[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU Spider-Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16
File: CivilWar56e1afe329655.jpg (147 KB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
CivilWar56e1afe329655.jpg
147 KB, 2158x1136
What are your hopes for the upcoming Spider-Man movie? What villains are you expecting or hoping for? Who do you want to see as J.J.? Show us your pitch and how would you handle the movie if you had the chance.
>>
Obviously J.K. Simmons as JJJ. If they can't get him, John C. McGinley would be great too.

Kraven the hunter as a villain. He hunts down young metas, and Spidey is his latest prey.
>>
>>81270476
J.K Simmons is Gordon in DCEU.
>>
>>81270356
>Who do you want to see as J.J.?

Honestly- >>81270476
>John C. McGinley would be great too.

This has been thrown around quite alot and I totally agree with it.

>Kraven the hunter as a villain.

As long as he's without powers, I'd be cool with this. Also, I hope they set up Osborne early on. And if they do Green Goblin, they treat it as the culmination of a multi-film build up.
>>
Bump for Mysterio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqUbG_NoLg
>>
>>81270356
I realize Osborn's importance to the mythos, but goddamn I'm tired of him.
>>
File: 1456436676291.jpg (95 KB, 762x1048) Image search: [Google]
1456436676291.jpg
95 KB, 762x1048
>>81271342

I've seen concept art of Mysterious that are both loyal to the comics but could also be taken seriously by general audiences.
>>
>>81270356

I'm hoping they're wise enough to set up Norman but not have him become the Goblin, save for foreshadowing during the post credits scene. I'm also very big on the idea that Norman, before getting driven nuts by the Goblin Formula, really does view Peter like a second son to him. (Assuming that they want to go with a morally ambiguous Norman instead of an evil one, a la Dark Reign.)

Plus, one of the few concepts I liked in that Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon was the idea that Norman's interest in Spidey began with the hopes of replicating his powers for a new super soldier serum. I'm hoping they do something like that too.
>>
File: mysterio_color_06a[1].jpg (53 KB, 640x1024) Image search: [Google]
mysterio_color_06a[1].jpg
53 KB, 640x1024
>>81271691
Mysterio needs to keep some sillyness in his design, i mean the suit was made by a guy who did effects for B horror movies, it should reflect that
>>
>>81271995

This probably won't happen, but reading your post gave me the idea that Mysterio throughout the film could be played up as someone who would fit better in a Lovecraftian horror movie who's seemingly untouchable throughout the film... And then they eventually reach something similar to pic related after Peter finally gets the upper hand.
>>
>>81271547
Osborn should be mentioned. Hell, even seen. But he shouldn't be the villain. He shouldn't even APPEAR to be the villain. Not even a red herring.
>>
File: 1458172989893.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458172989893.png
360 KB, 500x500
>>81270356
>What are your hopes for the upcoming Spider-Man movie?

Maybe they will finally do Sinister Six

I will be so fucking mad if it's Green Goblin again
>>
I want Kraven the hunter idk who could play him though
>>
File: g2lgi4suozw8dmtakrno.jpg (225 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
g2lgi4suozw8dmtakrno.jpg
225 KB, 960x540
>>81272162

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
>>
>>81272099

Yeah, just like this anon said here: >>81271838

Play Osborn up as genuinely caring for Peter as though he was his own kid. Maybe even do something similar to the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, where they go through a lot to convince us that Norman isn't the goblin. If I weren't a veteran of the franchise when I came across that show, I might have actually bought them when they tried to convince me it was Harry the whole time.

That and all of the effort they put into making him ominous.
>>
Its time for my man Kraven to shine
would make perfect sense too
>Events of Civil War put more spotlight on Spidey
>More people now aware of his existence
>Hammerhead becomes aware of the fact that spidey has been interfering with his usual Mobster stuff
>puts out a bounty on Spidey
>it attracts Sergeis attention, he travels from Africa to new york and tells Hammerhead he'll do the bounty for free
>'''The Hunt is the ultimate prize''
Tom Hardy for kraven when
>>
What if they decide to bring Kingpin into the MCU through Spidey?
>>
>>81272186
That's what I was kinda thinking too Dwayne definitely has the build
>>
>>81272281
He's Black Adam
>>
>>81272254

Vincent D'nofrio said in his reddit AMA that he is down to do a Spider-Man movie, he's just waiting to get the call

I want to see Spider-Man call him fat
>>
>>81272204
I showed my friend Spectacular Spider-Man as her introduction to the character and she totally bought the Goblin fake-out.

That show was perfection, they should just adapt every detail of that besides Wolf-Kraven and fit it into the MCU.
>>
File: miles claps.png (161 KB, 527x189) Image search: [Google]
miles claps.png
161 KB, 527x189
>yfw Spider-Verse
>>
>>81272254
>Spider-Man movie is Spidey vs Kingpin and the Enforcers
>Daredevil shows up during the climax and they have a cool team-up
>Post-Credits scene is Norman Osborn (who's been a more or less good guy dad figure the whole movie) watching footage of Spidey at work and getting hype over the scientific possibilities
Fucking fund it.
>>
MODOK
>>
>>81272485
>this will never happen
>>
>>81272226
>>81270476

Needs to be this. Kaven's a great entry level villain for a highschool Spidey. He's much more than you average crook or robber, but he's the kind of guy that a seasoned Avenger could probably take one on one and be home for dinner.
>>
>>81272429
>they should just adapt every detail of that besides Wolf-Kraven and fit it into the MCU.

And Venom. We could all do without Venom.
>>
Meh, I don't want Kraven as the villain. I don't want a villain that has personal problems against Spider-Man to be more precise. It risks people and rarely shows heroics.
>>
>>81272099
>>81272204
I agree 100%
>>
>>81273289
Venom deserves a decent on screen adaptation, but it is still too early
have pete pick up the black suit in Civil War and then one movie where he fucks around with it and then venom
>>
The villain will be the Beetle, believe it.
>>
>>81270356

It better work out, because it would be Hell to reboot it again, especially since he's being included in the MCU, which is supposed to last.
>>
>>81270356
I would fix the current costume to be closer to the comic book one. I would want to see J.K. Simmons back as JJJ if possible. I guess I would like to see someone new in the villain role, perhaps two of them? Like Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter. Maybe Vulture? Bruce Campbell or Doug Jones for Mysterio and Gerard Butler for Kraven? John Malkovich as Vulture. But if I could bring some one who has already been done before back I might go with Dr. Octopus.
>>
>>81272429
Wolf? Wasn't it more like a lion or something?
>>
Just get Simmons again

Fuck continuity James Bond pulled this off wonderfully with Judi Dench as M and no one looked a second time and asked why, she was simply the best for the role
So do the same with JJ
>>
>>81273771
Civil War is too early, Infinity War, much more fitting.
>>
>>81270356
Villains I'd like to see Spidey fight first would be ones like Mysterio, Scorpion, Rhino, or Vulture, hell maybe even the Hobgoblin. Save the big baddies such as Venom, GG, Carnage, and Doc Ock for the sequels.
>>
How about Liam Neeson as Norman Osborn and Johnny Depp as Kraven the Hunter?
>>
>>81272226
>a more buff freddie mercury.

Every time i see shit like that.
>>
>>81281670
> Johnny Depp as Kraven the Hunter?

0 muscle mass?
>>
>>81271691
>>81271995
>he wears a mask that's filled entirely with smoke

How does he see?
>>
Kraven's probably difficult to use as a main villain because it's impossible to have a real climactic showdown against him. He's the underdog; a single serious punch from Peter would easily kill him. Kraven's strengths lie in stealth, traps and tactics, but once Peter breaks through all that, Kraven would go down too easily.
>>
>>81282240
it would be extremely difficult
>>
>>81282506
It's the same principle as why almost every confrontation between Batman and Superman is shown from Batman's perspective. To Superman, Batman's just a man in a costume with a bunch of toys, while to Batman, Superman is the most terrifying adversary he could face.

It's not as interesting if the antagonist is the one who has to use every single trick in the book to keep ahead.
>>
>>81282661
>for you
>>
>>81282506
Kraven knows all about fighting foes stronger and faster than he is
>>
>>81282240
ILLUSIOOOOOONS!
>>
File: original_spidey_.png (2 MB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
original_spidey_.png
2 MB, 2158x1136
>Pic related for the costume
>Less "woe is me" Spidey, more "I'm having a fucking blast being a superhero" Spidey
>A villain we haven't seen yet (Or possibly Wilson Fisk)
>Spidey actually balancing his 2 lives and not just giving up because he can't get any pussy
>A more accurate version of Peter, instead of "stereotypical nerd" Peter or "skateboarding socially awkward autist" Peter
>A supporting cast that's fleshed out (Ex: Flash not just being your stereotypical jock)
>Lots of humor and fun to watch
>>
File: J. Jonah Jameson.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
J. Jonah Jameson.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>81271104
It wasn't confirmed if it was a locked to DC movies contract, so there is still hope.
>>
>>81271691
They should do the Spiderman TAS origin story for Black Cat. Anyone who doesn't know her dad was a spy in WW2 that had Raymans, he saw the super soldier serum and remembered it. Many twist and turns later Felicity gets injected and she can "transform" into Black Cat mode.

Mysterio could even be Harding dad for all i care.
>>
>>81282775
That's because of tactics and tools. Batman's also used to fighting those who are stronger and faster than him, but that doesn't change the fact that a single wrong move can mean instant death for him. In a fight between Batman and Bane, it's Batman who has to desperately use every chick he has to stay one step ahead. Bane can tank Batman's hits, while Batman would get easily crushed if Bane found a large enough opening. The situation's reversed with Spider-Man and Kraven. Kraven needs to use every single trap, tactic and technique to stay ahead of the curve. If Peter hits him even once, it could easily cripple him. On the other hand, Peter has superhuman endurance and stamina, so he can afford to take a few hits.

The end result is that Peter has to avoid a bunch of traps and weapons, but once he's actually within melee range of Kraven, the fight ends very quickly.

Plus Peter's always been a tough mark for Kraven due to that Spider Sense of his. Clairvoyance is a bitch when your entire repertoire is based around stealth and traps.
>>
I came up with some massive plan for if I got to be in charge of the Spidey movies. I won't get into the whole thing here but:
So, Tombstone would be the first villain, because he doesn't make too many appearances and a mob guy would be a good starter for Spidey to take out. And I'd introduce Oscorp early, as Tombstone's employer; he's importing all sorts of illegal stuff for them to use in experiments. Oscorp sends guys like the Vulture after Spidey because he's fucking their shit up, but I'd make sure it's known that Norman isn't a villain, he's just a business man whose business is being fucked with. Spidey infiltrates Oscorp after figuring out the tech the villains have is made by them. While there, he stumbles upon the symbiote and it attaches itself to him.
Spidey gets the black suit, but becomes increasingly more brutal while wearing it. This is where the goblin comes in initially, as Harry. But, the goblin serum messes with your head, so it's Harry's body, but not really his mind. The serum causes psychosis with occasional moments of clarity before kicking in again. He and Spidey fight, with Spidey nearly killing him, but after realizing it's Harry, he stops and manages to get rid of the symbiote. During a brief moment of clarity, Harry hear's Peter's voice and realizes that his friend is Spider-man.
Goblin returns like two movies later, this time as Norman. But again, he's not really a bad GUY, he just knows Spidey nearly killed his son and he wants revenge. But like the last time, he's not in control because of the serum. Harry sees the fighting and knows it's his father in the Goblin suit. He's managed to build up a resistance to the side effects of the serum and goes to end it. Harry ends up being killed by Norman, while protecting Spider-man. Norman, in a moment of clarity, sees that he killed his son. He steps off his glider in a suicide attempt, but the serum kicks back in, he calls his glider to him, and flies off, to return later.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
Spiderman goes around with the scooby doo gang, busting people like mysterio, who turn out to be real estate developers trying to scare people away with fake spookiness!!!!
winning!!!!!
>>
File: wonder woman (52).png (311 KB, 342x565) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman (52).png
311 KB, 342x565
some characters that would be fun to see on screen:
morbius
manwolf
i see a theme: maybe spidey can unite the lycanthropic hero/villains together, and hunt down kristen stewart, have group sex with her and gwen and mary jane, combining spiderman, twilight and 50 shades of gray. get Sasha Gray to play Mary Jane Watson
>>
Whatever they do, they SHOULD NOT DO HARRY OSBORN AGAIN!
>>
>>81271691
>Black Cat in the MCU
Yes please. If they can have her stick around in enough movies to get the kind of character development that leads her to be as phenomenally written as she was back in the '04 Marvel Knights run I am all for that.
>>
After BvS, I want to see a gritty and dark Spiderman that kills his enemies. Branding would be fun too!
>>
>>81284193
To be fair, the new spider logo looks like it would be a cool as fuck branding mark.
>>
>>81282891
Spidey only gets pussy much much later in his career though.
>>
I'd love to see Shocker, Scorpion, Mysterio, Vulture, Rhino, Sandman or Hobgoblin or maybe Doc Ock in the new movie. Not another Green Goblin, at least not right away
>>
>>81285040
But he doesn't stop being Spider-Man just because he can't be with a girl. He knows it's not his priority and he's not going to let innocent people die just because he can't score.
>>
File: TASM 637028-029.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1958) Image search: [Google]
TASM 637028-029.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1958
>>81284193
Only if he wears the right suit for it.
>>
File: cw black.png (223 KB, 459x918) Image search: [Google]
cw black.png
223 KB, 459x918
>>81270356
fix the suit. Black OR Blue.
and if you REALLY want both so bad, actually put some effort into it rather than top half black, bottom blue.

Other than that I want a bigger emphasis on Spider-Man as a public icon
>>
>>81270356
overarching theme: urban jungle
groove: hunter
shade: radioactive
>>
>>81270356
I just want a good Venom.
Like the one from Truth in Journalism
>>
File: Member_of_the_Sinister_Six.jpg (33 KB, 371x175) Image search: [Google]
Member_of_the_Sinister_Six.jpg
33 KB, 371x175
1) Not being afraid of reusing elements that were already used in previous movies (villains, characters, love interests, plots, etc); If they can see they can do a better work on, let's say, Doctor Octopus, just make a movie with a character;
2) Not rushing the continuity up; I don't want to see Spidey already fighting Scarlet Spider or dealing with the symbiotes, when he still didn't deal with all the Sinister Six members;
3) Wanting to do a reverse-Phase 1 build-up, where they introduce a villain in each movie, and it all ends up building up to a Sinister Six movie;
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.