[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x299
How would you create a rebooted Superman trilogy of movies /co/? The rules: each of the movies should be standalone (no cliffhanger endings) and the third movie should not end on a final note (in case WB wants to do more sequels).
>>
>>81469999

>First Movie -- Luthor using Metallo.

>Second Movie -- Zod and Phantom Zone.and maybe Myzlaoappfpafitpadoplxzz

>Third Movie -- Brainiac.
>>
File: 1459554953161.png (516 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
1459554953161.png
516 KB, 720x800
>movie 1
>supes saves earth
>movie 2
>supes saves the universe
>movie 3
>supes saves the multiverse
>>
>>81470168

And I just posted that too quick.

The first movie would be a clipped origin story. Less of a origin story and more about him trying to determine what Superman IS and what he needs to do with himself/his powers. Focus a lot of emphasis on the stuff he does that saves people/helps people. Then he runs into Luthor and Luthor makes/uses Metallo and his own power armor based on Metallo to fight him.

The second movie casts doubt. Zod smashes the world's views, Superman gets a little darker in response to people assuming he's like Zod too, but in the end he manages to distinguish himself from Zod and the Earth embraces him. He calms down and gets more stoic. Maybe throw in Kandor in here too?

Third movie, he has to go all out to fight Brainiac. Who comes at him from all sorts of angles. This might be better for Kandor, because Brainac did capture it. I don't know if it would be good in the second movie but I was thinking it could show him what Krypton was like and maybe give a reason to add Super-Girl or Power-Girl.
>>
First movie, Lex creates Metallo. No Superman origin. A lot of emphasis put on Superman being inspirational, helping people, saving people, even working in his fortress to come up with solutions to problems in the world. Metallo is defeated, but Lex manages to stay clean.

Second movie, Brainiac. Lex has dealings with him, but also manages to remain unconnected in public. A lot of the same beats as Geoff Johns' Brainiac storyline, but maybe no Supergirl just yet. Emphasis on Superman being a good citizen of the world, representing the Earth despite being Kryptonian, but trying not to speak for all of Earth when it isn't called for. Superman is emphasized as the ultimate immigrant.

The third movie sees Lex Luthor come to a boil. He decides to do that Project Everyman from 52, to eclipse Superman by having people's metagenes brought out. His team is The Elite, from What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way? however, and the same basic beats as Superman vs The Elite occur with the Elite killing the bad guys. Superman doesn't like how they do things, fights them. Lex manages to finally activate a metagene in him, but it's unstable, and he has to wear the green armor. After Superman shows up Manchester Black, Black admits that he has all sorts of information about Luthor, and ultimately helps Superman take Lex down. Emphasis is put on the goodness of Superman's ideals, his purity, and why he acts as he does as compared to Lex Luthor and the Elite.
>>
File: lex9.jpg (6 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
lex9.jpg
6 KB, 250x188
Metallo really is the best intro villain.

>>81470515

Id swap Luthor and Brainiac around. Have Luthor think he can use Brainiac in some way but ends up biting off more than he can chew when Brainiac just straight up reveals he gives zero fucks and plans to kill the earth.

In fact I think I may even give Lex a Morrison esque character arc where he ends up realizing his fuck up and when he sees Superman struggling against Brainiac but refusing to give up becomes inspired, he realizes that all his hate was petty jealousy and ends up sacrificing himself to save the world and Superman.

OH Better idea. Instead of realizing he's wrong he sacrifices himself to do what Superman can't. He defeats Brainiac and when he's about to die in Superman's arms, he laughs.

>Looks like I did beat you in the end after all. The man is better than the Superman.
>Yeah. You won Lex. You won. You where the better man.

And in the end Superman is hit by Lex's sacrifice. While visiting his grave with Lois, she wonders why he did it. That Lex was a jerk. And Superman doesn't tell her she's wrong But he tells where that every man can be a hero if they try.
>>
>>81469999
Birthright Adaptation
Braniac Adaptation
Something involving Doomsday
>>
>>81470184
>movie 4
>Superman saves KISS
>>
Is Mohammad Ali still alive?
>>
>>81470184
Why hasn't Grant played Lex Luthor yet?
>>
>>81471584

He's nigh unintelligible
>>
>>81469999

First movie is Braniac. A Golden age powered Superman reverses metropolises shrinking and saves the day ith absolutely no deaths. Is a hero to everyone

Second movie is Zod. Make it a bit more light hearted than MoS and minus the world engine have the entire end fight play out the same destruction and all. But Supermam takes Zod to space and their fight takes them to the north pole and Supermans fortress. He knocks Zod out and banishes him to the Phantom Zone

Last villain is Luthor. He hates Superman and is using the destruction caused by Zod to turn public opinion against him. The building that was Heat visioned is Lexcorp and not Wayne enterprises.
>>
Why does everyone not want an origin? After how bad MoS was I think we do need an origin.
>>
>>81469999
Just do all star superman
>>
>>81470515

>First movie, Lex creates Metallo. No Superman origin. A lot of emphasis put on Superman being inspirational, helping people, saving people, even working in his fortress to come up with solutions to problems in the world. Metallo is defeated, but Lex manages to stay clean.

You just stole my movie. That's fine, we can work on it together. Apparently we had the same exact idea.

>His team is The Elite, from What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?

Gotta disagree with this though. I've always had a weird thing for the Elite because they're supposed to be the Authority but I think they... miss the point of the Authority too.

I'd rather the actual Authority show up anywhere in DC stuff before their knock-off team does.

>>81470955

>Metallo really is the best intro villain.

Don't know if you've seen BvS yet so... I'm spoiling this, but they had the perfect set up for Metallo with the guy in the wheelchair who hated Superman. Perfect. Lex gave him a fancy new wheelchair, I thought that could of easily turned into a indo/exo suit powered by the kryptonite Lex was experimenting with.

But nope, they went straight to blowing their doomsday load.
>>
>>81471744

Because I'm fucking sick of them. It seems like we're stuck on the first chapter of a book, as soon as we turn to chapter two, it's just chapter one again. Hollywood can't seem to do anything between THE BEGINNING and THE END and it's getting really old and annoying.

The Fast and Furious movies do a better job with continuity and setting up multiple movies than DC and Marvel are doing. The way their doing things The Justice League movie is going to end up with them saying "NO MORE JUSTICE LEAGUE" at the end of the fucking movie.

Have you ever heard the term "in medias res"? It means starting the story in the middle. I think it works a lot of better than people give it credit for. You can do that for a super hero movie and have their origins be flashbacks even.
>>
>>81471744
I'm fucking sick of origin stories.
>>
>>81469999
Why would i?

MoS and BvS are fine.
>>
Nobody likes Bizarro as a villain? Ok maybe not main villain but henchman tier?
>>
File: superman saves the OMNIVERSE.jpg (162 KB, 600x957) Image search: [Google]
superman saves the OMNIVERSE.jpg
162 KB, 600x957
>>81470184
Follow up move where he saves the omniverse. Involves crossovers with Marvel.
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson-102652.jpg (30 KB, 655x362) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson-102652.jpg
30 KB, 655x362
Movie 1 is Lex Luthor

Movie 2? Also Lex Luthor.

In movie 3 we find out Lex Luthor was secretly manipulating Lex Luthor in the events of the previous two films.
>>
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12wAhw4YIYPDG4BSLN587L_FtgzHdBzfGQnx8Df0Kh
>>
>>81469999
Just three movies of Gorilla Grodd.
>>
>>81472257
and before one of you fucks is all "abloobloobloo" Gorilla Grodd is a Flash villain, I'll let can star in the Flash straight to DVD as well.
>>
Movie 1 would be American Alien.

That is all I ask for
>>
>>81472057

This is the most likely scenario. We're never going to see the rest of Supe's rogue gallery. No Metallo, no Parasite, no Gog, no MyzoplxtztYxyyXyyXylalaXy, no Brainiac, no Mogul and Warworld, no Starro.
>>
>>81472288
>Movie 1 Villain is Sinestro and his Corps trying to destroy the Earth
>Movie two is Professor Zoom trying to fuck up the timeline by killing ma and pa Kent before his ship lands and other nefarious deeds (zoom moves clarks glove in little league etc)
>Movie 3 is Superman trying to stop Ares from plunging the world into war
>>
>First movie would be like man of steel, but
>pa Kent dies with heart attack
>no hentai tentacles fight scene (make it like metal gear solid 4 microwave hall scene instead)
>less Jesus imagery
>clearer codex subplot
>make superman actually worried about the metropolis citizens when he's fighting zod and faora
>superman consults jor El and his mother instead of the priest
and man of steel would've been a 10/10
>>
>>81472743
Oh, and
>no "Krypton had it's chance" scene
>>
>>81470168
Basically this, but hint at Brainiac and Supergirl in the second film, then have then both show up and do John's Brainiac arc, (minis the lead up into New Krypton) and use the Superman/Supergirl team up to have Clark give off some wisdom and lead into a Justice League film.
Also have Luthor set up his lexcorp soldiers and have Supes give a speech on how wrong they are, and general Superman inspirational fluff. Have Lex be hated by the public, lose his company, etc and hint at him starting an Injustice league or something.
Then after the Justice League film have the two teams fight.
>>
>>81469999
I would change Superman's powers to be less violent. No more laser vision, freeze breath etc. Instead he would have the power to heal the sick, like Jesus, and let refugees into Europe.
>>
>>81472875
also I would make him gender questioning, and as the story progresses he becomes trans
>>
File: 832868-lex_luthor.jpg (33 KB, 434x640) Image search: [Google]
832868-lex_luthor.jpg
33 KB, 434x640
first movie would be a much improved version of bvs except its just superman and lex luthor, we get a gist of who these guys are, lex is fucking shit around the place, we get told zod failed an invasion and lex has his corpse and ship - lex's trump card is instead of making doomsday, he makes bizarro to counter superman

second movie - supes gets an invitation to see people from his homeworld and he cant resist the opportunity after being persuaded by lois to check it out, but what he doesnt realize is that the invitation stated "beings that lived under a red sun" and not kryptonians and goes right into monguls trap, stuff ensues

third movie - brainiac decides to put earth in a bottle with the rest of his planets, he fucks up, hatches a plan with luthor and becomes lexiac, then fights superman with all three of them dying

end
>>
File: XD.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
XD.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>81472875
Synder if you are reading this, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO
>>
>>81472896
forgot to mention IT HAS TO BE PRE CRISIS MONGUL

THE ONLY COOL MONGUL
>>
>>81472875
>>81472895
also Superman needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever he/her/zim is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Superman"?
>>
>>81472875
The lack of women in your story is problematic. It fails the Bechdel test. What will you do to solve this gross unequality?
>>
>>81472053
What a retarded page
>>
>>81472743
Pa shouldn't die until at least the 2nd movie IMO. The audience should have time to grow really attached to his character before pulling the plug on him.
>>
>>81472969
smallville did it perfect. I loved John Schnider.
>>
>>81469999
I would shamelessly release a remastered Superman 1 and 2 again, and when people ask me for a third I'd just start playing all the episodes of the 1940s Superman cartoon.
>>
File: all-star-superman-01[1].jpg (605 KB, 1024x1587) Image search: [Google]
all-star-superman-01[1].jpg
605 KB, 1024x1587
>>81471744
Unless you want to tie your movie heavily into the story of Krypton before the destruction, like MoS tried to do, it's not needed. Everyone knows where Superman comes from.
You can wrap up the origin effectively in about ten seconds, pic related.
>>
>>81473031
>You can wrap up the origin effectively in about ten seconds, pic related.
It only works because you know the origin already, it's a summary of what you already know. A new reader who doesn't know Superman won't really understand what happened, except that Supes is an alien. Although it'd be really hard to find someone who doesn't at least broadly know Superman's origin, just like you won't know anyone that doesn't know Vader is Luke's father
>>
>>81473095
>Although it'd be really hard to find someone who doesn't at least broadly know Superman's origin

near impossibility. Movies like appealing to the widest audience, so it boggles the fucking mind why they keep doing the opposite.
>>
id have a ten minutes short before the movie that takes the first issue of American Alien then start the movie with the All Star Supes four panel
>>
make them all animated, but market them as heavily as they would the live-action movies
>>
>>81469999
First Movie: "Clark Kent: Superman!"
Focus on the person is Clark, Superman the alterego. Arc goes
1-Young boyscout hides powers and prevents disaster!
2- Teen saves father from tornado! Prevents more disasters but fails to save a young boys father from a chemical factory explosion. Military try to capture him and fail. "Should I do this" convo with family. Learn of how they found him, the message that played when they took him from the craft, which they buried in the desert. Gets costume.
4-News reports, phone footage of a "Superman" preventing crime and saving lives. Catches a plane in Metropolis, talks down a suicidal person. Reports of other vigilantes in Gotham and Central City.
3- Clark gets a job at the Daily Planet, a Metropolis based worldwide online news network with a local paper. With Jimmy he follows Lois into investigating a crime ring that turns out to be run by The Parasite. Clark disappears, superman appears and defeats the Parasite.
4- Post credits scene with Luthor in a lab with the craft Clark was found in and the General who attempted to capture him. Turns out, Luthor was the teen whose father Superman failed, and he created The Parasite with technology from the Kryptonian ship. They were using Parasite to sell drugs/steal/embezzle via disguise abilities money for a secret anti-superman program.

Adult/older teen Clark's "Superman" costume is more like the "Action Comics Number One" variant, as is his personality. Kind but aggressive. Powers grow through the movie. i
>>
>>81473179
>Powers grow through the movie. i
>i

Anon? Anon are you okay?

ANON

NOOO

rip
>>
>>81473095
>it'd be really hard to find someone who doesn't at least broadly know Superman's origin

That was what I was going at - Pretty much everyone has either read Superman's origin in some form, watched it in a previous movie, or just absorbed the knowledge from cultural osmosis.
On top of that, it's not always relevant to the story. Time would be better spent establishing Superman's character and supporting cast in its present day status quo.

The exception, I realize, would be a movie specifically made accessible to a younger audience, which I think would suit Superman pretty well.
Adults now have grown up with Reeve's Superman, the 90's TV show, the DCAUm Smallville, Returns, etc., but kids would've had less contact with the mythos and might actually still be excited to see Krypton's fate unfold..
>>
>>81472057
This is why I hated the X-men movies.
>>
>>81472759
Movie 1.5
>again, like batman v superman BUT
>less batman origin
>no Lois Lane subplot, replace it with wheelchair dude becoming parasite or whoever you guys prefer
>superman saves metropolis from the mutant and Lois Lane proves lex created it (but not well enough that it's usable in court)
>peeps love supes now
>no lex looney
>no lex motivating batman to fight, just superman
>lex not knowing batmans identity
>superman actually tries to convince Bruce to help him
>bruce enters dark "fuck you I don't trust anyone specially you after your kind levelled half a city" Knight mode
>kal El strips batmans armour apart and "if I wanted you dead you would not even had a chance to breathe, now help me save my mother"
>"not falling for that one alien scum" cue kryptonite shenanigans
>"oh shit I'm gonna die"
>"I kill you because I'm batman"
>"well then after you're done, please look for a Martha. Martha Kent, lex has her"
>"wait you for real my nigga?"
>ww enters the room like what up I got a lasso
>the knightmare is what the lasso shows to ww when she ties batman down and looks into his fears when she stops batman from killing superman
>cue doomsday because God did not bend to lex and did not kill batman Martha's saved
>island where doomsday lands after nuke has a lighthouse, superman arrives in time to save lighthouse workers
>aquaman shows up like what up I got a big trident, his wave pushes doomsday to Gotham abandoned port
>flash and/or maybe cyborg show up waddup my niggas need help?
>superman tanks most of the doomsday blows
>and death or no death
>>
>>81472057
How's this

Movie 1: Lex Luthor is going to steal the diamond
Movie 2: Lex Luthor is committing a real estate scam.
Movie 3: Lex Luthor is committing a real estate scam so he can steal the diamond.
>>
>>81473179
Second Movie: "Superman: American Kryptonian"
Focus on american/world response to Superman. Arc:
1-pre-opening: Luthor's anti-superman program has been folded into the main government one. Luthor creates Metallo (without kryptonite heart). Luthor is confronted by (shadowy mysterious) Batman in his office. Conversation about superman, slideshow of feats.
2-Clark is dating Lois Lane, but she has a "thing" for Superman. They are doing a piece on genius industrialist Lex Luthor for the Daily Planet, to mark the opening of his new "Phantom Matter" research facility, phantom matter being what he calls dark matter. Talk of so called "dark matter" as the physical presence in this universe of matter in a different "phantom universe". Opens a milimiter hole to the other universe, but its ripped open and a ship comes through!
3-Zod's Invasion. He tries to take over, Superman tries to stop him, fails due to them having kryptonite and kryptonite proof armour. World learns Superman is an Alien, learns about krypton. American anti-superman program goes public and active. Early gains against Zod and co with Mettalo and Red Sun Lasers, then destroyed horribly.
4-A lot of people blames everything on superman.
5- Luthor forces the second phase of the anti-superman program to start early- the awakening of Captain Atom and Major Force. Improvements of "Parasite" that dont need to drain, entire bodies coated in Kryptonian Heat Vision Cells, covered in a kryptonian nanite skin, running on a nuclear engine because the yellow sunlight does not get through their skin. Mass brawl, Metropolis Destroyed( by Major Force and Zod). Major Force overloads. Superman pushes Zod's ship and army back into the portal, Captain Atom and a mysterious red blur close it. They get Major Force into containment.
6- The Trial Of Superman: Superman is convicted for the destruction of Metropolis, commanded to join the army or be imprisoned. Superman refuses to recognize the trial, leaves.
>>
>>81473572
3rd Movie: "Superman Versus The World"

pre-opening-
1-Major Force (angry and suicidal) breaks free, Superman and Captain Atom turn up and stop him. Atom ordered to fight Superman, refuses again. Threatened with courtmartial by Luthor.
2- Clark is having to be very careful about going of to be Superman. Knows the world is watching for him. Lois wants to get married. Clark is worried but wants to, tells her he is Superman. She freaks. Submits an honest but scathing article on Superman. Clark and Jimmy have some bro time, talk about Superman. Clark visits home, sees parents.
3-catches a news report of Superman causing mass destruction while fighting Metallo!
>whut.jpg
4- more news of Superman being abnormally violent. Luthor argues he was right all along! Captain Atom persuaded to fight. Batman decides Luthor is right but crazy, steals Luthors kryptonite to build own weapons.
5-Superman vs Batman fight. Wins via kryptonite. Captain Atom takes Superman away to specially built prison.
6-Bizzaro breaks free of Luthors control. Batmans face at learning Supermans attacking a city while he watches him placed in a containment prison is amazing. Luthor monolouges about his impregnable prison. Batman and Cpt Atom vs Mettalo. Flash vibrates Superman free. Wisecracks a lot.
7-The gang fight Bizzaro, winning handily with minor destruction, pushing him into the phantom zone.
Post Credits- Princess Diana holds a meeting with King Arthur of Atlantis. "Time to re enter the world". In another dimension, Ares laughs as he kills the Wizard Shazam, freeing Black Adam.
>>
>>81473803
woops, somehow missed the pre opening: The Flash talks to Superman as they fly across the ocean. "Hey you dont seem so bad, big guy. Mainly not your fault, I was there!" their race over the ocean fades into the credits.
>>
File: ACTION COMICS New 52 0.jpg (99 KB, 485x749) Image search: [Google]
ACTION COMICS New 52 0.jpg
99 KB, 485x749
Do what Birth right did and don't dwell on the origin too much. Focus on the character. You can have the rocket escaping Krypton and his parents final moments but keep it brief. Have it all wrapped up by the opening credits, have the Kent's find the rocket and then skip forward to Clark. In his 20's, showcase his interests in being a reporter. You can showcase Superman later but at least establish who Clark Kent is and what his beliefs are before you jump on Kal-El.
>>
>>81473095
My sister didn't know until last month.
>>
>>81474027
I think it depends on which "part" of the origin the movie focuses on, because Superman kind of has four.

>Last Son Of Krypton

>First Son Of The Kent's

> Super Boy Smallville

> Superman Of Metropolis
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.