[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong was Superman after hit with kryptonite gas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 600x350
Unlike in TDKR where a very similar attack left superman very nearly dead and his face instantly swelled up from one hit,

In BvS, when Superman got hit with kryptonite gas he was still supernaturally strong and durable

He took multiple direct hits to the face from batman wearing robotically enhanced armor---armor so strong that it managed to withstand getting crashed through a building mind you---and yet these strikes never broke the skin and didnt exactly seem to shatter bones ( though at one point the jaw look broke but who knows)

Also on top of the strikes, he was able to withstand batman jumping on top of him through a skylight and landed on him with the full weight of the armor (which was so heavy it seemed to use some type of robotic support based on sound effects)

And if that's not enough, superman also withstood being dropped like 6 or 7 stories to the ground, which left an impact crater where he landed

And then Bruce used the grappling gun to smash superman through multiple columns and other parts of the wall.

(And I haven't even mentioned moments of offense, like grabbing Bruce's leg and throwing him through a wall; and running straight through half a wall charging at Bruce)

So to suffice to say even when hit with kryptonite gas, superman was still superman, it just dropped him down 90+% or 95

But where does that put him when consorting him to other heros?

I'm thinking marvels Netflix version of Luke Cage just came to mind as I typed this and actually fits pretty well

(I was originally going to say something like spiderman but slightly weaker in strength but still more invulnerable though because spidey can't handle too much damage, a 7 story fall would fuck him up pretty bad, I think)
>>
There's so many false assumptions in your initial post that I don't even know where to begin, so I'll start with the biggest one of all and the one you'll likely be most likely to ignore and just stop while I'm ahead;

You're operating under the incorrect assumption that any superhero in any piece of superhero fiction ever has ever had anything like an actually internally consistent showing of how strong they physically are, making your entire initial supposition meaningless and irrelevant.
You're basically comparing "Determined By The Story" to "Determiner By The Story", two X values in a math equation where the X stands for "Or Whatever".
>>
>>81291295
Well of course. I actually don't disagree with you, but it's not so much that I'm making this mistake as it is that sadly that's just a fact of comics and comic related stuff and we kind of accept it

Like superman from the animated series compared to superman in the comics (any age) is so much more powerful

And like you said it can even vary in the actual story itself from scene to scene

But ........ People still like to discuss "power levels" just like people like to discuss "can X beat Y?"

Absolutely pointless discussions but that's what this is meant to be, pointless fun

So if you'll let me get back to it, where do YOU think superman was at power wise after getting hit with that gas?

Cause I'd say he was still easily stronger than Captain America

Like punching post-Kgas supes would still be like punching metal
>>
>>81291246
The answer is "it doesn't matter" and I will explain why.

The gas served no purpose in the context of the movie's universe whatsoever. It was never used to any advantage or function. The only weapon that ever mattered was the spear. And there was no reason to even make the gas if you have the spear.

The only reason Batman made kryptonite gas was so they could have a longer fight scene where they punch each other. It didn't help Batman in the story; it was for us, the audience. Just like that long staring contest Batman had with that old photo of Wonder Woman. (The audience knows her, but he should just be going "Who's this bitch?")

In fact, Batman had no evident plan to engage Superman in the first place. He seems to expect him to just fly down and fight, but we learn the only reason he did was because Luthor held his mom hostage. And even that makes no sense, because Superman could have used his powers to destroy all communicators Lex could use to talk to his henchmen, preventing him from giving the kill order. Then he could tie Luthor to a water tower and fly around the world at super speed, using X-ray vision to find his mom. When I was in the theater and I heard Luthor's ludicrous hostage plan I was yelling at the screen "ARE YOU SUPERMAN OR NOT?"
>>
>>81291542
CONT.

Even if for some reason Luthor has some kind of Superman detectors that detect when Superman flies out of the area, which trigger an alarm that signals Martha's execution instantly, the scenario doesn't make sense. At this point Luthor could ask Superman to do ANYTHING, because he can't let his mom die. Why wouldn't he ask him to commit SUICIDE if he wants him dead?

So what was Batman's plan if Luthor died in childbirth and didn't exist on this rooftop to kidnap Superman's mom? Superman apparently did not want to fight to the death, since Luthor felt the need to force him. And he has X-ray vision so he knows about the kryptonite spear. He would just stay away from it. It's like killing someone with a zamboni. All he has to do is outrun him.

Here's my point: If the writers couldn't be bothered to figure out what characters are supposed to be doing and why, then how can you expect them to put coherent thought into the minutiae of trivial power level questions?
>>
>>81291246

they cut out the blood from the cinema version, you see him bleeding in the trailer.
>>
>>81291542
I agree that the gas was for our benefit but you missed a couple of things

1) Luthor told Superman he didn't know where his mom was and he wouldn't let his men tell him (so that clark couldn't extract the information from him)

He also told clark that he had less than an hour and you may have noticed that the kidnappers had a digital clock with red numbers counting down.

That means there was no "kill order" from Lex.

The idea was simply when the hour was up , they were going to go ahead and kill her. Lex's involvement was finished. In fact he didn't even expect to receive a call until she was dead.

Second lex also made it clear he had people watching the roof when he said "if you kill me, she dies. If you fly away, she also dies, but if you kill the bat, she lives"

Meaning if he tried your plan to tie lex up and find his mom, she'd be killed instantly

2) batmans plan definitely assumed that superman wasn't going to instantly kill him , but beyond that it actually made some sense.

First he lead him to walk into two traps (batman obviously didn't know they wouldn't work)

And then the plan was to lead him to the spear.

Which brings me to

3) you said superman could use his X-ray vision and see the spear and stay away from it , but you forget that superman didn't know what kryptonite was at this point , If anything batman should be been holding it from the start cause superman wouldn't know to avoid it

But now that I think about it, there was a purpose to the gas. The gas only weakened superman but it wasn't enough to kill him , for that batman needed pure kryptonite ie the spear

So the point of the gas was to weaken superman enough so that he could get him to the spear

That goes back to the "why not start with the spear" thing but maybe he was afraid superman would get suspicious

But it makes a little more sense then just bad writing. Sort of a mix
>>
>>81291736
>The timer thing
Shiiiiiet you're right about that. Good thing this version of Superman can't fly around the world in less than an hour I guess? Does Luthor know that? How? I guess he studied Kryptonian biology and is an expert on them now because he stole Zod's body. Or something. Whatever.

So Superman knows his mom is gonna die in an hour unless it shows up on the news feed that he killed Batman. Then he breaks Luthor's arm and forces him to call his men off or have his dick broken off. He did have contact with them as revealed later so that's an option. Either way, Luthor has no reason not to ask Clark to snap his own neck.

>Superman didn't know what Kryptonite was
I have no idea what gave you that notion. They use it on him in Man of Steel.

>Batman laid traps...
And Batman doesn't know about Luthor's plan. If he did, he'd be fighting Luthor, not Superman. So let's live in Batman's mind for a moment. How do I get Superman to come down from 1000 feet in the sky and fight me? No fucking idea guess I'll just stand here and wait for a plot contrivance to force Superman to land.
>>
>>81291246

>can lift 200 billion gorillion tons
>gets depowered
>can lift only 1 million tons
>Batman's face when
>>
>>81291928
Batmans plan is indeed a little squirly. Especially with heat vision in mind

But I'm just guessing that he's willing to take the risk of hear vision and he's assuming superman will want to punch him.

You make it sound like superman would want to stay in the air like a game of keep away, but let's get in his head for a minute: superman is the invincible one. He's not scared to land. He's not the one who should be running

Also other than heat vision his attacks are mostly melee he's going to have to at least get close enough to the ground to touch Bruce.

>they used kryptonite in man of steel

You are mistaken. The big K was explicitly left out of man of steel and rumor was that zack didn't even want it in his superman universe ( I guess adding batman forced his hand )

What you're thinking of is the fact that "kryptonian atmosphere" weakened kryptonians to their normal "human" levels

It's why Kal got sick on the ship and Zod said "his body is adjusting to the atmosphere"

And it's why the fumes of the World Engine weakened him

But there was no shiny green rock in man of steel
>>
>>81292024
I seriously thought this exact same thing.

There's no way for bats to know how much it was going to weaken him, and for all he knew he still had the strength to punch a hole through the armor and his face
>>
>>81292024
well, he still had the traps and the kryptonite spear.
>>
>>81291542
dude, my theater gasped when the photo came up., none of them saw that coming.
>>
OP, you're wrong. In the comic Superman was never in any real danger and because Bruce was his friend and had heart problems, Supes pretended to lose.

In the movie Supes had the same intent but that was before he got hit with double Kryptonite grenades and there was no pretending and Man of Manslaughter could've killed him.
>>
File: eeeeehhhhh.jpg (132 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
eeeeehhhhh.jpg
132 KB, 1024x768
>>81291246
>kryptonite supposedly "destroys" Kryptonian cells
>kryptonite gas just weakens Superman as opposed to dissolving his flesh
>>
>>81291542
>The gas served no purpose in the context of the movie's universe whatsoever. It was never used to any advantage or function. The only weapon that ever mattered was the spear. And there was no reason to even make the gas if you have the spear.

You are a fucking idiot.

1. Superman wasnt expecting the gas
2. The gas took his heatvision and most of his superspeed away,and heavily limited his flight, his more complex powers. The gas whole point was to make it weak enough so the spear could be used.
>>
>>81291736
>3) you said superman could use his X-ray vision and see the spear and stay away from it , but you forget that superman didn't know what kryptonite was at this point , If anything batman should be been holding it from the start cause superman wouldn't know to avoid it

And that's is dumb as fuck, Gotham is so filled with led that even in the comics Superman has problems using his x-ray vision in that city.

And the whole point of the traps was to make superman feel safe and slowly drag him into the wolf's mouth: Superman would spot sentry guns, as far as he knows nothing humans have can really harm him, and batman is just a crazy hacker detective with lots of money.
>>
>>81292549
If batman walked up to superman with the spear in his hand superman would stand there not knowing what the fuck batman was holding and batman could just stab him in the goddamn chest with it. He would kill him in a single blow.
He didn't need to weaken him with gas.
>>
>>81292676
He will immediately feel weak and threaten. In an instant, heat vision comes in to end it.
>>
>>81292504
Well, obviously, since the molecules in kryptonite's gaseous form are more spaced out, and disperse faster than an embedded shard or whathaveyou, they don't stay in contact long enough to do that type of damage. Y'know, like catching a whiff of diluted bleach fumes as opposed to drinking it straight.
>>
K Gas knocked out his heat vision and enhanced senses, as well as super speed and flight; it dropped his strength to maybe 10% (still stronger than a human), and his durability to about 25% - enough to be dazed/staggered by Batman's attacks, but not enough to break skin.
>>
>>81292676

>green glowing rock
Superman is not stupid, and the moment he felt the piercing of his skin he would move back at 300 times the speed of sound.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.