[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAAAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA HAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
HAAAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously, this bitch is getting her ass WHOOPED. Aang never got smacked around this hard, even in his fights. Korra consistently gets knocked out, have the utter piss beaten out of her, or is almost permanently crippled one way or another. She's a terrible fighter

Also I just finished Season 3 and am going to start S4 in the morning
>>
woweee OP. Make sure you keep us up to date on every episode you watch.
>>
File: Aanglosinit.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Aanglosinit.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>77340472
1. Aang got protected by the "little kids aren't subjected to harsh violence" rule of cartoons.

2. He would activate God Mode every time shit got real.

That is all.
>>
>OP is a long string of all-caps HAHAHA
I don't know why these irritate me so.

And I agree with you, too. TLOK sucked. But it just comes across as so...forced. Maybe it's because I have a friend who does a similar fake laugh when he sees something dumb, like he got the idea from cartoons and anime that that's how people actually react to things.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r63vsq8EEc
>>
File: 1434306385610.gif (1 MB, 191x171) Image search: [Google]
1434306385610.gif
1 MB, 191x171
>Dumb Bitch Gets Humbled: The Series

It doesn't make her likable, but it is fun to watch bad things happen to bad people.
>>
>>77340472
The end of Book 3 is actually one of the few things the show got right. Korra actually suffers consequences for her failures and is forced to deal with it.
>>
File: Chair bender.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chair bender.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>77340607
I dunno. I do like her, and some very strange part of me enjoys seeing her getting the crap beaten out of her, making her suffer for her arrogance, for her "can do!" attitude. It's like an idealistic kid butting heads with a jaded cynic and the kids is just getting annihilated
>>
>>77340607
I liked her.
>>
File: Ominous_Amon.png (452 KB, 1074x601) Image search: [Google]
Ominous_Amon.png
452 KB, 1074x601
>He should have been around for at least another season
>>
>>77340812
They blow his load too early. Season 1 shoulda been Triads with Equalist teasing then Amon in season 2.
>>
>>77340727
>>77340767
I liked her, until 4chan memed me. She's a pretty bad character though, doesn't grow up, whines and is annoying, but first few episodes she was pretty good.
>>
>>77341185
I think she does do some growing up from season 2-3, at the very least, she tries to be more resolute, more mature. I got Last Air Bender vibe off of Season 3, and I really did like it.

>>77340812
>>77340879
>S1: Triads, equalists, Amon working out of the shadows
>S2: Amon throwing the city into chaos, his final plan (solution lel) in motion
>S3: Throw all his spirit shit into this one, introduce Zaheer and the spirit world
>S4:???????
>>
>>77341185
>>77340767
>>77340727
>>77340607
/co/ hates Korra for the wrong reasons. Her flaws aren't what make her a a bad character; they're actually the part Bryke got right.

Her never having to suffer any consequences because of them or grow past them is the problem.
>>
>>77340536
>He would activate God Mode every time shit got real.
Literally only used in episode 1:02, 1:08, 1:13, 1:20, 2:04 (didn't actually help him there), 2:20 and the finale, and shown as rage/overemotional in 1:03, 2:01 and 2:11.

Nice generalizing though.
>>
>>77341478
Korra is the worst though. Having control over the avatar state is horse shit.
>>
>>77341478
For comparison, Korra used the Avatar State in:
>1:12 to solve all the problems
>2:01 to win a race
> 2:02 to unlock portal
> 2:04 to escape Unalaq with a small wave
>2:05 to fight dark spirit?
>2:12, 2:13 to fight Vaatu
>3:01 to bend vines to fix her fucking damage
>3:13 to die (which she even managed to fuck up)
>4:13 to fight Kuvira
I might be missing a few, though.
>>
Guys I've you bitxh and moan about this show for a long time. Should I just give in and watch it so I can form my own opinion and join in on the conversation and shitposting ?
>>
>>77341838
Yes.

Korra is actually a fantastic show to dissect if you are interested in storytelling, because it runs into almost every major mistake writers make in a way that shows exactly why those things are bad.
>>
>>77341923
Thanks. Given that I want to be a writer, I'd love to watch anything that I could learn from.
>>
>>77341962
I'd have to agree with the above anon. It's an exercise in how you can have so many good ideas but go SO wrong.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>77340472

A lot of the reason why I like Korra over Aang to be quite honest family.
>>
>>77342260
>A lot of the reason why I like Korra over Aang to be quite honest family.

Oh fuck...you too?

I like that she gets hurt, knocked unconscious, captured- A LOT. It makes me want to root for her but also hold her and tell her she'll be alright her suffering brings me happiness
>>
>>77340727
You prolly wanna fuck her
>>
>>77342334
Very badly, yes
>>
>>77340812
The only decent villain the entire franchise has ever had. Fuck
>>
>>77342471
Can we even say he was a good villain if he was only "good" when we knew zero about him?
>>
>>77342499
That's what made him good. His back story was forced and retarded. He was the antithesis of Korra in every way. Calm, cold, calculating, composed, and represented something larger. They had SO much to work with regarding benders vs non benders. Amon was cool as fuck and proved that benders ain't shit without their kungfu magic. Have him being a water/blood Bender is fucking retarded as shit, but up until that point, I loved him. The fights were always really cool, and his design is quite nice. I'm upset man. They had a cool technique (chi blocking), cool tech (electricity, gas, robots and air ships), and they just threw it all away.

Amon would have made a great long term bad guy, had they not made him a bender/killed him
>>
Bamp
>>
File: 1440726475625.jpg (18 KB, 248x283) Image search: [Google]
1440726475625.jpg
18 KB, 248x283
Out of nowhere lesbian ending
>>
>>77343109
the worst part is it wasnt even lewd
like grab a titty or something you brown slut, i wasted my time watching 4 seasons of this bullshit just for this moment and youre giving me nothing
>>
>>77341358
/co/ seems to love the concept of Korra but as you said, the execution of that concept was total shit.

I kinda hate the meme that /co/ mindlessly hates Korra, when every thread usually turns into a discussion about why it was bad.
>>
>>77341358
I don't even think /co/ hates tlok at all. If this board actually hated the series, why would there be at least three fucking threads a week about it?
>>
Off the top of my head, he got really fucked over by a bunch of archers in Season 1, and at the end of Season 2 he was straight up murdered and had to be resurrected using one-time-only magic spirit water.
>>
>>77340472
>Aang never got smacked around this hard, even in his fights.
The kid literally got killed, only to be revived by magic water because reasons.
C'mon son.
>>
>>77340536
Same with Korra, but she loses even in god mode.
>>
>>77341320
She doesnt mature even in S04. The first thing she does when she can finally walk again is let everyone worried. She still thinks beating people up will make her a better avatar.

And again, she is fighting the villain just because people told her to do it. She literally doesnt have one argument to fight Kuvira.
>>
>>77342035
No, you didn't.
>>
>>77344174
>She still thinks beating people up will make her a better avatar.

Yea thanks for misunderstanding those scenes.
>>
File: you promised me lesbians co.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you promised me lesbians co.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>77340472
What really bothered me she supposed to be a master level bender. From early age she was pretty proficient in three types of bending. And she could go into the avatar state at will. She should have mop up the floor with almost every enemy she faced.

Yeah you can say her enemies had decades of training behind them but still.
>>
File: Whorra.gif (315 KB, 486x494) Image search: [Google]
Whorra.gif
315 KB, 486x494
>>77344174
>She still thinks beating people up will make her a better avatar.
It's the only thing she has. The Avatar used to be able to draw on the wisdom of the ages, but after Korra's stellar performance the Avatar can only draw on the wisdom of Korra. However bad of a fighter Korra may be, she's a far better fighter than thinker.
>>
>>77340531
Underrated post
>>
>>77340531
>not recognising the simplest and most effective way to start a thread on /co/ is by pretending you're a new viewer experiencing a show for the first time
This is ESPECIALLY true of Korra
>>
>>77340472
That's why LoK is objectively the better, more mature show. The character is flawed, goes through real struggle and character development which is not based on getting stronger at fighting, like typical shonen shit. Whereis ATLA is a children cartoon catering to Naruto fans who actually care about something as ridiculously childish as the fucking power level of the main character and completely ignore the fact what a hollow character Aang was and how he always got everything without the least bit of struggle.
>>
>>77344148
That's because her god mode got completely nerfed. Otherwise you couldn't even critique her performance in god mode because avatar state is no longer one person. Any time Korra lost in the true avatar state would also be a loss for Aang and any other avatar.
>>
>>77344254
Literally the only thing that made her lose fight after fight, season after season was relying wholly on that natural talent and training in a headlong rush instead of coming up with a plan and adapting to the fight, and using her surroundings (yes, like Aang constantly did).

Shit, even the rank and file Equalist recruits were wiping the floor with her through most of season 1 and its unlikely they had more than 6 months of training, given how young the movement was.
>>
>>77344174
Except that's wrong. She knows she has to stop Kuvira and that she'd only respond to violence.
>>
File: 1435090522324.gif (104 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1435090522324.gif
104 KB, 250x225
>>77344376
You over-baited the hook, friend-o.
>>
>>77344406
Well, LoK being a mediocre show aside, he's entirely right about TLA.
>>
>>77344417
>he's entirely
Nice try, samefag
>>
>>77344387
Nerfed is a fairly understated way to point out that she killed all of the previous avatars via sheer incompetence.
>>
>>77343109
Way too many people care about this either way, positive or negative.

It was two seconds and the least of the shows problems.
>>
>>77340472
>Aang never got smacked around this hard
Except that time he got killed, yeah
>>
File: sadjenny.png (158 KB, 758x1054) Image search: [Google]
sadjenny.png
158 KB, 758x1054
Korra a Shit. SHIT
>>
>>77340472

You go, you crazy faggot, you.
>>
>>77344376
So how can people say The Last Airbender is the superior show?
>>
>>77340472
I feel like they just love hearing brown muscle girl moan.
>>
>>77344376
>he always got everything without the least bit of struggle
This applies to both of them. Korra's only struggle was in Book 4, and even then it's pretty much:
>Korra: "I'm afraid"
>Zaheer: "Don't be afraid"
>Korra: "K"

Both are written childishly, but with Korra it's more obvious because they tried to tackle more complex themes.
>>
File: 1433652797442.png (547 KB, 374x667) Image search: [Google]
1433652797442.png
547 KB, 374x667
>>77344174
>>77344397
Okay, can I explain what I fucking hated about that fight? Forget the retarded Plot-Metal Colossus, THIS was the moment Korra went downhill:

First of all, there's absolutely no tension in the fight if all she wants to do is win "without the Avatar State." She's got a well-known Ace up her sleeve that she can use to win the fight at any time, and all the tension is supposed to surround the fact that she "doesn't want to." So the fight is fucking pointless there, because we're just watching some idiot lesbian getting her ass kicked until she gets annoyed enough to turn on God-Mode and automatically win (or so we think - we're never led to believe anything else until she actually finds "whoa, I can't Avatar State! I've been nerfed again!" )

And to make it worse, they fucked up her character progression. I think this was the first time in the ENTIRE SERIES that she said "Y'know, I don't want to fight. Fighting might be bad." That was such a fantastic dilemma, and would have made some really fucking awesome growth. She finally changes her outlook, at admittedly a bad time, but could learn to grow from that seed and become a better, less-violence prone Avatar that eventually manages to talk down Kuvira without it coming off as an ass-pull. The whole rest of the book could have been her exploring the possibilities of "Talking no Jutsu" instead whatever the fuck they did instead.

And the WORST part is that they could've easily fixed both problems - have Opal fight! She gets angry at Korra not doing shit and steps up to the plate itself. You know what, we got real tension then, because she doesn't have a spirity ace up her sleeve, and when she loses, that's when Kuvira can go back on her word and Korra can try to stop her using the Avatar State ( and you can have her spaz out again here, if you want)

Fuck Book 4, took everything mildly passable out of book 3 and fucked it up big time. What a piece of shit.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>77340812
Try the entire fucking series.

The entire series should have been the debate of Benders vs Non-benders.
>>
>>77342499
I hated his backstory as well, but I found it really realistic. Half of Amon's raw power was his ability to be completely mysterious and impossible to pin down. It was inevitable and realistic that the guy behind that mask would be a let-down, much like the Anonymoose Leejin are usually just teen shut-ins with rudimentary computer knowledge. If I had to redo the ending it'd go a little like this:
>Mako and Korra confront Amon about his past as Yakone's son
>Say sth like "You can't justify all the horrible things you've done just because a bender was cruel to you as a child?"
>"What do you mean? I loved my father."
"OH SNAP"
>"All I wanted to do was prove to him I could rule Republic City just as he'd planned? Do you think I cared about this movement? I never wanted the world to be free and equal, but now this city is MINE and it was all so easy!"
>Cue Amon accidentally outing himself as a fraud, fight scene ensues, Amon and Tarrlok die, Equalist arc is given some actual resolution, setup for Season 2!
>>
>>77345543
Well memed, friendo. But I'm pretty sure it was Unalaq who did that.
>>
>>77349252
The funny thing is that, the second he got super Blood-Bending, he became really boring.

You'd think giving your villain access to this super-power would make him even more threatening, but nope, somehow it was a huge let-down. For whatever reason, he was way scarier (and more interesting) when he had to run across the room, dodge your attacks, and slap his hand on your face than when he all he had to do was twitch his fingers. Weird.
>>
File: 1351773655199.jpg (15 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1351773655199.jpg
15 KB, 175x175
>>77340472
Avatar has always been a great idea, executed terribly.
It shoves a modern way of thinking into a deeply ancient/historical world where that thinking gets you killed.
The story was one big ass participation trophy, or a grading scale that doesn't let kids feel bad about being dumb or not trying hard enough.

The show lacks a backbone, it just wants to be the action anime version of Paw Patrol, Blaze and the Monster Machines, etc.

The fandom is made up of a bunch of Tumblr-tards who spend their days pining for martial arts skilled, and platonic play time adventures. Essentially, children in adult bodies.

I find the most insulting thing about Avatar, and the adult children who like it, is the belief that it's somehow new, revolutionary, or different. It isn't.

Its cheap, it's watered down Asian culture with a Westernized ultra-Politically Correct bend to it. Yes, the pun was intended.

I think the worst part about all of it, is that they chose to lie to people about the experience of being blind. Toph is a funny character, sure, I think out of all the Avatar characters she has the best grasp on the reality of their situations.. But the writers saw fit to make her into something no blind person can ever be, near invulnerable.

Korra is just the icing on the cake.
Her entire rogues gallery is just a bunch of school yard bullies with powers. Their dialogue revolves around cheap and childish ambitions, and her own motivations just rest on her trying to live up to standards she thinks everyone else put on her.

That sends a message to the viewers that being a responsible and mature member of society isn't something that can be measured, or established. Which is total shit.

The whole show was a piss poor excuse for an ultra PC version of Dragon Ball Z. I feel bad for the fans, because some day they'll wake up and realize they've wasted their lives paying any kind of attention to this heaping pile of dog shit called entertainment.

#sorrynotsorry
>>
does korra ever actually use or work out those muscles. or did she take steroids
>>
>>77349519
Damn, very well said Anon.
>>
>>77349519
>Avatar has always been a great idea, executed terribly.

No, you're a fucking idiot. The core idea "LEL FOUR ELEMENTS" isn't particularly good. It could have easily been terrible. The absolutely fucking amazing execution turned it into a modern classic. They hired an actual MMA instructor to work on it full-time for fuck's sake.
>>
>>77350248
I see someone is easily swayed by memes and hashtags!
>>
>>77344387
>her god mode got completely nerfed
because she lost in that mode against a shitty dark avatar with 1 element and no past lives.
>>
>>77350281
People like to forget that The Last Air Bender was so much better equipped. Better time slots, funding, writers, animation, just everything.
>>
>>77346309
What do you expect, her only character trait is tough-girl waifu, everything else about her detracts.
>>
>>77344148
Nigga, she was fighting literal immortal spirits when she was at full power in S2. I doubt even Aang would have an easy time with them.
>>
>>77350327
Which begs the question of why Nick gimped Korra so hard after the success of the original series. Is it Shamwow's fault?
>>
>>77350337
Korra is like the best written "Teenage Action Girl" ever. With all that implies. You guys hating her so much means that Bryke succeeded in capturing every aspect.
>>
>>77350349
I'll never understand that either. The last airbender was a screaming success for them. Why would they purposefully gimp a sequel?
>>
>>77344208
>thanks for misunderstanding those scenes.
- oh hey, let me get in this fight club, or try to train with Toph. This will make me a better avatar.

>>77344397
>She knows she has to stop Kuvira
why?

>>77347156
there is no problem with fighting. The problem is when you don't give her a good reason to fight. Korra had to fight just 'because she did'.
>>
>>77350371
>"Teenage Action Girl"
she's like, 21 or 23 by the end of the series and still the same. So i guess he failed somehow to show a teenager growing.
>>
>>77350371
Toph was a bratty reckless little asshole of an "action girl" but she was still likable. Korra is just a failed character.
>>
>>77350349
>>77350401
Rumor is that they didn't think a series starring a girl would be very popular.
Remember, for most TV studios, the merchandising is where it's at, and little boys don't buy girly toys and girls don't buy boys toys. They didn't know where Korra would fit or if it could turn a profit.
So they gave it one season. Which did well enough to warrant another season. Which barely got two more pushed out.
>>
>>77350404
>- oh hey, let me get in this fight club, or try to train with Toph. This will make me a better avatar.
You need to stop posting. She was going through hard times and wanted to find her way again, The Fight Club was for money and how is training with Toph a bad thing?

>why
Yeah, why would the Avatar want to stop a power hungry conqueror.
>>
>>77350433
I hated Toph. A character being your waifu doesn't suddenly make her good. If she was a bratty, reckless boy ie. Kai you'd all feel the same way
>>
>>77350459
Really, the interesting question is how in the hell they managed to get 3 and 4 done after season 2. Is the Tumblr market really that vocal? Because I can't imagine the fanbase being very profitable.
>>
>>77350481
>why would the Avatar want to stop a power hungry conqueror.
The better question is why did she not just separate the land and form a new island?
>>
>>77350349
>why Nick gimped Korra so hard after the success of the original series
they thought Bryke would be enough to write it since "they were the creators". It turns out they're not that good. The time slot changes/funds occurred after it failed miserably.
>>
>>77350504
You are mistaken. Korra is mai waifu but I don't think she's good. Toph had enough vulnerability and intelligence bundled with her abrasive bullheadedness to make her likable. Korra was just a dumb bitch, full stop.
>>
>>77350459
Even the original series barely got any merchandise. Partially due to how many female characters there were. Why can't the dumbass feminazis go after the toy industry and leave the rest of us alone?
>>
>>77350538
M8, no one would call their waifu a dumb bitch
>>
>>77350481
>She was going through hard times and wanted to find her way again
'her way' is punching stuff

>The Fight Club was for money
there are other ways to get money that won't involve getting hurt losing all your fights.

>how is training with Toph a bad thing?
the journey is to become the avatar again and to connect to Raava (as she said early in that season). Training with Toph has nothing to do with that goal. The only thing she will learn is how to punch things.

>why would the Avatar want to stop a power hungry conqueror.
how exactly taking lands that belongs to your own nation is a bad thing?
>>
>>77350619
>how exactly taking lands that belongs to your own nation is a bad thing?
When you force citizens to submit or be sent to death camps, that's pretty bad.
>>
>>77350692
>When you force citizens to submit
let's say you live in the United States. If you and a couple of friends decide you don't want to be part of it anymore, what do you think would happen? Everyone is forced to submit. You can't just take land from the United States and do whatever you want.

>be sent to death camps
Korra didn't know that, and that's besides the point. My argument is how Korra fight just because she was told to fight. She doesn't have any argument. She literally just tells Kuvira to stop, and that's it. "stop doing whatever you're doing". She doesn't talk about how taking Zaofu will be bad or try to show her beliefs to Kuvira. It's not about what Korra did, it's how and why she did.
>>
>>77344174
Why is /co/ so bad at criticism, this is literally saying that any character development is shit if it isn't a linear progression continually getting more mature/wiser whatever, like levelling up in a fucking video game.
>>
File: 1429103690945.png (320 KB, 622x561) Image search: [Google]
1429103690945.png
320 KB, 622x561
>>77350281
Uh, no, fine and dandy with the whatever you think is important about that.
The idea, the premise, is an excellent premise.
They fucked it all up from the point of conception.

I could literally give no shits about the accuracy of the combat animation.

The core idea, being that the world is imperiled by racial aggression, and the great equalizer is no where to be found. Great idea. Fantastic idea.

Then they sobered up and fucked it all to hell by cramming in "I love you, you love me, we're a happy bending family". That fucked it all to hell. The very fact that they had to, haaaaad to force Aang and Korra to stay children in times of War is absolutely stupid.

It's not endearing to watch a child cry on the battlefield, it's not touching to watch a child ball their eyes out because they can't attain the standard they believe they're being held to.

Aang and Korra, should have become emotionally broken, PTSD'ed, anxiety and depression ridden husks of human flesh..

Then..
Then Katara and Asami should've stepped in to ease their pain by being friendly and unaware of their pain.

AANG SHOULD BEHAVE LIKE BIG BOSS AFTER THE SHIT HE WENT THROUGH!

You TumblrTards are locked in a permanent state of childhood, thumb sucking, pants shitting, window licking morons that drool over this very, very misleading, and outright false portrayal of youth in conflict.

The message Avatar tries to convey would've made it an actual classic, had they followed through with real consequences to subjecting immature minds to very mature reality of war, death, and mortal struggle.

It is the furthest thing from a classic.

Are you a Brony too?
This is how Bronys act.
"MLP tells great stories for children."
False.
It tells lies with glitter glued to them, giving way to a generation of whine ass Bernie Sanders voters who have no concept of adult emotional management.

Delete your Tumblr account and grow up.
>>
>>77349519
You seem monumentally upset, Anon.

Did Amon take away your bending? It's okay, you're in a safe place
>>
>>77350808
If you haven't noticed people in these threads are very irrational.
>>
>>77350808
Korra didn't change at all after 5 years of life-changing experiences.
>>
>>77350823
Oh shit, there's more.

Do you need a hug? Some anal fissure relief cream? I'm here for you buddy.
>>
>>77342548
Exactly. The whole ending where he was just a bender as well really threw away the coolness of him and basically made his whole idealogy moot.

So instead of defeating the bad guys beliefs and teaching people about how benders should be good with non benders and vice versa, the bad guys own philosophy defeated itself, cause he was a hypocrite.
>>
>>77350847
LoK had an absolute shit ton of flaws, but Korra's arc in S3 and 4 was not one of them. Compare at the end of S4 to the beginning of S1 and there's a big difference
>>
>>77340472
I don't get it.

Kingdom Hearts fans, sonicfags, bronies, homosuckers, trekkies, fucking Twilight fans and whovians - no, I'll go further, people who are into goddamn SUPERWHOLOCK -

All these people are capable of comprehending the concept of character flaws.

What the fuck is wrong with avatards that they can't process a character that isn't written like a Mary Sue?
>>
Reminder that the majority think Legend of Korra is better than Avatar The Last Airbender and /co/ can't do anything about it except hugbox about how much they hate it
>>
File: 1355654618498.jpg (1 MB, 1500x644) Image search: [Google]
1355654618498.jpg
1 MB, 1500x644
>>77350829
>>77350855

I went through a life of conflict called War, kids.
I'm pissed that this is what I come home to.
I'm even more pissed that shitty ass keyboard crusaders have the nerve to lift this trash on high.

It's this fandom that gets kids enlisting killed, because they think it's all going to be rainbows and flying oxen afterward.

Eat shit and die Tumblrtards.
>>
File: adopted.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adopted.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>77343739
For the same reason /tv/ talks about the Star Wars Prequels all the time.

The Legend of Korra wasn't just bad - it was SPECTACULARLY bad. It was HORRENDOUSLY bad, AMAZINGLY bad, GROUNDBREAKINGLY bad.

Never has a cartoon missed the mark in so many different and varied ways. The Legend of Korra should be studied in Film Schools as a prime example of how NOT to write a series
>>
>>77350934
Oh, you're just some soldier who thinks he did something important in the desert
>>
>>77350893
>Korra's arc in S3 and 4 was not one of them

S03:
- fuck you! i'm not fixing the shit i caused in RC
- what do you mean 'you don't want to become an air nomad'? get in here, fucker!
- Lin, why don't you like your sister? c'mon, meet her family! ...oh, you don't like them? you're an awful person!
- you know what would be a good idea? if i go to take the most dangerous crimminals on the planet myself *gets captured*

S04:
- let's travel to the earth nation now. It's not like i need to give a fuck about anyone
- punching will help me connect with Raava
- i'll fight Kuvira for.. reasons
- Kuvira, you don't actually want to help the earth nation even if you worked hard for 3 years helping the earth nation. You just had daddy issues! (because of course, if anyone is against me, there is something wrong with them).
>>
>>77350942
Go fuck yourself, Korra has problems but it's nowhere near as bad as you morons have convinced yourselves.
>>
>>77350893
>>77350997
oh, just to point out:
- let's fight the earth queen because she is forcing airbenders in her army. I'm the only one that can do it.
>>
>>77350997
>Unavaatu's mess blamed on Korra
>Surprised that Korra doesn't understand people not jumping at the chance to fill a predestined bending related duty
>Surprised Korra doesn't understand why Lin viciously hates the kind and hospitable sister Korra didn't know of
>Gets captured as a result of what was meant to be a trap going wrong

what is the point of this if even basic shit like the plan in the finale is just ignored?
>>
>>77351023
LoK is "i'll attack the southern water tribe for no fucking reason" bad. It's "turns into a giant for no reason" bad.

so yeah, it's that bad.
>>
>>77351051
>no reason
You mean you didn't actually pay attention and hate the show because of it.
>>
>>77351048
>Unavaatu's mess blamed on Korra
Unavaatu was Korra's fault. She was the one in the spirit realm for no reason. She was the one that opened both portals. So yeah, her fault.

>>Surprised Korra doesn't understand why Lin viciously hates the kind and hospitable sister Korra didn't know of
Actually, Suyin explained the story

>Gets captured as a result of what was meant to be a trap going wrong
it's not a trap when you plan to take the most dangerous benders by yourself. It's retardation.
>>
>>77351082
care to explain the reason?
>>
>>77350934
Nigger what?
>>
>>77350371
A character who never suffers for their failts is not well-written.
>>
>>77351108
Unalaaq occupied the Water Tribe so that he could secure the portal. The point being that when the time came it was fortified enough that no one could stop him. Plus he hates his brother and used his soldiers to make everyone's lives miserable.

Unavaatu became a giant because Raava was as close to being destroyed as was possible. So, Vaatu was at full power, which he manifested by turning into a fucking kaiju.
>>
>>77351082
Even the creators don't have an explanation for that shit other than they thought it looked cool.
>>
>>77350997
>I'm not fixing the shit I caused
What the hell? She was trying to figure that shit out, it was Raiko who literally banished her before she could, if it were possible at all
>>
>>77351144
>never suffers
She's constantly berated and chewed out for fucking up, and she's almost been beaten to death three times.

You guys are weird in your logic of hating Korra, you say she's too perfect and never loses while at the same time insisting she ruins everything and is a terrible character. Pick one.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x853
>>77350619
Because she was forcing the wealthy people of those lands to share their wealth with everyone else. And that's terrible.
>>
>>77351188
The only time she suffered (end of B3 and it's fallout), it had nothing to do with her character flaws.
>>
>>77351159
>secure the portal
from who?

>when the time came it was fortified enough that no one could stop him
fusion doesn't take much time, and considering Korra fully believed him until he attack the south, she wouldn't do anything as well. And again, who would stop him?

>Plus he hates his brother and used his soldiers to make everyone's lives miserable.
can't he do that after getting Absolute power from Vaatu?

>Unavaatu became a giant because Raava was as close to being destroyed as was possible
headcanon. And i was talking about Korra, that wasn't even the Avatar when she turns into a giant.

>>77351167
>it was Raiko who literally banished her before she could
Raiko only banished her AFTER she said that.
>>
>>77350893
I disagree mostly because it doesn't seem like Korra at the end of season 4 has any connection to Korra in the rest of season 4 and season 3.

It just seems like she was replaced at some point after talking to Zaheer. Maybe it's around the time she goes into the spirit world. But while talking to Kuvira and afterwards at the wedding, there doesn't seem to be any Korra left, she feels more like a self hating Aang than anything, and that doesn't seem to be the development she was supposed to be going through.
>>
>>77350906
Because it has nothing to do with character flaws? Korra is a flawed character sure, but those flaws are never treated as such. Everyone in the show is giving Korra a pass, even the writers are doing it, every time her flaws come into play. And she i never punished for those flaws in any way, so they're not really flaws as much as they're just features.
>>
>>77351514
she still sounds immature while talking to Kuvira. "you helped the earth nation because you have daddy issues" is a very immature way to see things.
>>
>>77351620
The point was more that the way she is talking to Kuvira doesn't make any sense.
This is the person who earlier tried to kill her husband because he got captured and became a liability to her. And Korra is just supposed to treat Kuvira like a victim in this? Korra should have dragged Kuvira out of the portal and thrown her ass in jail, not talk about how sad and similar they are (even when they're not). It makes no sense for the Korra we've seen throughout the show to do this kind of thing. And even if she developed, how does it make any sense to try diplomacy after you've fought "hitler".
>>
>>77350934
I don't know what the fuck you were expecting from a Nickelodeon cartoon, m8.
Yeah, it'd probably be a better series if they dealt with war and PTSD and shit, but I'm just happy we got what we did. For a series that couldn't even say "Jet is dying" they were able to do a lot.
>>
>>77351242
>from who?
The people that weren't even guarding it because the terrain does that job for them obviously.
>>
>>77351023
That's what makes it so interesting.
It's got a lot of things going for it, and I'll grant that none of the characters are pains to hang around, but there's something subtly off about each season. There's something that fails to mesh what should by all rights be a spectacular story together, and that's why we find it so fascinating.
Plus, we've got another much-beloved show made by the same guys in the same world that we can compare it to. It's a perfect laboratory experiment come together.
>>
>>77351023
No it's shit. It was pretty much just a way to show you why some creators need editors or they Gorge lucas the hell out their product.
>>
>>77350349
To be honest, they did want to kill TLA off since they decided to delay book 3, never announced that it was airing and pretended that they cancelled its finale. Better question would be that if they wanted to kill it off so much, why did they give it 'another shot' with korra?
>>
File: latest.png (108 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
108 KB, 333x250
Best character coming through
>>
>>77351857
who knows? perhaps there is some kind of hermit that really wants to go to the spirit world no matter the terrain. He conveniently overhears that the south portal is open and tries to go there. After he is inside, he ends up finding Vaatu somehow, and decides to stick around to see what happens. Then, when he discovers Unalaq will fuse with him, he does Something to stop them.

see? it totally makes sense to attack the south to defend the portal.
>>
File: Suyin.png (87 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Suyin.png
87 KB, 333x250
>>77352095
that's not Suyin.
>>
>>77340472
Holy fuck i need to get vaccinated so I don't catch your autism.
>>
>>77350934
>what I come home to.

Oh so you're a fucking redneck who signed up to murder third worlders on behalf of the 1%? I hope you got paid a decent wage to murder children and high five with other retards over it. You deserve whatever you're complaining about.
>>
>>77352289
80 year old sluts can't be best characters.
>>
>>77352798
>80 year old sluts can't be best characters.
that would be Toph
>>
>>77349519
>implying one bit of this is constitutes a valid critique.

You have a detailed opinion, but nothing more than that, anon.
>>
>>77340727
>chairbender
My fucking sides
>>
>>77340812
Should have just kept him around he enitre series desu senpai. He was good, as was most of season 1.
>>
>>77342334
Who doesn't? show aside Korra is hot asf.
>>
>>77340472
>Seriously, this bitch is getting her ass WHOOPED. Aang never got smacked around this hard, even in his fights.
>>77340536
>1. Aang got protected by the "little kids aren't subjected to harsh violence" rule of cartoons.

It's actually way more simple than that. Aang is an airbender.
Airbending is the fighting style based on dodging and evading. Aang, pretty much from the time he could walk, was learning ways to NOT get hit.

Korra though? Korra sucks at traditional airbending. We see this many, many times. She even needs to invent her own version of it that circumvents the whole "avoid damage" thing for air punches. So it makes sense that she takes way, way more damage than Aang ever did.

Aang has EVA and DEX out the wazoo, but those are dump stats for Korra's.
>>
>>77350782
>You can't just take land from the United States and do whatever you want.

Clive Bundy did.

>>77350782
>She doesn't have any argument.

She doesn't need one; she's the fucking Avatar.
>>
>>77354834
>She doesn't need one; she's the fucking Avatar.
Having a superpowered tapeworm inside you is no basis for a system of government!
>>
>>77340472

>muhh protagonist should be perfect and always win

Stick to TLA, you'll be happier
>>
>>77350506
>Tumblr

Jaysus Aitch.
>>
>>77355109
Why shouldn't the protag be able to win their own battles from time to time?
>>
>>77351242
>from who?
Anyone and everyone. He knew he couldn't keep the charade up forever.

>can't he do that after getting Absolute power from Vaatu?
He's a petty super villain

>headcanon
Nah, the less Raava the more Vaatu. That was established in the Wan episodes.
>And i was talking about Korra
I don't fucking know. Because it looked cool.

Jesus Christ man, can you not enjoy a show unless every little bit and piece makes sense?
>>
File: 743245890.png (686 KB, 821x796) Image search: [Google]
743245890.png
686 KB, 821x796
Korra sure did spend a lot of time tied up.

Do you think she started enjoying it?
>>
>>77349519
>I feel bad for the fans, because some day they'll wake up and realize they've wasted their lives paying any kind of attention to this heaping pile of dog shit called entertainment.
>I don't like this show I must be superior to these peasents

It's entertainment at the end of the day anon, chill.
>>
>>77355770
>Anyone and everyone
the only people that wanted to stop him were the people he pissed off after he attacked the south pole, and even them had no plans to go to the south portal.

>He's a petty super villain
i know he is a big bad villain, but he waited for years. Couldn't he wait a couple more days?

>the less Raava the more Vaatu. That was established in the Wan episodes
which does not translate in giants, like we see in the Wan episodes.

>Because it looked cool
.......it didn't even looked cool.

>can you not enjoy a show unless every little bit and piece makes sense?
well.. it's kind of important for the plot to work. Don't get me wrong; i'm even okay with forced plot like "oh look, people get airbending and zaheer just happens to know everything about that ancient and lost art"... but attacking the south and turning giant was just too random.
>>
>>77356509
Dude when I finish this series, im making a post about this. I'm getting a serious fetish vibe going on here. Maybe I've been too lonely for too long but I'm reasonably certain bryke has her tied up so often for some "other reasons". I mean, some of her bondage is overtly sexual
>>
>>77345658
It's the principle of it

that a gay ending deflects the criticism of the show as a whole. Literally everybody was saying how wonderful the show was for its asspull ending.
>>
That was the point of her character, anon senpai.
Strong independent woman beaten up into submission.
>>
>>77340536
Aang died anon.
>>
>>77355109
Both series had the protagonists lose until their problems were solved for them.
>>
>>77355770
>Jesus Christ man, can you not enjoy a show unless every little bit and piece makes sense?
The main conflict and it's resolution had better make fucking sense.

Your explanations give nothing for Giant Korra or whatever the fuck Jinora did. Or Korra unlocking Airbending in Book 1 by acting as un-Airbenderlike as possible.
>>
>>77357456
technically, no.
>>
>>77357636
it surely didn't help Aang when they lost Ba sing se. Or the day of the black Sun. They lost a lot.
>>
>>77340472
When Aang fought, everyone was doing chinese martial arts. That shit had strict forms and guidelines so it wasn't as brutal. In Korra, everyone use a more streamlined, mma like fighting style, which meant she had to take a lot more punishment in fights than Aang did. But Aang would get rekt during the modern era. look at Tenzin's fights. He relies too much on forms and he always gets his ass handed to him. We all know mma is better than cma.
>>
>>77358244
Tenzin hold his own against the red lotus gang until P'li joins them

Korra loses to basement-dwelling chi-blockers

Bolin/Mako loses to one member of the red lotus gang
>>
File: Original Metalbender.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Original Metalbender.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>77341838
Please say you watched the original Avatar the Last Airbender though cause it's top tier, especially season 2.

I only watched it relatively recently because when I was younger I wasn't gonna watch a show about a bunch of fucking benders.
>>
>>77358366
>Korra loses to basement-dwelling chi-blockers
that then get put down by asami lel
>>
>>77343873
If he had died fo real real then the Avatars would have died with him to be honest senpai.

I'd chalk it up to a near death experience.
>>
>>77349261
>Uh gee Unalaq needs me to open that Spirit Portal to free the Dark Spirit, good thing he won't be able to trick me into opening it like the last one!

>I WARNED YOU ABOUT PORTALS BRAH

>IT KEEPS HAPPENING

All she had to do was nothing. Stupid bitch couldn't even get that right.
>>
Korra had her Avatar State nerfed hard in comparison to Aangs. The writers must have realized that if she could call up aang-tier Avatar State at will shed be far too broken so they just nerfed that shit and gotnrid of its elemental death ball.

With a fully realized Avatar State she would have fed unalaq his own dark Avatar asshole.
>>
>>77358842
>With a fully realized Avatar State she would have fed unalaq his own dark Avatar asshole.
She had a fully realized avatar state and it got dragged out of her and beat like a white kid at a detroit high school
>>
>>77358842
>With a fully realized Avatar State she would have fed unalaq his own dark Avatar asshole.
she had all the past lives when she lost to him.

should i remind you that Unalaq had no past lives and ONE element?
>>
>>77358884
>>77358904
That's the point. She got a shit tier Avatar State. Remember how Aangs had an elementary ball of protection that was impervious to harm and shit? With an avatar state like that Unalaq would have been fucked.
>>
>>77359092
>She got a shit tier Avatar State
no, she was just a shit tier avatar, a shit tier bender and a shit character in a shit tier show with shit tier writing
>>
3>1>4>2
>>
>>77359092
have you consider she couldn't do that because she is a shit avatar?
>>
>>77340812
Amon sucks, just like the rest of korra's villains
>>
>>77341838
Atla is one of the best tv shows ever made
>>
>>77358842
>Korra had her Avatar State nerfed hard in comparison to Aangs
Because she's a fucking retard and got it reset.
>>
File: what.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
Would Korra be any more likable if she won all her fights?
I guarantee you people would complain that she was a "girl-power marysue" if that were the case.
What do you people even want?
>>
>>77359520
See:
>>77341358
>>
>>77359448
I hope you mean western animated TV shows, because otherwise it's not even close.
>>
>>77359603
Best animated tv shows. I don't watch live action garbage.
>>
File: Sabretooth_smile.jpg (61 KB, 386x350) Image search: [Google]
Sabretooth_smile.jpg
61 KB, 386x350
>>77340472
Would you have rather had it be where she is an invincible stronk womyn who can do no wrong? That would be far worse.
>>
>>77359796
It's the worst of both. She fails at every turn, but things get solved for her and she gets praised for it.
>>
>>77340472
>>77340607
>Dumb Bitch Gets Humbled: The Series
STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST!!!
>>
File: b4-trailer-204.png?w=840&h=472.png (124 KB, 840x473) Image search: [Google]
b4-trailer-204.png?w=840&h=472.png
124 KB, 840x473
>>77351592
>And she i never punished for those flaws in any way, so they're not really flaws as much as they're just features.
Why do people always say Korra is never punished for those flaws?
>>
>>77360961
Because she wasn't.

Her one big loss at the end of Book 3 had nothing to do with any of her character flaws.
>>
>>77360961
Challenges are not punishment for character flaws. Protagonists are supposed to overcome challenges while addressing flaws. Korra just overcame challenges while remaining static, or regressing.
>>
File: Korra Thread.jpg (48 KB, 332x363) Image search: [Google]
Korra Thread.jpg
48 KB, 332x363
I guess I'll post these even if they are kind of stupid. A while ago I posted some stuff on how I thought the first season could have been improved and someone wanted to know how I thought the second season could be improved. I typed it up, but the thread died before I could post it. So here they are:

For season one:

1. Make the season longer to expand on Republic City, the triads, and the Equalists would be ideal. This would also give Mako and Bolin a better place in the story as well and let them actually do things.

2. Have Korra get debended earlier and have to learn airbending to compensate. Later on, have her finally get in contact with Aang so they can both talk to each other. Have Aang teach Korra energybending so she can fix herself and everyone else.

3. Make Asami a villain who befriends everyone, eventually leading her to betray her father and the Equalists.

4. Get rid of the stupid relationship bullshit. If Korra has to end up in a relationship have her get together with Mako without the love triangle or stick her with Bolin because they actually had chemistry together.

5. Let Bolin be competent and helpful some of the time. You could tie this back to 1 by making him the guy who knows everyone on the street. He is extremely friendly and outgoing, so it would make sense.

6. Make Mako and Asami interesting. Make Asami be more visibly exited about machines or make Bolin a better Pai Sho player and have him and Asami have a friendly rivalry going. Make Mako more dynamic. Maybe make Mako more sarcastic or interested in literature. Really, just give them anything.

7. This one is more iffy, but have Amon not be a bender, but instead have him be taught energy bending by a spirit. Preferably have him trade his face to Koh in exchange for it.
>>
File: KorraShortHairWorkout.jpg (119 KB, 692x1155) Image search: [Google]
KorraShortHairWorkout.jpg
119 KB, 692x1155
>>77361276
Season two is such a mess it's going to take multiple posts:

1. Don't make Unalaq corrupt. Make him a just, but harsh and theocratic ruler. Minor offenses could be punished with excessive jail time, corperal punishment, and forced labor. Luxery items such as jewelery and spices could be banned under the justification that austerity brings enlightenment. Enforce strict gender roles like what was seen during Season 1 of the original series. Do to her wilder nature, Unalaq forcing his incredibly strict beliefs on the population against their will is enough to make him a villian.

2. Have both Korra and Tenzin initally support Unalaq, but become quickly disallusioned due to his methods. After realizing Unalaq couldn't be reasoned with they would return to Republic City. While Tenzin wouldn't directly get involved and would have misgivings about intervening in foreign affairs, have him relectuntly support Korra and give her advice because she's the Avatar and spiritual matters are her buisness. If Kyoshi could stop Chin the Conquerer, Korra can oppose Unalaq's rule. Heck, have her get some advice from Kyoshi at some point in the season because it makes sense. It could be explained by Harmonic Convergence making Korra's connection to her past lives stronger.

3. Make it so people can hurt spirits. Yes, they're spirits, but they're also in this physical world. The problem is that they can only be driven off, not stopped without spiritual power. If you injure a spirit enough in the physical world it should discorperate and come back the next day or something like that. This makes spirit bending important because it's the only way to convert, kill, or banish a spirit, but it also makes it easier for the rest of the cast to interact with them. The show should probably also touch on ways other forms of bending or possibly on how non-benders can deal with spirits.
>>
File: korra chillin.png (497 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
korra chillin.png
497 KB, 1280x1080
>>77361299
4. I actually liked the idea of opening the spirit portals to bring humans and spirits together, but the problem was all evidence pointed to it being a bad idea. While this is more of a third season thing, benevolent spirits entering the material world due to Harmonic convergence could used as an example during the second season that spirits exisiting in the material world isn't bad. Under Unalaq's rule and with greater access to the physical world, the spirits could cause the weather to be more favorable, disease made both less common and less severe, and increase the amount of fish brought in by fishermen.

5a. Get Team Avatar together and have them collecivly figure out a way to fix everything. Bolin could still be doing the mover star thing, but instead of being a complete jackass, have it so he's just kind of busy so he's only around for meetings and quick missions. His main role in the season would be to inadvertantly feed information to Varick about the team's plans by telling him all about what him and his friends are doing.

As for everyone else keep Asami's business problems as a plot point. With a longer season it wouldn't suck up all the screen time and with Korra and Bolin being around some of the time instead of never it wouldn't force the team to be seperated. Asami should go full Batman with gadgets and intimidation. I think she could be pretty scary if she put on an act where she was cold as ice and threatened to use her shock glove and political connections on people.
>>
File: Korra 3.jpg (240 KB, 540x972) Image search: [Google]
Korra 3.jpg
240 KB, 540x972
>>77361320
5b. Make it so as Mako becomes more obsessed with his attempts to find the terrorists, he actually starts to scare his friends with his intensity. At some point he could take it too far roughing up some criminals and everyone would need to reel him in. With Bolin being busy and Asami and Mako pushing things too far, Korra could actually be the voice of reason for once. Jinora still ends up trapped in the spirit world and Aangs kids still have to save her, but Jinora is no longer some shining light baby Dues ex Machina.

6. Make it so those two cops are actually on the take. If they're working for Varrick instead of being incompetent it doesn't make Lin look like an idiot for putting more faith in them instead of Mako.

7. Korra keeps on having weird hallucinations and random encounters with past lives, like with Kyoshi as mentioned above. This eventually starts causing problems so she asks Tenzin for help. He advices her to go see that one Bhanti shaman. He knows about the tribe because of his time as a child traveling with Aang and his interest in spiritual matters. It turns out the reason Korra is having these visions is because Harmonic Convergence has messed up her connection with Raava and her past lives. This allows the Wan falshback episodes to still happen.

8. At some point have Korra interact with some spirits and discover that a lot of weaker ones are unhappy with Unalaq's rule because of how miserable everyone is. They can't really do anything about it though because Unalaq has managed to appease a handful of powerful spirits who are loyal to Vaatu and uses his spiritual bending to prevent those brave enough to oppose them from going beastmode on his ass.
>>
>>77361337
9. Don't make Vaatu strictly evil, just bad for human civilization. The world under his dominion should be wild and dangerous and the spirits unpradictable and passionate. Instead of being mindless murder machines who are slaves to Vaatu's will, they would be more like Hei Bai from the original series when he was enraged. Being prone to wild moodswings, the spirits would be more likely to flip out and destroy things, and when happy they could take it too far and riot like a bunch of drunken sports fans who's team just beat their big rivals in the finals. Instead of liking humans who where peaceful, they would enjoy the company of those who where prone to excess. As for the world, the weather could be strong and unpredictable, and seismic activity much more common.

10a. Unalaq wants to release Vaatu because he believes the world needs both him and Raava to be in balance. He fuses with Vaatu with the intention of stealing Raava from Korra and becoming some sort of super Avatar. When he pulls Raava out of Korra he doesn't try and destroy her, meaning he doesn't destroy the connection to Korra's past lives, but instead tries to absorb Raava. While it isn't mentioned here, I think it is important to bring up that Unalaq and the Red Lotus had a falling out because he believed that humanity needed a strong hand to guide them.
>>
File: Korra 2.jpg (217 KB, 600x1078) Image search: [Google]
Korra 2.jpg
217 KB, 600x1078
>>77361348
10b. Before he does so, Unalaq talks to Raava in order to explain his motivation, but Vaatu is against the idea so he siezes control of him. Before Vaatu can kill Raava one of Korra's friends intervenes. Maybe Mako hits him with a fire blast, maybe Asami hits him with a throwing weapon, or someone someone just chucks a snow ball at him. Regardless, this destracts him long enough for Raava and Korra to fuse and start fighting UnaVaatu in the Avatar State. While this is happening, everyone else is fighting off spirits who are trying to intervene. Eventually some of the weaker spirits mentioned earlier show up too when the swarm of spirits becomes too much for everyone to handle.

11. Due to getting to know some spirits and seeing what spiritual assistance did for the Water Tribe, Korra decides that the gates should be opened. This is further justified by her believing that humans are strong enough now to deal with spirits if they need to. She also realizes that do to her connection with Raava she can enact spiritual change during harmonic convergence. She uses energybending to awaken airbending in people who are descended from airbenders. As Harmonic Convergence ends, Korra's connection to her past lives weaken, but they're still stronger than they where before do to her growing skill in spiritual matters.

Finished.
>>
>>77361034
So just like Aang?
>>
>>77361421
Yes. Have you not seen how much people hate ATLA's ending?
>>
>>77350934
Put that valor back and get out, boy.
>>
>>77361276
>>77361299
>>77361320
>>77361337
>>77361348
I really like all these ideas anon, especially using Koh as an explanation for Amon. The thing is, almost ANY idea any anon here has posted usually ends up better than the original writing - it's not that we're all geniuses, it's just that we're comparing our ideas to retards'.
>>
Hey, a Korra thread. You guys remember when the Earth Queen became the most despized person in cartoon history?
>>
>>77340472
>Aang never got smacked around this hard, even in his fights.
Aang was a mary sue
>>
>>77341838
It's worth watching for the fights. Beautiful choreography. And the designs and world too, like I thought that metal city was really cool. And just the general cultural aesthetics
>>
>>77360983
So let me see if I got you: A person should suffer constantly because they have one or two character flaws.

Good thing /co/ didn't write this series. Its be nothing but a creepy sadists dream.
>>
>>77359362
Have you considered that it has nothing to do with the character, but instead Brykes inability write?
>>
>>77360961
It's because she never suffers the consequences of those flaws, sometimes she loses and sometimes she feels bad, but it's never because she was bullheaded or lacked in the spiritual aspect of being the avatar. The closest we got to that was season 1 where Amon abushed her.

>>77363337
Obviously thats not what anon said. We want people to be challenged by their character flaws, Korra never was because everytime she would have had to adapt the story warped itself so she could win without it.
>>
>>77362617
I won't deny that. Korra is a solid idea wrapped in ten pounds of shit.
>>
>>77363457
NEWS FLASH: The story supports the protagonist.

>we want them to be challenged by their character flaws
Why does this only apply to Korra? How many other action protagonists have you guys wanted this for. Characters like Ahsoka and Illana were never "challenged for their flaws"
>>
>>77340727
Shit writting, ruined potential the series...at least it spawned a wave of top shelf porn.
>>
>>77340812
Ruined potential for a long multi season villan or character, hell have him defeated in season 1 but keep himaround inprison as an advisor to korra like Hannible lector.

Also invalidated a legitmate social injustice concern about non benders but hey their leader was a fraud and a terrorist, so the whole issue gets dropped, hell they probably rounded up all the non benders into death camp between season 1 and 2.
>>
>>77363752
>Characters like Ahsoka
Yes she was dumbass one is where she was forced to sty in the temple because she wouldn't listen to orders and learned patience or some shit after she lost her lightsaber. Then when Anakin was injured and she had to learn from Secura to put the mission first. Then the whole last of season 5 arc about her being a fugitive is her learning how to adapt when she was framed.
Get fucked.
>>
>>77358244
>That shit had strict forms and guidelines so it wasn't as brutal. In Korra, everyone use a more streamlined, mma like fighting style

None of her enemies fought using pro bending moves. Unalaq, Eska and Desna use traditional Tai Chi waterbending.

Red Lotus uses a lot of special snowflake OP powers.

Equalists use chi blocking.

The only one, I gues, is Kuvira, whose moves were inspired by Mohhamed Ali.

>>77358366
>Korra loses to basement-dwelling chi-blockers

One time, and them she kick their asses later. It also helps that a lot of them were almost Ty Lee level, and she could take down alite earthbenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ZYpawbAP4

People thinking that equalists are weak, just because they train on secret bases are really fucking dumb, there was some that were still learning, because there are alway new people o the movement, but Amon obviously would have the better ones with years of training on his most important missions.

Their victory record is really high considering that they are just mooks, I would say that they are almost Dai Li level of menance.
>>
>>77345658
I don't hate the idea of her being gay. The problem is how it was handled. There's no previous mention of it throughout the series all while showing her romantically involved with a Mako who was previously involved with Asami, who she ends up. We barely see these two together or even alone to themselves throughout the entire series. I think the only time they were alone for large portion of time was on that Earth Kingdom Zeppelin which was mostly an escape sequence. I guess that one event somehow sparked an attraction between the two of them but we as the audience don't know because we don't see anything to tell us this.

What was the point? They weren't allowed to show she was gay, so why bother? Just coming out and saying "Oh yeah she WAS gay the whole time", comes off as trying to pander rather than trying to represent because they did no representing in the entire series.
>>
>>77359144
>>77359362

Dont be stupid guys, you are saying that is the character fault for being weak when they were on a state explicitly told to gather the stregh of ALL the previous lives, when it is just the writters nerfing the avatar state for no reason at all or explanation.

This is a case of bad writting, stop acting like she is a real person.

The thing is: If the writters had stick with what the avatar state was stabelished to be and be able to do, nothing like that would have happened.
>>
>>77361299
>The show should probably also touch on ways other forms of bending or possibly on how non-benders can deal with spirits.

What about making all the non-benders the only ones that could convert and spirit bend?
>>
>>77361320
>While this is more of a third season thing, benevolent spirits entering the material world due to Harmonic convergence could used as an example during the second season that spirits exisiting in the material world isn't bad. Under Unalaq's rule and with greater access to the physical world, the spirits could cause the weather to be more favorable, disease made both less common and less severe, and increase the amount of fish brought in by fishermen.

Fucking this.

The show already showed that some spirits are willing to help humans and cure deseases out of kindness, and we are show that Hei Bai seems to be worshiped as some sort of forest god....buuuuut Korra rarely treat the spirits as something with religious meaning, or show what they can offer for the world besides being cool pokemon.

The crew basically put all the downsides of the existence of spirits on old folklore, but never mentioned the good side of having good spirits cooperating with mankind.

Seriously, season 2 could have been about achieving a balance between industrial and natural, old vs new and an indication of a bright future where technology and enviroment and spiritualitty magik could work together.
>>
>>77364102
In fairness, they were seriously thinking about it since season 3, but they knew Nick would never let them do this shit that way so they had a "their gay, fuck you" thrown in on the way out the door.
>>
>>77361276
>>77361299
>>77361320
>>77361337
>>77361348
>>77361355

Saved.

>>77361439
These people are idiots to be honest.

>huuur it would have been better if Ang killed Ozai!!!!XD
>>
>>77364200
Again, why even bother?
>>
>>77363752
>NEWS FLASH: The story supports the protagonist.
Usually they have to do things themselves before it works out ok.

>Why does this only apply to Korra?
Who says it does? This applies to every protag i can think of. It's one of the things that drives the story normally.
>>
>>77364200
But that's wrong. They even said that themselves in the blogposts. They never though about it before season 4, but are pretending like it developed "organicly" throughout season 3.
>>
>>77363752
Aang had to deal with his flaws and their results throughout the series. He was also a child and nowhere nearly as trained as Korra was at bending and yet he rose up to his duty. Korra just does what she wants and always comes out right.
>>
>>77363337
I'm saying a character should suffer for their flaws, period. Otherwise they're not actually treated as flaws.
>>
>>77363752
>Why does this only apply to Korra? How many other action protagonists have you guys wanted this for.
It Applies to literally every protagonist ever.

Nobody fucking liked Ahsoka.
>>
>>77363752
>NEWS FLASH: The story supports the protagonist.
This is the absolute opposite of a good story.

A protagonist should be challenged by their weaknesses and forced to overcome them. That's like ht most fundamental principle of storytelling there is.
>>
File: HowTo.jpg (171 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
HowTo.jpg
171 KB, 1000x600
>>77364214
>These people are idiots to be honest.
>huuur it would have been better if Ang killed Ozai!!!!XD
It didn't suck because Ozai lived. It sucked because Aang was handed a free win to both the physical fight AND the moral dilemma instead of actually having to overcome either of them himself.
>>
>>77361320
Spirits were Always assholes. Your idea is basically to turn spirits into something different. Not only that, the idea is still retarded because there would be no way for Korra to know spirits would suddenly change and help humans. The risk she took is still completely stupid.
>>
>>77364180
Perhaps because spirits don't have any religious meaning, and that's why people don't treat them like that?

There are no good sides of opening the portals.
>>
>>77363337
Not 'constantly'. Just until they fix those flaws.
>>
>>77363752
Ahsoka is a Mary sue.
>>
>>77349519
>Its cheap, it's watered down Asian culture with a Westernized ultra-Politically
well not sure about other but i agree with this
>>
>>77364096
Amon was talking normal citizens to be chi blockers. Saying they are the same level of Ty Lee requires a lot of assumption. Korra trained her entire life and lost.
>>
File: 1445551076988.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445551076988.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>there are people still defending korra's incompetence to this day
>>
>>77365316
Even without energybending Aang didn't need to kill Ozai. I don't get the difference between locking Ozai with and without bending.
>>
>>77367275
>Spirits were Always assholes.

The Lady of the Lake cured people.
Hey Bai helped Aang.
The Mother of the Faces literally gives people their faces.
Iroh is on the path to become a spirit, and has numerous spirits friends, korra lso was helped by spirits, actually, we saw much more "neutral" than benign or malicious spirits.

And spirits are as bad as you wright them.

>Not only that, the idea is still retarded because there would be no way for Korra to know spirits would suddenly change and help humans.

Thats why the season is being rewritten and spirits cooperate to defeat Unalak. Seems that you dot have imagination, you are literally Bryke level.
>>
>>77367306
>Perhaps because spirits don't have any religious meaning, and that's why people don't treat them like that?

Hey Bai has a temple.
The Painted Lady, is basically folk religion beliefs.
The Moon/Sea oasis is sacred for the North Water Tribe.
>>
>>77367391
>Amon was talking normal citizens to be chi blockers.

Thats like almost all martial artists experts start. Why the sudden elitism? Just because we saw a secret training base, suddenly all chi blockers are incompetent and dont know how to fight, even if it contradiicts what we are show?

>Saying they are the same level of Ty Lee requires a lot of assumption.

I am saying this based on what they showed us, going by feats, most mooks seemed to be on Blue Spirit level.

>Korra trained her entire life and lost.

One time, on their first fight, after that she won every other conflict with them.
>>
>>77367604
>Thats like almost all martial artists experts start. Why the sudden elitism? Just because we saw a secret training base, suddenly all chi blockers are incompetent and dont know how to fight, even if it contradiicts what we are show?

Amon probably spent years, maybe even one or two decades building his plans, judging by the amount of mooks that he has, and the size of his base and the number of his resources.
>>
>>77340472
The second and the third books aren't canon, just watch 1st and 4th, those are awesome.
>>
>>77341320
Korra becomes disabled in season 3, but the brave guys from white lotus save her and keep in a secret place until one day she escapes. Then the whole season she's restoring her power like she did in actual season 4 early episodes, and in the epic end she and her friends with support from white lotus fuck the fearsome foursome and once again the avatar rules the world.
>>
File: 1421608081339.png (612 KB, 1036x1037) Image search: [Google]
1421608081339.png
612 KB, 1036x1037
>>77367811
>4th
>awesome
>>
>>77367434
Because the rock and lionturtle together mean Aang wasn't challenged at all, and so his "victory" was hollow and had no relation to his character or journey.

They created a conflict then threw it out before Aang had to deal with it, making the entire conflict pointless.
>>
>>77367434
>Even without energybending Aang didn't need to kill Ozai
Because he suddenly got the Avatar State back during the fight, handing him a free victory.
>>
>>77367921
Why not? I hate 2nd and 3rd because those are based around Korra completely. Korra, Korra, Korra... Korra fucks the world, everyone supports Korra, Korra you are strong, Korra it's alright, what the fuck, since when is this stupid bitch the center of the universe?
And in the 4th book it's finally fixed: she is just another character in the team, like it was with Aang. Did Aang destroy the fire nation airfleet? No, it was Sokka, Suki and Toph. Did Aang protect the earth kingdom? No, it was the white lotus. All Aang actually did was messing up with Ozai, while his friends did all the dirty job, and it's pretty good, interesting to watch. Same with Korra's 4th season
>>
File: smug.png (74 KB, 229x237) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
74 KB, 229x237
>>77367970
>Because the rock and lionturtle together mean Aang wasn't challenged at all, and so his "victory" was hollow and had no relation to his character or journey.

>There are autistics on this site that trully believe this.

>Missing the entire point of these scenes.

>You should comit suicide.

>Holly kek, this is how real autism looks like.
>>
>>77367811
Book 3 is the only good one.

Book 1 is terrible and Book 4 is decent at best.
>>
>>77368027
It's true. If your protagonist isn't challenged, it's a shit story.

That's not autism. That's one of, if not the, most basic principle(s) of storytelling.
>>
>>77368029
Then you fucking suck. The third book is the one most centered on Korra.
>>
>>77368029
Book 4 is terrible all the way through.
Book 1 was rocky but it could've made a Hail Mary if the last few minutes weren't such shit.
>>
>>77368027
>Missing the entire point of these scenes.
What point?

Aang only won because the universe bent over backwards to let him. There's no meaning to be taken from that.
>>
>>77368087
>The third book is the one most centered on Korra.
Are you from Bizarro Earth?

It's the season with Korra doing the least and getting the least focus by far.
>>
File: 1418085002791.jpg (64 KB, 512x496) Image search: [Google]
1418085002791.jpg
64 KB, 512x496
>>77368026
The pacing is book 4 is objective fucking shit.
First a time-skip that throws us into an entirely new situation we need lengthy exposition spiels to understand, undermining all the momentum book 3 had been building towards.
Korra is nerfed twice and has to find two different yodas to help her overcome her almost identical idiot issues.
An honest-to-god clip show episode, two thirds of which is Korra and Mako straight up listing the reasons why they suck.
A ham-fisted "romance" that has less meaning to it than the rushed marriage between the two comedy-relief characters.
Plus the Zaofu fight has literally no reason to happen except for Su, Opal and Korra being idiots and the robot is stupid from the get-go.
Giving the other characters shit to do isn't enough of an excuse.
It ends with a giant robot.
Book 4 can suck my anonymous dick. It is shit and giving shit characters more screentime doesn't make up for it.
>>
>>77350934
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>77350823
Dude, chill. It's a series for children. Give them that shit when they get older.
>>
Actually Aang got his ass trashed pretty bad at the end of book 2.
>>
>>77367518
>The Lady of the Lake cured people.
we don't even get to see that spirit

>Hey Bai helped Aang
i believe he attacked Aang too

>The Mother of the Faces literally gives people their faces
that doesn't even compensate her wolf attacking people randomly

>on the path to become a spirit
i don't think that's how it works.

>we saw much more "neutral" than benign or malicious spirits
the panda spirit, the douchebag from the rift, Koh, the wolf from mother of faces, the spider spirit in LoK, actually.. most of the spirits on S02 of LoK, the vines, probably the spirit on smoke and shadow, the spirits from Wan episodes, arguably even Vaatu/Raava... there were plenty of assholes

>Thats why the season is being rewritten
rewritten to make spirits act like something else they're not
>>
>>77367557
>Hey Bai has a temple.
not really

>basically folk religion beliefs
headcanon

>The Moon/Sea oasis is sacred for the North Water Tribe
We don't really see them saying 'sacred', just forbidden to enter, if i'm not mistaken.
>>
>>77368137
Top kek. It's the season where everyone doesn't give a shit about the whole world getting fucked up so hard by Korra, and everyone seems to be not even noticing that, instead, everyone is trying to support Korra.
> First a time-skip that throws us into an entirely new situation
After Korra is disabled in the end of season 3. That seems logical and fair.
> Korra is nerfed twice and has to find two different yodas to help her overcome her almost identical idiot issues.
Yeah, that's fucking it! Finally, she lost all her powers and she's lower than a typical earth bender. She gets beaten up by usual people, she is fucking nothing. Bolin, Mako, Varrick, Lin and the others have to save the world, their role is much more important.
> An honest-to-god clip show episode, two thirds of which is Korra and Mako straight up listing the reasons why they suck.
Dunno what you're talking about, but it doesn't even sound bad.
> A ham-fisted "romance" that has less meaning to it than the rushed marriage between the two comedy-relief characters.
Every single season of Korra has its own fan service. But in the season 4, Varrick and Zhu Li actually make a lot of impact on the whole flow of the plot.
> Plus the Zaofu fight has literally no reason to happen except for Su, Opal and Korra being idiots and the robot is stupid from the get-go.
Okay now that's top kek.
> Giving the other characters shit to do isn't enough of an excuse.
> It ends with a giant robot.
> It is shit and giving shit characters more screentime doesn't make up for it.
What I like about season 4 is that it's much, really much closer to the original series of Aang. More acting characters, the fan service has it's own time, the plot is twisted, Korra has to start from nothing to then become as powerful as before, and there are no stupid kiddish feelings now based simply and only on the characters' age. (because the characters are more adult?)
>>
>>77368592
>>77368217
The post's too long, fuck that.

I can't understand how someone can enjoy Aang series but call Korra's 4th season shit. TLOK was never more close to Aang than in its book 4.
>>
>>77368624
Because even though it's "closer" it's still fucking shit compared to ATLA
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.