[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Coon Saga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14
The Coon Saga is on Comedy Central right now /co/!
What is /co/s thoughts on these episodes?
>>
>Made 6 fucking years ago

Fucking hell, I feel old. It doesn't even feel like we've come this far.
>>
File: 1394766605308.png (134 KB, 477x348) Image search: [Google]
1394766605308.png
134 KB, 477x348
>>77333095
>Made 6 fucking years ago
fuck me has it really been that long?
man I remember when they first came out it feels like it was just a year or two ago
>>
>The Fractured But Whole is gonna be about the kids playing superheroes instead of fantasy
Fuck yes, I can't wait. Stick of Truth was great.
>>
>>77333268
Trey and Matt are writing it so it should be solid. They like doing games as it allows them more freedom to get all the stuff in they want. About half of Stick of Truth wouldn't have made it on TV.
>>
>>77333095
WHAT THE FUCK WHAT HAPPENED
>>
>>77333268
I'm really hoping that they make actual capeshit references instead of generic film ones. I'm hoping for too much aren't I?
>>
>>77333095
Geeze I remember when Mysterion Rises first came out.
Kenny being Mysterion was probably the biggest reveal South Park has ever done.
mostly because he had very little development before that
>>
>>77333483
Maybe. Maybe PC Principal will represent Marvel
>>
I was just watching some older south park episodes earlier. Some are still fucking hilarious.

AWESOMO, imaginationland trilogy and black friday trilogy got me loving every laugh
>>
Probably the best trilogy they've done.

>Imagination land
>Coon Saga
>Black Friday

Yeah, I'd give it to Coon. Although that and Imagination Land could have easily have been made into full length movies.
>>
>>77333268
What new features do you wish they would add? Aside from it being longer.
>>
>>77333642
Whenever Comedy Central does a South Park marathon, they always play The Coon Trilogy.
Even after Black Friday they still play the Coon Trilogy.
>>
>>77333679
>Harder difficulty
>Access to more areas
>Not being OP by the middle of the game
>>
>>77333679
It would be cool if you could choose your alignment, whether you want to be a hero or a villain. Also the companions you get could be dependent on that.
>>
>>77333679
Having more than 2 people in your team during fights would be a start.

Is it confirmed to be a tbrpg anyway?
>>
File: frobb.png (5 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
frobb.png
5 KB, 250x209
>mfw Kyle was revealed to be the Human Kite and not the Mosquito
>>
>>77333904
>human kike
>>77333817
Yeah it's an rpg. The one partner thing gave it a very paper Mario feel.
>>
>>77333483
You never know, man, Stick of Truth was pretty smart at times.

>Canada is done in a Zelda II style
>"Watch out for Direbears! They're like bears, only dire!"
>Cartman is Grand Wizard of the Kingdom of Kupa Keep
>"I'm really sick of fighting Nazi zombies."
>Design influence came primarily from Skyrim and Earthbound
>Each class had appropriate abilities, custom fit to the South Park "kids playing pretend" aesthetic

It's gonna be good, I think.
>>
>>77333679
>More difficult
>More variation in attack types/match-ups (ie. make combat require more thought and strategy than "pick your best move, mash the button at the right time, win")
>Auto-loot defeated enemies
>More replay value beyond finding all the collectibles
>Branching storyline to some extent
>Better color customization options
>More moves
>More varied overworld music
>More fast-travel locations

Basically all just minor gameplay tweaks.
It played well, but it could have been better. The story and writing were basically all perfect, but I have no real reason to go back and play it again ever.
>>
>>77333679
I really liked the add-ons for weapons and how you could combine effects:
>Wear item that gives you health if an enemy is grossed out
>Wear item that gives you health if enemy is on fire
>Use attack that lights enemy on fire
>Fart on them
>Fire + Fart = increased damage
>Enemy is on fire and grossed out and debuffed
>Max damage plus gained health

It always felt really good to set up awesome combos like that, but I kinda wish it mattered more, you know? You could probably easily get through the game by just repeating the same one or two moves over and over again.
>>
File: A-JERRY LOUIS.jpg (53 KB, 460x573) Image search: [Google]
A-JERRY LOUIS.jpg
53 KB, 460x573
>>77333904
>mfw Cartman calls him "Human Kike"
>>
>>77333679
Pretty much what everyone else is saying with increasing the difficulty. Also a mechanism that allows you to increase friendship with certain characters, maybe even having a super best friend.
>>
>>77334284
>S-Links in a South Park game
Holy shit, this is like the natural progression from all the social media stuff in the last game.

>Unlock companions and sidekicks as you play
>The more you fight with them, the more they level up, unlocking new abilities
>If you let them constantly die, their friendship levels will go down
>If you level them up and keep them alive, friendship goes up
>New abilities/buffs/bonuses unlocked at max friendship
>Friendship affects story in a few parts
>You can become best friends with everyone and get a "Mormon" achievement
>You can have everyone hate you and become the new Cartman of South Park
>>
>>77334361
You could even do a mock dating sim thing with the main characters by having the option of one "best friend" in the game.
>>
What if Craig, Tweek, Jimmy, Bill and Fosse become partners in crime with Professor Chaos?
>>
File: 1311704000383.png (128 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1311704000383.png
128 KB, 435x419
>mfw hearing "Dude Kenny chill out" for the first time
>>
>>77334514
>Craig and Tweek as Midnighter and Apollo knockoffs
>Cartman complaining because Craig is literally just a gay Coon
>>
>>77332923
Not only is it a waste of 3 episodes of this season, it wasted an episode of a previous season by revealing who mysterion was.
>>
>Coon

Did this stir some shit when it was first released?
>>
File: 1441514028086.png (107 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
1441514028086.png
107 KB, 257x257
>>77334584
>I
>Can't
>Die

Also this shot-for-shot remake of a Totoro scene with Cartman and Cthulu came out of left field.
>>
File: whatshouldido.jpg (57 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
whatshouldido.jpg
57 KB, 960x540
What should I do /co/?
>>
File: 200px-Mysterion.png (43 KB, 200x205) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mysterion.png
43 KB, 200x205
The Coon Trilogy is my favourite part of South Park. And since then anything with Mysterion in it is automatically top tier.
>>
File: m.jpg (231 KB, 1020x1520) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
231 KB, 1020x1520
>>77336159
You're damn right
>>
>>77333904
Because once a jew sticks it's nose into your life you'll lose all of your money?
>>
>>77336159
Still hoping for an episode this season with him, is there a chance?
Maybe the lack of Kenny most of these episodes is because he's been up to shit.
>PC Principal is secretly a supervillain and amassing an army or some shit that's brought up for a grand finale
>>
What would be a good topic for an episode this season?
>>
>>77336431
We've got four episodes left this season.

They may do a superhero arc for the finale to promote the new game, just like they did with the game of thrones parody
>>
>>77336431
I have a feeling its going to all lead up to a two or three part Mad Max parody and Kenny is going to be Max with his face covered.
>>
>>77333679
>Last game was a fantasy story
>next one is super heroes
>The one after that is a Good Times with Weapons fighter
>>
>>77336864
I don't think Fractured But Whole is coming out this year though. It'll probably come out in 2017.
>>
>>77336310
In the first one and a half episodes Mosquito was clearly written as Kyle with the way he would always nag and shit-talk Cartman. The Human-Kite never talked and Mosquito's proboscis made Clyde's voice sound more like Kyle's. Also a jew joke about mosquitoes.
It's pretty subtle, especially with the reveal being overshadowed by the Mysterion reveal, but clearly intended.
>>
File: 2 bloody great handfuls.png (363 KB, 1000x1029) Image search: [Google]
2 bloody great handfuls.png
363 KB, 1000x1029
>>77336865
>Fury Road 3-parter
>Main villain is PC Immortan Joe, a big fat ugly asshole hypocrite who wants everything to be shit for everyone so they can live in a glorious golden hugbox
>>
>>77336926
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/south-park-fractured-but-whole/
According to the official page the release is 2016, but it could still get delayed
>>
>>77337009
I would see Cartman be Immortan Joe
>>
>>77337594
But if PC principal is Joe then Cartman could be Max in the parody.
>>
>>77333804
>Not being OP by the middle of the game
I still love how all you had to do was add bleeding/fire damage to a reflecting throwing item and the battle is yours.
>>
>>77333483
They might drop the occasional one. Remember the episode 200/201 with the killing joke reference? Wouldn't doubt they add a few. Plus the coon stuff was never movie stuff anyway it was always kids playing superheroes just like the fantasy stuff was never making fun of lord of the rings & game of thrones 100% of the time.
>>
>>77337619
>Cartman
>Chaotic Good

Can't see that. I can only see Cartman as either Chaotic Evil or Netural Evil....maybe even Lawful Evil.
>>
>>77337979
Cartman is too much of am undisciplined hypocrite for Lawful alignments. PC principal has a code, at least. Cartman willfully subverts his own belief system whenever it's convenient for him. Chaotic Evil.
>>
>>77338273
What about the rest of the boys alignments? I see Butters as neutral good.
>>
>>77338514
Definitely. Kyle is definitely lawful neutral or lawful good.
Stan is true neutral.
Kenny depends. When he's Mysterion he's lawful good. By himself he's chaotic good. Princess Kenny ranges from chaotic good to chaotic evil.
As for Randy he's chaotic neutral.
>>
>>77333679
>Female MC
>>
>>77339260
>PC Principal
>Breaks 4th Wall
>WHY DOES THE NEW KID HAVE TO BE A BOY! DON'T THEY KNOW THAT FEMALES PLAY THIS GAME TOO?! THIS GAME OBVIOUSLY SHOWS HOW FUCKING PATRIARCHAL THE INDUSTRY IS!
>>
>>77332923
This was actually the last time I gave a shit about South Park.

The show was already losing me with the Ghost Hunters episode and that Inception fiasco, but the whole Cthulhu thing was too much for me.

Too much disrespect for Cthulhu.
>>
>>77332923
liked it since it gave kenny more depth
>>
>>77336431
Looks like you were right anon. Kenny was up to some shit. He's going to be leading ninjas.
>>
>>77336994
Human kite did talk just about nothing important (you can kinda hear kyles voice but that might be in hindsight) and at the start of even the first part mosquito nags at him then after Cartman yells at him he backs off like Clyde or token would. Honestly I never got a Kyle vibe from him except when he told Coon they are equals, the whole argument seemed like something Kyle would say but that was it. Cartman occasionally clashes with a single person just for an episode. Kyle also easily beat up Cartman on at least two occasions while getting the shit kicked out of him is what I expect from Clyde.
>>
>>77334589
>>Craig and Tweek as Midnighter and Apollo knockoffs
that would be nice
>>
>>77342109
>Tweek calls himself Solar Fury
>Craig calls himself gay Mysterion
>>
>people pretending they actually liked Coon & Friends
>>
>>77342279
Craig is Mosquito
>>
>>77343892
No that's Clyde, Craig wasn't playing with them.
>>
I wonder if the classes are going to be based around generic super powers like brawler,speedster,technopath and telepath
>>
>>77343948
There's a very high chance one of them will be a joke class like faggot or nigger.
>>
File: 40069081_p0-SP.jpg (328 KB, 1280x614) Image search: [Google]
40069081_p0-SP.jpg
328 KB, 1280x614
>>77333679
Fucking romance options god damn it.
>>
>>77333679
It doesn't need to be longer the game was fine,alternate ends would suffice
>>
>>77343948
>>77343959
I'm guessing Social Justice Warrior will be a class or faction.
>>
>>77343986
>SJW as the jew class of the sequel
It fits perfectly
>>
>>77333816
A hamfisted morality system would be appreciated if just for a sidegag
>>
>>77332923
crap and boring like all the trilogies
>>
>>77343961
I think romance options would be too much. Like that one anon said "friendship" options played like romance options could be pretty funny though. You could give them gifts, have dialogue choice options, and they could get pissed off if they notice you "befriending" another kid. Goddammit I want to befriend Butters.
>>
>>77339376
>New main character is a girl
>PC principal forces her into the boy's game to make things more gender equal
>She hates it
>Forced to wear a guy's costume because they don't have anything else
>People start thinking she's transgender and support her
>she hates it even more
>>
>>77341240

Hoy shit, also notice the lack of Token as well. Wonder if the other kid is Clyde, don't think he's been featured at all this season
>>
>>77333679

The #1 thing it needs is replayability - newgame+ where you keep all your shit, have some special newgame+ exclusive shit that's even stronger, maybe some newgame+ exclusive sidequests too
>>
File: fractured-whole-2.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fractured-whole-2.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
>>77332923
I'm looking forward to the new rpg.

Wonder what the New Kid's role in the superhero games is going to be.
>>
>>77344508
Well, there's probably still going to be 2 rivaling factions, as implied by the title and the font looking like Avengers.
So I'm guessing something similar to last game, you're the kid in the crossfire of the 2 factions, you're basically what they're probably going to do with Spider-Man in CA:CW.

That or you're not going to be playing as the New Kid this time. I mean they did kind of run that joke (aswell as the silent character one) into the ground a bit.
>>
>>77332923

So is Bradley, Clyde, Timmy and Token going to be the next companions in the game?
>>
>>77344570
I wouldn't expect it to play the same way as the previous one, so it's possible you have a larger party, or you're solo.
>>
>>77339601
Cthulhu is a bitchassnigga.
>>
>>77344567
No, pretty sure they've confirmed you're the new kid, it wouldn't make sense to play someone else.

Also apparently your powers are going to be time-related via your natural control of your farts from before.
>>
>>77334361
I would want to be best friends with Mysterion.
>>
>>77344650
Any sauce?
Seems underwhelming to do just a sequel to me, I was hoping for something new.
>>
>>77344746
What the fuck would be "something new" for the sequel to Stick of Truth? Who exactly would they introduce as the player character out of the blue.
>>
>>77344782
I literally just said, in that very post, that I didn't expect it to be direct sequel.
>Who exactly would they introduce as the player character out of the blue.
You know, obviously a new new kid, pretty much the same way as the last game. Or you can play as the kids from the show, like you did in most South Park games before TSOT.

Seems weird to me to continue with Douchebag/Dovakhin, he didn't have much of a personality (by design) and his character arc seemed to be sort of over.
>>
>>77344746
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/e3-2015-new-south-park-game-the-fractured-but-whole-announced-a-year-after-makers-swore-never-to-10323258.html
>>
>>77344508
I hope that rather than picking a class you get to choose a whole unique super hero identity from a set of premade ones

Mostly because I want to see the double entendres and insulting names Cartman offers you
>>
>>77344815
Thanks.
>>
>>77333642

Don't forget the season 2 trilogy where the boys split up and Kenny died to save Judaism.

Also, even though South Park has been introducing continuity into all episodes now, I feel like the first three episodes of last season work best watched in a triple screening.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.