[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fillmore!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: disney_fillmore.jpg (96 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
disney_fillmore.jpg
96 KB, 642x479
Randomly thought of this show, so, I watched the first episode.

It's rather entertaining as a parody and tribute to old cop shows; Interesting interpretation of tropes and a charming adaption to a kid-friendly setting.

Thoughts?
>>
Fillmore was fucking great.
You are correct.
>>
Watched it when it aired, wasn't massively into it at the time but thought it was decent enough.
Rewatched an episode recently and thought it was great, some nice ideas in there that were actually implemented well

I thought it was "Filmore" desu
>>
>>81529673

Right on, I enjoyed watching the first episode, might watch the whole 2 seasons.

>>81529842

I recall also not being particularly into it, but, I did like the "feel" of the show. I definitely get that same vibe now, but, I enjoyed the first episode from top to bottom.

Yeah, the implementation/adaption of ideas to the setting is a major part of why it feels so good - I wonder if a remake, maybe set in high school and with some more mature themes, would do well.

I'd still want it to be a bit over the top like the original, though.
>>
>>81530229
>set in high school and with some more mature themes
No, the whole charm of the show was the kids (and adults) taking these generally inconsequential school problems and making them out to be legitimate issues.
>>
>>81531059

I guess you're right; As I said, it would still be silly, albeit maybe a bit more realistic.

But on second thought, yeah, a remake just having the same setting would be better.
>>
from what I watched of it I liked
>>
the show had some great jokes.

>nobody messes with Texas!
>>
Are there any cop show cliche's that this show did not hit?
>>
>>81532798

If the first ep is any indication, likely all of them.
>>
This show has one my favorite moments in a anything, cartoon or otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
>>
Wasted on me as a kid, I didn't get that it was such a fantastic hamfisted 80s cop show.

Wish I could forget all about it and watch it again now fresh.
>>
I keep having the same argument with a friend of mine when trying to rewatch the show while we're drinking. He fucking hates how serious the kids are about innocuous bullshit and wished fillmore tried to stop some actual thugs and get beat and i keep telling him it's a fucking parody it's not supposed to take itself seriously the entertainment is seeing adult cop drama juxtaposed onto a kid's middle school setting but he doesn't seem to care. Anyone else deal with kind of thought? It's fucking infuriating.
>>
>>81533487

Haha, that's what I'm talking about; It's just executed so well.

>>81533764

I felt the same way, but, after checking it out again, I will for sure watch the whole thing; I don't remember it enough for it to be "ruined".

>>81533994

Nah you're definitely right, that is the whole point of it.

I am sure he "gets it" but just doesn't like it.
>>
Really loved it as a kid. For some reason it was only ever on in the middle of the day, so I'd only really see it when I was staying home sick from school or during breaks. That produced some funny situations where I'd I watch episodes of Fillmore coupled with episodes of CSI: Las Vegas reruns
>>
>>81534141
Yeah I mean we've argued enough that I'm sure he gets it I just don't get why he hates it with afucking passion. Like he's more willing to let me watch the ripping friends (another show he hates) than fillmore.
>>
>>81535159
Sounds like he has an unpleasant history with FIlmore
>>
>>81529119
Do no marathon it. Its a fantastic show with lots of interesting original premises, but like the shows it parodies its formulaic: act 1, act 2, chase break, denouement. Look forward to an episode every couple days.
>>
I remember seeing Fillmore a bunch when I was a kid, but I was never all that into it.

I don't remember what got me to revisit it, but now it stands as one of my absolute favorite cartoons. The soundtrack is particularly strong in a few cases, like in the episode >>81533487 is from.
>>
>>81536626
The reason he gave me was that he hated it as a kid
>>
>>81533764
Literally me.

I kind of hated it as a kid but can now see how clever it is.
>>
>all the people who hated it as a kid
This is why it got canceled despite being so good. It was too good for kids and not good enough for adults (because it's a cartoon).
>>
>>81540126
I never hated it, I just never thought it was great or anything. You're right though, seems to be quite a few who share the notion and I guess the indifference sort of meant there were no qualms about it being cancelled.

Heck, I didn't even know it got cancelled, I thought it just ran its course
>>
>>81533487
Fucking savage.
>>
>>81532798

Don't think they did a sexy cop infiltrates a gang operation trope. Or the trope where someone mentions their wife and dies.
>>
>>81544182
They had some Girl Scout clones, that counts right?
>>
>>81544182
Yes and yes in their own ways. Ingird had to infiltrate the a Girl Scout type gang and instead of dead it was move away.
>>
>>81536819

Hm, that makes sense. I'll watch an ep or two per day/every other day.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.