[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix G.I Joe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10
Its recurring to the same characters over and over again what is killing it, or is it the only thing saving it?

Should they continue with SE, Duke, Scarlet or they should move to a new generation

Also, what happened with the next movie, is still up for 2016?

Does even anyone care for G.I joe any more or I'm talking to myself?
>>
>>77327064
Hama seems to be doing just fine with the original continuity
>>
The last time they tried new characters we got Serpentor and the empire of Kob-Ruh-Lu.

Can you blame them for not trying again?
>>
>>77327064
It's a fucking toy commercial, only way to "save" it is to bury it like the crap it is.
>>
File: Larry Hama.jpg (33 KB, 584x393) Image search: [Google]
Larry Hama.jpg
33 KB, 584x393
>>77327064
Let Larry Hama write/direct the cartoon for once. He came up with the concept and still does a more than reasonable job writing the comics.
>>
File: tumblr_ns1cxtAVmr1rq8z4ao1_1280.jpg (260 KB, 1280x1097) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns1cxtAVmr1rq8z4ao1_1280.jpg
260 KB, 1280x1097
>>
File: 01.jpg (238 KB, 1034x1600) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
238 KB, 1034x1600
>>77327234
I dunno, Koh-Buru-Lah isn't all bad.
>>
File: GIJC_12_Legion_CPS_020.jpg (439 KB, 2560x1969) Image search: [Google]
GIJC_12_Legion_CPS_020.jpg
439 KB, 2560x1969
It was doing fine for a while there
>>
>>77327234
>Hey, you know what'd be cool? If we made Cobra Commander a mutated snake-man with a bunch of extra eyes because lab accident. And these snake people? They live in the Himalayas
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDOXM6_AzZk
>>
>>77328840
Larry has gotten really old and lazy over time. Even his ARAH continuation has become a bit of a mess.

Best thing to do is vote for Adventure Team Marcus and hope the reboot the line.

surveymonkey /r/D9STQKP
>>
What is going on with Hama's Joe book? I can;t even find a torrent anywhere.

I was keeping up with the IDW book for a while. Last I read was the second issue when they brought the woman writer on.
>>
Joe has great fans awesome people working on it and great comics and Toons....the one thing that keeps it from being as big as it was...... is ARAH.

about four years ago we were given Pursuit of Cobra...literally the greatest line Joe had in a long time, we also had great comics not set in the ARAH universe. what we need to do is get as far from the 80's possible

We live in a time when milltiary fiction is bigger than ever but if people just keep thinking of red and blue lasers and whiney snake assholes its never gonna change.
>>
File: Cobraamerican.jpg (38 KB, 335x278) Image search: [Google]
Cobraamerican.jpg
38 KB, 335x278
>>77339159
Good toys doesn't always make for good stories.

Also, there's no reason why Pursuit of Cobra couldn't be set in ARAH anyway.

I think the only thing holding GI Joe back is just the fact that the movies were shit and weren't more popular.
Just look at the Michael Bay movies on how even though they're shit movies, Transformers got a huge boost in popularity across the board.
They were able to do more (reboots, storylines, completely new universes, etc) thanks to Bayformers.

Same thing can happen with GI Joe, but the second movie being delayed almost a year fucked over the franchise pretty hard.
>>
>>77338985
>Even his ARAH continuation has become a bit of a mess.

Wut? It's still highly enjoyable, aside from the blue cyborg ninjas. Far more enjoyable and consistent than the IDW reboot where they've practically given up and now just do constant relaunches and gimmicks to try and keep people interested.
>>
File: Cobra-La.jpg (17 KB, 275x425) Image search: [Google]
Cobra-La.jpg
17 KB, 275x425
>>77338715
>>77327234

Why is people so mad at Cobra La? It was just a 1 time deal like Doomsday, really can't see the problem with ir.
>>
File: CAUSETHISISTHRILLER.jpg (206 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
CAUSETHISISTHRILLER.jpg
206 KB, 1200x900
>>
>>77344384
because it "ruined" any sense of reality that the Cartoon had. You have to remember for the longest time Joe fans were split in to two groups comic fans and Cartoon fans and while each had their ups and downs Cobra-La was seen as the end of the golden age of Joe to both sides things went neon, Ninjas were everywhere. it was a tonal shift. that being said. Those diehard anti cobra-la fans are either gone stuck on the old fourms or not as active anymore. The club just announced Pythona as the free figure for the year and people are Super Excited for it. Even me and I'm one of those High-speed,bleeding edge operators fighting Hydra type of Joe fans.
>>
>>77338985
>Larry has gotten really old and lazy over time

Larry was just overwhelmed by tons of characters. It's impossible to make good story with so many characters
>>
>>77345573
I wish it was the case....Having Sean Collins show up go on one mission and take up the mantle of Snake-eyes who died at the same time oh and Sean got his face melted too.

...Larry needs a break.
>>
File: THRILLER.jpg (215 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
THRILLER.jpg
215 KB, 1200x900
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.