[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: jay.gif (942 KB, 294x197) Image search: [Google]
jay.gif
942 KB, 294x197
Why did Bruce Wayne fly into Metropolis while Superman and Zod were fighting? What was he hoping to accomplish with no equipment, no manpower, and no preparation?

Why was the guy who lost his legs such a dick to the guy who signed his paychecks and then saved his life?

Why did Bruce Wayne walk into a cloud of asbestos?

Why does Lex want to kill Superman in particular so badly? He's willing to give a pass to Doomsday and Darkseid but not Superman?

Why does Wonder Woman care about a photo of her that Lex found if she's abandoned the world of man?

Why does Batman kill a bunch of people in a horrifying car chase when he could just break into the Luthor building anyway?

Why did Batman ignore/drop the human trafficking ring he had definitively linked to Luthor once he found the Kryptonite?

Why did Superman stop trying to tell Batman what was really going on after a single attack? He goes straight from "Batman, wait, listen" to "Ok gonna smash you through a wall now"

Why did hearing his mom's name undo the first 2 hours of movie in Batman's mind?

Why did Lois Lane throw the kryptonite spear into the random pool of water?

How did Lois Lane know they would need the kryptonite spear back?

How did Wonder Woman know where Batman was leading Doomsday? How did she get there in time?

What was Luthor arrested for at the end of the movie?
>>
>>81225914
Lex was intercepting crippled guy's mail and sending it back to antagonize Bruce/Batman into taking Superman out.
>>
>>81225914

Everything can be answered with that the director is shit and makes scenes just for the sake of moving the plot onward that have no logic to them.
>>
>>81225914
I thought he was already on his way there, it seemed like him and...Jack or Zach had pretty close relationship. I think the personal vendetta/family thing would have been better playd up if it was Dick.

Luthor was fucking with him I'm assuming most of if not the entire time between movies. I don't know how he knew then but whatever.

To get to the people he cared about... Again would have made more since if Dick worked there.

I don't know the villain motivation was really shitty in this. I think it comes down to ego and not trusting crazy powerful people he can't control.

I didn't get that at all, for a second I thought it was evidence she was immortal but then she doesn't do shit about wiping Lex's servers afterwards, I don't know.

I thought the Car chase was pretty mellow in that with some luck Hey they could have survived. He killed the fuck out of those guards for the kidnapping thing though.

Either Superman was the bigger threat or Batman always knew it had something to do kryptonite or It's part of Lex getting arrested at the end.

Because the movie is called BvS and without that fight Superman and Batman had almost no direct conflict. Maybe something about felt pressured because of the time limit to save his mom.

I think this Batman is way more unhinged than in other media. Not only does seeing his parents death cause him to go out and fight crime but seeing aliens fight in a city causes him to go on a single minded mission to kill Supes because MAYBE he'll be really bad one day. So I don't manic depressive maybe?

Because it was something that could kill her boyfriend and she wanted to get rid of it.

I have no fucking clue. Womans instinct? Repoters instinct? Lois is really Martian Manhunter and read Bruces mind? I don't know.

I don't know if she can fly but she was already in the Metropolis/Gotham area so I assume it doesn't take her too long to get around. Maybe she has an Oracle.

See above.
>>
>>81225914
>Why did Bruce Wayne fly into Metropolis while Superman and Zod were fighting? What was he hoping to accomplish with no equipment, no manpower, and no preparation?
He was probably already on his way there and had character so he was going to try and help as best he could.
>Why was the guy who lost his legs such a dick to the guy who signed his paychecks and then saved his life?
Lex intercepted the checks and did the douchy stuff. Or the guy was just severely fucked up.
>Why did Bruce Wayne walk into a cloud of asbestos?
Because real men walk towards danger.
>Why does Lex want to kill Superman in particular so badly? He's willing to give a pass to Doomsday and Darkseid but not Superman?
Necause he's Lex Luthor and Lex Luthor hates Superman.
>Why does Wonder Woman care about a photo of her that Lex found if she's abandoned the world of man?
Steve makes her moist.
>Why does Batman kill a bunch of people in a horrifying car chase when he could just break into the Luthor building anyway?
Because it looks cool.
>Why did Batman ignore/drop the human trafficking ring he had definitively linked to Luthor once he found the Kryptonite?
Because Superman was a bigger "threat".
>Why did Superman stop trying to tell Batman what was really going on after a single attack? He goes straight from "Batman, wait, listen" to "Ok gonna smash you through a wall now"
Batman clearly wasn't willing to listen.
>Why did hearing his mom's name undo the first 2 hours of movie in Batman's mind?
Because his mom was hot as fuck.
>Why did Lois Lane throw the kryptonite spear into the random pool of water?
Because she saw that it was the thing that was going to kill Superman and so she decided to go with the out of sight out of mind tactic.
>>
>>81226749
>How did Lois Lane know they would need the kryptonite spear back?
She's smart. She put together the connection between the big scary fight and the Kryptonian ship.
>How did Wonder Woman know where Batman was leading Doomsday? How did she get there in time?
He wasn't being subtle. And it had been on the news.
>What was Luthor arrested for at the end of the movie?
Taking part in unleashing the horrible monster from the Kryptonian ship. Either because of the deleted scene or because Batman.
>>
>>81225914
>Why did Bruce Wayne fly into Metropolis while Superman and Zod were fighting? What was he hoping to accomplish with no equipment, no manpower, and no preparation?
I think the better question here was why wasn't the Wayne building evacuated already?

From the point where Bruce lands, the terraforming engine had clearly been going on for a while. Were they like just waiting for the official word or what?
>>
File: batman-inside-out.jpg (108 KB, 497x700) Image search: [Google]
batman-inside-out.jpg
108 KB, 497x700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
>>
>why did-
Because Bruce cares about his employees
>>why was-
Lex was intercepting the checks and tampering with them.
>why did-
To save people
>why does-
It's complex. I think Lex hates him because he' an amoral psychopath who has been thinking about the question of Evil.
>why does-
Sentimental reasons and probably because she doesn't want the amoral psychopath have anything on her.
>why does-
Because the car chase was plan A.
>why did-
Who said he did?
>why did-
Because he thought a show of force could get Batman to stop.
>why did-
Because he realized that Clark maybe an alien but he's still human
>why did-
Because it was killing Superman
>how did-
She isn't an idiot.
>how did-
It was on the news
>how did-
She's wonder woman
>what was-
Terrorism
>>
>>81226840
>I think the better question here was why wasn't the Wayne building evacuated already?

Bruce pays his employees very well, but in return he demands absolute loyalty. Everyday you go to work and you don't go home until Bruce calls your manager and says it's okay. The fire alarm sends a text to Bruce's phone and he calls to let you know if you can leave. No call from Bruce means you keep working
>>
>>81226979
>>81226749
>>81226626
>Lex was intercepting the checks
No, I meant during the rescue. He's a dick to Bruce immediately after Bruce pulls the shit of his legs.

>Bruce cares about his employees
Apparently not enough to do something that might actually help as opposed to suicidally rushing in with no capacity to help

>all these assumptions about Batman's change of heart
I didn't ask for headcanon
>>
>>81226776
>Taking part in unleashing the horrible monster from the Kryptonian ship
That's not really something you can prosecute in a court of law, especially considering there's zero proof he had anything to do with the monster.
>>
>>81227471
His DNA is literally a part of it for one thing
>>
>>81227447
>No I meant
?? I don't see how the dude was being a dick?
>>
Bruce Wayne has andropause.
>>
>>81227471
I'm pretty sure unleashing a rampaging monster in the middle of metropolis can be count as a war crime.
>>
>>81227447
>no capacity to help
He's Batman.
>>
>>81227905
There has to be a war for there to be a war crime
>>
>>81225914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRmMQaLZz8&sns=tw
>>
>>81227880
Bruce tries to learn his name and the guy sours up his face and says "whatever you say, boss" like it's Bruce's fault the building came down

>>81227932
Batman with no equipment and a civilian 2-seater car can't prevent buildings from toppling or rescue anyone.

Him rescuing the little girl was bullshit too, walking into that cloud of debris should've started a slow and agonizing death
>>
I'm starting to think that the movie may be too smart for some people.
>>
>>81228809
No OP is just a retard
>>
File: Perfect_dark_cover_art.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Perfect_dark_cover_art.jpg
62 KB, 1024x768
>>81226944
>Perfect Dark splash screen music for review titles bit

I mean I'm not complaining but is that seriously what they picked?
>>
>>81228693
Both of legs are crushed so he's not really in the best of moods.
>>
>>81228693
>no equipment
Still Batman, We're talking about peak human condition here.
>>
Has Metropolis always been just across the bay from Gotham?
>>
>>81227046
no man thats bullshit. you have to have emergency evac plans in place for insurance, and you have to stick to them in the case of an emergency, otherwise insurance claims can easily be distputed. its a plot hole, albiet a minor one.
>>
I haven't seen the movie, but is Batfleck a worst Batman than Baleman?
>>
>>81225914
>posting a redditlettermedia pic
>>>/tv/ that way
>>
File: earth1_dcu_east_coast-1024x691.jpg (342 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
earth1_dcu_east_coast-1024x691.jpg
342 KB, 1024x691
>>81228903
Yes
>>
>>81225914

He wanted to help the people in Wayne Financial escape since, as their boss (and as a hero), he felt responsible for them. It's why he feels so strongly about what became of the Wally character and Superman's involvement in that.

>Why was the guy who lost his legs such a dick to the guy who signed his paychecks and then saved his life?

PTSD. Going through that traumatic experience, having lost his legs (and presumably people close to him at his job @ Wayne Financial) fucked him up.

>Why did Bruce Wayne walk into a cloud of asbestos?

Because fuck you, he's Batman and will try to help people even if it means risking his own life.

>Why does Lex want to kill Superman in particular so badly? He's willing to give a pass to Doomsday and Darkseid but not Superman?

Because he believes all powerful beings like those 3 can't be good. We know Darkseid is the embodiment of evil, and Doomsday is a beast meant only for destruction. Lex wants to prove Superman is the same:

Evil.
>>
>>81225914
>>81230320

Cont.
>Why does Wonder Woman care about a photo of her that Lex found if she's abandoned the world of man?

Because it would expose her and her people, which is otherwise still a secret. And because she's abandoned man's world, she wants to keep it that way.

>Why does Batman kill a bunch of people in a horrifying car chase when he could just break into the Luthor building anyway?

Because he was basically insane by that point. The Black Zero event affected him as much as it did the Wally guy, and had driven him to the point of obsession and disregard for human life.

I mean, his whole goal is too kill Superman BEFORE he even has the chance to turn evil, which Alfred calls him out on.

Bruce was already older and more cynical. Superman and Zod pushed him over the edge.

>Why did Batman ignore/drop the human trafficking ring he had definitively linked to Luthor once he found the Kryptonite?

Because they caught the guy who was running it, and likely got info out of him. Especially considering he got the death sentence bat brand. Also they eventually arrested Lex, with that likely being among his charges.

>Why did Superman stop trying to tell Batman what was really going on after a single attack? He goes straight from "Batman, wait, listen" to "Ok gonna smash you through a wall now"

Because he was trying to incapacitate him. It didn't take long to see Batman was gonna listen to reason/was gonna try take him down no matter what.
>>
>>81225914
>>81230320
>>81230435

Cont.
>Why did Lois Lane throw the kryptonite spear into the random pool of water?

To dispose of it. She didn't want anyone finding a weapon that could kill that man she loves. And that random pool in that abandoned building was the only immediate option.

>How did Lois Lane know they would need the kryptonite spear back?

She saw Doomsday using Kryptonian powers and come from a Kryptonian ship.

She put 2 & 2 together.

>How did Wonder Woman know where Batman was leading Doomsday? How did she get there in time?

Movie magic. But probably was just watching everything and figured to go where the Batsignal was to find Bruce.... which conveniently was where Bruce led Doomsday back to.

>What was Luthor arrested for at the end of the movie?

His involvement with the massacre in the African village, kidnapping Ma Kent, creating Doomsday, Killing Superman, the damage caused by Doomsday, his ties to the sex trade, etc.
>>
File: Smallville.jpg (211 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Smallville.jpg
211 KB, 960x720
>>81229686
Where's smallville?
>>
>>81225914
>>81230320
>>81230435
>>81230476

>Why did hearing his mom's name undo the first 2 hours of movie in Batman's mind?

It humanized Superman for him, as he begged for his mother's life instead of his own. It showed he wasn't some cold, alien being with no attachment to mankind.

Also, it reminded him why he does what he does:

To prevent people from suffering what his parents suffered, and protect the innocent.
>>
>>81228832
a lot of people seem to be retarded in regards to this movie
>>
>>81226944

Well he's nailed the private Bruce Wayne thing pretty hard there.
>>
File: 1459263228673.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459263228673.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
>>81225914
It was said on the news atthe end that Luthor was charged for that bombing earlier on the movie.

Also the "Martha" part was by far one of the best parts of the movie. Hear inglês the alien guy that you are killing say the name of your mother can already shake you, and much more if is with a mental case like Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81228495
How about terrorism?
>>
File: 1452617265858.webm (1 MB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
1452617265858.webm
1 MB, 959x720
>>81230889

Ben Affleck have become Bruce Wayne, just as Christian Bale became him, once you delve too deep into the role you can't come back.
>>
>>81227046

You know, I wouldn't be surprised that most Wayne managed groups probably have some very specific emergency protocols.
>>
>>81225914
He's a hero, or sees himself as one. He wanted to help.

Loss of his legs traumatized him. Not in his right mind.

See above. He's a dick in the movie, but he ultimately tries to help people.

Doomsday was created by man, and neither him nor Darkseid try to integrate, theyjust destroy/conquer.

She needed to see if Lex actually had info on her, I guess. Yeah, the JL setup was poorly handled.

The sooner he gets it away from Luthor the better.

He had no evidence that would stand up in court, and he's too jaded to rely on anyone but himself for something this big.

Superman doesn't trust Batman, so he figures he'll make him listen after eating the crap out f him, because otherwise he might pull some contingencies before Supes can anything.

Because it hanizes Superman. Up 'till this point, Bats didn't even know if he had a mother. Also, he's fucking insane.

Knee-jerk reaction.

She knew it came from Kryptonian tech.

Followed the Batwing, Super-speed.

It's not hard to deduce who unleashed Doomsday.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.