[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Ginger put up with Dodie? She was a terrible person and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: dodie bishop.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dodie bishop.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Why did Ginger put up with Dodie? She was a terrible person and a terrible friend. I liked As Told by Ginger but damn I wanted Ginger to dump this bitch
>>
We all did, anon. We all did. She was like her cunt of a mother.
>>
File: ATBG - 01.png (94 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
ATBG - 01.png
94 KB, 600x700
she had the assburgers
>>
You don't tell your friend's friend not to hang out with you.

My friends who used to hang out with each other during high school now all hate one another. It's kind of depressing.
>>
>>70632119
Because unlike Dodie, Ginger Is a good friend.
>>
>>70632149
More please?
Especially of the boys.
>>
Remember the time she stole confidential medical files regarding who had lice, which she began to read over the school's PA system? Then she flipped out on Ginger for "ruining her big moment," which was humiliating Courtney Gripling?

Or the time she wanted Ginger to cancel Darren's birthday party because she couldn't go, and implied that Ginger was a terrible friend for... not canceling someone else's birthday party?

good ol' Dodie.

I mean obviously the worst thing she did was trying to break up Ginger and Darren because she was jelly that Ginger was spending time with her new boyfriend, but damn the little things were awful too.
>>
I don't mind a character like Dodie existing because I've known girls like her.

What gets me salty is that there were no consequences for her being a backstabbing attention whoring cunt in a childrens TV show.
>>
File: Future_Chet_and_Darren.jpg (13 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Future_Chet_and_Darren.jpg
13 KB, 360x240
>>70632711
She did end up with a rather plain-looking husband.
>>
>>70632807
this is guy probably goes to reddit
>>
>>70632119
When you're a girl in middleschool, cliques just kind of form themselves and you have no choice but to desperately cling to the one you got stuck with for whatever reason or suffer the shame and ridicule of being a complete social outcast. And like in all kids' media, the social hierarchy in As Told by Ginger was even worse than it is in real life. Ginger couldn't just stop hanging out with Dodie (and by extension, Macie) and go make new friends, the other groups were already formed and probably wouldn't take her just like that. Not to mention Dodie would probably go out of her ay to ruin Ginger's reputation if Ginger ever stopped liking her, ruining whatever slim chance she could have had of finding new buddies. Courtney liked Ginger but Miranda did everything she could to keep them apart.
>>
File: dijonay.png (266 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dijonay.png
266 KB, 640x480
>>70632119
She's an irredeemable bitch who literally does the mean, cruel, selfish, or narcissistic thing at every possible opportunity (even to her own friends) and I will never understand why any of her friends continued to hang out with her.

She's the White Dijonay Jones.
>>
>>70632967
All that, and there'd be the awkwardness of Carl still hanging out/wanting to hang out with Hoodsey even if Ginger cut ties with Dodie.
>>
>>70632807
Pretty sure that's Ginger's brother's hooded friend, who had a crush on her during the series.
>>
>>70632711
JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE!!!
>>
>>70632711
>I don't mid Dodie existing because girls like her exist in real life
>But I am mad that she gets away with her shit, something that (commonly) exists in real life
>>
File: Future_Carl_and_Hoodsey.jpg (15 KB, 401x240) Image search: [Google]
Future_Carl_and_Hoodsey.jpg
15 KB, 401x240
>>70633006
No, this is Future Hoodsey, note the subtle differences.
>>
File: 1399351006055.jpg (20 KB, 550x336) Image search: [Google]
1399351006055.jpg
20 KB, 550x336
>>70632711
>mfw Courtney turns out to be best friend
Wish the creator got the green light to go ahead with the lesbian storyline, not because it would have been progressive or because it would have been some good r34 bait, but because it would have been so juicy to see Dodie pushed to a side in favor of her new lesbian lover
>>
>>70632967
I don't think Ginger would have had that problem, though. They seem to establish that she's kind of "in the middle" and gets along with other people. It's Dodie who needs to cling to Ginger, not the other way around.

>>70632711
The problem I have is that the writers just skipped past the storyline like nothing happened, expect for what, one off-hand reference by Courtney a few episodes later? It was very unusual for the show to do that and I wonder if maybe Nickelodeon had a say in it.
>>
>>70633006
I hate when that shit happens.
>>
I hated As Told by Ginger and Wild Thornberry's as a kid. I don't know if it was just because they were boring or because I was still in "eww icky girls" phase.
>>
>>70633037
Didn't they wind up rich as fuck? Based Carl and Hoodsey.
>>
>>70633001
Gotta give props to Ginger's mom for putting up with Dodie's mom as much as she did.
>>
>>70633120
Mrs. Foutley was a saint.
>>
>>70632236
I know Ginger didn't let Dodie get away with absolutely everything, but she was still kind of an enabler just for still being friends with her even though she was a bitch.
>>
>>70633116
It was never specified, though Carl did mention wanting to go into real estate later on in the series, and they certainly look successful there.
>>
>>70632807
Is that other guy Ginger's husband? Did she marry Giancarlo Esposito?
>>
>>70633022

Obviously, but kids media is supposed to make them believe that acting like a shitlord will have consequences so maybe just maybe they won't act that way.

And honestly in my experience women who act like her seldom end up happy. It might take decades for their shit to catch up to them, but eventually they succeed in alienating most of the decent people from their life, especially when they get older and don't have youth on their side.
>>
Ginger was too nice to dump that idiot on the curb.
>>
>>70633093
Maybe you just hate redheads.
>>
>>70633006
Hoodsey didn't have a crush on Dodie, he was Dodie's brother. He did have a crush on Macie. I think Hoodsey and Dodie's husband look so similar because they both look exactly like her dad, and Dodie might havehad a thing for guys that look like her father.
>>
>>70632807
It always bothered me that Courtney wasn't in this scene.
>>
>>70633199
No I fucking love redheads.
>>
>>70633229
I think only the core cast (Ginger, her family, her friends, her family's friends and the significant others thereof) were included.
>>
>>70633224

Or maybe she's a slut who doesn't know the father of her baby or the dad wants nothing to do with her and she roped Hooesey into helping her support of his nephew by whining and guilting him nonstop.
>>
>>70633229

They couldn't show her with her lesbian lover.
>>
>>70633268
Courtney was the most important character outside of Ginger and her brother.
>>
>>70633268
Not that guy, but Courtney was so important... I guess... maybe not to Ginger's development in the long run, but her own. It just made me sad she wasn't there. Ginger meant so much to Courtney. :'(
>>
File: Photo Aug 07, 12 51 48 PM.jpg (59 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
Photo Aug 07, 12 51 48 PM.jpg
59 KB, 302x300
>>70633345
>>70633360
I'd argue her Mother, father and Dr.Dave were pretty darn important too.
>>
>>70633116
Really wish I knew what all the characters' jobs ended up being, especially Carl's after seeing him as an adult. I get the feeling the show was going to go more in-depth with that final scene, but suddenly ran out of time and had to wrap things up quick. I am very satisfied that they had such a good conclusion at all, which is something you don't always get with cartoons. Pretty neat how they could have tacked that final scene onto lots of different episodes and still have it work perfectly.
>>
>>70633305
No, Hoodsey was just on the other side of the room in that same scene. see >>70633037
>>
>>70633169
>And honestly in my experience women who act like her seldom end up happy. I

Well, considering how miserable and fucked up her mother was....
>>
>>70632994

>she's the white dijonay jones

I came in here just to post this. Why is this cliche so relevant?
>>
>>70633375
Her mom and Doctor Dave were there, though.
>>
>>70633528
Oh darn, and I just watched through the whole series last year, I guess I need another refresher. I am certain that neither of the Griplings were in the final scene, nor Brandon, nor Ginger's bio-dad, etc.
>>
>>70633574
I would have been more surprised if her biological dad was in that scene. He did make an effort to improve his relationship with her during the series, but despite that there was a theme of him not being present for many of the events in her life. I wouldn't like the implication that that changed after she became an adult.

She was just doing a reading of her book at a small bookstore. It shouldn't be surprising that not every single person that was a part of her life in jr highschool could show. It's not like it was her wedding or something, where it'd be really disappointing if someone didn't come.

I like to think that Courtney grew up to have a job and couldn't get the time off work to come. Also I'm going to imagine that Ginger and Dodie had been out of touch for years but Ginger had invited Dodie because she's such a big character in the book.
>>
>>70633054
Ginger probably experimented in college, assuming she and Darren weren't a constant thing.

Re: Dodie, they grew up together, didn't they? You don't just dump your best friend for nearly your whole life that easily. Even if she's an insecure bitch who fucks you over. You gotta understand that Ginger basically got the opportunity to be popular, JUST Ginger, by basically doing nothing (it was Courtney's interest in her and little else that made her a focus.) Dodie also has the influence of her mother, who is one of those people who thinks she's always right and married a right puss to stay that way.

It's that awkward phase as you go from middle to high school and start learning about shit that doesn't necessarily require a playmate like you needed in primary school. Relationships of course, popularity and the hierarchy, and even starting your life as an adult with a career and going to university and all that jazz.

A girl like Dodie is desperate to be popular, because she's the right mix of outspoken and noting special. Ginger was more chill about it and Macie was a mouse, so you know.
>>
>>70633360
Courtney would've been more important if Nickelodeon wasn't afraid of lesbians at the time.
>>
>>70633899
>Macie was a mouse,
No, she was a SEAL.
Get it right.
>>
You'd think more rich girls would be lesbians. I think they would be, if not for that embedded idea that you have to have a hot mate by your side.

I mean, Courtney seemed to sort of get the fact that she already had money, popularity, and looks. What does she need some dumbass guy for?
>>
>>70634030
To experience the pleasure of someone cumming inside you.
>>
File: cdn.indiewire.com.jpg (40 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
cdn.indiewire.com.jpg
40 KB, 680x478
>>70634029
Anyone else surprised that someone finally actually did make a little seal girl movie?
>>
>>70634056
It's it really that pleasurable? I'm really curious because I'm not a bottom and I'm not a grill so yeah
>>
>>70634030
Arm candy.

Which she could still have and be a lesbian, he'd just need to be a cuck.
>>
>>70634115

No, doesn't really feel like anything. Men have a delusion that it feels good to women but we're not sensitive deep down (unless you smash our cervix, which just hurts).
>>
>>70633093
It's because both shows are HIDEOUS.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.