[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she really irredeemable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1457757506815.jpg (52 KB, 510x702) Image search: [Google]
1457757506815.jpg
52 KB, 510x702
How would you go about writing a redemption arc for her?
>>
Not entirely but the current writer of the comics is a complete hack and isn't the one to do it. The Search's failure was to using her as a generic antagonist and creating some useless baby daddy bullshit as the main point of drama instead of making use the tension that already exists for the royal family. Then in the recent comics she comes back suddenly sound of mind after having some off screen revelation and some ridiculous plan that once again only serves to make her a generic antagonist instead of a well-rounded character and if there's never any opportunity to explore her character organically that's all she'll ever be.
>>
>>81173745

I wouldn't. I don't want my villains to be redeemed.
>>
I don't think she'd be interested in being redeemed. She's never demonstrated that she feels guilt for anything she's done.
>>
>>81173745
Set her up as the official face of the old Fire Nation guard, collaborating with Zuko to manage and manipulate the rebellious Conservatives. Let her enjoy being the villain when she's actually on the side of angels.

She doesn't really need a proper redemption arc anyway. Not everybody needs to be best friends forever with the Gaang, just let her get as far away as possible from her old life as she can. What she really needs is to find some remote cave somewhere and spend the next fifty years becoming a badass Firebending mountain hermit.
>>
>>81174164
>She's never demonstrated that she feels guilt for anything she's done.
And she shouldn't. She just needs to switch sides. Be bad for the good guys.
>>
There's no believable way to fix her honestly. Like she is way over the line. Honestly it would probably best to either take her bending away or straight up execute her. She's going to be in prison forever or become an enormous threat if she ever got out.
>>
File: 5ptpalm.jpg (65 KB, 786x327) Image search: [Google]
5ptpalm.jpg
65 KB, 786x327
>>81174224
>What she really needs is to find some remote cave somewhere and spend the next fifty years becoming a badass Firebending mountain hermit.
>Azula is the Pai Mei to the next Avatar

Man, that would've been awesome.
>>
>>81173745
Seppuku. Or whatever the Chinese equivalent is. Unless the Fire Nation is meant to be Japan.
>>
>>81174497
She would look cool with those eyebrown
>>
>>81173745
She eventually rapes Zuko in order to give him the strongest possible heir
>>
Scrapper says that her father sexually abused her and manipulated her love for him, so we should give her a pass
>>
She would need to fall in love and have a family then lose that family to some villain and be too old to do anything about so that she can feel the as helpless as the people she killed.

also raped cause you know fire nation did some raping.
>>
Send her into the future and let her beat up Korra and meet an old Zuko.
>>
I could see her become a neutral character or join the good guys' side, but it'd be a matter of just moving on. She'd never compensate for her misdeeds, but she'd deal with it and learn to be a different person.
Either that, or you could completely throw away the show's ideals and instead have a massively cynical outcome. Like Aang's peacekeeping efforts ultimately fail simply because all the common people turn out to be selfish and cruel scumbags, and it winds up making Azula seem OK by comparison.
>>
>>81175275
THANK YOU.

Please post Zucest confirmation.
>>
>>81174235
How would you do that though? She's pretty evil and not stupid, you can't just trick her into doing bad for the greater good. The only thing she's particularly interested in is absolute power and that's not exactly something you can offer her while still having some degree of say in her actions.
>>
>>81181143
Zuko alread missed the boat. He had all the leverage when she was locked up. He should have been using that time to woo her with his cock.
>>
>>81181465
Zuko is a loser who could never ever take the initiative, though.

Stop and think: isn't he constantly searching out people who will tell him what to do? First Iroh tells him what to do. Then Azula tells him what to do. Then Mai tells him what to do. Then finally it's Aang telling him what to do. Zuko is a chump.
>>
>>81181542
Exactly. That's why he failed.
>>
>>81181542
He did boss around Aang during the firebending training, their field trip and then when telling him to kill his dad.
>>
I think with good writing any character CAN be redeemed, you can ask whether she SHOULD be redeemed. Right now the best tack is probably just containing her. Strip her of her bending and ship her off to the looney bin, probably. But honestly I think it could work to have her be a neutral character who supports and helps Zuko because he's blood and just enjoys power by proxy. She'd need a very tight leash kept on her though.
>>
>>81173745
I really just want to turn Azula into a mindbroken fucktoy. Any other fictional character and the fantasy doesn't really work. Just Azula. I just want her broken.
>>
>>81173745
>Is she really irredeemable?
Yes, but that's part of the allure
>>
>>81181542
>Zuko is a loser who could never ever take the initiative, though.
And that's why Azula should take the initiative
>>
>>81181675
Remember that that smut comic Where she'd present herself at the edge of her prison bars every night until her guard finally gave in to fucking her? All for the purpose of mothering an heir for the Fire Nation in the future. As bizarre as that comic was, it's still kinda in-character for her, especially in her batshit state of mind.
>>
File: Azula21.jpg (67 KB, 500x1529) Image search: [Google]
Azula21.jpg
67 KB, 500x1529
>>81174497
I don't know about the hermit bit, Azula being Korra's fire bending teacher has always sounded like a great idea.
>>
>>81181826
She did. And its terrible. Anytime she takes initiative she's an asshole.
>>
>>81181939
Shame about tyzula ruining that comic
>>
Real talk: why does it feel like zuko and azula have surpassed gwen and ben?
>>
>>81182817
Royalty is inherently more incestuous.
>>
>>81173745

Right in her pooper.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.