[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Similar to Clarence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: favorite_show.jpg (244 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
favorite_show.jpg
244 KB, 620x420
Jesus fuck, is it just me or is clarence underrated as all hell? It's a slice of life show that did what it wants to do perfectly, and I love it for that. Not only that, the outro music perfectly sums up the show's childsh nature n' shit. What are some shows that are similar to clarence?

https://youtu.be/fR3Ng_1TDUw
>>
>>81300272
>is it just me or is clarence underrated as all hell?
We have threads about this show all the time, including waifu shit towards the teacher, also this show would be 10 times better if Clarence was just fun instead of legit autistic

Also EEnE
>>
>>81300327
yeah, EEnE was great. Can that be considered a slice of life show or not? It's kinda far fetched and shit
>>
It is just you. Overall, Clarence is a pretty beloved show by most people here because of how lovable and down to earth the premise is. Clarence is just a kid doing kid things, and seeing him with his friends and family is really entertaining. Nothing gets severely out of the ordinary and it sticks to a slice of life setting.

People only really started finding faults in the show during season 2. They started doing weird semi hallucinogenic bits that felt weird. The show is still good, but season 1 is the better season.

>>81300460
I'd say EEnE can be considered slice-of-life. It's definitely whacky and insane a lot of the time, but the setting is very much "Kids playing pretend and making their own fun."
>>
For some reason,season 2's humor is reminding me a little of flapjack (which imo is still a great show)
>>
>>81300545
>They started doing weird semi hallucinogenic bits that felt weird.

Like what, exactly?
>>
>>81300756
Tuckered boys, they get lost and pretty much get high from sleep deprivation. End of season one, but still weird as fuck
>>
>>81300272

>Jesus fuck, is it just me or is clarence underrated as all hell?

Yes, is underrated because it´s just another Homer Simpson clone
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>81300897
>Homer simpson clone
>>
>>81300897
Did tumblr tell you that, anon?
>>
File: the fuck you talkin' bout.jpg (71 KB, 559x598) Image search: [Google]
the fuck you talkin' bout.jpg
71 KB, 559x598
>>81300897
>>
I don't see what people like in this show. He's just a shitty annoying kid that fucks up everything.
>>
Autism: The animated series
>>
>>81302550
It's a slice of life show. It's kids having fun with what they have, and the characters all have personality with some really fun jokes. It's an adventurous childhood show, that's why we like it. We can relate to it.
>>
>>81302661
nice bait
>>
>>81302669
I can understand relating to the adventurous stuff, but all the parts where he ruins things too? I guess it's a difference in the way we were raised, I supposed.
>>
The humor is too dumb at times, which pisses me off because it's also so clever at other times. The down-to-earth style is nice. It's an enjoyable show. I don't keep up with it but I watch it when it's on.
>>
>>81303030
I didnt keep up with it for a while. Recently though I was on comcast and realized i missed a bunch of episodes, and watched through them. I dont think i'll stick with it until a few more episodes come out and i can do the same thing
>>
its also soulless cal-arts garbage
>>
>>81300272
I loved the first season. Is the show still good after the creator left?
>>
>>81303283
It's still pretty good, not as good but i say it's still worth a watch.
>>
>>81303220
>soulless
sure buddy
>>
>>81300839
I love that episode
>>
>>81302958
because he doesn't do it maliciously, and at times its very much aware that its a cartoon
and also everyone is far less destructive in season 2
>>
>>81303283
its a matter of taste
It gets less wacky, so take that as you will
Still one of the better shows running
>>
>>81304516
/thread
>>
>>81303283
I think so. Spencer Rothbell, the new showrunner and voice of Clarence, has a very defined style as a writer (heavily influenced by things like The Simpsons with a recurring tendency to insert social commentary) and you can feel the show shifting in the direction of the episodes that he wrote towards the beginning of the show's run. It's still a unique show with it's own comedic voice, and I don't think that's really changed. I have noticed some of the secondary characters seem a little more flat; in the show's first 10 episodes there was a lot of little inserted bits of character depth that I attribute to Patrick Harpin, who left after that. Now most of the background characters are pretty one-note caricatures, but it's a silly cartoon so that's alright.
>>
>>81300272

Art is too low quality to watch, even if the writing is "ok" (keep in mind it's a children's cartoon don't get all mlp on us) its a shame it's entombed in garbage tier animation on the level of that eyesore super mountain fort ninja awesome
>>
>>81303220
Nice meme control.
>>
>>81304988
The style is very simple (I would say the geometric nature of it is a drawback) but in motion the designs have a lot of dimension and weight and I find the show moves quite nicely and looks pretty nice when you have good copies of the episodes. "The Tails of Mardrynia" had bits that were much more loosely and fluidly animated than anything I can remember seeing on TV recently.
>>
>>81305164
jesus CHRIST you're right. I can't stop watching the intro because it's so smoothly animated, and then seeing it move into the show as well.
>>
Almost the whole show in logoless 1080p WEB-DL:
https://mega.nz/#F!EB1RAZDY!5QpVnilbRQxSEs6FnAP8Qw

I'm uploading "The Tails of Mardrynia" & "Clarence Wendle and the
Eye of Coogan" in a bit
>>
>>81302958
>but all the parts where he ruins things too?

Why is this such a problem to you? So what if kids break shit?
>>
>>81302550
You sound like alot of fun! :D
>>
>>81305320
anon grasping straws to support why he dislikes the show, nice
>>
>>81300545
>People only really started finding faults in the show during season 2. They started doing weird semi hallucinogenic bits that felt weird. The show is still good, but season 1 is the better season.
I think you mean late season 1
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.