[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he rape Superman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: zack-snyder2_sc_768x1024.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder2_sc_768x1024.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>Spent two movies making Superman a brooding, careless, murderering jerk.
>Completely wasted the most significant Superman storyline by cramming it in to the last 10 minutes of the film, without any proper build up, and therefore ruining any huge emotional impact it could've had on audiences.
>Stated in a recent IGN interview that the reason he decided to get rid of Superman is so that Batman is the one who brings the League together.

Well /co/?
>>
>>81213479
Yeah pretty much
It should have been saved after a justice leauge or two so there would be more heroes to show up for 5 minutes and for doomsday to trash and then people could actually question if he would be dead or not since he could be replaced by another leaguer
Then people would speculate with contracts and what not
Kinda like people are doing with Civil War and whether or not tony or cap will die
Something Marvel did right
>>
>>81213710
>>81213479
I also feel Batman's motivation should have rested on the deaths he caused and the murdering of zod and recognizing that he was trying to be a hero but doing it wrong
He could go through the whole "if i had your powers those people wouldn't have died"
And then when he beat Superman his point could be that he wasn't invincible and that a powerless man beat a "god"
That way you wouldn't have to have a blood thirsty bat of murder on the loose
>>
He really did. Regarding the Death of Superman thing, I suggest not thinking about it being wasted on this movie, because the more you think about it, the more you'll realize how much of a colossal fuck up that was on WB's part, to waste what could've been one the most significant moments in CMB history. A moment that in the hands of a talented director, could've had audiences crying the way the ending of Titanic did.

What a fucking joke this whole thing is. They're not gonna be able to do it again for a very long time. Death of Superman is not something you just do again 10 years from now.
>>
I think he's just retarded.

Like the type of idiot that only pays attention when Batman breaks someones leg or when Supes goes into a fit of rage with red eyes. That to him is cool. Everything else boring.
>>
>the death of captain america will be more emotional and remembered by more people than the death of superman on screen
>>
>>81214219

As it should be. Supes is an alien.

Cap is one of us.
>>
File: 1387424277795.png (120 KB, 869x880) Image search: [Google]
1387424277795.png
120 KB, 869x880
>>81214219
Kill me.

Fucking, kill me.
>>
>>81213479
>Did he rape Superman?
Yes.
>>
>>81214327
I'll kill you. With a fork in the brain.
>>
File: masterofsubtlety.png (958 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
masterofsubtlety.png
958 KB, 1280x540
>>81213479
>>
>>81213479
He did, and he added Superman's death bc he just thought it would be cool to do. He doesn't understand the character. When he said he was making this movie for the fans, I thought he meant he was going to be true to the comics, not just throw in references to material without the context behind it to give it weight. It might have been better if any of his characters were at all like their comic book counterparts.
>>
>>81213479
Are you referencing Death of Superman? Because that book is terrible trash.
>>
>>81213479
His resurrection will be the trigger for him to become calm and lighthearted

>There's always hope
>>
>>81213479
No, he just simply doesn't get Superman. Or Batman for that matter, which was surprising. It's sad when the actors playing the roles have a better understanding of their characters than the director of the movie. He's just a fucking idiot, plain and simple.
>>
Maybe he's setting up Injustice Superman and that's been his plan all along even in MoS. That's the only way I could fathom this characterization.
>>
>>81215295
Trash it may be, but it is significant,
>>
>>81215405
Well it's suggested in the possible Darkseid future that he becomes a fascist fuck and "LOIS LANE IS THE KEY", so hey, maybe.

Frankly, this is all evidence that Batman is right, and that Superman cannot and should not be trusted.
>>
>>81213479
Post sad affleck
>>
>>81213479
>Did he rape Superman?
How is this even a question? Yes and this is our children's Superman who has no hope of anything better and they'll grow up to pen or either entirely ignore the character.

>Stated in a recent IGN interview that the reason he decided to get rid of Superman is so that Batman is the one who brings the League together.

Sauce?
>>
>>81213479
>Spent two movies making Superman a brooding, careless, murderering jerk.
You forgot xenophobic and genocidal because Krypton had it's chance and according to Superman didn't deserve another.
>>
>>81213479
Did he rape superman?

lol seriously, you fucking fanboys are always so over dramatic about everything.
>>
>>81215481
It's only significant because it was a milestone. A-List characters were never killed off like that before. It just wasn't done. So it was newsworthy when it actually happened.

Ultimately though, it was made moot because Superman came back.

>>81214219
Cap's "death" in the comics was even less significant because he was brought back in an equally absurd manner. The movie death won't matter much either.
>>
>>81213479
>the most significant Superman storyline
no, that would be the origin. what you had in mind was an office joke while they were waiting for the tv wedding.
>without any proper build up
what
>>
>>81213479
He killed 1 guy in self defense anon. Get over it
>>
Superman's not real.

He only raped movie goers. Particularly the children that didn't know what they were getting into.
>>
He made me like Superman for the first time.
>>
>>81214219
To be fair his death in the comics was better too, despite Civil War sucking.

The Death of Superman is a truly awful story.
>>
>>81219896
Try as much as you like, but Civil War is worse than Death of Superman.
>>
>>81213479
nah he didn't rape superman, but he did set up an awesome potential injustice version of superman.

Death of superman was never, ever that good. Honestly.

Comic book wise, Death of superman is llike a tick above civil war.. And civil war comic book SUCKED.
>>
>death of Superman
>significant
It was significant only in the sense of marketing.
>>
>>81213479
I don't think it's rape so mush as awkward unsatisfying sex. Sex with a guy that has seen or heard of some freaky sexual stuff that should be fun, he just has no idea how to do it properly.

>He spent two movies showing the effects of a cynical world that had a Superman. A Superman that looked like he was trying to do the right thing. But ultimately he focused to much on the negative effect it was having and not him overcoming it.
>Completely wasted the most significant Superman Storyline...
Yea , he totally did

That seems like Snyders thought process, I want this to happen but logically this character would get in my way, I could work on writing a way around it, NOPE, kill'em.

Storywise I think Snyder takes the easy way out more often than not.
>>
>>81219920
how

seriously, how?

Civil War is awful in execution because Millar, but the concept is still good

Death of Superman is just a big gray Hulk popping up that punches Superman to death after beating up a bunch of other heroes. That's it.
>>
>>81219896

>The Death of Superman is a truly awful story.

Why, because Max Landis made a shitty video about it?
>>
>Mediocre story happens at the end of a movie where the public doubts Superman
>He gives his life for a world that fears him
>Has the big hero moment out of the trinity
>Smiles before beating Doomsday
>"THIS is my world. YOU'RE my world."

Nigga that ending was so dope
>>
>>81213479

I think Zack being given the keys to the kingdom is just nepotism in action. His wife being a high level producer is the only reason he wasn't axed after MoS
>>
BvS is basically masturbation, fun but ultimately meaningless.

Marvel movies are basically having sex with the intent to procreate, meaningful and can be fun but can quickly get tiresome and stale over time.
>>
>>81213967
>waste what could've been one the most significant moments in CMB history
>death of superman

It was a significant moment in comic book history, in that it was a cynical cash grab in an attempt to make a rapidly irrelevant character interesting again.

So BvS fits the pattern.
>>
>>81220351

Yeah it would have been if it was in a later movie not the second in a massive franchise
>>
>>81220298
>story is bad
>guy makes a video making fun of bad story
>story is no longer bad because that guy is a douche

fuck Max Landis, it's a bad fucking story
>>
>>81220351
yeah if only they'd spent any time making the character likable before that moment

you can't care about his sacrifice when he's just been a mopey bore for 2 hours
>>
>>81220434
>mopey bore
Who saved hundreds of people.
>>
>>81220453
and I don't even care because he has the screen presence of a wooden board

Cavill was terrible in this flick, but I suspect Snyder's coaching may be to blame
>>
>>81220520

Go watch Man From UNCLE, he was a lot of fun in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxZ5VQVHMoc
>>
>>81213479

Snyder has literally never made a good movie.
>>
File: 1398388522031.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1398388522031.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>81220400
Oh, fuck. I hate that you're right.
>>
>>81213710
>>81213710
marvel is doing alot of things right

and DC seems to not be looking at anything but their money
>>
>>81213479
>Hack Snyder
DC fans deserve better.
>>
>>81215353
People thought him murdering Zod was supposed to mark the turning point where he would stop killing and being careless.

Look how that turned out.
>>
>>81213479
He raped Superman three years ago.

The majority of /co/ is just too fanboyish to accept it.

>seriously thinking BvS was going to be good in the first place
>>
He is filming the evil dc series. Man of Steel was about Ultraman fist kill. Only tv dc is the good canon.
>>
>>81213479
how are we supposed to feel anything about a superman that doesnt talk
>>
>>81213479
>>Spent two movies making Superman a brooding, careless, murderering jerk.

demonstrably not true
>>Completely wasted the most significant Superman storyline by cramming it in to the last 10 minutes of the film, without any proper build up, and therefore ruining any huge emotional impact it could've had on audiences.

i don't know what specifically you're referring to but everything that happens in the movie is character driven
>>Stated in a recent IGN interview that the reason he decided to get rid of Superman is so that Batman is the one who brings the League together

in movie there's characterization reasoning behind this, this is goes into a 'critique' i have with how they showed this, but yes it makes sense for batman to do this
>>
>>81220520
underused maybe but i felt superman's struggle
>>
he's been infected by the Gentry. he's trying to make us abandon our heroes.
>>
>>81223195
Yes, but did he make you smile? Did he make you feel happy about all the good in the world?
>>
Oh my god. Is Snyder really going to do the Injustice thing and make resurrected Superman evil? How much further can you shit on the character.
>>
>>81214301
>As it should be. Supes is an alien.
>Cap is one of us.

Superman is everything we should be, even without powers.
>>
The DCAU did this much better.

"My name is Clark Kent, This is my home. Get off my planet. Get off my world."
>>
>>81226985
I love Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and the universe that they created but let's not pretend they had a good handle on Superman.
>>
>>81215405
>That's the only way I could fathom this characterization.
You can't fathom that alot of people can't stand bright happy silly naive mary sue incarnations of Superman and instead want a actual character with depth and relatable emotion?
>>
>>81220224
>>He spent two movies showing the effects of a cynical world that had a Superman. A Superman that looked like he was trying to do the right thing. But ultimately he focused to much on the negative effect it was having and not him overcoming it.
THERE IS NOTHING FUCKING WRONG WITH DOING THIS! FUCK YOU!
>>
>>81220434
>yeah if only they'd spent any time making the character likable before that moment
Just because retarded trash like you can't like and sympathize with someone unless they are shoving sunshine up your ass does not mean they are unlikable to the real world.
>>81220453
>Who saved hundreds of people.
Billions.
>>
>>81220351
The kryptonite spear was pretty lame desu
>>
>>81227162
Between them and Snyder, I'd say yeah they do

World of Cardboard was better than anything Supes said in the movies
>>
>>81219864

same, I cound't care less about the figure of hope that'll always be above us, if only because of his immense power, he'll always felt alien to me. The vulnerability he showed in the movie really felt like a normal dude of Kansas who got too much power on his hand and has to deal with the consequences of said powers and also of being the first alien known to earth.
>>
File: 1370445360681.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1370445360681.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>81214219
>people are gonna be more emotional over the death of a character after 5 movies than a character who died on his second movie
>>
>>81215532
Batman is DC's cashcow, therefore he's always right even when he's wrong
>>
>>81219799
>children
>giving a shit about Superman
>>
>>81227162
You're thinking of Wonder Woman.

Their Superman was great.
>>
>>81227851
Bruce Timm is a huge Batman fanboy and no one was allowed to outshine his husbando. Superman lost after his famous world of cardboard speech and that speech was really about the writers apologizing about constantly nerfing Superman for allowing the other league members, read Batman, to do something.

The Timmverse is one of the main reasons why Batman will bring the League together on the DCEU
>>
>>81213479
>careless
Stopped reading there, since caring and careful was all superman was the whole time.
>>
Zach Snyder's reaction to the critics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8
>>
>>81229267
What's wrong with DCAU Wonder Woman? I'm not familiar with her besides the Lynda Carter series and bits of comics I've read.
>>
>>81227202
I'm a fucking emotional wreck that is a chore to be around, I shouldn't be able to relate with Superman.
>>
>>81215532

Batmans conclusion was right, only his view on superman was wrong, the point was that superman is more human than batman thought, for batman superman was some alien who inevitably would destroy earth at some point and therefore can't be trusted but at the end superman was far from being a killing machine, he was someone who tried to do the right thing, was still hated and was about to lose the most important person for him, batman understood that, he better than anyone should understand.
>>
He's probably an objectivist and as such can't grasp the concept of selflessness. Of course he can't make a good Superman.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.