[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Daredevil's came out, I've realized why Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Daredevil-9.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-9.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
Since Daredevil's came out, I've realized why Marvel is being more successful with its properties than DC has been. Saying that the MCU tries to be fun and lighthearted while DC tries to be grimdark isn't really true and the release of Daredevil shows that. I think the reason why Marvel has been more successful is because they let the source-material of each individual property dictate the tone of what the adaption is going to be. Iron Man wouldn't work as a gritty film and Daredevil wouldn't work as a lighthearted, slapstick, comedy adventure. DC, by making each of its films grounded, has shot themselves in the foot.
>>
>>71349134
So why did they turn Thor into a Rom-Com?
>>
>>71349134
Also Marvel doesn't like crossover so each thing has its own tone and style
>>
>>71349225
For as much as Thor sucked, Winter Soldier more than made up for it.

Missteps happen.
>>
>>71349134
>DC, by making each of its films grounded, has shot themselves in the foot.
DC is NOT making these movies. Warner Bros. is. Stop blaming DC for shit they have no control over. It's not like over at Disney where they let Marvel pretty much do whatever they want with their live-action properties.
>>
>>71349644
This. DC doesn't have it's own studio solely devoted to brining DC properties to the screen. They're just another facet of Warner Brothers IP catalogue and are treated as such.

It was also known as far back as the failure of Superman Returns that now until forever that all the DC films would be grimdark. There were rumblings that Warner Execs wanted Superman to be gritty and dark as far back as then as "if it worked for Batman it should work for Superman".
>>
Where would Daredevil be if Frank Miller never deviated from the established tone?

This is a really dumb way of looking at things.
>>
>>71349911
then why praise Marvel? It's owned by Disney. DC should have some control.
>>
>>71349225
That's why the Thor movies have sucked so far.
>>
>>71349225
The asgard parts of Thor 1 were good.

Thor 2 was just a clusterfucj
>>
>>71349911
Sauce?

I think Mos was just Snyder and Goyer beeing Snyder and Goyer
>>
>>71349978
That's not the point. The show is based on that particular literature. If Frank haven't come along, there would be no show to adapt. It's not like WB making gridmark shit is going to forever change the way people write the comic book.
>>
>>71349134
>they let the source-material of each individual property dictate the tone of what the adaption is going to be.
But Anon. Nolan's Batman films were so successful. Obviously the way to make Superman successful is to try to match the tone! It's what the audience wants!
>>
>>71349225
Because that's the one they weren't willing to get the right tone for. The one they were to hesitant about. And it suffered because of it.
>>
>>71349225
it would be worked if it ws about thor and his mates instead of the buncho of pseudo scientifics
>>
>>71353682
They made it for the tumblr audience.
>Jane and her assistant are the biggest self inserts.
>Thor is their husbando
>its the least "offensive" and "triggering" movie of phase 2
Hopefully they go full on apocalyptic medieval LOTR shit with ragnarok to make up for this shit
>>
>>71350027
Because Disney is just the owner. Marvel is run by its self. Its like if you owned a restaurant but had someone else manage it. You provide the money and resources that the manager needs to run the restaurant but other than that you stay our of his way.
>>
File: tmp_13875-1860332093982278.jpg (39 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13875-1860332093982278.jpg
39 KB, 1920x1080
Please Marvel+Netflix, do everyone the favor.......
>>
File: punisherbyrucka.jpg (53 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
punisherbyrucka.jpg
53 KB, 421x640
>>71354402
this please. it wouldn't have to any more violent than Daredevil and we could even get Matt in the show once or twice.
>>
I think that holds true for the movies. But the Flash and Arrow are very different in tone and structure and work really well as they do. Though Arrow doesn't reflect the comics nearly as much as the flash seems to.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.