[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>She did absolutely NOTHING fucking wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: 34_17.jpg (336 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
34_17.jpg
336 KB, 1000x1537
>She did absolutely NOTHING fucking wrong.
>>
>>81555303
What'd she do?
>>
Nothing about what Hill said here redeems her plan in any way. I hate to play Godwin here, but a parallel would be something like Hans Frank at Nuremburg - accepting the sanction she applied not out of genuine repentance, but out of a kind of martyring self-idealism. It's worse because the ultimate penalty on Maria Hill isn't death but a kind of pleasant, All-American existence apart from the wider world.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. plan for Pleasant Hill was great comic books (you could do a lot more with it than they are doing, even) but it's fucking atrocious and there is so much wrong with it as a plan. Without even getting into the child slave labour at the heart of the whole thing.
>>
>>81555320
Used a sentient cosmic cube fragment to create a super prison town with brainwashing for super-criminals. It all crashed down on her quickly.

>>81555303
The thing is that Maria Hill always gave shit to superheroes and other SHIELD people for doing this exact same thing: reckless shit with no regard for consequences

Why did she do this in the first place? did she just snap?
>>
So did SHIELD just go to shit when Hill took over or what?
>>
>>81555443
Yeah but she's a Beyonder. I don't think that counts as a child.
>>
>>81555930
yes

we need Cap's fascist SHIELD back. they got shit done
>>
>>81555320
yes, what did she do?
>>
>>81555443
It's not really worse than regular prison though, honestly.
>>
>>81555671
>It all crashed down on her quickly.
how the plan fail?
>>
>>81555671
>Used a sentient cosmic cube fragment to create a super prison town with brainwashing for super-criminals.
But that sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>81556475
Man do we want to debate this? There are so many ethical boundaries this scheme crosses from not being part of the due process, to mentally brainwashing its inhabitants and so removing any chance for genuine redemption, to overwriting their individual natures so you are not truly imprisoning the individuals who are guilty, etc, etc.

And we also have to ignore the fact this is in the MU and should have a huge glaring sign saying THIS WILL GO WRONG just from prior history in-universe.

It's not worse than a regular prison in base care of prisoners, sure. That doesn't make it right.

>>81556021
The only sane way to deal with extraterrestial, extradimensional alien entities who may be literally incomprehensible to human description is to accord them with the rights of what they demonstrate. Mentally and physically like a human child = the rights of a human child.
>>
>>81556566

info on it was leaked to the press, then Zemo infiltrated i think

>>81556681

it would have been a good idea if it was in space or the negative zone. but they made it in some bible belt state
>>
>>81556566
multiple people who had experience with brainwashing picked up on enough signals to snap out of it. they then went around tracking down their friends and woke them up too.

also by the time it came crashing down there were nearly as many superheroes in there as villains, even Iron Man's Avengers team

and now, in the chaos, the likes of Red Skull and Baron Zemo have a chance of securing the cosmic cube girl for themselves and using her power to conquer the world
>>
>>81556795
>the negative zone
Pretty sure they literally already did this and it was not a good idea and it went horribly wrong.
>>
File: Zemo.png (158 KB, 360x502) Image search: [Google]
Zemo.png
158 KB, 360x502
>>81556907
Please do not group Baron Zemo with the likes of the Red Skull, TY.
>>
>>81555303
Because of her, my waifu Ms Marvel was mindraped against her will. Hill is a bitch and I hope someone puts her down.
>>
>>81556955
i think the writers are ignoring the thunderbolts and born better Zemo char development

he is just a MUHAHAHAHA nazi villain now
>>
File: Continuity.png (63 KB, 623x525) Image search: [Google]
Continuity.png
63 KB, 623x525
>>81557005
That is probably true-ish (pic related), but I still know the Zemo I like the most.

Zemo is a tough one because at this point a great deal of what has been written for him is the redemptive stuff - or, well, redemptive isn't exactly the right word.
>>
>>81557005
writers have been ignoring that for years now
>>
>>81555671
It's worked out about as well as Prison 42, the Big House, the Cube, Ryker's Island, the Ant-Hill, and the Raft.

Also it's it's actually better, condition-wise, than The Cube, the top secret SHIELD prison designed to brainwash superhumans that Fury was running.

I guess the moral of the story is that the MU has a terrible prison system.
>>
>>81557228
The MU or just the fact they give an extra-judicial, largely unaccountable agency full control over the metahuman prison system?

It seems like SHIELD pretty much gets a blank cheque on anything involving superhumans. There's no reason why they should be in charge of containment after so many failures.
>>
>>81556795
>some Bible belt state
Connecticut is a Bible belt state now?
>>
>>81557337
please no
>>
>>81557337
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-zimmerman/creationism-in-connecticu_b_504914.html
>>
>>81557289
Ryker's Island is actually covered under the New York State penitentiary system.

At this point SHIELD has no reason why they're allowed to do anything. Multiple infiltrations by terrorist organizations, constant defections and misappropriation of resources, an unnerving tendency for agents to go rogue and attempt mass atrocities, a known pattern of human rights violations, constant unsanctioned interference in geopolitics, and they lose a helicarrier at least once a year.
>>
>>81557337
How the fuck do you hide a town in Connecticut? It's like 90% suburbs at this point. Put it in the ass end of Virginia or something.
>>
>>81557449
>and they lose a helicarrier at least once a year.

given the comics decompressed time scales, they lose at least 5 per year
>>
>>81556475

>A prison where you get roughed up a bit is comparable to a prison that does flat out lobotomy.

wow
>>
>>81557516
Remember this is America, so you get raped as well as roughed up.
>>
>>81557548

Still better than lobotomy
>>
>>81557548
Better than Europe, where they can arbitrarily decide to add years to your sentence when you're up for release.
>>
>>81557485
cosmic cube
>>
>>81557485
How do you hide a tree in a forest?
>>
>>81557594
or not sentence you at all for heinous crimes because of "rehabilitation over punishment"

people can get 30 months public service for an attempted murder
>>
>>81557643
Wait, let me think. I've got it! You tap unfathomable cosmic powers to make the three THINK it's a rabbit. I'm a goddamn genius!
>>
>>81557643
put it under ground of course
>>
>>81555671
>Why did she do this in the first place? did she just snap?
Thinking she knew better than everyone else has always been part of who she is.

Whether because of her rank/position or just who she is, dunno.
>>
>>81556795
Zemo didn't infiltrate, he was a much an inmate there as everyone else. He and the others were only freed because Fixer stumbled onto a way of reversing it.
>>
File: 1457038837815.jpg (1 MB, 1277x1347) Image search: [Google]
1457038837815.jpg
1 MB, 1277x1347
>>81555303

She's too good for the Marvel universe.
>>
>>81556021
>she's a Beyonder.
But she isn't.
>>
>>81559592
I think Hill would would best if she were characterized as, "high ranking, but not high ranking enough."
>>
>>81559592
I really love her in the X-men stories. Her entire stance is just that she's sick of all this shit with the mutants and the aliens and everything else that SHIELD deals with. Like I totally buy that pic in the OP where all she really wants to do is retire, but she knows she can't because pretty much the whole world depends on her to keep running SHIELD.
>>
>>81557005
>he is just a MUHAHAHAHA nazi villain now

Zemo in this arc is much better written than back in Avengers Undercover. He's fucking furious at the gross violation of human rights perpetrated by SHIELD.
>>
>>81559332
Wait, is Fixer a villain now? I thought he was stuck in an infinite time loop
>>
>>81559982
Cosmic cubes are baby Beyonders.
>>
>>81561138

if you put a cosmic cube up your ass does that count as pedophilia?
>>
>>81561272
Why would you put a cube up your ass in the first place
>>
>>81555671
She probably just missed Tony Stark's cock after fucking him way back when he was losing his memories. And she was also still mad about him fucking Pepper at the same time.
>>
>>81562353

>Maria Hill fucked Tony Stark

What hack was responsible for that garbage?
>>
>>81555303
She's literally admitting criminal liability in that page you posted, anon.
>>
>>81561379
To hide it from Thanos.
>>
>>81563680
He can't hang on to them anyway
>>
>>81562707
Fraction of course.
>>
>>81561138
Did you miss the fact that they said that they only had a fragment of a cosmic cube instead of a cosmic cube itself? If anything, it is more like a Cosmic Ring as oppose to a Cosmic Cube. Definitely no Beyonder.
>>
>>81557228
>I guess the moral of the story is that the MU has a terrible prison system.

Eh still better than DC's. At the very least you can't say the MU didn't TRY
>>
>>81560536
Dude, he cut someone's head off for kicks.
>>
>>81566028
He did it to torture Maria, to let her know he died because of her.
>>
>>81556735
>to mentally brainwashing its inhabitants and so removing any chance for genuine redemption
So what? Who gives a shit if redemption of a mass murderer is "genuine" or not. If its between a psychopath-ectomy and regular old Carnage or Red Skull then I'll take the former. The only problem here is that they don't actually become better people and revert when they leave.
>>
>>81568388
No jury in the world would convict you if you killed THEM. But remember, they aren't there. Shit, Red Skull is implied to have infiltrated once he heard there's a Cosmic Cube. So really, you're arguing to do this to people like Crusher Creel and the Wrecker.
>>
>>81558949
At this point, she really should've been fired. She's caused far more harm than good at this point.
>>
>>81560146
Except SHIELD are actually incapable idiots as explained here >>81557449.
>>
>>81572259
She has been fired at least twice

There is just literally no one else (that we know) in the MU that is both capable and willing to be SHIELD director for more than a little while other than her.
>>
File: 1439312487081.jpg (8 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1439312487081.jpg
8 KB, 246x205
>>81555303
What really rustle my jimmies is the fact that she has the gall to blame Steve for all of this. Seriously? He wasn't involved in any of this and now you're shifting the blame despite how you've pretty much became a sypervillain here? The fact that she isn't dead pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>81572347
But at this point it's clear that she isn't capable of the job either. Willing, maybe, but having her near any sort of a position of power has proven to be an asinine idea time and time again.
>>
>>81572731

Only because she tries to be proactive in a universe where she's doomed to fail. If she was allowed to succeed events like this would never happen.
>>
File: 3f2.jpg (161 KB, 341x354) Image search: [Google]
3f2.jpg
161 KB, 341x354
>>81572852
What kind of retarded logic is that?

>I could be rich and famous if the universe wasn't out to get me!

And if that's the case, why even bother hiring her if she really IS doomed to fail? That just supports the argument of getting rid of her altogether.
>>
>>81573150

...It's a comic book. The characters don't fucking know that.
>>
>>81573183
but in the comic its been shown to have happened multiple times
>>
>>81573183
They do know of her track record, which has been awful at best. So again, what's the point in hiring her again?
>>
>>81573458

Because she's come through when she needed to. And there aren't many others with the experience, ability or responsibility for the job. And the American gov't is largely populated by idiots. I mean Tony is still a beloved Avenger despite all the terrible shit he's done, and Hill is far more vilified than he is.

I suppose you could continue to try to apply real world logic and consequence to the Marvel universe and get angry when it doesn't correlate, but I can assure you that's an exercise in futility.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.