[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thor: Godbutcher storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 223
From a time long forgotten......

Before girl power passes and ethics in hammer wielding.....

There was a god, and a butcher, and the war they waged across time.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77337568
This story is based, OP. Thank you.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Along with Heavens on fire, one of the best things Aaron has ever done, too bad the run falls in quality super hard after this arc, even before the whole fem thor debacle, the Malekit arc was just mediocre, get your shit together Aaron, also thanks for the storytime OP
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77337960
>>77338069
No problem senpai

I'm mostly a DC reader but even I thought this was one of the best Thor stories I'd ever read

Sucks to know Aaron is capable of stuff like this though
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I hope you guys are still reading
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77338810
Such bros
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Reading this really drives home how shitty fem-thor is.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
See what I love best about this arc is that it could have been a DEEP take on religion and make statements about morals and existentialism and other bullcrap but instead it just gives us some fucking hardcore metal adventure.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
that was metal as fuck
>>
File: 1364986563395.jpg (116 KB, 400x536) Image search: [Google]
1364986563395.jpg
116 KB, 400x536
>that feel when you won't have any more awesome Thor stories for many years until She-Thor fucks off
>>
>>77338116
>>77338151
These two pages are fucking amazing. I remember reading it the first time and having a rare and genuine OH SHIT moment.

Thanks for the story time, OP.

Anyone have any other thor story recommendations?
>>
>>77337568
It's a shame what happened with this run. Started off with the best Thor story since Simonson and then everything after was garbage.
>>
been without the ability to dl and read comics outside of storytimes and viewcomicdotcom for 4 months, and got 2-3 left to go.

been wanting to read this since may when i finally started catching up on post siege marvel. i took a 3 year hiatus from /co, comics, and buying anything but the occasional grant morrison trade (almost done collecting the invisibles and gaimans sandman) or whatever. spent january-march catching up on the new 52, reading tons and tons of books. from april-may i started reading marvel i missed out on from the same time period and was enjoying hickvengers so much. really wanted to read this often mentioned thor run since i finally took note of it in june (didnt have pc then like im stuck now in the same situation) so OP thank you /cobro
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 689x486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 689x486
>>77337635
This cracks me up
>>
>>77341759
Bullshit dude.
Accursed wasn't bad it was just blisteringly meh.
And Last Days of Midgard was great.

And the only thing really wrong with the female Thor issues so far is the Titana scene.
>>
>>77337568
Fuck yeah Anon this has been on my back burner for ages!
>>
>>77337635
>Well shit
>>
>>77340848
God teir page
>>
>>77339011
>>
Awesome Thor

Is there another awesome Thor by other writers?
>>
>And the only thing really wrong with the female Thor issues so far is the Titana scene.

Only thing? KeK
>>
Do you also happen to have the next issue? It's still kinda an epilogue and is also pretty fucking god tier
>Slice of life stories of a god
>>
File: Thor nightmare.jpg (527 KB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
Thor nightmare.jpg
527 KB, 988x1500
>>77342714
Do you want something like you just read? Because there was a Thor comic that came out a couple of years ago that was pretty cute. Art was on point and the writing was good too
>>
>>77342761
Don't know why I spoilered
>>
>>77337568
The art is mighty impressive, what's the artist working on now?
>>
>>77342880
Secret Wars.
>>
>>77342898
Huh, I was wondering if that is his current work at first- turns out that is indeed the case.
>>
>>77342761
I do reccomend reading this comic. Thor the Mighty Avenger is what it's called. It's kinda like a romance comic, and it's actually good. Appearances from Mr.Hyde, Captain Britain, Ironman, and even Ant-Man
>>
>>77342898
>>77342927
You can tell because all the Thors are recycled straight from here!

Seriously, SW is Ribic worst work to date, the schedule really fucked him over. Read Sub-Mariner: the Depths or Ultimates to see him give his best.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (852 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
852 KB, 1988x3056
>>77342982
I couldnt even tell that this was his work. He's real good
>>
Bumping a truly god-tier tale.
>>
>>77340886
HOLY FUCKING CHRIST
>>
You anons did not lie; That was metal as fuck.
It will be hard to sleep with this throbbing erection but I'll find a way. Goodnight.
>>
and this makes me wonder what that god damned spiderverse would have been with a better writer
>>
This is an amazing story.
Deep, full of pathos and feelings and amazing wonder, and epic beyond measure, a time spanning tale across the galaxy, full of gods, wars, vikings...

And we traded this for Girl Thor?
>>
>>77337685
trading this for feminism

o tempora o mores
>>
I love this so much. I really tried getting into She-Thor, but I just can't. The writing is atrocious and it feels like they've already worn out the novelty of it.
>>
>>77337568
Such a solid arc
>>
>>77342039
How about Thor losing the hammer to begin with?
How about "cancer patient" being sufficient grounds to have "ethics in hammer wielding?"
How about the mere concept of Thor losing his first fucking name?

Even if Thorina's stories were good they'd still be predicated on bullshit. That might be forgivable, again, if the stories were good.

They aren't.
>>
>>77343455
It's only a matter of time before Whor is phased out.
>>
File: 1378187516034.jpg (364 KB, 1280x2030) Image search: [Google]
1378187516034.jpg
364 KB, 1280x2030
>>77342880
>>77342982
>>77343035
Also recommend Silver Surfer Requiem and the early 00s Loki mini (the trade's callrf Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers).
Shit the latest Requiem storytime might still be in the archive.
>>
>no issue 12
awwww. :(
There's enough room for it though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 223

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.