[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: Vision (2015-) 001-000.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Vision (2015-) 001-000.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
Looks like The Vision.
>>
A well written and interesting book. I know that as a Marvel fan you're not used to this strange thing called good writing but stick with it, based King will deliver
>>
>>77335401
A good book
>>
>>77335547

>A well written and interesting book
>based King will deliver

So it's confirmed canceled by issue 6 due to shit sales, then?
>>
>>77335401
A comic book
>>
>>77335744
Marvel will relaunch it at issue 5 though
>>
>>77335839
They'll relaunch it in two separate titles, All-New Vision written by Bendis and The Uncanny Visions written by Bunn. Both last for at least 30 issues
>>
Someone should storytime this. /co/ keeps raving, but desu won't work for me
>>
>>77335547
I'm not a Marvel fan though.

I think it's... mediocre and I'm measuring /co/'s enthusiasm on this title, too much and it's shit for sure.
>>
>>77335401
A superhero emotionally neglecting and abusing his family.
>>
>>77336287
>abusing
what?
>>
> tfw People at last realize Vision was the baby crazy one.
>>
>>77335401
That cover is grotesque. They looked like flayed people.

Who approved this?
>>
Marvel's best book right now.

>>77335981
Archive, bruh. Threads stay on here for a week. I'll even do the work for you.
>>77224870
>>
>>77336605
>494 replies

Couldn't even get 6 more?
>>
File: vision-crying.jpg (55 KB, 200x222) Image search: [Google]
vision-crying.jpg
55 KB, 200x222
>>77336414
Vision is fine when he cries enough to scare the crazy away, once he gets read of that he starts becoming crazy, Ultron would love his new family though
>>
>>77336605
BASED ANON
A
S
E
D

A
N
O
N
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 730x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 730x732
>>
A well-written comic
>>
>>77336598
that's intentional senpai
>>
File: aya crazy.png (315 KB, 768x720) Image search: [Google]
aya crazy.png
315 KB, 768x720
>>77335401
A story about Vision abandoning the "daughter" of the High Evolutionary/his wife and their thousands of robot children just so that he can clone himself in order to start his own family?
>>
File: vision and virginia.jpg (1 MB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
vision and virginia.jpg
1 MB, 1249x1920
>>77336358
>You can't even remember something I told you like five minutes ago? What are you? Brain damanged? Eugh. Well arguing would be a complete waste of my time and energy, so I'll just tell you what you need to know because you obviously weren't listening. So cut the waterworks.
>>
>>77337059
Now an edit where there dialogue is replaced with the human equivalent sounds interesting
>>
File: h.jpg (177 KB, 626x1250) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
177 KB, 626x1250
>>
>capeshit
>good
jesus christ I hate /co/
>>
>>77335547
Too bad it'll be canceled before 10 issues. Same goes for Karnak. I hope DC gives King something big to do.
>>
>>77337326

You could leave and never come back.
>>
>>77337326
I'm with you, but this isn't really a cape story, at least not so far.

It almost feels like the sort of thing Vertigo would have put out back in its prime.
>>
>>77336897
wait, what?

why would he do that?

also the vison hasn't talked like this >>77337059
in decades.
>>
>>77336897
>A story about Vision abandoning the "daughter" of the High Evolutionary/his wife and their thousands of robot children just so that he can clone himself in order to start his own family?
Remender's story was shit. This story is good.
>>
A very good Marvel comic.

Which means it's above average were it to be from any other publisher.
>>
>>77337565
>It almost feels like the sort of thing Vertigo would have put out back in its prime.

I... lol, when the fuck do you consider Vertigo was at its prime? Do you think you can label this thing with such high praise after one issue?

/co/ is just desperate to jump on some bandwagon, holy fuck,
>>
>>77337573
>also the vison hasn't talked like this >>77337059 in decades.
Didn't you read Avengers #0? He basically was having a memory problem since ghosts of the past kept appearing before him, he went to Wanda to tell her he had wiped his HDD.
>>
File: Scarlet-Witchs-ghosts.jpg (153 KB, 800x707) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet-Witchs-ghosts.jpg
153 KB, 800x707
>>77337826
pic related
>>
I hope they give King Green Lantern with anything to do and run his imagination wild. He's already doing a cosmic story arc with Omega men. Maybe he'll even give more spotlight to Kyle.

There'll be too much editorial interference with big titles like Batman.
>>
>>77338121
I wish Omega Men had been more popular, we needed a revival of non GL based DC Cosmic
>>
>>77337585
it's whatever really.

how many fucks can you give on a "volume" you know is only six issues long and riddled with mandates?
>>
>>77338121

They'll have to pry GL from Johns' cold, dead hands first.
>>
Jesus. Vision's now even colder and less human than Ultron. At least that prick has raging passion.
>>
>>77337873
That's a hot problem to have.
>>
>>77338555
Ultron is more human than ever with Pym's heart in him.
>>
>>77338416
Is Johns even writing a GL book right now? Isn't it just Bunn on Sinestro and Vendetti on Hal?
>>
>>77338693
He's not.

But /co/ doesn't read comics hence why that guy still assumes Geoff Johns is still writing Green Lantern.
>>
>>77338416
Johns left GL long ago.
>>
File: internet arguments.jpg (59 KB, 328x283) Image search: [Google]
internet arguments.jpg
59 KB, 328x283
>>77337059
>>
File: plastic flowers.jpg (1 MB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
plastic flowers.jpg
1 MB, 1000x667
It's pretty cool so far, I'm looking forward to #2.

Also, since every single type of flower in that vase dies, wouldn't it be possible just to put in plastic flowers? It would match the artifical theme. Something like, even though it wasn't meant to hold life doesn't mean it can't minic the beauty of it artifically
>>
>>77335401

>>dat just barely painted over low-res photograph of house and bushes, leaving awful digital brushstrokes

I want western comic art to die
>>
>>77338416

Johns hasn't touched GL in a long time, dude. Read some comics why don't you.
>>
>>77337059
Okay I bet there's a clue here

Do we know any Marvel girls who've had a bad time of it in high school?
>>
>>77338881
>Marvel
>hiring good artists

There's your problem.
>>
Does Vision ever not make the woman who loves him cry all the time? I remember him making Wanda cry a lot well before Bendis entered the picture.
>>
>>77339083
>Del Mundo
>not a good artist
>>>/trash/

That said, the bushes are extremely lazy.
>>
>>77339083
>thinking Mike Del Mundo is bad

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>77339056
Don't know. Scarlet Witch never went to school.
>>
>>77338684
Speaking of which, Starfox really needs to Love Blast Vision and Virginia.
>>
>>77335963
Plus Vision will come out as transgender and half Asian half Mexican. They'll announce it on Oprah and have 80 variants, one for each tumblr sjw who praises them for their progressiveness then never reads the book.
>>
>>77336605
Holy fuck that was good.
>>
>>77338416
Johns last issue on Green Lantern was #20. They're at like 46. Read a comic before complaining about them. That being said, they'll have to pry it from Venditti's cold dead hands since he doesn't seem to leave any book he's on but just continues to destroy the history of the character and wipe everything out. Seriously, there's literally no GL Corps now and Hal is a fucking bounty hunter using an ancient glove instead of a ring. His Flash is even worse.
>>
>>77340736
Not to mention that apparently the GL corps were destroying the universe the entire time because their rings were siphoning off energy from the universe or some shit and so they're all villains. Fuck Venditti.
>>
>>77340736
I don't hate Hal's new direction, he has shown self destructive tendencies in the past and he didn't like the leader gig since he's always preferred being not tied down. My problem is that the execution is a snore.
>>
>>77340789
that sounds retarded
>>
>>77340795
I'd be okay with it if it wasn't still going on. A story like that with 3 or 4 issues would be cool, but it's been the same shit since June and nothing substantial has happened. I feel like I read the same issue every month.
>>
>>77340916
Exactly
>>
>>77338857
Thanks for spoiling the ending, fuckwad.
>>
Ok, does anyone have a straight answer for me?
Why does most of this crap they try to do with human characters kind of fall flat a lot of the time.
But when they do this with you know for a fact not people and they act like people it strikes you right at your core.
Why do I always get these vibes from these no quite people stories, too?
>>
>>77340587
Awww I'm sad now
>>
>>77337406
>Implying Ellis will last more than six issues
And is Trees still going? Or did he give up on that?
>>
>>77337059
>He doesn't hold his thumb and pinky to his head like a phone
I was a little disappointed, but I guess that's too much humor for this Vision
>>77336710
Do you have "THERE WERE BLUEPRINTS AND EVERYTHING"? I saved it but I can't remember where
>>
>>77343458

Because it's the fact that they're a simulacrum of humans in a way that is not quite natural and is, therefore, deeply unsettling is what makes the story gripping.

You can sense the tension building up throughout the story with their impersonal and robotic interactions with one another. There's an intense feeling of foreboding that really makes this book stand out. You know things are going to go completely fucking horribly wrong, you're just strapping in and waiting to see how wrong it goes and why.

And the detached, apathetic narrative style of the boxes really helps to drive home how unsettling everything about the Vision family is.
>>
>>77343932
>And is Trees still going?
Trees #12 was released last August, and #13 is in the Image Comics Weekly Delays Tsunami (notably includes Bloodstrike, Elephantmen, and Nameless).
>>
Wasn't this an episode of Star Trek Voygager, where the Doctor went on the holodeck and made himself a family?
>>
File: approved.png (379 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
approved.png
379 KB, 325x500
>>77336598
>>
>>77335401
Modern Marvel.
>>
>>77344514

I know you thought you were being clever and derogatory, but this was probably one of the best first issues to come out of Marvel in years.
>>
>>77337326

See>>77337248
>>
>>77335401
The Sewuel to Watchmen
>>
>>77335401
The book that saved Marvel.
>>
>>77344860
I really like Tom King, but everyone knows the actual sequel to Watchmen was Giffen/Dematties JLI (http://andrewhickey.info/2012/06/06/before-watchmen/, midway down)
>>
>>77335401

Not huge on most Marvel. Don't really know The Vision.

>can't wait for #2
>>
>>77345021
This. When does it come out?
>>
>>77345101
>>77345021
Not sure, but there should be plenty of copies available. Marvel is matching every LCS' orders for issue 1 away for free, so the sales of the second issue would be the same as the sales for the first. Which says two things:
>Marvel REALLY wants people to check out Vision since they recognize that its their best book
>Sales for the first issue were probably shit or else giving away issue 2 for free would cause them to lose a shit ton of money
>>
>>77343736
Don't be sad! The Marvel Vision Universe will end with Marvel Cataclysm, but a whole slew of new titles will relaunch in 2017!

Vision '95 will have 6 covers and run for 5 issues and detail the unexplored sexual tension between Vision and Crystal, Quicksilver and Hawkeye and Sersi and Lockjaw!

Astonishing Tales of the Unexpected Vision will run for 12 issues, with a special limited edition 0.5 issue available only through midwestern Walmarts! Special cameos by Ghost Riding Steamtrain Driver, Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck!

Vision and the Mighty Avengers will have not one, but two, count 'em, two Zero issues, all cover pages, and last for 3 Special Giant-Size 28 page issues with an Agents of ATLAS backup feature!

The Uncanny Vision will turn everything you know about the Vision on its ear by showing that he's really Wanda's sister. This special issue ramps up the quality of the typical Marvel interior art by letting an elephant paint it!

The Amazing Vision will be an ongoing series (for 6 issues, more or less) where Vision teams up with, well, mostly Spider-Man, providing nightwatchman duties for Peter Parker's new Parker Industries!

Vision and Wolverine will detail Vision's quest to uncover his mutant heritage, become a Ronin and find an adamantium dildo and features a special crossover EVENT with every other comic in the Marvel Universe that you simply MUST BUY in order to get the full story!

And Ultimate Vision retells the original Avengers Ultimate Vision story, but in the Ultimate Universe. Special cameos include Ultimate Motherfucking Crazy-Ass Brain-Digging Reed Richards with Kung Fu Grip, Ultimate Beetle and Ultimate Fin Fang Foom!

Also, rumor has it that Woody Allen has been cast to star as the Vision's biological father, Jim Hammond for a special shoehorn release of Marvel's The Vision - CyberWarrior to debut between Marvel's The Avengers The Infinity War I and II, or in 2034, whichever's closer!
>>
>>77345155
Wait, are you joking?
>>
>>77338653
Yeah, but it didn't help so much when tried to save a person from dying in a bus crash.
>>
>>77339056
probably most mutants
>>
File: brotherly love.jpg (180 KB, 730x732) Image search: [Google]
brotherly love.jpg
180 KB, 730x732
>>77343967
Got you covered
>>
>>77345155
You forgot the All-New Vision which will last for 5 issues, but we'll get a 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 issues comprising a story with Gwen Stacey as the Vision! Don't worry, it'll be cancelled after issue 4 comes out in August of 2017 and issue 5 comes out in December of 2018, with the exact same creative team. And that'll be cancelled when comics superstar Brian Michael Bendis takes over for 50+ issues of Kate Bishop taking on the mantle of Vision after he dies but doesn't actually die he just gets sent to another universe from our new comic line: All-Different All-New and All-Now Marvel Ultimate Force! Where the line is an exact replication of the movie universe curated by Cullen Bunn and Brian Michael Bendis! Don't worry, Dan Slott will be penning his 8,000th issue on Spider Man and relauching it for the 35th with Indestructible Spider Man! What happens when The Hulk and Peter Parker switch powers? 40 issues of progressiveness!
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.