[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what titles have you been picking up /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1280x720
So what titles have you been picking up /co/?
>>
>>77327744
iron man
cap
strange
new avengers
squirrel girl
extarordinary x men
>>
Iron man
Vision
Amazing spider man
Captain America
Nova
New avengers
>>
>>77327744
Most of the ones I'm excited for aren't out yet, but so far:
>New Avengers
>Contest of Champions
>Vision
>Sam Wilson: Captain America
>Astonishing Ant-man
>Nova
CoC, NA, and Vision were already on my pull lists since I'm a big fan of Ewing and King, and I was already getting Spencer's Ant-man so that's just me continuing getting it. Vision was fantastic and I highly recommend it to everyone. I was already getting Duggan's Nova. Not sold on Ryan's yet, but I'll give it an arc to prove itself.

Cap I originally wasn't planning on getting but I really liked the first issue storytime, so I've started getting that too.

I was looking forward to Strange but Aaron completely botched Stephen's voice in the first issue too much for me. Might check out the trade if I hear good word of mouth.
>>
>>77329217
Oh, and I'm trade waiting Deadpool.
>>
>>77327744

Iron Man
Karnak
Sam Wilson
Amazing Spidey
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Ultimates

Still waiting for Daredevil and Spider-Man

kind of mildly interested in Blade and Punisher also

fuck all this Deadpool and Xmen shit though
>>
Amazing Spider-Man
Doctor Strange
Karnak
Vision
Hercules
Astonishing Ant Man
>>
>>77327744
Amazing Spidey
Iron-Man
Waiting for Blade
I don't know what else, pick 'em up as I go I guess.
>>
Amazing Spider-Man
Daredevil
Miss Marvel
Moon Knight
Silk
Vision

Waiting on a few other titles to see if they're shit or not.
>>
>>77327744
Vision
>>
>>77329274
You can't judge anyone's opinion with Guardians and Iron Man on your list
>>
>>77329607

I didn't say anything about anyone's opinion
>>
>>77329650
I meant the fuck all this Deadpool and Xmen shit. X-Men I agree with but Dead Pool seems pretty solid
>>
Nova
Silk
Vision
Ms Marvel
ANAD Avengers

I'm interesed to see what they will do with Nova and Ms Marvel on the avengers book
>>
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Extraordinary X-Men
New Avengers
Karnak
Vision

I enjoy all of these to keep reading them, but I don't know how long I can keep on reading Spider-Man. It's just as bad as the previous edition. Favorites are New Avengers and Vision so far.
>>
Vision
Herc
Depending how good Ultimates #1 and Scarlet Witch #1 are, I'll trade wait those.
>>
>>77329674
>Dead Pool seems pretty solid

which one

he has like 6 fucking books coming out
>>
I still don't understand, is this like New 52, a reboot but not really a reboot or they're just continuing old stories with a new name?
>>
>>77329674
The #1 that just came out on Wednesday? I thought that was fucking terrible. Completely nonsensical and not in a good way.
>>
>>77329742
Continuing old stories with a new name + adding Ultimate universe characters.
>>
Vision
Ms M
Starbrand
Scarlet witch
Moon Girl
>>
>>77329797
Will pick up*
>>
>>77329742
Secret wars happened, universe jumps 8 months forward.

I don't even know what happened in Secret Wars exactly, didn't follow them. Bottom line seems to be a minor retcon for some stories with some characters traiding universes. Miles Morales a.k.a black spider-man is now in the mainstream continuity rather than ultimate universe.
>>
My permanent ANAD pull is probably going to end up being:

Iron Man
Karnak
Vision
Ms. Marvel
Black Panther
New Avengers
Ultimates

And maybe some unforeseen books that end up being amazing. What do you think of this pull /co/?
>>
>>77329742
it seems like it's still the 616 universe post-Secret Wars

Characters refer to events in the 616 history a lot, meaning it's the same characters from 616. Also several have mentioned alternate universes or trying to understand previous universes or multiverses, meaning that, again, it is 616 and characters from universes like Ultimate are still considered to not be from the current existing Marvel universe
>>
>>77329862
Not read Vision yet but your pull looks ok. I personally wouldn't touch Black Panther but that's just me.
>>
>>77327744
Doesn't matter, they've all been shit.
>>
>>77327744
Karnak
Vision
Uncanny Inhumans
Doctor strange
New avengers
That is all out the things that have come out so far.
>>
File: 1428066763654.jpg (87 KB, 576x751) Image search: [Google]
1428066763654.jpg
87 KB, 576x751
>>77329862
>New Avengers

how anyone can tolerate that art style is beyond me
>>
>>77329024
>>77329195
>>77329274
>>77329391
>>77329687
>>77329862
Glad there's more people buying his work than I thought.
>>
File: u mad bro.png (415 KB, 716x290) Image search: [Google]
u mad bro.png
415 KB, 716x290
>>77329912
having a bad day?
>>
>>77327744
Vision and that's about it.

Interested in Moon Knight, Punisher and Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>77329927

fuck /co/, Bendis writes good shit
>>
>>77329907
Why not? I don't know anything about the writer but he seems pretty enthusastic.
>>
>>77329716
All of them?
Cable/Deadpool is by Nicieza.
Spider-man/Deadpool is by Kelly.
Deadpool and Uncanny Avengers are written by Duggan.

Those are literally the three all-time best Deadpool writers. Cable & Deadpool was one of my favorite Marvel comics of the 00s, Kelly's Deadpool was one of my favorite Marvel comics of the 90s, and Posehn/Duggan's Deadpool was one of my favorite Marvel comics of the 10s. Not to mention Kelly writes a great Spider-man.

All three of Deadpool's books are being headed by the perfect creative teams. This is the single best time ever to be a Deadpool fan.
>>
>>77329967
Go to bed Bendis.
>>
>>77329862
I'm getting most of those except Ms marvel. I dropped New Avengers and Iron Man tho
>>
>>77329967
well, it's shit all right
>>
>>77329969
I could just never get behind the character. I'll give it a try after hearing what people have to say about it but for now I'll give it a pass.
>>
>>77329969
Probably one of the 5 namorfags
>>
>>77329925
I like it. It's like Joe Mad started doing an homage to generic manga art, but it ended up working.
>>
>>77327744
Doctor Strange
Karnak
Vision

I'm waiting for Daredevil and Moon Knight.
>>
>>77329967
I agree. His Iron Man has the potential to be one of the all-time best IM runs not that that's saying much.

>inb4 get called a shill for not obsessing over the hivemind's memes

That said, there's literally no reason to buy IM in floppies when Bendis writes for the trades almost exclusively.
>>
>>77329900
Isn't it called universe 8 now?
>>
>>77329742
Continuing old stories with a new name + 8-month timeskip + some characters from other universes getting folded into the main universe (Old Man Logan, Red Wolf, The Maker, Miles Morales, etc.)
>>
Ill be buying these monthly
>Squadron Supreme
>Starbrand & Nightmask
>Black Panther
>ASM
>Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
>Scarlet Witch
>Vision
>>
>>77329986
>>77330001
Found the oldfags. You need to get used to the new age of reddit tourists.
>>
Vision. Already had Ant Man and Spidey 2099 on my pull list. Really I am giving every new ANAD book a read to see if I bother to add anything else to my list

Except Squarril Girls, Whor, and pretty much all the female centric books so far. Fuck that misandrist garbage
>>
>>77330083
Nah, it's still Earth-616, just the 8th iteration of Earth-616.
>>
>>77330083
It's both Earth-616 and Universe-8.

It's the 8th iteration of Earth-616. Pre-SW was Universe-7, Galactus' universe was Universe-6, etc.
>>
>>77330072
>no reason to buy IM in floppies

there's no reason to buy anything in floppies. They're not as easy to store as trades, and if you consider the price value for each issue versus how many issues you're getting in the trade, often times it's actually cheaper to buy the story in the trade than to pay for each issue individually

I want publishers to be able to maintain that income that they need from single issues, but it's clear (and the big 2 have acknowledged this) that people who buy comics are moving away from that traditional sales model of buying single issues
>>
>>77330114
Also getting the Miles Morales book
>>
>>77329967
Eh. All I'll say is that his Iron Man is probably the most tolerable thing he's written since...Alias probably.
>>
Vision
Herc

I'll be picking up Guardians of Infinity too, and maybe Scarlet Witch and Illuminati. I really wanted to like Ant-Man but Spencer's writing is repetative and Lang is bland.
>>
Honestly? Only Vision. I may give others which are still not out yet a try but out of all that were storytimed the only one I deemed not shit enough for me to support and buy was Vision.
>>
>>77330114
>Starbrand & Nightmask
THANK YOU

It will break my heart when this book gets inevitably cancelled. It'll need all the help it gets to last past issue 12, especially with the Weisman-curse working against it.
>>
>>77330180
I'd say most tolerable since Dark Avengers. Frankly, I don't think Bendis took a serious dip in quality until after Siege. That's when his USM started spinning its wheels, and his Heroic Age Avengers/New Avengers is far and above the worst shit he'd done up to that point.
>>
Vision
Ant-Man
Spider-Man 2099
New Avengers
Hercules
TASM
Miss Marvel
Deadpool and Spider-Man

Maybe Ultimates
>>
>>77330117
Reddit likes Bendis?
>>
>>77330256
No.

4chan hates reddit, and therefore anytime a guy sees something he doesn't like here, he points the finger at reddit like it wraps the conversation or something
>>
>>77327744
Strange, Herc, possibly Ultimates.
>>
>>77329195
Vision
Ant-man
New/Uncanny Avengers
Deadpool
Captain America
Contest of Champions

Might follow Howard the Duck when I have the dosh.
>>
Pobably Permenant pulls
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Contest of Champions
Ultimates
Vision
New Avengers
Karnak

We'll see but optimistic
Illuminati
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Silk
Starbrand and Nightmask

Might Drop
The Astonishing Ant-Man

January pulls are too far away for me to think consider.

Might Add
Howard the Duck
>>
>>77329927
>buying
HA!
>>
>>77329967
>>77329927
>Look at me Bendis! I am a /co/ntrarian, I buy Bendis comics!

Yeah people read Bendis comics but stop trying to purppsedly start shit. You're that faggot who always cries because no one wants Bendis' cock in their mouth like you do.
>>
>>77331320
>stop trying to purppsedly start shit.

Purppsedly?

Start shit?
>>
>>77329024
deadpool as well
>>
I haven't been paying for it so I picked up everything except Squirrel Girl and I won't read Hellcat also.
>>
File: wtf.png (453 KB, 889x485) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
453 KB, 889x485
>>77331528
>won't read Hellcat

man, don't be so edgy
>>
>>77330072
first volume iron man is pretty good
>>
>>77330289
Another faggot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Reddit loves Bendis, and they loved issue 600. They suck that Bendis cock harder than a ho trying to make money for some baby milk. Once they get past the Bendis speak circlejerk, they talk about how they love his shit.

And his fanbase isn't just limited to reddit either, as seen in this thread.
>>
File: 1412711885406.jpg (97 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1412711885406.jpg
97 KB, 569x802
>>77331611
>And his fanbase isn't just limited to reddit either, as seen in this thread.

then why even bring up Reddit in discussion?
>>
>>77331581
I don't think you know what edgy means
>>
>>77332192

>can't read cute stuff like Squirrel Girl or Hellcat

sounds edgy

sounds like he needs to prove how tough he is or something, by only buying masculine violent books
>>
>>77329024
Vision
Amazing Spider-Man
New Avengers
Iron Man
Karnak
Hercules

>>77329391
Blade has been delayed indefinitely, they say it's still coming out but it's not scheduled.
>>
>>77332436
why did you reply to that guy
>>
>>77332390
You're telling me you find this cute? I can't speak for Hellcat because I haven't read it yet (though it seems like they're going the Carol Corp route with her) but you honest to god find this cute
>>
Nothing staring minorities.
>>
Vision, Herc, Iron Man, Dr Strange, and EwingVengers so far
>>
File: 1447020142130.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447020142130.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: c3bhp5j5.jpg (2 MB, 1980x1350) Image search: [Google]
c3bhp5j5.jpg
2 MB, 1980x1350
>>77332390
>can't read cute stuff like Squirrel Girl
But I am.
>>
>>77332692
So just white men?
>>
>>77333111
Vision isn't a white man you organic supremacist
>>
Here's my Marvel pull:
Astonishing Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Howard the Duck
Ms. Marvel
New Avengers
Secret Wars
Vision

For this week's #1's I'm picking up:
All-New All-Different Avengers
Illuminati
Ultimates

I can't be assed to look up what titles are coming up in the weeks to come.

How shit is my taste?
>>
>>77334600
He has a white man's brainwaves

anyway my picks are
Black Panther
Silk
ASM
Spider-Man
Vision
Captain America in trade
Ant-Man in trade
Starbrand & Nightmask
Squadron Supreme
Ultimates
ANAD Avengers
Hyperion
Nightmask
Punisher
>>
Scarlet Witch
Silk
Vision
Doctor Strange
Death's Head
>>
>>77327744
New Avengers
Iron Man
Spider Man
Captain Falcon
Extraordinary Xmen
Spider Man ((Miles)When it drops)
Punisher (When it drops)
All new xmen (when it drops)
>>
>>77327744
Isn't Iron Man written by Benids?
>>
>>77338648
Bendis is writing not just one but also two Iron Man titles (one out, and other in 2016).

Mine?
VIsion.
>>
Scarlet Witch
Moon Girl
Starbrand
Silk
Squadron
Vision
Ms Marvel
ANADA
>>
Vision
Dr. Stramge
Karnack
Deadpool

looking forward to
Squadron Supreme
Carnage
Moon Knight
Old Man Logan

Reading Iron Man & Cap in storytimes. Dunno why I bother with IM, all Bendis' books I read end the same way with me.

Cap, while not terrible, feels somewhat gimmicky to me with the politics, unsure about it long term.
>>
Amazing Spider-Man
Deadpool
Moon Knight
New Avengers
Silver Surfer
Uncanny Avengers
>>
> Invincible Iron Man
Liking the hell outta of it, really really looking forward to see what they doing with Doom, hope to see more of him and Tony interacting, hope they don't burn his face again for a long while.
Marquez is fucking killing it, quite frankly I desperately wish he was on Squadron Supreme.
Like the new female interest for Tony.

> Doctor Strange
Good-ish, art is what it is, likeable but not ideal.
Appareciated the sexy snake lady.

> Captain America - Sam Wilson
Good art, bless Acuna for giving Misty a cheesecakey outfit.
Appreciate them going out of their way to make sure we know Steve isn't in asshole mode in this book.
Don't particularly like the liberal politics in play here but I think it's written well regardless altho I would have appreciated a voice speaking against immigration that wasn't a murderer.
>>
>>77341978
> Uncanny Avengers
Much prefered the previous line up.
Hate Deadpools inclusion and the disagreement with him and Spidey.
Stegman is putting in his worst art to date by far.
Villain looks cool at least.
>>
>Doctor Strange
>Contest of Champions for my boys Ares an Sentry
>Hyperion when it comes out
>Hercules
>maybe Niggers in Space if it turns out passable
>>
>>77341978
> Hercules
Very down for the less comedy based approach altho I dislike it, because them making Herc more operator makes it less likely for Ares to return :/

> Squadron Supreme
Extremely down, altho I wish they were making Zarda sexier like the jms version, and Kirk has me concerned, his f4 work was solid but his Avengers #0 issue work was crap.

> Ultimates
Down for Rocafort, Blue marvel, Panther, Spectrum and Miss America when she isn't being a cunt.
>>
>>77330766
>>77329921
>>77330059
>>77340895
Only people that don't have shit taste itt, anyone that isn't pulling Karnak is a fucking retard. Also I don't understand why people are still reading Amazing Spider-Man, I thought we all knew Slott was shit by now...
>>
>>77347079
>anyone that isn't pulling Karnak is a fucking retard
>not just trade waiting it since there's no way Ellis stays on the book for longer than 6 issues
>>
>>77327744

Iron Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Deadpool
There isn't anything else worth picking up.
>>
>>77327744

Amazing Spider-Man (2015-)
All-New All-Different Avengers (2015-)
Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015-)
Hercules (2015-)
Extraordinary X-Men (2015-)
Spider-Man 2099 (2015-)
The Astonishing Ant-Man (2015-)
Uncanny Inhumans (2015-)

will buy:

Carnage (2015-)
Venom: Spaceknight (2015-)
Spider-Man (Miles Morales) (2015-)
Daredevil (2015-)
All-New Inhumans (2015-)

I limit myself to one Bendis book max, nowadays.
>>
>>77347471
Almost every other book is more worthy of picking up than Iron Man and ASM
>>
>>77347621
Amazing Spider-Man gives me Lee/Romita and Batman Inc vibes. It's inoffensive and actually damn right back on point after the shitshow that was the series between the end of Superior and Secret Wars.
>>
>>77347666
For once I agree with you, Mephisto.
>>
>>77347745
I'm not sure if that's a tripfag (who I'm not) or if you're just calling me a devil but I'm glad we agree.

What do you think of my pull? >>77347617
>>
>>77347777
You got devil trips, hence Mephisto. And now you got Lucky Quads! Holy shit you're on a roll.

As for your pull, looks good although Extraordinary had a bit of a shit first issue, and personally, I'd take New Avengers, Ultimates, and/or Squadron Supreme over All-new All-Different Avengers.

For Astonishing Ant-man, did you read Spencer's Ant-man 1-5, Ant-man Annual, and Ant-man: Last Days? Those 7 issues are all technically part of the same run as Astonishing Ant-man, so if you liked it, you should probably go back and check them out.

Hercules and Cap were much better than I was expecting.

Also, please think about supporting Weisman's Starbrand/Nightmask. That shit is going to need all the help it can get to not get cancelled right out the gate.
>>
>>77345621
Ares is in Contest of Champions.
>>
>>77347896
Oh I didn't notice either, clearly I should be paying more attention! I did read Spencer's other Ant-Man yeah, I'm enjoying it a lot.

I might read Starbrand/Nightmask, I usually enjoy the work of Weisman when he works on shows
>>
>People shit on Bendis constantly with Bendis hate threads
>People shit on Slott constantly with "Slott is shit" threads
>Still buy their books and suck their cocks dry

kek, it's like a part of /co/ is keking the other part.
>>
>>77348403
well I mean 4chan isn't a hive mind so y'know
>>
>>77329217
Agreed on Doc Strange but the second issue was a lot better. I'm cautiously hopeful about it.
>>
>>77347079
Slott has a burst once in a while that's decent/good and makes /co/ forget how much they want him off the book.

Spider Island to Edge of the Universe or whatever it was, Superior to All New, now he's in their graces again with ANAD.

To me it's not worth it anymore, now matter how decent it is now I don't want to feel stuck reading through bullshit.
>>
>>77327744
Who's the gay person in this image, Marvel?
What happened to diversity?
>>
>>77348403
I've never brought anything Bendis related after he shat all over my favorite character so mark me off that list.
>>
>>77348403
>/co/
>buying books
You realize that when people post in these threads a solid 50%+ are talking about what they read, not what they buy?
>>
>>77348808
Miles, obviously
>>
>>77348162
>I usually enjoy the work of Weisman when he works on shows
He's using a bunch of people from Spectacular Spider-man as the supporting cast for Starbrand/Nightmask, so this is the closest to a season 3 that we'll ever get.
>>
File: 15892038402.png (49 KB, 232x252) Image search: [Google]
15892038402.png
49 KB, 232x252
>>77329024
>Squirrel Girl

Jesus christ
>>
>>77345621
>it less likely for Ares to return
Ares is one of the main characters of Contest of Champions. Next issue is Ares vs. The Void rematch.
>>
>>77348403
The people who obsess over the latest memes are also the people that pirate exclusively and never buy comics. Among the actual comic buying public, Slott and Bendis sell well.
>>
jupiter's circle and jupiter's legacy
>>
>>77349021
Wait, are those printed under Icon? I assumed they were Image.
>>
>>77348864
this is fucking scary
>>
>>77329195
>>77329274
>>77329361
>>77329391
>>77329408
>>77330114
>>77330244
>>77332436
>>77334897
>>77338156
>>77347617

I see some anons are still rimming Slott. Enjoy getting the shit off your tongue.
>>
File: anad marvel.jpg (3 MB, 2754x2840) Image search: [Google]
anad marvel.jpg
3 MB, 2754x2840
>>
>>77350323
Oh awesome, the red background one finally got updated. Thanks anon.
>>
>>77350323
>8 x-books
I thought Marvel cancelled all their x-books because of the movie rights?
>>
What is this shit?
Revenge of the d-list?
>>
I got Drax and The Vision. I'm going to drop Drax even though I like the art work the writing was too bad. Also I think these comics cost too much
>>
>>77351680
>Believing x-fans
The x-line has been getting cancelled since 2002
>>
>>77350323
Thanks for updating this version anon
>>
> Hank Johnson hasn't even gotten a second issue and ANAD is already on 3rd issues

Fuck you Marvel.
>>
>>77352589
Hank Johnson was just a one-shot, anon. It was never going to get more than one issue.
>>
>>77347471
hercules was pretty good so was vision and aimvengers
>>
>>77348523
I like it but the art style
>>
>>77350323
i would kill for an odinson and hyperion book
>>
>>77351797
seriously. compared to video games and how much more they cost to make now, it doesn't make as sense for the price of comics to have one up as much as it has.
>>
>>77330183
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Herc. I really didn't enjoy his design at first, but the issue sold me on it. Plus, I'm hopeful that Gil makes gains.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.