[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm morbidly curious to find out what happens next with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: spider woman with carol's son.jpg (54 KB, 550x835) Image search: [Google]
spider woman with carol's son.jpg
54 KB, 550x835
I'm morbidly curious to find out what happens next with this series. Sales are in the tank, Jessica comes off as an irresponsible idiot with a biological clock in overdrive, and Carol seems like she's stuck in a weird codependent relationship.
>>
>>81506774
All that aside, I love how much she loves that baby.
>>
Spider-Women event. It's not going anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 900x1298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 900x1298
>>81506774
You know, Marvel keeps trying to Spider-Woman "happen", but it's not gonna work.
The only reason she has any notability at all is that her original costume looks like it was literally painted on and thus was Bendis' teenage maturation fantasy which got her put onto his New Avengers.
You need either a much more competent writer then Marvel currently has on staff to make her interesting and thus popular with comics readers or put her in a movie or TV series and thus get her a fanbase outside of comics readers.
They just keep throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and you can't just FORCE character popularity; there needs to be something that works there.
>>
File: sw6.jpg (129 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
sw6.jpg
129 KB, 494x750
so Earth-65 Jess is a dude and has a kid as well

You think he had it with 65-Carol?
>>
>>81506774
dont waste time anon. that baby is as doomed as fuck. remember marvel dont like their characters to grow up or be better and complete human beings . One more day. for marvel a good life is a Tony stark life.
>>
>>81508493
Reminder:Danny and Luke could have been fathers together, but Marvel doesn't like happiness.
>>
>>81506917
>you can't just FORCE character popularity
Marvel has been trying to do that with Carol for the past 5 years.
>here needs to be something that works there.
Also this. You just can't rely on big names alone to sell comics, you gotta have a good narrative going to sell well. Take Moon Knight for example: It didn't sell "big" numbers, but it sold good enough for years without getting cancelled. Then Bendis came along. While there was boost in initial sales, it quickly went down hill and was cancelled after 12 issues.
>>
Being a single mother by choice is child abuse. Plain and simple.
>>
>>81508746
>I want more responsibility in life
>I know, I'll get myself pregnant!
>>
>>81508746
Nothing wrong with being a single mother, but I think it's extremely idiotic that she got pregnant on a whim.
>>
>>81506774
I've been liking Spider-woman. I didn't at first, but she really grows on you. There are some positive feels in the baby arc.

I totally agree with your point about Carol. Best friends is fine and all, but DAMN, they're even closer than that. I'm really waiting for them to just give up and move in together any day now. Actually, I'm pretty sure Carol's already given up and is just waiting for Jess....
>>
>>81508823
it is irresponsible, but people actually do that IRL. And look at it this way: it's better than getting pregnant by accident after a one-night stand.
>>
File: gay.jpg (729 KB, 1280x1184) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
729 KB, 1280x1184
>>81509614
They've lived together before.

After Carol's done her two years on AFSS they'll probably find a place together and get married
>>
Ya know, until the baby was out, the series was basically shit. A bland knockoff of Hawkeye which treated Jess just like Hawkeye -- an incompetent who is only good in an fight who, unlike Hawkeye, also has to be lead by the nose to her adventures.

Then the relaucnh happened and it got better art.

Then the Baby came out and, honestly, it seems that the writing is more genuine with just one issue.

It's still a lame Hawkeye knockoff, but shit, it's actually getting readable now. I doubt it'll last, of course . . .
>>
>>81511630
gets my vote
>>
>>81506774
>Sales are in the tank
Dennis Hopeless jsut started crossover with SIlkand Spider-Gwen and has his other book in a crossover. He realised he has nothing to offer and that's the only way to salvage the sales.
>>
>>81506917

I think that more people know her because of the cartoon
>>
The fact that she hasn't even named the kid yet shows that Hopeless just sees the baby as a big ol' plot device.
>>
>>81512189
Isn't it the same art?
>>
Same as every other kid in comics. Aged up and killed off.
>>
>>81518025
Maybe, but the first arc of the new run really let him show off.
>>
>>81512189
I liked this volume until the last issue. It got too self-indulgent and was mostly boring while before that the space hospital shit was fun. Maybe it just needed to stay cosmic.
>>
>>81518025
it is.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.