265
>implying we arent
>>
>>77344195
>Why do people like her again?
Because by the end of the movie she stopped being a control freak. The whole movie was about Riley and the emotions becoming more complex.
>>
Sadness was a bitch and needed to die.
>>
>>77345401
Sadness kept trying to interfere because "Shit, Riley is in dire need of some help right now." and the other emotions gave her a real hard time because they were all retarded. I felt sorry for Sadness.
>>
>>77345485
My dad saw this movie and told me he wanted to punt her into the black void himself.
>>
>>77345581
I don't understand why everyone dotes on Joy but gives Sadness a hard time despite the film showing that Joy is the real shit and Sadness is actually the only one trying to get shit done for Riley's sake
>>
>>77345610
they were both shit in their own way and the only time they weren't detrimental to their host was when they were acting together at the end.
>>
Why didn't Joy use a cloud from Cloudtown to get to headquarters faster?
>>
>>77345610
I think it's just the fact that people don't like to be sad. Because people don't like their own sadness, so they project.
>>
File: becauseshutup.jpg (44 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
becauseshutup.jpg
44 KB, 500x381
>>77345637
>>
>>77345163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRHL5drAkOE
This part is better than this entire movie
>>
>>77345635
Sadness was literally the only emotion not causing her host severe psychological imbalance and trauma.
>>
>>77345637
Something would happen and it would fail. The point is that what she needed to return was not a way to come back but realize that this is the appropriate moment for Riley to feel sad and be willing to let Sadness do what she needs to do. Any sounding plan failed miserably while the most absurd plan worked once she realized this.
>>
>>77345697
save for the fact that she had an uncontrollable urge to make every moment/memory sad for no reason. sadness on her own had no direct benefit.
>>
>>77345163
One more crack like that and youre outta here!
>>
>>77344195
She learns from her mistakes.

That makes her a good protagonist.
>>
>>77345697
She is the one responsible to clean up when things go wrong.

If people don't like to feel sad why do they watch movies that make them cry? Why all we care isn't just comedies and films containing drama or tragedies are seen as bad? Sadness is part of the clean up and in the movie also was part of the empathy.
>>
>>77345739
Riley was passing through a bad period of her life. Memories that once were happy now are lost in the past, this is why Sadness feel the urge to touch the memory and why the memory turned blue but when other emotions touch the memories they don't change color.

Riley life changed and things suck so Sadness was needed for the clean up.

There should be subtitles for people unable to read between the lines.
>>
>>77345739
>she had an uncontrollable urge to make every moment/memory sad for no reason.
Riley was sad about her move. It's only natural for her happy memories from Minnesota to become sad. When Riley was talking about ice skating in class she started getting sad remembering it and that's why Sadness wanted to change the memory.
>>
>>77345816
Also because Joy was forcing Riley to repress her sadness by trying to compensate it with more joy. Which made Riley sadder. A memory has a context depending on the mood of the person remebering it. Recalling the past made Riley sad, which is her calling for help to make her present happier. Joy didn't understand this and it's why Riley's years of sadness-suppression backfired and made her depressed and apathetic and she has an existential crisis which is depicted by her losing her islands of personality.

It's literally all Joy's fault, because Riley needed context for her memories and personality by being demonstrated through people showing her compassion and understanding.
>>
>>77345829
>>77345816
she didn't get sad until sadness touched those memories though. if sadness had abstained from interfering nothing would have gone wrong.
>>
>>77345917
She got sad because sadness is what she is supposed to feel in these situations. This was perfectly healthy. The problem is that she tried to suppress that and this is why everything went down.
>>
>>77345917
That's because Riley is SUPPOSED to get sad during that time, because she needs help. Remember when Riley is about to slide down the railing? Riley stops herself because she fucking hates San Francisco and having fun would make her mother think everything is ok, which it wasn't.

Anger even points out to Joy that there's no reason for Riley to be happy right now, which is true. Then Riley's mother, none the wiser to Riley's true feelings, thanks her for staying "happy". Riley answering "No problem" is a lie and you can see that Riley's smile is not a sincere one.

The whole point to all this is that Riley's other emotions intuitively know when it is the right time to step in, especially Sadness, but Joy's micromanaging everything fucks it all up for Riley.
>>
>>77346009
>She got sad because sadness is what she is supposed to feel in these situations
This. Like Disgust taking over when baby Riley saw broccoli or Anger handling Riley's reaction to her friend going on about the new girl.
>>
>>77345215
Argie here

In my country our equivalent of nigger is completely raceless. It depends entirely on how you act.
>>
>>77345085
Can you take your over sensitivity elsewhere please? This is 4chan, not Tumblr. Thanks.
>>
>>77346009
it's healthy in a world where humans are sentient beings that have emotions instead of being piloted by tiny sentient creatures that each have a dominant and exaggerated emotion. however in this film that's not the case, without a pilot the humans in this movie are literally emotionless unthinking robots.
>>
>>77344725
Allows patricianhood to develop
>>
>>77346076
The emotions were metaphors. When Riley's console went dead, that was her being depressed and apathetic.

How do people not get this?
>>
>>77346076
When Riley got on the bus she was in such emotional turmoil that she shut down, which happens to real people in times of emotional anguish.

When Riley lost honesty island, her train of thought crashed, which shows that she is no longer thinking straight. When her console went dark, it meant she has lost control of herself and her emotions.
>>
>>77346124
Because people are fucking retarded. It's funny that the movie jokes about abstract thought and implies that concrete thinking gets us nowhere, and there are people are thinking concretely about the film who are then confused about things.
>>
>>77346148
>>77346130
>>77345816
Imagine a movie with subtitles for dummies
"Hi I'm a metaphor for the cognitive process and neurotransmitters that makes you feel happy"
"My actions here represent Riley attempt to stay happy for her family even if she isn't really happy"
"The crash of the train of thought represents the confusion and inability to think properly"
>>
>>77346233
This could be a potential channel for jewtubebux

"In this scene the Joker is lying about how he got his scars because he's crazy."
Youtube comments:
OMG I HAD NO IDEA +1475
>>
>>77346269
That could be fun. Too bad that I don't think I could keep this going for a long time by myself.
>>
>>77345740
No! Please! I have 3 kids!
>>
>>77346233
They would be less annoying than movies hitting us over the head with hamfisted exposition as if nobody can add fucking two and two anymore.
>>
>>77346233
I think you guys are missing the point of interpreting this movie literally rather than metaphorically.
>>
>>77346233
>>77346269
>>77346281

Isn't that what Cinema Sins does at times?
>>
>>77346269
"In this scene, Bruce Wayne hides in the panic room to give himself plausible deniability for when Batman appears (who is actually Bruce Wayne)."
>>
>>77346315
I don't know. I don't follow these things.
>>
>>77346315
Not specifically. He may point out a metaphor as a sin if he doesn't like it, but the shtick is that he nitpicks everything.
>>
>>77346269
"In this scene Bane is saying that he would hurt Mr. CIA if he removed his mask."
>>
File: image.png (512 KB, 1272x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
512 KB, 1272x700
What do you think is your lead emotion, /co/?
>>
>>77346384
Tony Stark (Ironman) instead of answer verbally pees inside his armor to explain in a funnier way that the armor is equipped to deal with these issues so he doesn't needs to remove it every time he needs to go to urinate.
>>
>>77346384
I bet that there are thousands of people who think he implied the guy was small compared to him.
>>
>>77346384
"In this scene Mr. CIA is pretending to shoot the hostage, then throwing him out of the plane, to make the others think he will kill them next if they also do not speak. If Mr CIA did not "shoot" the hostage first, the hostage would certainly scream whilst being thrown out of the plane. Given that CIA is not murdering the hostages, there would be no scream, thus the other hostages would know he is bluffing."
>>
>>77346460
The plane scene is so fucking awkward that it's reasonable to think so.
>>
File: Negro.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Negro.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>77345215
>No one has a ever referred to whites as a nigger seriously besides epic white teenagers on the internet.
Someone hasn't seen The Onion
>>
>>77347151
Inb4 goalposts are moved etc etc
>>
>>77346460
yes, there are probably thousands of retards, what's your point
>>
>>77344195
>give Riley many hobbies, great friends and values
>tries to stay positive during a difficult time in Riley's life
>Sadness starts being a shit and touching things
>Riley get's sad
>Sadness fucks more shit up by messing with core memories
>while lost sadness acts like an even bigger shit by not walking and touching everything

Joy LITERALLY did nothing wrong
>>
>>77347554
If Joy did nothing wrong, why did Riley get depressed during the move
>>
>>77347554
>get's
>>
File: 1219719514054.png (69 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
1219719514054.png
69 KB, 533x400
>>77345318
>instead of trying to drag this shit board kicking and screaming back to it's former glory, I'm going to promote /tumblr/ and shitpost
>with worst teentitan

thanks anon
>>
>>77347582
Because Sadness keeps being a shit
>>
>>77347554
Read the thread before you post.
>>
>>77344476
>western
>implying it has to do with culture rather than biology
all women are crazy anon
>>
>>77347619
But surely if Joy was so great she'd be able to counter Sadness being shit. But Joy couldn't. Because Sadness was 100% unequivocally totally utterly right, and so is OP.
>>
>>77345215
Early American referred to the Irish as niggers.
>>
>>77346415
Sadness>Anger>Disgust>Fear>Joy

In terms of influence on me.
>>
>>77344195
>>control freak
Only because she is literally in control of an entire human being, which at her meta-physical level, is a big deal
>>thinks she knows the best way to deal with problems
She knows only as much as an 11 year old girl does, so yeah, that makes sense
>>constantly meddling and interfering with everything
Happiness permeates anything you let it, the rest of the emotions don't have to let her, but they do because they want Riley happy more than anything else
>>treats everyone like shit because of her mistaken interpretation of what it means to acquire happiness
She is an incarnation of happiness, if there were other joy emotions up there, she'd probably tone it down, but because there aren't, there is no real sounding board
>>her constant controlling leads Riley to having a breakdown because of her emotional imbalance
Actually, it's Sadness' fault
>>is willing to lie to get what she wants
So is Riley, remember, Joy is basically just an 11 year old girl
>>blames getting sucked into long-term memory on Sadness, because she is a narcissist who can do no wrong
It was Sadness' fault, putting the blame on her is just circumventing the real problem, everyone agreed that Joy should be in charge, but Sadness was the one who didn't listen
It's not Joy's fault that sadness is a meek and shy person, both traits not being exclusive to sadness (moreso to fear if anything)
>>will even straight up abandon a companion to get her own way
Riley was about to run away and get into serious danger, it was the best thing to do, especially if said person is literally holding you back
>>
>>77347714
I like how Joy was able to walk, talk, metacognisize and refer to herself in the third person, understand causality and be aware of herself, at the age of 0, but somehow her mental development mirrors her person's.
>>
>>77347653
Being able to over power someone doesn't mean you're right
>>
>>77346415
Disgust without a fucking doubt.
>>
>>77346415
Mine would be fear and joy. Constant anxiety when out of my familiarity and day in, day out routines, mixed with self affirmation when left to my own devices.
>>
>>77347854
Surely if Sadness was wrong, she wouldn't have such power over how Riley reacts to shit. Joy was totally unable to retract the memory alterations. If Riley didn't need to be sad for her own mental health, then Joy could influence the emotions as well. But she couldn't, because Sadness was 100% unequivocally totally utterly right, and so was OP
>>
>>77347854
You should check out anon's new channel. He explains all the stuff the movie doesn't tell you directly, I think it'll help you.
>>
>>77347916
Sadness' ability to have influence on Riley doesn't mean she's right. She kept forcing herself forward no matter what. Riley was fine in the classroom until Sadness decided to fuck things up
>>
>>77346415
Equal parts Anger, Joy and Disgust.

Anger and Disgust that things I like are being ruined by faggotry, and Joy because to be perfectly honest I enjoy being angry and disgusted.
>>
>>77347985
You really should read the thread because this shit has been covered by people replying to the unobservant retards who preceded you. No point in repeating everything again, right?
>>
>>77346415
fear>disgust>anger/joy/sadness
>>
>Joy was wrong.
Emotionally healthy, well adjusted anons.
>Sadness was wrong.
Emotional cripples.

The entire point of the movie is that you need all of your emotions in check and in balance to be a normal, functioning, healthy human being. To say Joy was the only "positive" emotion is fucking retarded. You can't have good without the bad. It's healthy and normal to feel sadness. It's cathartic. Fear is an incredibly positive and useful emotion because it can be used to keep a person safe. Same with disgust. Anger, in small doses, can even be utilized in a positive manner.

If you look at the core memories at the end of the movies they're all multi-colored because as a person matures and grows their emotions get more complex. A child obviously feels on a black and white spectrum. Off the top of my head there's a memory of Riley playing hockey that's anger mixed with joy. I'm assuming it's Riley using her anger against a rival or a mistake she made to score a goal or something of the like.

Joy is one of those people who thinks if you close your eyes and hum everything bad will go away. Look at how she handled Bing Bong breaking down. Sadness actually explored how he was feeling and comforted him. Sadness is healthy. You know what non-stop, unmitigated joy is called? Manic.
>>
>>77348706
Based anon
>>
>>77344195
Shes pretty
>>
>>77346415
(Fear == Sadness) > Disgust > Joy > Anger
>>
>>77348706
There are two problems with this lesson.
Portraying emotions as people with their own agency makes them not look like quirky design we inhereted from out ancestors, but as actual operators, making Sadness look like she's screwing things over out of malice.

Second, while it's sensible to accept sadness as a fact of life, valorising it doesn't seem sensible. It's one thing to respect pressure valves and use them properly and another to celebrate pressure buildup and scalded stokers, so to speak.
>>
>>77346415
Fear.
>>
>>77346415
I have cardboard cutouts that are voiced by an overweight Gilbert Gottfried who is half of the time over in the corner of retrospect burping up his last Bloody Mary.

The realization counterpart got lost in the Hall of Introspection YEARS ago, all the while Primodial Fear Island is continuing to leak unspeakable horrors.

Its a bit of a mess, its why the renovations for multiple subsections of Central HQ are underway, to take one broken mind and seperate it into three healthy ones.
>>
>>77346415
Joy=disgust>anger>sadness>fear
>>
>>77349458
Your analogy is odd, but I'll bite. You should celebrate pressure valves. They mitigate inherent design flaws found in engineering and mechanical contraptions. Without them, shit won't work as well, nor would we be able to advance the designs beyond a certain threshold of operational capacity. Celebrate the shit out of pressure calves.
>>
>>77345314

Right but the movie didn't frame it that way and treated it as a big reveal.

Like no shit, I'm an adult, I'm aware of how emotions work.

It's fine for a kids movie I guess but Pixar is usually good about not being "for kids"
>>
>>77350009
Yes, but that's my point. Pressure valves saves lives and equipment, but wouldn't it be great if you didn't need them? To have design so efficient that dangerous pressure can't possibly build up?
>>
File: sadness saves the day.gif (698 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
sadness saves the day.gif
698 KB, 250x200
>>77346415
Sad=Fear>Joy>Surprise>Anger>Disgust
>>
>>77349458
You know what the emotions do? They control how Riley expresses her emotions.

Riley still FEELS the emotion even when it's not "driving" (using the console) because they are present at HQ. Sadness touching the memory internalizes the emotion. Sadness using the console is when Riley externalizes that emotion. This is evident in the classroom when Riley discusses her hockey memory (she gets forlorn once she realizes that memory is now in the irretrievable past) then begins to cry (she's externalizing her sadness as a way to seek empathy and support from her teacher and peers). However, when Sadness and Joy are not at HQ, Riley can no longer feel those emotions. This stops her from being a goofball because she needs joy (figuratively and literally) to be able to express that aspect of her personality.
>>
>>77346415
You know when Disgust, Anger, and Fear are left in control of Riley? That's me all the time.
>>
>>77350124
It's also my point; they are necessary to there's no reason not to embrace them for what they give us.

Besides, from an design perspective emotions are entirely superfluous aspects that are not needed for base survival. Humans are, thankfully, beyond the point of living at base survival, which gives us the luxury of feeling emotion. Designing an android would require eschewing an emotion engine (a simulator is very different) because an emotional android is very inefficient.
>>
>>77350163
>Riley still FEELS the emotion even when it's not "driving"
>However, when Sadness and Joy are not at HQ, Riley can no longer feel those emotions.

these are very contradictory statements.
>>
>>77344195
1. You're misreading the entire film

2. Joy is the sense of human happiness and accomplishment. She literally can do no wrong.
>>
>>77350217
>I can't read
"because they are present at HQ"

Fucking Sadness even says this when they fist arrive in long-term memory; "Without you Riley can't be happy." ie she cannot feel that emotion.
>>
Joy is love, Joy is life.
>>
>>77350502
their presence at hq doesn't mean shit. their direct influence is all that matters.

riley didn't get sad until sadness directly interfered by touching the memory that was being recalled. had sadness not done so, nothing would have gone wrong.
>>
>>77350428
Well given that "wrong" is a relative and abstract concept, it can be argued that deriving joy from certain experiences or acts can be wrong too.

And given that the entire movie fucking drummed the whole "Joy was actually wrong about Sadness and a lot of things" obviously she can do wrong.
>>
>>77350553
"Without you Riley can't be happy." It's stated in the fucking movie, holy shit.

Riley didn't get sad until Sadness touched the memory, true. What sadness was doing there is internalizing that emotion for Riley. When Sadness started fucking with the console, this is when Riley began to cry, an externalization of that emotion.

Joy attempts to suppress sadness by covering it up with her eponymous emotion. This is Riley literally bottling up her sadness. Which clearly does her more harm than good, because Joy attempts to purge a sad core memory, which is the final straw for Riley's psyche and so it purges the conflicting emotions, leaving her embittered and worrisome. All because Joy wouldn't let Sadness externalize Riley's fears, anger and irritation for outside help, nor would she let Sadness even internalize her sadness for catharsis. This is all metaphor for Riley feeling conflicted; she feels selfish for wanting to be sad but also feels angry and fearful because she can't get over her turmoil, so her brain just goes "Fuck it"
>>
>>77350840
>metaphor
here's where you're getting caught up, anon. I'm not talking about metaphors. put away that B- you got in your freshman psychology class that one semester and let's simply discuss what happened in this fictional universe that goes by different rules than ours.
>>
>>77344195
I think you guys are doing it wrong by thinking she was designed to be liked. She was designed to try to make Riley selfishly happy. Many kids grow up just like that.

I don´t particularly like her, but I find her interesting since she grows up during the movie and learns to relate with the other emotions.
>>
>>77347714
Read the thread.
>>
>>77350988
every time the discussion gets to this argument we start over again because this is the only counterpoint you can come up with.

you can say "this is what I think and I'm right", but why can't you come up with a proper argument to support your claims when someone has an opposite point of view?
>>
>>77350976
joy and the other emotions wanted to run riley like how her father is run, a commander and followers that play their role when needed. sadness wanted to be more like the mother, more of a democracy.
>>
>>77350950
You're one obtuse fuck, you know that?

You're not really presenting any real arguments. All you're doing is pointing out that x happened therefore y happened, which anyone with a pair of eyes can do. Congrats. You did nothing.

Sadness is SUPPOSED to touch that memory. She's SUPPOSED to touch the console. Joy kept meddling and preventing Sadness from doing her job, which led to the whole ordeal that Riley went through. It has fuck all to do with Sadness. It's everything to do with Joy.

And this film is metaphorical, so we're discounting a huge aspect of the film just because it is beyond your cognitive capabilities. Why should one ignore a film's core essence and not discuss it just because you said so?
>>
>>77351143
Joy and the other emotions mistakenly believed that Sadness was utterly pointless because of their limited understanding, ie "Riley being sad = bad"

Joy explains that the emotions other than Sadness all play an important role. She's incredibly dismissive of Sadness because she deeply misunderstands the emotion's purpose.
>>
>>77351148
if you don't want to discuss a fantasy setting when someone else asks you to do so you can simply say "no, I do not want to discuss that aspect of the film".
>>
>>77351292
But you can't simply discuss the literal aspects of a metaphorical film. You are ignoring much of the film's intended meaning.

Why would you want to do that in the first place?

Besides, even if we were discussing the literal, saying that nothing would have happened had Sadness not messed with the memory and the console is so fucking wrong because the rest of the film says, quite literally, that Sadness was doing her job and Joy preventing this was plainly to Riley's detriment. You absolutely cannot continue to hold this line of reasoning if you continue to watch the film to its conclusion and you aren't a dumb fuck, unless you are wilfully being an idiot for whatever reason.
>>
>>77344195
But real joy in real life does all of that to you. You will always chase joy at the cost of logic.
>>
>>77351500
Not always.

Knowing when to control your urges and deciding between short and long-term happiness is something adults have to do very often. Kids don't tend to do that because they don't have the long view that adults possess.
>>
This was a really great film
>>
>>77352185
the short was way bettter.
>>
>>77352204
It was up there with Jak Jak Attack, but still nowhere near the perfection that was Dug's Special Mission.
>>
>>77352204
What kind of shit post is this?
>>
>>77344195
Because you're concentrating on her before character development.

It's like bitching Luke isn't a hero because he just sits around on a fucking moisture farm.
>>
>>77352850
So what do I do about Darth Vader, who was an annoying prick in 2 movies, then an evil heartless fiend in 5, apart from the last 5 mins where he did a thing and then said sorry? Am I supposed to like him because of that one part where he was likeable?
>>
>>77353030
Darth Vader is a villain.
>>
>>77346415

Joy>Disgust>Sadness>Anger>Fear
>>
>>77346415
Joy>sadness>fear>anger=disgust
>>
>>77346415
>Disgust>Anger>Fear>Sadness>Joy

Fuck my life, desu.
>>
>>77353066
And that has anything to do with what, exactly?
So he's not a protagonist in the prequel trilogy films?
>>
>>77353226
I don't understand your point. You brought up her character development as if it means we have to like her once she developed, as if her being a shit should be forgotten. Are we not allowed to dislike the various aspects of a character just because they overcame the issues that made them a shit?
>>
>>77353491
What
>>
>>77353560
Yes, and I asked why Darth Vader being a villain changes anything that I said
>>
>>77353629
That has jack shit to do with anything. Nobody mentioned "good deeds" until you did. Are you intentionally obfuscating or are you easily confused?
>>
>>77353706
>the last 5 mins where he did a thing and then said sorry? Am I supposed to like him because of that one part where he was likeable?
No more replies.
>>
>>77353755
It's funny because Joy is the antagonist of the film (albeit unintentionally) and you can't grasp that fact.
>>
>>77346124
The console was a metaphor for depression, clear as day.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>Take anon to the moon for me, okay?
>>
>>77345215
are you kidding me? black people call everybody niggers. their own, white, asian, aliens, dogs, robots, innanimate objects.
>>
>>77346384
no no, he was saying that removal of the mask would be extremely painful and that he was a big guy for the CIA guy.

also, crashing the plan was a part of his plan, as well as getting found out.
>>
>>77347854
Might makes right, nigga.
>>
>tfw no qt physical manifestation of abstract concept doing her best to make you happy
>>
>>77350154
>sadness being happy
>>
>>77355001
>yfw Joy needed to be sad to understand how important Sadness is to Riley
POETRY
>>
>>77354945
Isn't your sex also the sex of your lead emotion?

It's even cuter that way.
>>
>>77354398

>and he was never brought up again

The fact that there wasn't even a passing mention of his sacrifice after that scene always irked me...
>>
>>77355270
Joy only thinks of external entities as objects to be used to influence how happy Riley feels. Joy is deeply narcissistic, but it's externalized unto Riley.
>>
>>77346415
Fear>Joy>Disgust>Sadness>Anger

I'm practically afraid to walk around outside by myself the moment the sun goes down.
>>
>>77355556
Do you live in an LA ghetto?
>>
>>77355604
When I have classes at college, I live in a very sketchy area of NYC with my mom. There's at least 1 shooting a month.

When im free, I go back to Sutton where it's really nice and everyone is cool to one another. Then im Joy>Disgust>Sadness>Anger>Fear
>>
>>77344195
Because mah waifu
>>
File: Best.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>77355964
>people don't waifu Disgust or Sadness

Sad taste my man.
>>
>>77356007
Disgust a qt but holy shit she'd be insufferable. At least Sadness finds confidence in having a purpose. Her purpose would be loving you as much as possible. Since Sadness is a sympathetic and empathetic and caring emotion, she'd love you a whole lot.
>>
>>77356007
>>77356118
In hindsight hate sex with Disgust would be fucking amazing
>>
>>77356118
Yeah, I'd date disgust, but I can't see myself long term with her. She seems very judging and could be pissy.

Sadness seems like that 6-7/10 girl that always had a crush on you and just wants you to be happy. I'd date her over Disgust.
>>
>>77356450
>"Oh you didn't cum when I did? That's sad..."
>starts crying that she didn't please you physically
>boner lost
>>
as an aside from all of this, if anybody's got the blu ray, I highly recommend checking out the extras, the segment about the sound of the film is really interesting and there's a 15-20 minute feature called "mind candy" that's a compilation of all the different little bits of animation that was produced for the film's publicity, including the full skit that the riley glare and Sadness' "Sadness Spiral" comes from.
>>
>>77356545
Yeah, I was thinking about that since you posted it and I wouldn't be able to put up with that and I'd just feel like comforting her. Which would be odd for me because we didn't clean up yet.

Sadness would make me sad if she feels bad about herself. I guess I'd just have to love her extra hard then!
>>
>>77346415
either anger or sadness
>>
>Sadness at the helm of Mom's console
>Anger at the helm of Dad's

Abusive Father & Oppressed Mother?
>>
>>77358355
everyone says this anon
the point of the movie is that all emotions are necessary and even negative emotions aren't necessarily bad, as long as they're balanced. and the mom and dad seem to be doing okay.
>>
>>77346415
joy>fear>anger>sadness>disgust
>>
>>77352204
Where can I see the short?
>>
>>77358355
Stressed father, emotional mom
>>
>>77344195
she was de villain
>>
>>77345637
*Why didn't Joy use the tube-thingy to send the core memories back to the control room?

FTFY
>>
File: 1436483904943.jpg (251 KB, 1800x1264) Image search: [Google]
1436483904943.jpg
251 KB, 1800x1264
>>77346415
Joy>>Fear>Disgust>>Anger=Sadness (almost never)

I have masochistic tendencies so I tend to spent most of my time on cloud 9, even if SHTF.
>>
This movie made me feel like shit. I don't know why.
>>
>>77358355

Anger doesn't necessarily equal bad things.
>>
>>77347636
shhh
its too late for him, save yourself.
>>
>>77346415
Anger>Joy>Disgust>Fear>Sadness
basically, a sociopath
>>
>>77346415

>No grey creature with a blank expression and monotone voice to represent Apathy.
>>
File: 1443949907443.png (8 KB, 125x261) Image search: [Google]
1443949907443.png
8 KB, 125x261
>>77346415
power struggle between
Joy = Disgust > fear = sadness > anger is rare...
>>
File: 1442931088466.gif (995 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1442931088466.gif
995 KB, 400x286
>>77358355
>Assertive father
>Empathetic mom
>>
>>77346415
Disgust>Fear>Joy>Sadness>Anger

Disgust rules in a tyrannical way, only letting the other emotions get a word in when their wants pass her quality control.
Fear works as a mediator towards Disgust, considering every opportunity of a certain moment and laying out the options to Disgust.
After those two butt heads for a while Joy shows up and decides its time to be happy and do fun things.
Sadness kind of sits in the back, but at any point when she wants to make herself known all she has to do is say a few words to Fear & Disgust and her job is done.
Anger chills out by himself acting as a special task force for Disgust, she calls him only when he is needed, which isn't usually that much.
>>
>>77346415

Disgust>Anger>Fear>Sadness>Joy
>>
>>
>>77349458
that's like saying you don't enjoy taking shits. Think before you internet, anon
>>
>>77350215
Emotions actually developed as an information processing system needed for base survival and have become (from an evolutionary pov) superfluous in 21st century western society. Hence why people keep using them wrong
>>
>>77346415
It was fear for most of my life, but I think sadness and anger are sharing the controls primarily for now.

It's a lot more positive than it sounds.
>>
>>77358385
Sadness being the mother's lead emotion was one of my favorite parts of the movie. Of course the idea that you can be sad most of the time and still be emotionally fulfilled and well-adjusted goes above some people's heads.
>>
File: bbc.png (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bbc.png
24 KB, 500x500
>>77362351
>>
>>77346088
Kek
>>
>>77352204
RAAAR WHAT ARE YOU DOING MISTER VOLCANO?
>>
The moral of the story can best be summarized by fapping.
Some of us fap to keep the feels away, and for a short time, it works.
But it's just a band-aid to a bigger problem of loneliness.
If we just go with Joy the entire time we would indulge in hedonism as much as possible because introspection would make us face unpleasant emotions. But we have to face our feels so we can cry it out and through that become more aware of ourselves and others.
I imagine Patrick Bateman would have just joy, disgust and anger in his mind because sadness makes empathy and fear makes the vulnerability that makes us seek other people.
>>
>>77362507
Not at all. You would have no reason to live without emotions. From survival instinct to desire for a better job all is chained to emotions. If you don't just cross the street without looking, if you don't like that people take advantage out of you, if you want to protect your children all is because of the emotions.
>>
>>77360022
See >>77345738
>>
>>77362745
He wants to give that female volcano his conkers
>>
>>77356728
>>77356545
I would explain her that my fetish is making the girl feel good so that's okay. Also cuddles and comforting her would be great, sooo soft!
>>
>>77362583
She doesn't even need to be sad just because sadness is the main emotion. Notice how in the parents actions are taken more as a common agreement while on Riley it was more like one of them just jump on and start pushing buttons.
>>
>>77361225
Can you post the other Inside Her pics?
>>
>>77363358
They're shit
>>
>>77363482
I liked them. They were the shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (654 KB, 1622x1318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
654 KB, 1622x1318
>>77356007
We just keep it to ourselves instead of posting many times on every thread.
>>
>>77363497
If they're so great why didn't you save them
>>
>>77363514
I forgot to.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 700x700
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 700x700
>>77363529
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 700x700
>>77363534
>>
>>77363534
>Disgust's constipated face when she's supposed to be angry
What
>>
File: 1424423818597.jpg (51 KB, 461x294) Image search: [Google]
1424423818597.jpg
51 KB, 461x294
>>77344195
Are you really asking why everyone likes joy? Do you have little to no actual joy in your life?
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 700x700
>>77363538
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 700x700
>>77363553
>>
>>77363543
>hurrrrrrrrrrr
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 358x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 358x411
>>77363543
He is asking why people like Joy, not why people like joy.
>>
So are these emotions made up of lots of little orbs or something?

Their skin and hair looks like it's made out of floating orbs.
>>
>>77363661
Yes, it was intended to represent that they are made out of energy and particles aka electrical inpulses and neurotransmitters.
>>
>>77363673
Imagine what Joy's pussy feels like, millions of tiny wet orbs of warm energy caressing your dick
>>
>>77363713
Damnit, /co/.
>>
>>77349458
This movie would have been so much better if Sadness wasn't an actual character. As you said,portraying her as people makes her look like she's actually fucking shit on porpouse and makes the audience dislike her. If she were, for example, some abstract shit like a blue fog or some shit like that that Joy tries and tries (but ultimately fails) to make it dissapear, the movie would have worked A LOT better.
>>
>>77363813
Your idea is shit and absurd.
>>
File: 1446964538304.jpg (22 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1446964538304.jpg
22 KB, 720x540
>>77363828
>Your idea is shit and absurd.
>In an Inside Out thread
>>
>>77363889
Epic. Just epic.
>>
>>77362772

Nah, man. Patrick Bateman is what happens when Disgust kicks all the other emotions into the pit and runs the show herself.

He even says "I feel nothing but disgust for everyone" at one point. Would be great to see disgust making the "I killed a lot of people" phone call though.
>>
>>77363962
Patrick is bawling his eyes out during that phone call because he's absolutely terrified of what might happen to him since he feels the police closing in. So he has fear.

And when he murders Paul, he's clearly furious and the murder is predicated purely by anger, which stems from Patrick's jealousy and worry.
>>
>>77346415
>What do you think is your lead emotion, /co/?
It's been joy for quite a few years now, and through hard times too. Life is just too good for this shit to get in the way.

>>77346593
>The plane scene is so fucking awkward that it's reasonable to think so.
The dialogue could have worked but the delivery was so weird.
>>
>>77363980

I'll give you that. It could be argued that Disgust could well be imitating those emotions, but your point works better.

Still

>say, Disgust, why's there newspaper on the floor? You... You got a dog? Like, a little chow or something?
>No, Joy.
>is that a raincoat?
>yes it is, Joy
>hey Joy.
>TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT YEAST OF EDEN NOW!
>>
What will Riley's "Lost Virginity" island look like?
>>
File: m.jpg (92 KB, 700x406) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
92 KB, 700x406
>>77364020
>>
>>77364029

That's pretty metal
>>
File: 1439222010080.png (294 KB, 499x810) Image search: [Google]
1439222010080.png
294 KB, 499x810
>>77346415

joy=anger>Sadness>Disgust>Fear
pretty much
>>
>>77364035
(I just wanted an excuse to post Kris Kuksi)
>>
>>77364017
Well, Inside Out shows that emotions can't imitate another, but it would be interesting to see what the mind of an insane person, or even an autist, would look like.
>>
>>77358686
>>77358686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zopp4Q1CONU&list=PL1HYcSz8Va1yeeizktLqNSAgBavT6JQaD&feature=iv&src_vid=Zopp4Q1CONU&annotation_id=annotation_1823265919

watch the full playlist
>>
>>77364166
If you're going to spoonfeed a retard, why not just link to a putlocker or something holy shit
>>
File: 1437886237446.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1437886237446.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>77344257
>>Look guys, this here is a dick. And when we put it inside of us, we feel good.
>there are people, right now, right fucking now, who think this is true
>>
This was pretty much Joy and Sadnesses wacky adventure. I wish the other 3 got more screentime.
>>
>>77364668
Why do you think the movie is called Inside Out?
>>
>>77364668
>hurr this fictional greentext about a fictional work has to be realistic
>>
>>77346415
Anger > Disgust > Joy > Sadness > Fear

I am an angry, judgmental asshole.
>>
Does Joy actually have tits? I couldn't tell. Same with Disgust.
>>
File: 1445144137260.jpg (247 KB, 708x558) Image search: [Google]
1445144137260.jpg
247 KB, 708x558
>>77356007
Fear and Disgust are best waifus desu senpai.
>>
>>77362351
Am I missing something?
>>
>>77365982
Yes, small but nice ones. You can see a hint of breast on the father joy too. and his disgust have some nice hips
>>
>>77366847
Aren't the dad's emotions all male?

His Sadness speaks with a male voice, and the his Anger and Fear refer to the rest as "gentlemen". In fact, the only person other than Riley with confirmed multi-sexed emotions is that pizza place woman with the green hair.
>>
>>77367139
What if they just get deep voices during puberty?
>>
>>77367158
How does that make any sense
>>
>>77367139
Daily reminder that anons would fuck anything that'd let them.
>>
>>77367195
Testosterone.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.