[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. What is your all-time favorite cartoon? No pussy-footing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 29
File: clarence crickets2.png (185 KB, 502x324) Image search: [Google]
clarence crickets2.png
185 KB, 502x324
Hey guys.
What is your all-time favorite cartoon? No pussy-footing "one of my favorites", I mean hands down your absolute most loved cartoon.
It doesn't have to be objectively the greatest, I just want to know what that greatest is to YOU.

By all means, factor in nostalgia, factor in the memories, and shine light unto some good ass cartoons.

pic unrelated
>>
File: clarence belson mocking.gif (829 KB, 316x344) Image search: [Google]
clarence belson mocking.gif
829 KB, 316x344
Bumping with more clarence
>>
File: clarence chair.gif (997 KB, 279x244) Image search: [Google]
clarence chair.gif
997 KB, 279x244
>>
File: 5415646544532.jpg (18 KB, 368x244) Image search: [Google]
5415646544532.jpg
18 KB, 368x244
>>
File: clarence3.png (250 KB, 507x387) Image search: [Google]
clarence3.png
250 KB, 507x387
>>
Old Spongebob. It still makes me laugh to this day, and I have really fond memories of me and my dad watching it.
>>
File: clarence roach.gif (470 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
clarence roach.gif
470 KB, 480x270
>>69009372
Nice, Anon. When'd you lose interest? 2006?
>>
File: clarence_560x230.png (85 KB, 560x230) Image search: [Google]
clarence_560x230.png
85 KB, 560x230
>>
>>69009395
After, "Waiting" it was all downhill for me.
>>
Probably Kids Next Door, I was really into it for a while. The lore is good, the characters are endearing, the morals and lessons are touching, the themes are fun, the character interaction is fulfilling, and it can hit hard when it wants to. Operation Z.E.R.O. and Operation I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S. are still some of my favorite cartoon specials.
>>
File: Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg (140 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg
140 KB, 300x457
There'll never be a day where I get bored of watching this
>>
I love it, I can never hate an episode even if it's boring or bad. This is a very underrated show.
>>
>>69009641
The only original show on Hub that was any good and they cancelled it
>>
I've just GOTTA give it to the Venture Bros. Nothing compares for me. It's on another plane, man.
>>
File: 500px-Percy_in_shub's_class.png (139 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
500px-Percy_in_shub's_class.png
139 KB, 500x281
>>69009314
>>69009329
>>69009358
>>69009363

I'm really starting to love this show, it's very charming, doesn't have to rely on powers/fantasy/randomness, and has this nostalgic feel to it. And the artstyle makes tons of characters look cute. I love Belson and Mel but my favorite has to be Percy.
>>
>>
>>69009707

It had three seasons and rumor has it the only reason it lasted as long as it did was because the creators knew the CEO. Or that's how the story goes anyway.
>>
>>69009768
>>>/out/
>>
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

It definitely isn't the BEST cartoon I've watched and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, but I like it more than anything else. I think it's because other better, higher quality cartoons are repeatable. A really good cartoon will always come along eventually.

But MLP:FiM was lightning in a bottle. I don't think that another cartoon anytime soon is going to have the established media presence from three and a half generations of children's programming, the freedom of airing on a new experimental channel, or a premise charmingly novel enough to do all the things MLP:FiM has done.

People on /co/ always say "this is going to be the new MLP," but the truth is there probably will never be a new MLP.
>>
File: sbt_eblast.jpg (197 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
sbt_eblast.jpg
197 KB, 819x1024
I told myself not to watch this because I knew it was short lived and I didn't want to fall in love with it. I lost.
>>
>>69009863
It's pretty crazy how ugly CGI and character designs become really endearing when coupled with great story and animation.
>>
Angry Beavers

Great art design, superb animation, and hilarious stories
>>
>>69009256
>I just want to know what that greatest is to YOU.

Cowboy Bebop.

Anime and cartoons are the same thing.
>>
>>69009895
Did you at least watch the English dubbed version?
>>
Looney Tunes.

Those shorts practically define American animation, not to mention that they're visually gorgeous and make me laugh out loud no matter how many times I watch it. I ended up watching "One Froggy Evening" about a week ago, even after seeing at least 100 times in my life, and still found myself laughing.
>>
>>69009895

Maybe we should ask the new admin to change it to /ani/ - animation and /mc/ - manga and comics. The shitposting for /ani/ would be glorious.
>>
Adventure Time, not even trolling.

It's fucked itself up so many times and deserves most of the criticisms it receives on /co/, but with that being said I still love the fuck out of it and feel it's chugging along pretty adequately.
It's like a 6/10 show objectively, but I REALLY like it. I'm a fag like that.

I'd be able to forgive a lot if the ending isn't shit, but it's probably gonna go on for another 3 seasons so I don't really see that happening. Ah well.
>>
Courage the Cowardly Dog.
>>
>>69009895
If that's the case: for all of its faults and hiccups.

Sailor Moon

Jupiter is my Waifu
>>
>>69010001

Seasons 1 and 2 were watchable and season 3 was iffy but still good. It's around season 4 were it gets bad and never recovers. But never go to AT threads or respond to it's fans. Not even once.
>>
Clarence is fucking awful. If you can seriously relate to him, you are literally retarded.

But who am I kidding, I'm in /co/. Of course OP's a faggot.
>>
>>69009893
Love how the clock always told the correct time and other minor stuff like that was factored in.
>>
File: EEE.png (2 MB, 6014x4498) Image search: [Google]
EEE.png
2 MB, 6014x4498
Ed, Edd n' Eddy

That show is so funny all around, from the over-your-head jokes to the audio gags, and it's just so nostalgic of that "summertime" feel as a kid.

Plus, it's REALLY fun to watch stoned.
>>
clone high
>>
Chowder.

Followed by Samurai Jack.
>>
>>69009256
so animated series or movie?
>>
>>69010064
I came to /co/ for AT threads, and their the main reason I'm still here.
When there's an episode they're good for shooting the shit.

I feel that people don't give it enough credit (on 4chan at least, overrated everywhere else), even those shit seasons have lots of great episodes.
>>
>>69009924
I like both, but the Japanese audio had the edge because side characters always have horrible VAs in English dubs.
>>
Hey Arnold
>>
TEEN TITANS OR ADVENTURE TIME. They're favorite looking as well
>>
Angry Beavers
>>
Shit, I don't know. Darkwing Duck? Several Disney shows from that time period felt like pure gold. I don't know how they hold up.
>>
File: ben bang.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ben bang.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>Original was one of my favorites as a kid
>Hated the next series that came after for ruining it
>Found this on tv one day and loved it
>Brought the fun back, along with plenty of callbacks and also retconning the stupid shit the series after it introduced.

Personal 10/10, watching with /co/ wsa like a childhood renaissance for me.
>>
File: who put u on planet UGH.png (33 KB, 335x303) Image search: [Google]
who put u on planet UGH.png
33 KB, 335x303
SpongeBob SquarePants
>>
>>69010371
Aw shit it's mlp guy
>>
>>69010353
>Didn't like Ben 10 Alien Force

Fuck you, dude. That show was great.
>>
>>69009848
>Barney and Friends
>It definitely isn't the BEST show I've watched and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, but I like it more than anything else. I think it's because other better, higher quality shows are repeatable. A really good show will always come along eventually
>But Barney was lightning in a bottle. I don't think that another show anytime soon is going to have the freedom of airing on a highly successful yet nonprofit channel, or a premise charmingly novel enough to do all the things Barney has done.
>People on /co/ always say "this is going to be the new Barney," but the truth is there probably will never be a new Barney.
>there are actually people this delusional
>the world will be filled with these types of people soon

Oh, and as a reply to OP, to me that show would be Beavis and Butthead. It helped me discover my music taste, not to mention the main characters are unbelievably idiotic, yet somehow retain a charm that not a lot of other shows can achieve with similar characters of low IQ.
>>
>>69009848

Kill yourself.
>>
king of the hill

love the characters and their interactions, the fact that it was committed to the whole realism aspect, and of course the style of humor

it has its flaws but, for me, never crossed the line like the simpsons eventually did-- where you just start to hate it and everyone involved for letting it stay on so long
>>
>>69010407
get a fucking life already dude
>>
>>69010392
>Unfaithful to the source material
>Droll artstyle, so much so that they had reused assets everywhere
>Nearly every alien was practically just a reskin of one of the original 10
>Boasted itself on being plot focused and having overarching stories yet succeeded at neither
>Reruns of the original series were scoring higher than new episodes of UAF

No, it was really terrible in just about every way, and left a stain so huge on the franchise that not even Omniverse could save it. UAF seriously killed the franchise.
>>
File: Now that's uplifting.png (397 KB, 795x805) Image search: [Google]
Now that's uplifting.png
397 KB, 795x805
Ed, Edd'n Eddy. It's literally the best cartoon ever. This is fact. I loved coming home to watch it after school. I loved watching their schemes unfold, and hoped that they would pan out. It was interesting to see the show from what was basically the perspective of the "bad guys" who were just trying to be apart of the crowd.

Ed had the best one liners
Edd was the best Ed
Eddy had the best lines ultimately. Especially insults. Combine the funny squash and stretch animation with the god tier sound effects and you've got a 9 out of 10 show. The one thing I only wish it did was expand it's cast. but for only having 13 characters, it did some amazing shit.
>>
File: colorless gasp.jpg (74 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
colorless gasp.jpg
74 KB, 633x758
>>69010558
>Edd was the best Ed
>>
>>69010514
You glazed over "ruined Gwen" but I guess that could be divided into the lesser categories. I think it could do with its own mention though.
>>
File: MY SAMURAI HAIR SHAN'T BE SEEN.jpg (22 KB, 370x323) Image search: [Google]
MY SAMURAI HAIR SHAN'T BE SEEN.jpg
22 KB, 370x323
>>69010617
>mfw see r34 with older Gwen
>>
>>69010353
Definitely a close second. OS and OV were based. AF was ok. I think it's unanimous that UA can fuck off.
>>
>Gravity Falls
First thing I have in common with my way younger cousins and siblings. It opened a door.

Before that it was Speedy Gonzales.
>>
>Invader Zim

Humor is subjective, I get that. But it still holds up in terms of art direction, animation, CG, and action.

One of the best sci-fi cartoons ever.
>>
>>69010617
I was going to write a bit about how Gwen and Kevin were characters in name only but I could've went on and on about that so I just said it wasn't faithful.

>>69010642
OS and OV are about equal, but I think OV might have been a bit higher for me just form how fun it was. It brought back alien fusions, Ben 10K, brought in alt universes, and speculating with you guys was fun.
>>
>>69010558
>Double D was best Ed
>Not Ed
nigga plz
>>
>>69010113
>>69010558

agreed. This show helped me through a dark time and I'll never forget it for it.

I have fuckin like 5 years worth of fan art for it
>>
>>69010719
also in my opinion Eddy was the best Ed. I loved him since season 2 and the movie fucking cemented it.
>>
>>69010597
I guess I just relate to him more. Instead of being a zany trouble maker who likes to go out doing crazy shit, I'd just tag along for the ride and try to steer course, when ultimately, I'd rather just be at home doing something autistic like meticulous computer work.
>>69010703
Ed was funniest Ed. But would you want to hang out with him? He's clinically retarded and smells like Kentucky fried ass. But he would like comics and cartoons.
>>
>>69010693
Yes. I used to sit in my living room with cap n crunch and watch this for hours. Haven't watched it in forever though.
>>
>>69009256
Stupid fucking question. There are so many varied genres and styles of cartoons one cannot merely pick an "all-time favorite" because human beings do not exist in the same mood with the exact same preferences at all times of their lives, or even at every time of the day.
>>
>>69010850
I'm sorry.
>>
>>69010850
I agree, but just do your best for the sake of the thread. You won't have to stand by your answer if someone asks you again later.
>>
File: 1389406858266.gif (3 MB, 333x187) Image search: [Google]
1389406858266.gif
3 MB, 333x187
SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpWAnBjdNg
>>
Tom & Jerry
>>
Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably the strongest contender. My Life As a Teenage Robot, Powerpuff Girls, and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy are all up for a close second.
>>
>>69009601
My GF and I broke up during this movie..... Sad... Now I'm in another god awful relationship I have to end
>>
File: glad we're having fun again.jpg (131 KB, 938x707) Image search: [Google]
glad we're having fun again.jpg
131 KB, 938x707
Factor in nostalgia? Arthur, hands down.
>>
Invader Zim

It used to be Regular Show, but it's fucking shit now.
>>
KND, i think. Gave me a lot of nostalgia as a kid and it was a big hit over the mexican sub here in Latin America.
>>
File: Cartoon-Network-Wallpaper-10.jpg (80 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-Network-Wallpaper-10.jpg
80 KB, 400x300
>>69009256
Ed, Edd, n Eddy. It has so much love and effort put into it's animation, slapstick, voice acting,setting, and tone. For something so simple it manages to still hold up to me even though I've grown up.
>>
File: best.jpg (8 KB, 199x184) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
8 KB, 199x184
>>69009256
WE
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x476
>>69009256
Wallace and Gromit. It's just so goddamn comfy and a big factor is nostalgia. I watched their 3 shorts too many times to count throughout my childhood.
>>
File: dragon-booster-2-4377669a47.jpg (842 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
dragon-booster-2-4377669a47.jpg
842 KB, 1280x1024
If Nostalgia is aloud then I'm gonna pick this one. I don't care how cheesy it was I loved it, and I loved the world it was set in.
>>
God, this is hard OP. So many good cartoons, and so many that I love have already been named in this thread: Gravity Falls, Venture Bros., Mission Hill, Gumball, Batman TAS, Ducktails...

But if I had to chose one I'd have to pick Talespin. It's so deliciously pulp, and there's so much nostalgia tied up in it. It's the first cartoon that made me think that the characters inhabited a wider world, rather than living in their own little isolated pocket of reality, and the world they inhabited was super cool. All those airplanes, and that interwar streamline/deco art design. Loved it.

I haven't been brave enough to watch it again, though. I'm afraid the magic will rub away.
>>
File: Fred_title.jpg (29 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
Fred_title.jpg
29 KB, 250x186
I think it would have to be Fred's Head, mostly because of the lengths I have gone to just to watch it, and while there are plenty of shows I would consider superior in a multitude of ways I doubt I would bother putting in the same amount of effort into any of them if it was required.
Honorable mention to Duckman, a very close runner up. On top of being a great show all around, it made it's ugliness work while any other show would have been made lesser for it.
>>
>>69009256
Samurai Jack
JLU
A:TLA
Wacky Races
>>
>>69018279
There are definitely some shows that make me feel dumb that I liked them as a kid. I watched Caillou all the time
>>
Simpsons, if I have to choose one.

Modern day favorite is Adventure Time.

Cartoon most loved as a teenager (but seen as not quite as amazing now) is Futurama.
>>
>>69009751
It does rely on fantasy a lot, to be fair.
>>
Clone High.
>>
File: 1407272137528.jpg (27 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1407272137528.jpg
27 KB, 640x472
>mfw this thread is still alive
>>
>>69010001
All the criticisms I have of the show don't apply to the first half of it. An amazing show, and then some other show that's still pretty good but extremely different.
>>
Thundar the Barbarian
>>
Well fuck me. There's a lot of great cartoons out there, so I have to pussyfoot a little here.
Like all of us, I watched cartoons and a bit of anime (Pokemon, Digimon, whatever they aired in Finland) when I was just a little kid. Without going too deep into personal blog territory, let's just say that I've gotten more out of cartoons now that I'm older and have REALLY gotten into them.
That in mind, my all time favorite is probably Oban Star-Racers. I've seen it only once, watched it a good while ago when I managed to snatch it through some links on /co/, but the memories are vivid as ever. Everything tickled me just right - the art style, the story, the characters, the music, and even the 3D in the race sequences worked. It was near perfect in every way.
>>
>>69021113
Daria's like that for me. Loved that show so much, but revisiting it now is painful. Daria and Jane are so insufferably smug. It makes me want to punch them.
>>
Clone High.
>>
Cybersix or Megas XLR
>>
File: Childhood.jpg (21 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Childhood.jpg
21 KB, 250x188
The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show
I just love this thing. My parents used to watch it before I was born, I watched the show with them later and again when my little brother was born.

With all its bad voice acting and the one dollar budget animation this crap was made with love.
>>
File: 1408759322166.jpg (53 KB, 640x551) Image search: [Google]
1408759322166.jpg
53 KB, 640x551
>>69017476
ARE the so and so

me too, anon
>>
File: no style.gif (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
no style.gif
136 KB, 300x300
>>69017476
HAVE NO STYLE!
>>
>>69021717
>Cybersix
Oh shit I forgot about that. I really loved that show and I still mourn that it didn't have a second season.
>>
>>69022628
Oh shit

I will change my favorite for Donkey Kong Country. It's the cartoon with the dopest songs.

>>69022468
>>>>>>leddit
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.